Welcome To Gamma World

load previous
Nov 23, 2015 6:53 pm
"What we here for, anyways? Some generations, right?" Toth gathers up a couple wayward spears, while trying to keep an eye on the warehouse.
Nov 23, 2015 7:19 pm
"That is correct, assuming of path that this whole mission was not just a diversion to get us out of town." Psibocorn calls loudly, turning his body back around to face Sterlin (it can't call over its shoulder, since the mouth is in the "waist"). Then the alien turns back and resumes his inspection of the warehouse.
Nov 24, 2015 12:51 am
[b]"We should make this quick I think. I'm worried we are missing something back at the settlement. Find the generators. I'll have Fred clean out the HumVee as best he can. That'd be a sweet ride to add to our collection."[b]

Opera does just that, Dead Fred hauls the corpse out of the HumVee and then they go into the warehouse to find the generators.

[color="green"]::In case a search of some kind is needed I will include a roll. If the check is Perception it is +5. Investigation is +0.

Rolls

Searching for generators - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Nov 24, 2015 3:41 am
As you enter the warehouse the stack of generators is indeed there and in working order. It takes maybe an hour to get them loaded into the humvee, and inside the warehouse you also see a large computer console that is inactive and now seems to be getting no power, this is where Psibocorn had seen Trent talking to Peg and General Mothra.
Nov 24, 2015 5:21 pm
"Hmm, perhaps we should have checked the console before removing the generators. Let me see if I can get anything out of this thing."

Garrthon checks out the console to see if there is any way he can connect into it to obtain any information from it.
Last edited November 24, 2015 5:21 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Nov 25, 2015 1:47 am
Even with some generator power the display and operation of the console is alien to you. You can't seem to pull up anything particularly useful.
Nov 25, 2015 9:14 am
"The way I see it, chaps, is that we have a selection to make: do we take these generators back to Haven, or do we skeebabble because we know that Trent was working with these pigs?"
Nov 26, 2015 3:07 am
"I wish we had evidence of Trent's involvement. At least more evidence than the word of one person. No offense Psi, I believe you, but the rest of Haven trusts Trent."
Nov 26, 2015 4:59 pm
"Then we try to snatch him crimsonhanded, back at Haven? Likely he will try something, when we return: 'Surprise! You didn't murder us!' He will worry that we know and will desire to urinate us before we can ruin his blueprints."

The alien does another strange waggle of his eating appendages, looking like a rippling nod and shrug. "Haven is distill the safest place in the Wasteland. Perhaps there is something naughty on these people that will assist us as 150 proof." Psibocorn searches Mothra and the porkers to see if they have anything incriminating.
Dec 4, 2015 3:54 pm
Toth spits in the dust. "Lets just take these back and see whats what. We'll be ready and if anybody tries to pee on me, well, wouldn't be the first."
Last edited December 4, 2015 3:54 pm
Dec 28, 2015 5:54 pm
With the generators loaded up in your trucks you are ready to head back if you choose.

Psicoborn searches the bodies but the only useful thing that they have was the humvee and some really crappy makeshift pistols. Inside the warehouse you do find what looks like a heavy duty weapons case. You open it up and find...

...a flamethrower. A heavy military weapon that does 4d8 fire damage in a 15-foot-cone.

Rolls

Ancient Gear Roll - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Dec 29, 2015 12:55 am
"That is an intimidating weapon. A little to cumbersome for me, but it should come in handy if Trent proves to be the bad guy we believe him to be."

Opera preens her feathers down a bit and looks around. "Well...I'm ready to head back and see what is going on."
Dec 29, 2015 3:48 pm
Psibocorn carries the flamethrower back to the truck, loads it, and returns to check on Garrthon. "Did somebeing say alien? Step aside, there's a good fellow, and see whether I can make dimes of it." Psibocorn also attempts to investigate the console for incriminating evidence. Calling back to Opera, Psibocorn says: "What do you make of this?"
Last edited December 29, 2015 3:49 pm

Rolls

Investigation of computer console - (1d20+6)

(5) + 6 = 11

Dec 29, 2015 5:30 pm
Psibocorn looks over the console but can't figure out exactly its operation. Unfortunately the interface seems entirely unfamiliar to him as well.
Dec 29, 2015 8:46 pm
Toth wanders over to see what the hubba-bubba is, and also attempts to discern the function of the computer console, if only to get everyone moving.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Dec 29, 2015 8:59 pm
Toth is just as perplexed at the console and large vidscreen. He can't seem do discern much from it either. Even the keys don't seem to be in a language or dialect any of you have seen.
Dec 29, 2015 10:19 pm
"It's a computer, I;m not sure what to make of it." Opera shrugs as she approaches and also tries to get it working.
Last edited December 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Dec 31, 2015 4:48 am
In general you can't seem to figure this out. If Garrthon were to give it a shot with the assistance of everyone else he could roll with advantage. (Roll 2 d20s and then take the higher).
Dec 31, 2015 5:37 am
"Alright, lets see what we can all accomplish together."
Garrthon works with the others to see if between them they can get the console to work.

Rolls

Assisted Investigation - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (13) + 5 = 18

1d20+5 : (4) + 5 = 9

Dec 31, 2015 7:54 am
Psibocorn has definite respect for the robotic Gartthon - autonomous machines back home were excellent technicians and programmers - so he does what he can to assist him: comparing notes/surmises as to what different symbols might mean, order of operations, interface conventions, etc.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.