General Discussion

load previous
Sep 4, 2015 5:03 pm
Wow. Tim has really gone all out for this campaign, eh?
Sep 4, 2015 5:33 pm
He really loves practical effects in his campaign when he can manage it. :)
Sep 5, 2015 12:37 pm
I'm going to the zoo w/ family today, so posting will be less frequent
Sep 5, 2015 12:39 pm
I have something today too so will probably post this morning the another big one later tonight. Sorry everyone. :)
Sep 6, 2015 5:41 am
I was a bit busy myself today, between some traveling, hiking, and finally getting my family to try some new board games with me, then traveling back home! Sorry about the late post.
Sep 6, 2015 5:45 am
Also, I added the 1 physical stress to my character sheet by putting an x in the box in the "1" row, is that right?
Last edited September 6, 2015 5:45 am
Sep 6, 2015 3:10 pm
No problem. I think we are all a bit busy this weekend. Also yes, that's perfect.
Sep 8, 2015 1:31 pm
Just to clarify, I think I described it poorly. There is power still in the office building. But at kels house and the neighborhood around it power is out.
Sep 8, 2015 3:19 pm
Uh-oh.

I've been wondering which book(s) we were playing with...looks like we're at least using the Zombies one...
Sep 8, 2015 5:03 pm
Ah, yes, I figured the name of the campaign gave it away. Dead End Job. It was a play on words. :)
Sep 8, 2015 5:43 pm
Is this a world where zombie fiction exists (Noting they do not exist in the Walking Dead world, for example)
Sep 8, 2015 6:00 pm
Oh yes, this world is almost a mirror image of our own, but at the same time in the minds of your characters, it seems almost as fictional as it does in this world. It's a sort of pop culture logo of an idea, but your first thoughts of seeing a weirdly behaving animal would probably still be rabies, because that exists in a very proven manner.
Sep 8, 2015 6:35 pm
Oh, I agree, just checking for when we see clear zombie folks.
Sep 8, 2015 8:57 pm
You know, the hospital that's clear acroww town...
Sep 8, 2015 9:29 pm
Dextolen says:
Oh, I agree, just checking for when we see clear zombie folks.
You'll know when Jacob see's them because he's going to stab you in the leg so he can outrun you!!! :-)

Just Kidding!

*maybe*
Sep 9, 2015 12:28 am
You guys are coming up with great ideas! As a player, I'm desperately trying to come up with some reason for Howard to start improvising weapons before we leave the office, but the threat of crazed animals? Well, maybe I can justify it with Howard's overactive imagination...
Sep 9, 2015 12:35 am
lol. Not meta gaming in this is hard. Lol.
Sep 9, 2015 1:23 am
What a day to forget my +1 Boots of Rat Stomping at home!
Sep 9, 2015 3:52 am
Also, to clarify. If you want to try and bust through the door as a group you put up one person as a representative, then I have him roll a pool that consists of 1 positive dice (default), and another positive for each member of your group that is assisting. (so you could total up to 4 positive dice. Then you will get a single negative because in forcing open a door there is the possibility that you hurt yourself a bit trying to push. So the one representative would roll 4 positive dice, and 1 negative. They would need at least one success to open the door. Make sense?
Sep 9, 2015 5:31 am
Yeah, my weapons suggestion was not me trying to meta game, it's just that as my character is based on myself, and I often carry various types of weaponry with me to the bathroom (because I'm paranoid and mildly scared of the dark even as an adult in the real world haha) in such a crazy scenario as this I'd be freaking out and looking for anything to make me feel a little less stressed. Getting attacked by a horde of rats would definitely trigger that.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.