General Discussion

load previous
Sep 9, 2015 7:08 am
Just to be clear: I didn't mean to imply that you were meta-gaming - I think all of you are doing a great job at coming up with in-character reasons for trying to keep yourselves safe, and ways to do it that make sense (security office! Brilliant!). Me, though, I keep thinking of all the great weapons I could craft from normal office objects, if only Howard had any idea what was actually happening. All those cleaning supplies in the Maintenance closet? What possible reason would Howard have had for stockpiling those? None whatsoever, but me as a player was screaming "Oh, come on!"

I'll help you push the door.
Sep 9, 2015 11:06 am
Hah. Yeah exactly. Like we know this setting and we know things that will start to happen, but staying in character is tough with this scenario. Trying to think about what just the average joe would do.
Sep 10, 2015 7:18 pm
Quote:
"Tim, how are you holding up buddy?"
"BRAAAIINNSSSSSSSSS"

"Yeah, I am pretty smart, wished this company would recognize what an asset I am"
Sep 10, 2015 7:24 pm
Dextolen says:
Quote:
"Tim, how are you holding up buddy?"
"BRAAAIINNSSSSSSSSS"

"Yeah, I am pretty smart, wished this company would recognize what an asset I am"
hahahha
Sep 10, 2015 9:09 pm
I wish there was a way to "Like" posts in the campaign. Lol. Good product placement Jacob. Now we can get paid for this.
Sep 10, 2015 9:19 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
I wish there was a way to "Like" posts in the campaign. Lol. Good product placement Jacob. Now we can get paid for this.
I think the "like" thing is on Keleth's never-ending list of 'Things to Do'.

I could see how excited someone was over the new Apple stuff yesterday via my Twitter feed - used that as inspiration. :-)
Sep 11, 2015 4:43 am
Well, I sure am lucky that zombies hate the smell of Sharpies, huh?
Sep 11, 2015 3:15 pm
Laughing at the image of Howard, thinking furiously "Where can I find a lever?" with bars, rods and rails just sitting in the rubble at his feet!
Sep 11, 2015 3:21 pm
I should have mentioned that Kel's rail piece that he has is not an incredibly sturdy or indestructible material. If you were to apply leverage to it it would probably bend and buckle before whatever you are trying to pry. It is certainly not as suitable as a crowbar for such tasks.
Sep 11, 2015 6:22 pm
So if I were to attack Air Bud, here, I'd probably be looking at [+] 1 dice (just because), [+] 1 die 'weapon', but [-] 1 die (just because) and [-] 1 die for attacking man's best friend for the first time ( I am reminded of the time I saw a half-dead bunny in our backyard who must have been mauled by a dog - I tried to be a man and go out and kill it swiftly with a shovel and the experience was ABSOLUTELY NOT like the movies.
Sep 11, 2015 6:24 pm
Exactly. To directly attack it will add an extra negative. Also because you've probably not fought mans best friend. The first negative dice was for situational stress. Fear pressing down on you.
Sep 11, 2015 6:39 pm
So in this case I remove one + and one - die because they match, and since I am over my DEX I miss? - and thus gain a stress? and remind me, we have the 3 tiered stress track for each category of ability score, So physical, Mental and Social stress? Or just one track of stress?
Sep 11, 2015 6:52 pm
Yes. Also sorry if you read my initial post I made it sound like you hit it, you didn't. Jacob did though.

The stress tracks are 1 for each category, so you have a 3 tiered track for physical, another for mental, and another for social. You take one point for any uncanceled negative dice during a test.

Also, szemely, how did you group your rolls like that, the format was super readable.
Sep 11, 2015 6:54 pm
Just separated the rolls with commas. So "1d6, 1d6" for the positive roll and the same for the negative roll.
Sep 11, 2015 6:55 pm
Do Jacob need a willpower roll as well?
Last edited September 11, 2015 6:55 pm
Sep 11, 2015 6:55 pm
Yes, anyone who gets close enough to something like this for the first time will need to roll. I doubt any of you have ever seen a living dog corpse before.
Sep 11, 2015 6:56 pm
How wide is this corridor to the lobby, and how wide is the aisle between cubicles? How many 4' wide cubicle partitions would it take to stretch a barrier across each? They usually just clip together and are easily shifted by two people, but how do we get Kel back?
Sep 11, 2015 6:58 pm
The hallway down to the lobby is a fairly standard hallway, maybe only 6-8 feet wide. The aisle that runs down between these cubicles is maybe more like 15-20 feet.
Sep 11, 2015 6:59 pm
And you are on essentially the corner where this hallway opens into this kind of cubicle aisle thing.
Sep 11, 2015 6:59 pm
So success doesn't cancel/negate a negative die (only matching die do that). Is this right? So in every attack you gain a stress unless you also roll a matching + die?
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.