Chapter 1, Day 2: Into the Witchwood

load previous
Oct 6, 2015 9:25 pm
Genuinely surprised at how the minotaur fell, I thank Tyr with a prayer as I heal myself from the strange spike, and then follow Corban. "What are-" and then I see the beast "Oh. That."
[OOC: casting Cure Wounds on myself.]

Rolls

Cure Wounds - (1d8+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Oct 6, 2015 9:38 pm
I dream of free flowing booze, and golden light. Wait. What the... One eye pops open as I come to, then blink a few times. "Why is the rum gone?"
Last edited October 6, 2015 9:43 pm

Rolls

Death save 2 - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Oct 7, 2015 1:06 am
Pawetha spins around as the spike sinks into her side and the force of impact pulls her back. She tracks the manticore's flight back into its nest and pursues to the door she opened earlier.

The gnome drops to one knee to steady her aim, and she takes a deep breath to calm herself through the pain. Pawetha exhales another prayer to Baervan and fires.

Rolls

Attack Short Bow - (1d20+7)

(6) + 7 = 13

Damage - (1d6+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Oct 7, 2015 6:43 am
Pawetha's arrow strikes the manticore in the upper portion of its hind leg, as it turns to face Corban.

Hit for 9 Damage,

Rurik is up
Oct 7, 2015 2:42 pm
Rurik sighs heavily "Next time we go exploring, I vote we look at empty ruins!" I wearily lift my arm toward the latest abomination and lose more eldritch enemies towards it.

Rolls

Eldritch Blast - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Creature slaying damage - (1d10+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Oct 7, 2015 2:46 pm
Rurik moves so he can get a line of sight to the manticore and looses and eldritch blast, slamming the creature in the face.
Oct 7, 2015 2:54 pm
The manticore lets out a howl, biting at Corban then swiping at him with its claw. The fighter deflects both attacks with careful placement of his shield, but that leaves his lower body open as the manticore spins quickly and slams into his upper legs with its spiked tail. The creature crouches a bit, then vaults itself through the hole in the roof onto the build and then again into the air. The mangled cloth and a few bits of gold and platinum clutched in on claw, it makes for the horizon.

Those with a keen eye (Passive Perception 13+) notice the bugbear suddenly take to the air from behind the main building. Tucked under one arm is a large bit of parchment that has been hastily rolled up. The bugbear, under the influence of some kind of flying spell, also is seeking escape.

Two misses on Corban, followed by a crit with miraculously low damage: 7 damage

If Corban is still conscious after that he gets an attack of opportunity, otherwise it's the player turn. The manticore is in the air, 50feet off the ground (so well in range of most ranged attacks). Clear shots can be had from the courtyard.

Likewise for the bugbear, except you need Passive Perception 13+ to have noticed it in all the commotion.

Map is updated
Oct 7, 2015 3:16 pm
Corban barely has time to thank his lucky stars that he bought the shield as the Manticore's tail crashes into his legs. All goes black as his head smashes into the ground.

Ooc:Death save time :) - one success
Last edited October 7, 2015 3:17 pm

Rolls

Death save - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Oct 8, 2015 12:44 am
The gnome ranger wheels back to secure the courtyard, eyes tracking the sky. Her attention on the manticore is momentarily taken by movement beyond. "That looks important," Pawetha thinks, and adjusts her aim to the flying bugbear. "Baervan take you!" she hisses as she fires.

Rolls

Attack Short Bow - (1d20+7)

(3) + 7 = 10

Damage - (1d6+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Oct 8, 2015 11:24 am
Noticing that the other members of my party are still fighting, I roll forward and onto my feet and move towards where all the commotion seems to be. I grab my shortbow, load it and fire as many shots as I can at the fleeing bugbear. Once the shots are fire, I quickly duck behind a nearby wall for cover.

ooc: bonus action- hide

Rolls

Attack 1 - (1d20+3, 1d6)

1d20+3 : (17) + 3 = 20

1d6 : (1) = 1

Attack 2 - (1d20+3, 1d6)

1d20+3 : (14) + 3 = 17

1d6 : (2) = 2

Oct 8, 2015 11:31 am
Pawetha's arrow flies high and misses the bugbear. Jorr sends one after the bugbear as well, the arrow grazing his leg on the way by.

Xara's arrows both strike him in the back, sinking into flesh through his cloth and magic protection. The bugbear suddenly plummets, slamming into the ground from fifty feet up and twitching for a moment before a pool of blood forms under his mangled body.

Miss from Paws, two hits but very low damage from Xara. Higher than reported - you add Dex to shortbow damage, so that's a net +6 damage! With the damage from Jorr, that's dead (just barely I'll add).

Kaiakas, Rurik, Zaris (outcold presumably?)
Oct 8, 2015 5:46 pm
I put pressure on my wounds and yell out to no one in particular "Must I kill everything around here?!" I lean further into the wall, breathing heavily and trying not to pass out for a second time.
Oct 8, 2015 6:02 pm
The manticore, barely injured from the brief scuffle, flies over the fort wall and is quickly gone from sight. The adrenaline of combat slowly fades.

A minotaur, several hobgoblins and a bugbear are dead, scattered within the main building and the courtyard.

Combat is over. The remaining characters to act couldn't kill the manticore before it fled, as it was still quite healthy. So, I've saved us some time and called it.
Oct 8, 2015 6:45 pm
I hobble over to the bugbear and grab the rolled parchment, taking a good look at it. "Kaiakas, Rurik, we should check the bodies for anything of use. Corban, you- Corban! You had better not be dead, you fool!" I hurry over to check on his condition.
Oct 8, 2015 7:00 pm
I spit blood onto the ground barely managing to stay on my feet "aye, I'll get right on that lass." I turn and join Zaris among the beds trying to catch my breath
Oct 8, 2015 7:16 pm
Corban dreams of riding around on a pegasus, flinging fireballs at hobgoblins below...

Rolls

Death Save - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Oct 8, 2015 7:21 pm
Xara unrolls the very large parchment and finds herself looking at a map of the region. It's covering in drawings and scrawlings in an alphabet she doesn't recognize. Before she can examine it closer though she realizes Corban is down and rushes to check on him. He's alive, but barely, and without help soon he might not make it.
Oct 8, 2015 7:50 pm
Hearing Xara's concern for Corban's condition, I kneel beside the warrior and pray to Tyr, "This servant of justice is needed to continue the fight." A golden light shines over him.

Rolls

Cure Wounds - (1d8+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Oct 8, 2015 8:36 pm
Corban awakens with a gasp as Tyr's power flows through him. He looks around, confused, "Oh, Hi Kai, did I black out again? Why are you touching me like that?"
Oct 8, 2015 8:59 pm
Smirking at the man's comment, I offer a hand to help him to his feet. "Nothing to worry about now, my friend. It seems the flying beast is all that has escaped us this day, and a day I would call it." I look around at our group. "It seems we are all in need of some rest. That will give us some time to get to know the newcomer." I walk over to the gnome with a smile on my face. "Well met. I am Kaiakas, servant of Tyr. Thank you for the assistance. What has brought you to this place?"
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.