Chapter 1, Day 2: Into the Witchwood

load previous
Oct 2, 2015 6:31 pm
"Running away, you big horned coward?" Corban follows the minotaur out the door and attacks furiously with his longsword, wishing he had a fire bolt to shoot at the beast so he could keep his distance.

Rolls

Attack w/longsword - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Damage w/ Longsword - (1D8+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

F-YEAH Crit damage baby. - (1d8)

(1) = 1

Oct 2, 2015 6:35 pm
The manticore seems to be the fortune Zaris needs as no one is worried too much about a wizard half dead on the ground. The elf gets him self up as quickly as he can and hides himself under one the closest bed in the room. He curls up against the wall and pulls the bed over him to fully cover his failing body. Stay away, stay away he thinks to himself.

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Oct 3, 2015 8:21 am
Corban's charge surprises the minotaur, and while he tries to parry with his heavy axe the effort is in vain and the fighter's blade comes down hard on the creatures upper arm. Blood gushes and the minotaur lets out a fierce howl, it's eyes reddening as it descends into a furious rage.

Zaris pulls himself under the hobgoblin bed and hides himself well.

Corban hits!
Zaris hides

Rurik and Xara have turns to take
Oct 5, 2015 1:31 pm
Seeing the bugbear backing off, begging for his companion to save him. "He'll nay be in time, let me do you what magic is /supposed/ to do" I launch another eldritch blast toward it.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Damage - (1d10+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Oct 5, 2015 1:55 pm
I continue after the bugbear, slashing at it in two clean swipes towards its ribs.

Ooc: bonus action, disengage
Last edited October 5, 2015 4:39 pm

Rolls

Attack! - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Damage - (1d8+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Oct 5, 2015 4:34 pm
Seeing Xara get the better of the bugbear gives him a sudden sense that he should do something to help. He makes the first effort to crawl from under the bed but writhes in pain from what he can only imagine is a broken rib. You won't do anyone any good dead Zaris he thinks before sliding back into as comfortable a position as he can manage.
Oct 5, 2015 9:00 pm
Rurik's blast hits the bugbear hard in the back and he stumbles forward, giving Xara a clean opening to slash at his side. Both attacks find gaps in the mage armour and the bugbears blood stains the dirt of the courtyard. He growls and swings his mace at Xara but she is already a few paces back and well out of range.

The bugbear pulls a flask from his belt filled with a cloudly, greyish liquid. He chugs the potions and fades from sight.

The minotaur, filled with bloodlust and rage, swings wildly at Corban but hits nothing but air as the fighter nearly evades both swings.

The manticore's tail swings up in front of it and snaps rapidly forward. Black spikes surge forward, two towards Corban and one towards Xara. A spike aimed at each hits their mark.

Both hit, bugbear is not dead

Bugbear sorcerer goes invisible
Minotaur uses Reckless Attack to attack with Advantage.. and still misses! Attacks against the Minotaur have Advantage this round

Tail spikes: 1 misses Corban
1 Hits Xara for 5 Damage
1 Hits Corban for 5 Damage

Players are up!
Oct 5, 2015 9:04 pm
My vision goes black before I even realize what has happened and I crumble to the ground.

Rolls

Death Save- here goes nothing! - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Oct 5, 2015 10:05 pm
As I see the bugbear go invisible, I growl with frustration and turn after hearing the minotaur rage. "Alright. Looks like you're back for more."
[OOC: I think I'm still within range to Move + Attack. I'm fuzzy headed because of a congested head.]

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Attack - advantage - (1d20+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Damage - (1d8+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Oct 5, 2015 10:38 pm
Corban swears and pulls out the tail spike. He then hides behind his shield, ready for another angry swing from the Minotaur or a volley from the Manticore.

OOC : taking the Dodge action.
Oct 6, 2015 3:16 am
Pawetha chances another look through the open portal, and seeing the manticore's attention is elsewhere, draws her bow and fires another arrow at the flying monstrosity.

Rolls

Attack Short Bow - (1d20+7)

(12) + 7 = 19

Damage - (1d6+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Oct 6, 2015 7:37 am
Kaiakas comes out to Corban's support and slashes at the minotaur, cutting it across the chest. It bellows and turns its rage towards him. Corban, meanwhile, uses his shield to cover from the manticore's spike volley and works hard to keep out of the way of the minotaur's axe.

Pawetha fires a single arrow that hits the minotaur in the back. It spins in the air and spots her, readying another tail volley.

Jorr clambers over the rubble and atop one of the large boulders to get a good vantage point. He fires an arrow at the minotaur, hitting in it in the side.

Hit for both Kaiakas and Pawetha (and Jorr for that matter)

Zaris and Rurik are left up
Oct 6, 2015 1:36 pm
"Alright, ye horned bully, yer friend left, that means you get the focus." Joining the rest of the party I blast the Minotaur

Rolls

Eldritch blast - (1d20+4)

(17) + 4 = 21

Damage - (1d10+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Oct 6, 2015 1:41 pm
Rurik's blast hits the minotaur hard and he stumbles, dropping briefly to one knee before struggling back to his feet and hefting his axe high over his head for one final swing at Kaiakas or Corban.

Hit for 10 Damage. You'll be sad to know he has 1 HP left.

Zaris, you're up!
Oct 6, 2015 5:56 pm
Seeing the Minotaur stumble Zaris strains to load a bolt into his crossbow. The missile clicks into position with a grunt from the wizard and he edges himself out slightly from the bed and fires off a shot at the minotaur.

Rolls

crossbow - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

disadvantage (since he is prone)? - (1d20+2)

(5) + 2 = 7

damage - (1d8)

(3) = 3

Oct 6, 2015 6:53 pm
Zaris leans briefly out from his hiding spot and can see, in the distance, just barely from the angle he's at through the open door, the bulky body of the minotaur behind Corban and Kaiakas. It's a long shot, through a narrow opening. An expert might struggle with the shot if his companions weren't in the way. Zaris, wounded, hand shaking, pulls the trigger and the bolt surges forward. It nicks the edge of the door frame on the way by, slightly adjusting the trajectory - purely by chance - narrowly missing Corban's back and sinking into the minotaur's throat. The mintoaur's eyes go wide, surprised, before he collapses forward.

Hit, killed.

Disadvantage due to the very narrow angle (if you look at the map, it's a perfect line from Zaris to the Minotaur)... BUT, the Mintoaur was granting Advantage to all attacks. The two cancel, and so your first roll stands. 3 Damage is enough.
Oct 6, 2015 8:06 pm
The manticore, seeing the minotaur fall, the manticore tosses a volley of spikes, one at each of Corban, Kaiakas and the partically concealed Pawetha.

Meanwhile, inside the building, Zaris sees the door the the room immediately north of the beds swing open. Inside is a large table surrounded by about a dozen chairs filling almost the small room. A massive paper is pinned to the table by several daggers. From his vantage point on the floor, half under the bed, he can't make out what it is. The daggers pull themselves out of the table and are discarded on the floor, then the page rolls up and vanishes.

24 and 17 (Disadvantage takes the 17) vs Paws AC, hit for 9 damage
16 vs Corban AC, miss
21 vs Kaiakas, hit for 9 damage

Players are up
Oct 6, 2015 8:06 pm
Upon seeing the minotaur collapse to the ground, Zaris smiles briefly before the sound of the door opening north of him startles him out of his day dream. He cowers again quickly under the bed and his eyes go wide in astonishment as the paper on the table disappears in front of him. His body aches and his head swims in confusion. He tried to comprehend what has happened but the adrenaline wears off and he passes out.
Last edited October 7, 2015 12:35 am
Oct 6, 2015 8:19 pm
Corban braces himself for the thunderous blow from the Minotaur. When it doesn't immediately come, he peeks over his shield in time to see the bolt catch the Minotaur in the throat. Uttering a brief prayer to Tymora for guiding that bolt home. Doesn't Zaris use a crossbow? He briefly thinks to himself.

Without hesitation, and despite the growing pains all over his body, Corban dashes toward the Manticore with a blood curdling scream. Covering his approach with his shield, he sidesteps at the last second, and follows his movement with a wide slash of his longsword.

Rolls

Attack w/longsword - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Damage w/ Longsword - (1D8+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Oct 6, 2015 8:23 pm
Corban runs across the courtyard and dashes into the building the Manticore swooped into. He finds it inside, tossing what must have been its nest over - scattering hundreds of coins across the floor - grabbing onto a bundle of cloth from the mess and a necklace, it turns just as Corban swings and slashes it across the face. The creature lets out a howl and makes to swipe back.

I missed the last bit of the manticore action, swooping down into the building with the hole in the roof. Fortunately, Corban can still chase it in there and bash it!

Hit for 10 damage
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.