Chapter 1 - The City

load previous
Sep 17, 2015 2:44 am
"There will be time for that, but first we need to get some", he says, as he runs quickly across the road into a side alley along the gun shop. The cop zombies are now doing their best to shuffle after the car with Andrew, Tim, and Howard in it so your movements go unnoticed. He finds a side door and after trying it it is obviously locked. "Hang on", he says as he runs back to the road and disappears around the corner towards the surplus store. He arrives back after about 5 minutes with a camo colored backpack and a black crowbar in his hands.

"Our lucky day boys, give me a hand prying this door open. Just be ready, there is probably an alarm", he says as he jams the crowbar into the door gap.

DEX 4

Rolls

Positive Dice (default, kel assist, jacob assist, crowbar) - (1d6, 1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (3) = 3

1d6 : (4) = 4

1d6 : (2) = 2

1d6 : (5) = 5

Negative Dice (potential damage) - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Sep 17, 2015 2:46 am
The door pops open and a sudden sound starts piercing the night. A flashing light inside the store starts blinking as the alarm blares. John disappears inside the store with his bag in hand and starts to grab a few hand guns and what ammo he can fit in the bag.
Sep 17, 2015 3:05 am
Andrew grits his teeth as they barrel past the zombie cops.

DEX 3
Last edited September 17, 2015 3:08 am

Rolls

Positive - (1d6)

(6) = 6

Positive - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Posiive - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Positive - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Positive - (1d6)

(3) = 3

Negative - (1d6)

(5) = 5

Sep 17, 2015 3:16 am
Kel joins John in the looting. He has fired rifles, shotguns and pistols in his past, so he's pretty knowledgeable about calibers and such and can grab the right ammo for the right weapon. What he's most worried about right now is a gun shop owner defending his store.
Sep 17, 2015 4:19 am
Andrew:
As fly past the zombies you manage to barrel right through both of them. You do 6 physical stress damage to both (out of 9). They are both heavily crippled and are now just crawling after the car as it speeds southbound down Larpenter.

Kel:
You find both a decent quality rifle, and a shotgun. There is also two 25 round boxes of shotgun shells. As well as a box of 12 rounds for the rifle. You also find a small caliber revolver and 20 bullets to go along with that.

John has collected 3 small caliber handguns and another 30 bullets to go with that. He starts to signal over the blaring sound and lights that it is time to go. He clicks a clip into one of the small caliber pistols and hands it to Jacob, he makes sure the safety is engaged before doing so.

[ GM: If you want to hand this stuff to John I can mark it on his character sheet, otherwise note all of that on yours and you can hand it off to someone else later. I'm going to say for simplicity sake the handguns hold a clip of 12 bullets. The revolver is a 6 shooter. The shotgun can do 8 rounds, and the rifle does 5. ]
Sep 17, 2015 5:34 am
After his heavy breathing gets a little more relaxed, Andrew slows the car a bit.
"What the.. What the... Okay guys. I think we did some serious damage to the zombies, but we gotta go back and check on the rest of the guys. I'm sorry I freaked out there a bit..."
He does a u-turn and slowly and cautiously starts driving back towards the rest of the party, keeping an eye out for more zombies.
Sep 17, 2015 10:36 am
Kel grabs it all and nods to John.. "Let's go!"
Sep 17, 2015 9:12 pm
Jacob stands outside of the door while the other do their looting. He trusts that John will grab him something that a newbie can use.
Sep 17, 2015 9:36 pm
Kel tucks the pistol into his game bag along with the other ammunition. He slings the rifle and carries the shotgun. He's ready to give up the rifle to one of the other guys when they get back together.
Sep 17, 2015 11:22 pm
As John, Kel, and Jacob leave the store Andrew, Tim, and Howard are coming back up the road. You all see each other, so at least the feeling of being separated is gone. The now heavily crippled zombies are still crawling towards the car but with only hands they can't move very quickly.

Just then a scream rings out coming from the Quicky-Med and you see people start quickly pouring out.
Sep 17, 2015 11:38 pm
"Do we go help or get the hell out?" Kel looks at John and Jacob.
Sep 18, 2015 12:05 am
Not to eager to put himself in harms way Jacob says, "Let's wait for the crowd to clear and then we can check it out. No use getting trampled."

"John, of the weapons you have, which is the easiest to use?"
Sep 18, 2015 12:40 am
"With that many people freaking out...I guarantee that all those injured people in there have turned... I think we should get out of here. We don't want to deal with more zombies and the people getting attacked in that crowd turning as well. You guys got guns, right?"
Sep 18, 2015 12:48 am
John hands Jacob a small caliber pistol, "Don't put your finger on the trigger unless you plan to shoot it. Line up the sights. Wide stance. Brace for the kick." After tossing his bag full of handguns to Andrew he looks back to Jacob, "And don't shoot yourself."

He pulls out his keys and hits the trunk release on his car. "Kel, maybe toss the bigger ones in here, we look conspicuous enough as it is", John says as he pulls his original pistol from its holster.
Sep 18, 2015 1:09 am
"Maybe you're right." Kel puts the rifle and the shotgun in the trunk. Taking the pistol out and keeping it tucked in his pocket.
Sep 18, 2015 1:33 am
John slams down the trunk lid and looks to the Quicky-Med. as the crowd itself trickles out two shambling forms come out. One appeared to have been an incredibly elderly man. He had a fairly deep wound in his arm. The other is a woman of about 28 who seems to have gotten a huge chunk taken out of her throat. She manages to grab on of the running people, a man, and sinks her teeth deep into the mans throat. His scream turns to a gargling sputter as he slumps unconscious, and then probably dead.

"Fight or run guys, we have to decide now", John says as he levels his pistol at the old man shambling out.

[ GM: If you choose to fight we enter structured time. ]
Sep 18, 2015 2:14 am
Still not eager to fight but not sure where to run Jacob stands to the right of John and tries to mimic his technique as he raises his pistol at the woman.

"What the hell am I doing!?"
Sep 18, 2015 2:23 am
John takes that as a signal and fires at the shambling old man.

DEX 4

But his shot flies wide.

[ GM: I'm taking that as a signal to start structured time. Your team clearly has the initiative in this one so go ahead with turns starting now. For those that choose to fire weapons, unless you have had previous gun experience your first shot will have an extra negative dice. That should give most people two negative dice, one for the situation, and one for lack of gun training. ]

Rolls

Postive Dice (default, pistol, small arms trained) - (1d6, 1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (6) = 6

1d6 : (1) = 1

1d6 : (6) = 6

Negative Dice (situation) - (1d6)

(1) = 1

Sep 18, 2015 2:27 am
Tim grabs the bag of guns John gave to Andrew and pulls a pistol out of it. He climbs out of the car and tries to fire, one armed, towards the zombies but the gun just clicks. He spends the rest of the turn trying to fumble with it to figure out why it won't work.
Sep 18, 2015 2:29 am
Following John's lead Jacob attempts to line up his shot and pulls the trigger.

DEX: 3

(Takes one stress. Should've given myself another + dice for all my Xbox experience. :-))
Last edited September 18, 2015 2:31 am

Rolls

Positive Dice [Default, Gun] - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (2) = 2

Negative Dice[Situation, First Time] - (1d6, 1d6)

1d6 : (1) = 1

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.