Chapter 1, Day 2: Into the Witchwood

load previous
Sep 30, 2015 5:25 pm
Moving back beside Corban, I help defend him against the Minotaur again. My eyes begin to glow with an inner light as I take another swing
[OOC: Fighting Style Protection to give Mr. Minotaur disadvantage on his attacks to Corban. Spending Inspiration for advantage on attack roll and using Divine Smite.]

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Attack - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Damage - (1d8+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Divine Smite - (2d8)

(63) = 9

Oct 1, 2015 6:51 am
The bugbear's eyes glaze over and it walks towards Rurik, walking past Xara - undefended - as he does. When he reachers Rurik, having satisfied the command, he regains his sense. He raises his hand, the one with the wand, and flicks his wrist. A red chain of bolts with grasping claws at their tip erupts from the wand. Two strike Rurik and one one arcs for Xara, hitting her in the back.

The archer drops his bow and grabs the sword he left on the bed to his side. He swings, but isn't able to hit the quick moving rogue.

The minotaur, turns to the paladin and slams the head of his axe into Kaiakas' gut, shattering something with the force of impact. He shouts, "Koth, where's that beast friend of yours?"

The bugbear, who is keeping the mace in his offhand between himself and Rurik replies with a shout, "Tel'Korrath!"

Meanwhile, outside Paws moves up to the collapsed entrance and looks into the courtyard. The sounds of conflict are coming from the building at the back of the keep. Just as she starts to plan her next action, a huge manticore, a big winged lion-like creature with a horrifically spiked tail, leaps from a hole in the roof of the building in the south-east corner and props itself on the edge of the roof. It stares intently towards the building where the battle and a shout, presumably calling it, came from. The creature remains sitting calmlyon the roof ledge, as if deciding if its worth its effort to intervene.

Rurik's command works, Kaiakas misses.

Xara can make an Attack of Opportunity against the Bugbear Sorcerer

Rurik takes 10 Damage from Magic Missile
Xara takes 3 Damage from Magic Missile

Xara is missed by the archer hobgoblin

The minotaur hits Kaiakas for a brutal 15 damage

Paws see a Manticore
Oct 1, 2015 8:42 am
I move with the force of the hit on me to back off for a bit. [Disengage] When I get far enough away I put a hand to my middle, a golden glow infusing me with the strength I lost after that hit.
[OOC: I know this may be more than what's allowed in one turn, so if need be I'll just let this be my next action as well.
Oct 1, 2015 11:15 am
Seeing the Bugbear glide right past me, I shake my head. "Tsk tsk, a fatal mistake my friend." Then, with a flourish and a twist of the wrist, I aim for whatever fleshy parts look softest.
Last edited October 1, 2015 11:15 am

Rolls

Attack! - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Damage - (1d8+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Oct 1, 2015 12:16 pm
Kaiakas steps back from the minotaur and prepares to heal himself after the battering he sustained.

Xara scratches the bugbear on his way past while under the influence of Rurik's will.

Kaiakas disengaged and moves away. Thats the Action + Move for this round. Unless you have a Bonus Action heal (Healing Word), your healing will have to wait until next round.

Xara hits with the opportunity attack, dealing 4 damage to bugbear sorcerer - Koth, as you know now he is called.

Xara, Corban, Rurik, Paws, Zaris, Jorr are left to act (in any order you please)
Oct 1, 2015 12:43 pm
I turn towards the Bugbear, giving it another stab for good measure. Then I step away from it, trying to keep all or most of our enemies in sight in case any of my friends need my help.

OOC: attack, then Bonus Action disengage and move into position if needed. I want to at least keep Zaris and the Bugbear in my sights.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Damage - (1d8+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Oct 1, 2015 12:52 pm
Xara steps away from the dagger-wielding archer, pursuing the bugbear sorcerer as he wanders past her. The archer takes a swipe at the rogue, catching her with the serrated edge of the crudely handmade blade. Xara's own attack misses as the sorcerer wheels around and swings his mace at her and she is forced to retreat.

Xara is critically hit for 7 damage but the last hobgoblin she stepped away from, and misses the bugbear
Oct 1, 2015 1:49 pm
The missiles slam into me, I step back, turning my head to spit out a sizzling gobbet of black blood. Straightening I turn to the sorcerer and point, "My turn"

Rolls

Eldritch blast - (1d20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

Eldritch Damage - (1d10+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Oct 1, 2015 3:09 pm
Feeling the sweat build up on his forehead as Kaiakas withdraws, Corban sets himself to lay into the Minotaur again.

Rolls

Attack 1 w/longsword - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Damage w/ Longsword - (1D8+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Oct 1, 2015 5:08 pm
Pawetha momentarily forgets where she is as she spies the large monstrosity the appears on the roof. "So much for fun," she thinks, and grits her teeth. The manticore would make a fine trophy, but it's not a task to be taken lightly.

Crouching into a stalker's pace, Pawetha silently maneuvers to the portal in the south wall and assesses if she can access the room beyond, all while keeping out of the manticore's sight and downwind of its nose.

OOC: Looking at the map, I assume that's a closed door to the south of the ruined room I'm in. I'd like to check if it can be easily opened; if it can, I will enter the room.
Last edited October 1, 2015 5:09 pm

Rolls

Stealth (DEX) - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Oct 1, 2015 11:14 pm
I use whatever cover I can find and attempt to disappear from view of my nearest combatants.

OOC: bonus action- hide

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Oct 2, 2015 7:22 am
Rurik's blast hits the sorcerer hard and hit spits blood on the floor in response, "Get into the courtyard." he shouts at the minotaur. Jorr drops his bow and draws a long sword, slashing at the bugbear as he does so.

Croban swings at the minotaur, but the creature blocks with the haft of its axe.

Paws finds the door ajar and peers inside. What the building might have once been used for is unclear. All the furniture has been crushed into rubble, and a large nestlike mound of tree branches, bits and pieces of foul-smelling animal parts, and long, thin spikes of some sort of black material fill the northwest corner of the room. A gaping hole in the roof in the northeast corner provides a view of the sky above. By some twist of fortune, the manticore hasn't noticed her yet.

Rurik and Jorr hit the Bugbear
Corban misses
Xara hides

Paws finds the manticore nest
Oct 2, 2015 7:29 am
The minotaur checks Corban with the haft of its axe then leans back into the door behind it and moves into the courtyard. Out of sight, but not earshot, Corban hears the minotaur yelling at something, "You! Get down here and help! There's intruders in the keep."

The bugbear, presently surrounded, shoulders past Rurik and Jorr, trusting the faintly glowing mage armour that surrounds his body will weather the attacks, and moves through the hole in the building wall. Once outside he points his mace upwards and shouts, "Tel'Korrath, this is what you're paid for. Rid the world of these pests."

Pawetha notices the manticore's heavy sigh before the creature flies into the air and moves over the middle of the courtyard.

Minotaur disengages from Corban

Rurik, Jorr and Xara (with sneak attack, as you haven't used it this round yet) get attacks of opportunity on the bugbear

Much posturing and arguing with a manticore.

Everyone is up.
Oct 2, 2015 7:30 am
Retreiving his bow, Jorr knocks and arrow and puts it cleanly through the throat of the remaining hobgoblin archer that appeared to be forgotten about in the chaos of battle.

Jorr kills archer.
Oct 2, 2015 7:51 am
"Baervan's teeth, this is inconvenient," mutters Pawetha as her target changes location. She shifts north, using the boulders and ruined walls as cover, and takes aim at the manticore. Breathing out a silent prayer, she looses her arrow.

CancerMan sent a note to Candi

Rolls

Attack Short Bow - (1d20+7)

(4) + 7 = 11

Damage Short Bow - (1d6+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Oct 2, 2015 7:57 am
Pawetha slinks back into the crumbled watchtower and gently pushes the door open. Getting a good line on the manticore she looses and arrow, which sails past the creature. The manticore wheels around in the air and begins to search for the source of the attack.

A miss, I'm afraid!
Oct 2, 2015 11:23 am
As the bugbear ambles past, I emerge from the shadows and strike- aiming for its legs.
Last edited October 2, 2015 11:25 am

Rolls

AOO w/advantage - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (11) + 5 = 16

1d20+5 : (9) + 5 = 14

Damage + Sneak Attack - (1d8+3, 1d6)

1d8+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

1d6 : (2) = 2

Oct 2, 2015 2:03 pm
As the sorcerer tries to slip past me, I lash out with my warhammer and attempt to end him

Rolls

Unleash my inner Phil Collins - (1d20+4)

(11) + 4 = 15

Damage - (1d8+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Oct 2, 2015 2:06 pm
Xara and Jorr both catch the bugbear with their blades, somehow finding gaps in the faint magical armour protecting him. Rurik's warhammer surges through the air and hits nothing.

Hit for Xara, and Jorr. Miss for Rurik.
Oct 2, 2015 2:40 pm
I put a hand to my middle, a golden glow infusing me with the strength I lost after that hit. Renewed, I watch the minotaur withdraw and pick my new target. I move to help finish off the surrounded bugbear.
[OOC: Lay on Hands to heal 10 hp.]
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.