Chapter 1 - The City

load previous
Sep 14, 2015 5:20 pm
Kel is exhausted and hurt pretty bad by the encounter with the dog. "I need...a ... breather guys." He looks over at a cubicle decorated with flowers and pictures of family. There is a sweater draped over the empty chair. "Need a bandage, this will do" he says as he takes the sweater and tries to take care of himself.

The wound looks bad but he does his best. (Take 5, convert damage to 2nd state trauma).

"
Sep 14, 2015 7:39 pm
Howard, after finishing binding Tim's wound, will help Kel over to the cubicle.

(OOC: Did the dog make any noise at all while it was fighting? Where was Kel bitten?)

If Kel was bitten on the arm or hand, Howard will use his swiss army knife to cut the tail of the sweater off to use as a tourniquet and use the rest of it to make a sling. If on the leg, he'll cut off a sleeve to use as a tourniquet. There's no way to make a sweater stick to a wound without tape. He's also going to try to recall if there's a first aid station on this floor, where there might be bandages, or if they're just going to have to use Scotch or packing tape...this using a sock thing or holding a wadded sweater in place over a wound is for the birds.

Edit: "Now we really need to get to the hospital!"
Last edited September 14, 2015 7:40 pm

Rolls

Roll to recall location of bandages or tape - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Sep 14, 2015 9:38 pm
"Let's get the hell out of here!"
Sep 14, 2015 10:06 pm
"Yes, lets"
Sep 15, 2015 12:29 am
(OOC: Andrew grabbed the first aid kit from the security office so that should still have gauze and tape, as well as triple antibiotic and/or disinfectant)
Yeah, we gotta be careful not to run into anymore of these animals. I know this sounds weird, but is anyone else thinking what I'm thinking? That dog looks like it was dead before you guys fought it... That's not just rabies."
Sep 15, 2015 12:38 am
"Yes, it was full of holes" replied Kel, limping over to the broken window
Sep 15, 2015 12:58 am
"I agree, that was not rabies. We need to get you to a hospital, Kel. The bandage will do for now, but who knows what that thing was carrying", John says as he helps boost Tim and others up and out the window.

On the other side of the window it's an empty parking lot. You can see your cars across the road in the parking lot. John's sedan is in this parking lot.
Sep 15, 2015 1:03 am
On the way over to the parking lot, Kel texts his wife "Not just rabies - much worse - do not let any animals or people in. Lock the pugs in the their kennels if they are barking too loud"
Sep 15, 2015 2:03 am
With a wrapped up hand Tim follows everyone else to the cars, "Should we ride together or something? No offense Kel but with that wound I don't know if you are in any shape to drive, I'm not doing much better myself."

[ GM: Tim also used the 5 minute rest to convert his stress into a level 1 trauma of "Cut on Hand". It hopefully should not hinder him too much. ]
Sep 15, 2015 2:26 am
"I can take Kel in my car. My hockey equipment is in the back, so there's not a lot of room back there, but we can squeeze another back there.... Unless someone has a larger car?"
Sep 15, 2015 2:32 am
"I have a sedan, I should be able to fit 4 besides me. Jacob, you want to take Kel, I'll get Tim, Anthony, and Howard. We can come back for the other cars later after all this is over", John says, his limited amount of security guard training seems to be kicking into overdrive as he coordinates a plan.

"We can hop out here onto Larpenter and start heading south. It should take us straight to the hospital, but who knows where those impacts were. We may just want to stop at the first Quicky-Med", he continues.
Sep 15, 2015 11:14 am
"I can drive myself, and I'll follow you there."
Andrew throws his bag in the passenger seat and gets in his own car.
Sep 15, 2015 1:22 pm
Kel follows Jacob...
Sep 15, 2015 1:45 pm
"Howard, are you driving with me or taking your own car?", John says, "Either way we should stick close as we go through town."
Sep 15, 2015 2:52 pm
"Uh...yeah, I'm riding with you. My car's in the shop..."

Howard follows the group going with John to his car, looking uneasily around to spot the people and animals they saw running around on the security monitors earlier. He's awkward with the laptop bag slung across his shoulders, gym bag in his left hand and paper cutter blade in his right.
Sep 15, 2015 5:18 pm
As you all get to your cars John takes the lead heading down Larpenter Avenue through town. As you go you pass a few shops of note. There is an army surplus store, a few clothes shops, there is also that gun shop two blocks down, just across the road from the Quicky-Med. Some of you may have thought it was quite humors to see this on your drive in to work some days.

You have to swerve around a dog that is just standing right in the road. Not looking at you it just goes slowly down the road and towards a back alley. On the drive here your car radios are all playing the emergency broadcast system. It is simply telling you to stay inside and lock your doors.

PhantomNimbus sent a note to Dextolen
As you pull up into the Quicky-Med you see it looks pretty packed inside. The parking lot is a mess of people, but not many cars. The traffic has been pretty much non-existent this far away from the downtown area. There are people all over though. Some look like they have small cuts, bruises, and possibly bites on them. They are all heading into the store. Others are running out of the store with small items, water, bread. A few seem to have lifted items not necessary for survival.

Inside the place looks half like a hospital waiting room and half like a store being looted in a riot. Employees up front have resigned to the loss and are trying to help injured people as best as they can. There are only two doctors moving from person to person checking wounds.
Sep 15, 2015 5:40 pm
Kel limps over to the queue, comparing his injuries to those of others. "Guys, let me know if you are leaving - don't leave without me!"
Sep 15, 2015 5:51 pm
Eventually, after what feels like maybe 20 minutes to a half-hour one of the wandering doctors comes over. It's a woman maybe in her early 30s who looks entirely exhausted with this entire situation. "Hmm, looks like a decent laceration here", she says dryly as she looks over the wound. It has mostly gone to a dull throb but a few of her motions set off small amounts of pain again.

"I'm sorry for this, but we don't have a lot of time for patients, as you can see, was this animal inflicted?", she says as she unscrews the top to a bottle of rubbing alcohol and dumps it onto the wound. The sheer pain of it is incredibly intense. As she is still waiting for a response from you, despite the incredible pain that is now shooting through your wound again, she pulls out a small pack and breaks it open. Inside is a small hooked piece of metal with what looks like heavy black thread on the back.
Sep 15, 2015 6:52 pm
"....er.....yes....a dog..." Kel grits his teeth in preparation for what might come next...
Sep 15, 2015 7:01 pm
She starts sewing the wound closed. The pain is again excruciating, but at least the alcohol dulled the nerves a bit for this, "Seen a few of those tonight. On the plus side, it isn't rabies, if that is what you are thinking, on the down side we have no clue what it is. Infection is going to be your biggest worry. The state of the animals that has been doing this doesn't seem to be clean. Just keep the wound clean and you should live. Definitely get to the hospital when you can to follow up on this."

She produces a small bottle of something and puts a line of clear liquid over the now stitched wound, "This is medical glue, it should seal this wound and it holds up pretty well. Just be careful for at least the next half-hour", then she hands you a small bottle from her pocket, "Antibiotics to keep down infection, unfortunately we have no pain meds left. Take these for you and your friend there", she nods over towards Tim.

"Anything else?", she looks at you slightly impatiently already seeing a few more people with cuts walking into the store.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.