Chapter 1 - The City

load previous
Sep 15, 2015 7:16 pm
Kel leans in "I'm no veterinarian, but the dog who did this was...dead. Well, it had sustained injuries that should have killed it. We'e seen stories on the news about people attacking others and being seemingly immune to police tasers and even guns. You are doing a good service here, just be careful. If someone is acting strange or violent, stay away from them and keep them away from the patients here. Tell your security guard."
Sep 15, 2015 8:17 pm
For the first time since she has started helping you she actually makes eye contact and seems to notice your existence as a person. "Okay, thanks. Between you and me we've heard some word from the hospital. All Quicky-Meds in the city are doing their best as small triage centers. They found out it wasn't rabies, but they have also reported attacks from people in their morgue. Strangest thing I've ever heard. I would get home and stay safe. I don't know what is really going on, but something is...happening."
Sep 15, 2015 8:22 pm
Getting kinda nervous waiting out in the parking lot, Andrew shoots Kelsey a text.
I know this sounds crazy, but this isn't rabies and it's looking more and more like zombies. and I'm NOT kidding. Be safe, keep me updated. I love you.
As he sets his phone down he starts giving paranoid looks to every person he can see in the parking lot.
Sep 15, 2015 8:26 pm
[ GM: Passing note to Starhelm ]
PhantomNimbus sent a note to Starhelm
Sep 15, 2015 9:24 pm
Kel would like to buy a bottle of water and a box of low carb diet nutrition bars if this place still has anything.
Sep 15, 2015 10:00 pm
Seeing how crowded and chaotic the place is, Howard stayed outside, pacing nervously near John and Andrew. "Pretty crazy, huh? I wonder if they're going to send in the National Guard." Can he see the glow of any fires, or just smell smoke in the air?
Sep 15, 2015 10:02 pm
*taps on steering wheel while waiting for Kel to get the hell back to the car*
Sep 16, 2015 3:43 am
Howard:
You can see fire and smoke still further south of you, closer to downtown. It looks like maybe 10 blocks south or so. There is definitely the smell of smoke starting to blanket the inner city and some of these slightly further out places.

Kel:
You are able to find a bottle of water and a box of bars, though there is really no longer a system of cashiers, since the start of this, and with the other rampant looting already starting to take place, the staff here have mostly given up on controlling that.

Jacob:
As you are waiting in the car for your friends to get back in you see what looks like a police officer coming north up Larpenter. He walks slowly and sort of shuffles. He looks like he is slumped off to one side as he walks. After another minute you see another cop limping after the first.
Sep 16, 2015 5:39 am
Andrew sends Kelsey one more text, I know this sounds rough but you need to get out of that hospital now, and sit tight somewhere safe and away from people, especially anyone who's been bitten. I'm gonna be on my way there very soon and we'll face this thing together.
"Guys, I think we need to check that gun store and the military surplus store for some better ways to defend ourselves... Hey are those cops? Why are they asking so weird... Oh no."
Last edited September 16, 2015 5:39 am
Sep 16, 2015 2:01 pm
Kel picks up the bars and water and casually walks out. He finds the car and gets in. He opens the box of bars and stuffs them into his pockets.
Sep 16, 2015 2:47 pm
Is the gun shop open? Is it being looted, too?

Having talked to John in the car ride over, Howard heard about the dog but remains skeptical, though the general atmosphere of panic has him nervous. Howard motions John over (if he's outside with us, rather than inside with Tim) and goes over to Andrew in his car. "Would you turn your headlights on those cops? I want to get a better look at them, see how they react..."

(edit: post as Howard)
Last edited September 16, 2015 2:48 pm
Sep 16, 2015 7:46 pm
Andrew flicks on his high beams and also tries to get a better look.
Sep 16, 2015 8:02 pm
Eyeing the gun shop across the street you see it is closed and locked up. The metal shutters inside the entrance section and front windows are all shut and locked up. One of the front windows is broken in, but whoever was trying to get in gave up when they saw the metal shutters. The surplus store is closed as well and doesn't have the shutters. Both front windows have been busted out of that store.

As the lights of the car are flicked on it shines on the police walking up the street towards the Quicky-Med you see that their uniforms are covered in blood. They're just soaked in blood. The leg on the trailing cop is twisted in an entirely unnatural way. As the lead one looks up his mouth is covered in blood and parts of skin are ripped away. He opens his mouth and only a light raspy sound escapes.

If anything ever screamed "zombies" more in your life, it would be this. He is maybe 40 feet off still, the other one trailing it by maybe another 10 feet. Tim is just coming out of the Quicky-Med with a newly bandaged hand. He manages to stifle a scream and runs to the rest of you at the car. "Guys, we need to go or fight, or do something. Those are fuckin' zombies. I'm looking at real god damn zombies!"

[ GM: Howard, Andrew, and Tim all need to make willpower checks of 1 positive dice and 1 negative dice for this to see if you can not temporarily lose your mind. ]

Rolls

Tim's Positive - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Tim's Negative - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Sep 16, 2015 8:34 pm
"Maybe we can ram one of the cars into the gun shop!" Kel blurts out, seeing the cops for what they are. He then looks down at his bandaged wounds. "Am I going to turn into one?" he thinks to himself.
Last edited September 16, 2015 8:35 pm
Sep 16, 2015 9:26 pm
Jacob watches as the shuffling police come forward when Tim starts to yell about Zombies. Although he was never a big fan of the genre, he knowns enough about the lore that he looks to his right and gives Kel a nervous smile.

"Feeling OK there, Buddy?"
Sep 16, 2015 10:34 pm
"Tim GET IN!" Andrew yells, "We're getting out of here!"

(OOC: if I fail my willpower I'm going to drive through the zombies if I make it I'm gonna navigate around them)

Rolls

Positive Willpower - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Negative Willpower - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Sep 17, 2015 12:57 am
Howard flips out, realizing that what the others were telling them is true. He wanted to believe it was a practical joke in bad taste, but that...that's too real, and just not natural. He begins to gibber..."J-J-J-John...John! Where's John?? Where's my ride?? This is happening! Really happening!"

If he's still alive in a minute and Andrew hasn't driven away yet, he'll realize that maybe Andrew has room for Howard in his car.
Last edited September 17, 2015 1:00 am

Rolls

Willpower: positive - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Willpower: negative - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Sep 17, 2015 2:05 am
Tim hops in Andrew's car with him, and Howard, despite the fact that all of them seem to be freaking out. As though a bought of temporary insanity hits the group Andrew pounds the petal to the metal and barrels his car into one of the cops and starts speeding down Larpenter heading south.

[ GM: Tim, Howard, and Andrew all take 1 point of mental stress. Andrew, since you are driving, roll a dexterity test. I will give you 5 positive dice (Default, Know how to drive standard, plus three for car). There is only one negative dice because this car is packed with people that are flipping the eff out. ]

Rolls

Negative Dice - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Positive Dice - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Sep 17, 2015 2:16 am
John, seeing this happen runs over to Jacob and Kel, "Guys, we do need to do something, but if this is really happening, we need weapons. Not those sticks you have. We should hit the surplus store. Or try and get into the gun store. Are you guys with me?"

He waits for a response, looking like he is going to go to the gun store anyway.
Sep 17, 2015 2:26 am
Not wanting to get left behind as the others drive off Jacob goes to start his car when he sees John approaching. "Oh hell, almost forgot about John!"

Agreeing that things are a lot more serious than they all first suspected Jacob agrees to try and break into the gun store. Exiting the car he tells John, "I've never even fired a gun before, so you'll have to give me a quick and dirty lesson so I don't shoot myself in the foot."
Last edited September 17, 2015 2:26 am
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.