Welcome To Gamma World

Sep 10, 2015 4:31 am
http://digital-art-gallery.com/oid/49/640x415_9535_Base_2d_post_apocalyptic_base_picture_image_digital_art.jpg

Welcome to the world after the cataclysm. Few remember the cause, even fewer seem to care. Those that claim to remember always spout stories about shadow governments, or angry gods. None of that matters anymore. All that matters is to survive this hellscape of a planet that was left after all of the past, present, and future realities came crashing down into one world. The majority of the planet is now a desert wasteland, the rest of it is so deep in war the only people who can seem to enjoy the lush landscapes are the ones who's bones it grows over.

You all have your reasons for being here. You all brought something to the table to help you survive this long. Brute robotic strength, or possibly being made out of a massive pile of highly intelligent rats. Your mission became clear after you started to hear the stories. It was always the old crazies, or the near insane that spoke of Haven. A bastion of peace and prosperity in this otherwise bleak landscape. Story after story lead you to dead-ends, but the legend never seemed to dwindle. It only grew with intensity.

You've finally found it. Days spent out in the desert driving mindnumbingly boring stretches of unchanging sand had you thinking maybe you imagined it. Maybe the heat has finally been getting to you. Your supplies, and gas, are running a low. You are sure it has to be real though, this vision hasn't faded since you saw it. At night lights glow from it, during the day small stacks of smoke rise from it. There has to be others. There has to be a place free from all this. It's only about half-a-day's journey now. You could get there by midday. This close you can see today they have a particularly large set of smoke stacks floating up from the city. You hope it's a celebration. This hope has never been proven right.

[ GM: So where is everyone? I think we have two pick-up trucks. Who is driving and who is riding shotgun, or in the bed, of these trucks? Feel free to give us all a little flavor text of your character and how they perceive this situation. ]
Sep 10, 2015 6:53 am
Ssilas sticks his head out the window and feels the breeze against the scales of his face. The truck swerves a few times as he closes his eyes against the stinging sand and dust, but before it careens out of control he pulls his head back in and let's out a satisfied hissing sigh.
"It'll ssure be nice to sspend a day doing ssomething other than driving over these damned wasstess," he thinks to himself. "Maybe I would've been better off sstaying home at the cabin."
Ssilas shakes his head rigorously, rattling his scales and freeing a small cloud of dust. No use for such doubts now, not with Haven finally on the horizon.
Last edited September 11, 2015 11:04 pm
Sep 10, 2015 3:11 pm
Sterlin Toth slides across the back of the truck and bangs into the side of the box. Again. He doesn't wrap his knuckles on the truck cab this time, what good does it do? An angry hiss forces its way between his teeth. Bah, Ssilas drives like a madman but there isn't a path even to follow most times, leastways when I gandered my eyes forwards. Toth keeps his eyes on the way behind. The dust kicked up is worrisome, but occasionally he can pick out the other truck, at least when that truck isn't going neck and neck with Ssilas trying to get them all killed no doubt. He pulls his rugby helmet down low on his forehead and keeps his speargun somewhat ready.

Toth would spit in disgust, if his tongue wasn't so dry. Dry. Heh, never thought I'd complain about being dry. My smeggin gills are probably seized up for goods. Wouldn't mind me a swim in the ... bah, they'd have me divin for sewer nuggets soon as they see me. Smeggin breathers.

Something changing in the vehicles motion warns him, and he pears over the cab. Haven?
Sep 10, 2015 4:09 pm
Quath was a surpisingly good driver for being comprised of two rats holding the steering wheel, three working the manual pedals, at least four watching the road in different directions, and one perched in the center console that would occasionally scan through radio signals trying to catch whatever there was to offer.

One rat just stares at his companion.
Sep 10, 2015 6:09 pm
Garrthon stares back at the rat meanwhile double checking that none of his wires are hanging loose within reach of it. While somewhat expressionless it is still evident that he is a little unsure of Quath, albeit more out of a sense of intrigue than anything else.

"I am certainly glad I chose to ride up front with you Quath. Seeing Toth being tossed about like that in the back of Ssilas' truck I am sure I would have had quite a few more dents and scratches. I have enough of those already from fighting in the wars."
Sep 10, 2015 6:54 pm
Out of the corner of his eye, Ssilas thinks he sees a faint shadow of something far to the left of the caravan. He rubs his eyes, and does a double take, but now there is nothing but wasteland.
"Sssterlin, did you sssee that?"
Ssilas turns his head back to look in the bed of the truck, and it starts swerving off to the right as he does so.
Sep 10, 2015 7:19 pm
BUMP, BUMP, BUMP, "Smeg! Huz?" Toth pushes his helmet off his eyes. "I sees nothing." He then follows Ssilas' gaze, and peers to the left of the trucks, wondering.
Sep 10, 2015 7:26 pm
PhantomNimbus sent a note to blade1981m,themightykobold
After dismissing what you thought you had seen as another trick of the eye in this horrible desert you start to hear a sound you had hoped not to hear. All of you can hear it now. It's that ominous hum of drones. As your pick-up trucks barrel through the desert you see them in the distance behind you. Sterlin spots them first. Two mecha-nazi shock drones. Gaining quick. They must have skirted around and flanked your position.

Those damn Nazi drones. The Fourth Reich. If anything has caused more grief in the piecemeal world it was when Hitler and the Third Reich found themselves here. The only thing that was worse, then momentarily better, then far worse was the arrival of the dreadnaught Mecha-Hitler. He flashed into being just above Hitler, crushing him flat, but he turned out to be a far more ruthless enemy.

You thought you had finally escaped the reach of the Fourth Reich.
Sep 10, 2015 7:46 pm
Ssilas puts the truck in cruise control and props a metal rod he keeps handy into the steering wheel to (hopefully) hold it straight as he grabs his compound bow and a single arrow from where they sit on the passenger side seat. He leans out the window and takes aim at the lead drone, waiting for it to close the distance.
"I ssurely do hope you're a good sshot with that sspear, Ssterlin!"
Sep 10, 2015 8:17 pm
High shrill speech resonates inside whatever positronic mess Garrthon has in his head. "Weapons. Get. You Fight. We Drive."
Sep 10, 2015 8:28 pm
Sterlin, eyes wide in surprise, then narrow in concentration, prepares his speargun. "You maniac, hold it steady so Is can shoot." What haven of madness is this, nazi drones so close.
Sep 10, 2015 10:25 pm
Ssilas looses the arrow and let's out a hearty combination of hissing and raspy growling that almost passes for laughter.
He puts the bow back in easy reach on the passenger seat and returns focus to driving as steady as a wild and crazy Saurian can.

(Edit: I didn't properly format my roll, there should be a +3, 1 from DEX and 2 from proficiency)
Last edited September 10, 2015 10:27 pm

Rolls

Ranged Bow Attack - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Sep 10, 2015 11:54 pm
Garrthon's hand shifts form into that of a small pistol. "I'm going to be much more effective with my hammer if you can get me up close." Garrthon then proceeds to lean out of the window taking aim with the pistol and fires as soon as a drone is within range.

Rolls

Ranged Pistol Shot + extra roll in case of advantage/disadvantage - (1d20+2, 1d20+2)

1d20+2 : (12) + 2 = 14

1d20+2 : (11) + 2 = 13

Sep 11, 2015 12:32 am
Quath turns the truck to start on a flanking course with the mechs. It tries to steer as close to the mech for Garrthon to strike but far enough to strafe the mechs. It makes sure to use its blinkers to signal intention.
Last edited September 11, 2015 12:32 am
Sep 11, 2015 1:11 am
As the drones swoop in closer you can hear their positronic arian hyperdrives thumping in a steady rhythm as they each break off to follow a separate truck. The static that had been coming through the radio in Quarth's truck suddenly is overtaken by that damn nazi war song that seems to broadcast on every channel when those things get near.

As you hear the high pitched charge of the electro cannon charge up Ssilas looses the arrow and it connects with the drone.

Likewise the other drone following Quath's truck gets struck mid-swoop by the bullet from Garrthon.

[ GM: Roll damage for Ssilas' and Garrthon's damage, then everyone roll for initiative. Looks like we got ourselves a high speed chase. ]

Rolls

Drone Initiative - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Sep 11, 2015 1:44 am
Sterlin, seeing arrows and bullets whizzing, takes aim and prepares to fire.
Last edited September 11, 2015 1:45 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Sep 11, 2015 3:12 am
Ssilas lets out an excited whoop as he sees the arrow connect, and accelerates steadily, trying to provide a stable shot for Sterlin.
Last edited September 11, 2015 3:14 am

Rolls

Arrow damage - (1d12+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(14) + 1 = 15

Sep 11, 2015 3:24 am
As the first arrow hits a drone it spins wildly and spirals towards the ground. As is custom with the mecha-nazi drones, in it's death spiral the on board speaker calls out "Heil Mecha-Hitler!" just before it hits the ground and is consumed in a ball of fire. Looking past the downed drone another pair of them is in the distance. Haven draws closer as do the drones.

[ GM: Two more drones are coming up and are in the same initiative group as the other drones. ]
Sep 11, 2015 4:53 am
The rats that make up Quath begin to loosen up. The largest of the rats, the size of bulldog, the one wearing the armor, that has been lying in the driver's seat sleeping up until now, stretches out its limbs then jumps back in the swarm. It is a few moments before it rises into view at the top of the everchurning scrum of rats. In its hand are the halberd and pistol and it weilds them fiercely, pushing the multidirectional navigation system down, assuming control of horde.

"We will come around them on your side. Be ready, machine."

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20-1)

(8) - 1 = 7

Sep 11, 2015 2:14 pm
Garrthon prepares his hammer to strike the drone as they pass.

Rolls

Garrthon Initiative - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Bullet Damage - (2d6)

(26) = 8

Sep 11, 2015 2:20 pm
Initiative Order:
Sterlin > Ssilas > Drones > Garrthon > Quath

As Garrthon's bullet connects with the other drone that initially caught up to you it strikes through a side portion of the wing and you see a small ball of fire shoot out from the drone and it coughs out a small puff of black smoke as the positronic arian hyperdrive struggles to maintain speed. It manages to keep hovering and keep pursuit, but it looks pretty banged up. The other two drones that have been chasing as well have caught up to the group as the battle begins.

Sterlin moves first.
Sep 11, 2015 2:20 pm
Toth, targetting a drone, lets his breath out and in that moment of calm stillness, caresses the trigger of his speargun.

Rolls

Attack roll - (1d20+6)

(15) + 6 = 21

Damage roll - (1d12+4)

(1) + 4 = 5

Sep 11, 2015 2:28 pm
Sterlin's spear flies through the air and impales itself into the drone. "Heil mecha-hitler!", rings out as the drone starts to spin out of control and more fire pours out of the bullet hole it already had. It lands into the ground and rolls and shatters apart just behind Quarth's truck. The two drones that have joined the fight have split apart to follow each truck just like the first.

Ssilas moves next.
Sep 11, 2015 9:04 pm
Ssilas hits cruise control on the truck again and leans out the window to aim another arrow. His face is an expression of pure crazy joy, as the monotony of the last few days of driving had really worn him down and this action has got his adrenaline pumping. He takes a moment to still himself, and looses the arrow.

Rolls

Attack - (1d20+3)

(13) + 3 = 16

Attack (if disadvantage) - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Damage - (1d12+1)

(5) + 1 = 6

Sep 11, 2015 9:08 pm
Ssilas' arrow again finds it's mark with the new drone that's started tracking them. This one doesn't go down instantly but the blow sends some sparks flying and the positronic arian hyperdrive engine sputters. The droid almost skims the ground, but the drive starts thudding away again catching it just before certain disaster.

The drones take aim and you hear the electric whine as they charge up their electro cannons.
Sep 11, 2015 9:11 pm
The drone following Ssilas' truck sees Sterlin and lets out a shock ray.

The ray hits Sterlin directly.

[ GM: Can you see the results of those rolls? I was just trying to hide the dice and rolls so you don't really know the attack bonuses or damage dice used for attacks. The results are 17 and 9 if you can't see them. I'll figure out that dice thing yet. So it looks like it hits. ]

Rolls

Attack vs. AC

Damage (Lightning damage)

Sep 11, 2015 9:16 pm
The other drone behind Quarth's truck sees Garrthon preparing to swing at it. It lets out it's own bolt of electricity at Garrthon.

The bolt connects with it's target. Garrthon moves next.

[ GM: I think this dice hiding thing is having issues, it looks like it is hiding results on my side too even if I don't choose to do that. This was 21 and 6 damage. ]

Rolls

Attack vs AC

Damage (Lightning damage)

Sep 12, 2015 6:08 pm
"You're going down for that drone!" Garrthon swings at the drone.
Last edited September 12, 2015 6:09 pm

Rolls

Hammer swing - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Hammer damage - (2d6+3)

(12) + 3 = 6

Sep 12, 2015 9:07 pm
Garrthon's blow sends the drone spinning for a moment. It catches itself only moments before it careened into a rather large rock jutting out of the ground. The positronic Arian hyperdrive thuds into overdrive as it pulls up before it would have become a pile of scrap.

Quath is next to react.
Sep 14, 2015 1:13 pm
Sterlin flops around the back of the truck as electricity short circuits his body for what feels like hours but was probably less than a second. Recovering and smoking from various places, he places one foot on the tailgate of the pickup, raises his speargun, and fires at the drone. "Get smegged!"
OOC: I know that it is Quarths turn next, so apply this when my turn comes up afterwards.

Rolls

Speargun - (1d20+6)

(20) + 6 = 26

Damage - (1d12+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Sep 15, 2015 2:39 pm
Quath grabs the wheel while pumping the accelerator trying to stay with the drone while not making it easy for them to attack the truck.

Quath, out of sync, smashes into the brakes instead of the gas, bringing their truck to a momentary standstill.
Last edited September 15, 2015 2:40 pm

Rolls

Dex (or Int?) Check - (1d20-1)

(2) - 1 = 1

Sep 15, 2015 5:23 pm
As the rat mass that is Quath brings the truck to a standstill the droid follows suit and the high pitched whine of another bolt charging is starting to sound.

Sterlin fires his speargun with deadly accuracy at the droid following their truck. The droid instantly drops like a stone and smashes on the ground, it was disabled so quickly it didn't even have time to sound it's signature death call.

Ssilas is next. There is now a gap between Ssilas' truck and Quath's truck.
Sep 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Ssilas banks the truck sharply around to the left and comes at the drone head on, accelerating as fast as the ol' pickup can go.

Rolls

(if some sort of driving check is needed, using Dex?) - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Sep 15, 2015 7:24 pm
[ GM: Dex would be the stat for maneuvering the truck, like Quarth did. ]

As your truck comes barreling at the drone it swoops to the side and dodges the attack. An arm with a pincer on the end comes out from the side of the drone as the truck flies past and swipes at Ssilas in the truck, cutting him a bit in passing.

Garrthon takes initiative.

Rolls

Attack vs. Ssilas AC - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Damage - (1d4+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Sep 15, 2015 8:13 pm
"Graahhh! Damn Nazissss!"
Sep 16, 2015 4:08 am
"This is what I get for letting the rats drive!" Garrthon thinks to himself. He ponders for a moment if the rats are able to hear his thoughts, but quickly returns his focus to the matter at hand. Switching back to his pistol Garrthon takes a shot at the remaining drone.

Rolls

Ranged Pistol Shot - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Bullet Damage - (2d6)

(25) = 7

Sep 16, 2015 4:58 am
The shot goes wide. The drone circles just off the ground, pincer arm looking for a target.

Quath is next to move.

[ GM: Quath's truck is currently stopped because of the last roll. You can get out and attack, range attack, or keep driving and try to run the thing over. ]
Sep 16, 2015 6:57 am
Pieces of sentient rat swarm climb through the window and towards the drone as three hang back arguing in fast squeaks about how best to operate a stick shift. In a heave, the swarm picks up the armored bulldog of a rat and swings it toward the drone, halberd in hand.

Rolls

Halberd Attack - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Halberd Damage - (1d10+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Sep 16, 2015 11:45 am
The rat with the halberd in hand cleaves cleanly through the drone. It sputters some thick black oil onto the ground before its struggling audio chip manages to play, "Heil mecha-hi...", it then trails off and powers down.

The drones have been defeated, but ahead you fear the worst for Haven. As the drones control of the radio powers down you hear a voice come clearly through Quath's radio.

"SOS. Being attacked by the fourth reich. If anyone is hearing this please send help. Haven burns but we continue to fight."
Sep 16, 2015 1:01 pm
"Well it lookss like we've sstill got more Nazisss to kill, my compatriotsss."
Ssilas's tongue flickers from his smiling face as he puts the truck back in gear and starts barreling towards Haven once more.
Sep 16, 2015 1:13 pm
Toth takes a deep breath and winces against the pain. He pats out any residual fires on his beloved fuscia-coloured FunCorp t-shirt, and reloads his speargun. Adjusting his rugby helmet, he turns back to face Haven, gripping the cab fiercely. "Dem scavs be found it! Smeg it all! Not without a fight, I say."

Rolls

Second Wind - (1d12+1)

(2) + 1 = 3

Sep 16, 2015 7:43 pm
"So much for leaving the wars behind." "Come along Quath, there are more to deal with in Haven." Garrthon goes about minor self repairs.

Rolls

Second Wind - (1d12+1)

(7) + 1 = 8

Sep 16, 2015 7:49 pm
The rat pile clings to the side of the car and, once the topmost make it through the window, pull the remaining rats up and into the car. "Let us be on our way then." Quath puts the car in gear and the three rats who argued before now work the pedals in perfect timing. Once Garrthon is back in, the truck kicks up dust as it speeds off to Haven. The dust settles over the sparking halves of the drones.
Sep 16, 2015 7:51 pm
(ooc: I'll also use second wind, I forgot we all have it.)

Rolls

Second Wind - (1d12+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Sep 16, 2015 8:18 pm
As you get to Haven you see a fairly widespread compound. It takes up the space of what would once have been considered about 5 square city blocks. The walls are over 40 foot high and there is a large opening where a gate should be closed waiting to be opened. It is already open. This can't be good.

As you drive into the compound you can see those smoking stacks you had seen before, they are some of the squat buildings here, engulfed in fire. There are people running everywhere. You suddenly see two quite large badgers. They have to be at least 5 feet tall. One grips a wooden club as it chases people down. Another is firing some form of makeshift handgun into the crowd. Both wear long brown coats with the signature Mecha-Nazi red armband.

The one with the club turns to you, "Haven is closed. Git if yer know whats good fer ya."

[ GM: If you don't want to discuss things, now is a time to roll for initiative again. ]
Sep 17, 2015 12:19 am
"Very well..."
Ssilas puts the truck in reverse and backs up a bit as if going to turn around and leave, then throws it in gear and tries to ram the Nazi Badger.
"I don't take disssrespect from Nazi scum!"

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(5) + 3 = 8

Dexterity Drive check if necessary - (1d20+3)

(8) + 3 = 11

Sep 17, 2015 12:29 am
I guess that's taking the initiative, Toth mumbles to himself. He gets a bead on the other badger and readies himself for the impact. "Good eatin on a badger that size, hee hee!"

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(16) + 4 = 20

Sep 17, 2015 3:51 am
Quath aims at the second badger with his truck. "This rodent problem is getting out of hand." The tinny vibrations in everyone's head does not hint at tone. It is impossible to tell if Quath is joking.
Last edited September 17, 2015 3:52 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20-1)

(6) - 1 = 5

Dex Check (Truck) - (1d20-1)

(9) - 1 = 8

Sep 18, 2015 2:26 am
"Here we go again!" Garrthon leans out the window to aim his pistol at the badger they are about to ram.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(10) = 10

Ranged Pistol Attack - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Pistol Damage - (2d6)

(12) = 3

Sep 18, 2015 2:30 am
Initiative Order:
Sterlin > Badders > Garrthon > Ssilas > Quath

Rolls

Badger Initiative - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Sep 18, 2015 2:58 am
Toth, aiming at the second badger, sees Quarth steer toward it and turns back to the one in front of Ssilas' path. He grits his teeth, Badgers with clubs... Shame we can't start a lacrosse league and fires. "Let's win a teddy badger!"

Rolls

Speargun attack - (1d20+6)

(4) + 6 = 10

Speargun damage - (1d12+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Sep 18, 2015 5:00 am
The spear shot flies wide of the badger in front of Ssilas' path. The badge with the gun fires back at Sterlin.

The second badger with the club-like object takes his turn diving out of the way of the incoming trucks. Both trucks fly narrowly by the badgers but Garrthon scores a hit on the badger with the gun.

It's all the way back to Sterlin again.

Rolls

Attack vs Ac - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Damage - (2d6+3)

(13) + 3 = 7

Sep 18, 2015 1:15 pm
Toth yelps from the gunshot and nearly falls from the bed of the pickup truck. He pulls himself up and focusses his will on the gun toting badger. He wormholes the badger in front of a truck if it's close enough, otherwise straight up. 20'.
" that creature must make a Strength saving throw (DC equal to 8 + your Intelligence modifier + your proficiency bonus [DC 12]

Rolls

Force damage - (2d6)

(11) = 2

Sep 18, 2015 1:21 pm
As the badger lets out a mix between a cackle and a screech after he hit Sterlin, a wormhole suddenly appears and sucks him in. It drops him right in front of one of the speeding trucks. He withstands the damage of the wormhole itself, but finds himself in a very bad predicament.

[ GM: Who's car did you want to put him in front of? That person will gain advantage on the attack with the car if they want to try and continue running it over. I'm going to say being hit by one of the trucks is going to be 4d6+DexMod for whoever does it. ]

Rolls

Strength Save - (1d20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Sep 18, 2015 1:28 pm
Our truck... More satisfaction that way.
Sep 18, 2015 1:37 pm
The teleported badder is still too turned around to move this turn. Temporal translocation can be a bit disorientating.

The club badder tries to grab on to the back of Quath's truck as it speeds past it. But he can't make the grab on to the truck and just grabs empty air as the truck passes.

Garrthon goes next.

[ GM: I'm going to call that a DC 15 to be able to grab on to the car with a dexterity check. If he succeeds he can try and climb into the back on his next turn. On Ssilas' next turn if he chooses to try and attack with the car again he will have advantage on the attempt to hit the badder. ]

Rolls

Dexterity to climb onto the passing truck - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Sep 19, 2015 12:31 am
Takes a shot at the badger trying to climb on the back of Quath's truck. "Sorry badger, no more animals allowed on this truck!"

Rolls

Ranged Pistol Shot - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Bullet Damage - (2d6)

(54) = 9

Sep 19, 2015 1:01 am
The bullet flies stray from the badger.

Ssilas moves next.

[GM: Ssilas will get advantage on his truck attack if he wants to run over the badger that has been teleported in front of them. ]
Sep 19, 2015 5:47 am
Ssilas lets out a primal war cry of mixed aggression and joy at seeing the nasty Nazi scum badger teleported right into his path, and hammers down on the accelerator.
"Oh thisss gon' get MESSSSSY!"

Rolls

Truck Attack with Advantage - (1d20+3)

(12) + 3 = 15

Truck Attack with Advantage - (1d20+3)

(18) + 3 = 21

Truck DAMAGE - (4d6+3)

(6322) + 3 = 16

Sep 20, 2015 3:59 am
The force of the truck leaves little left of the badger after it careens through the unsuspecting creature. Sterlin manages to avoid most of the guts as they spray past, but he certainly feels a good bit of the warm mist of blood.

Quath is next to move.

[ GM: One badger down. The other is now behind Quath's truck, so if you wanted to circle back around and try and hit it on this turn you could, or you can try and fire while driving. Or just stop and get out. however you want to work it. ]
Sep 23, 2015 1:29 am
Quath slams on the brakes. Then one rat cranks it into reverse and another hits the gas. Quath will try to reverse its truck into the badgerperson.

Rolls

Dex Drive Check - (1d20-1)

(2) - 1 = 1

Sep 23, 2015 4:13 am
Quath, not having much luck with the truck, passes right by the badger. The badger lets out something that is akin to a hiss, and a laugh, as it dodges the path of the truck.

Sterlin moves next.
Sep 23, 2015 4:36 am
Sterlin, oozing pus, smoking, and dripping blood, drops another spear into his gun, and bracing himself against the cab, exhales, pauses and fires.

Rolls

(14) + 6 = 20

Damage - (1d12+4)

(8) + 4 = 12

Sep 23, 2015 11:42 am
As the badger is letting out his hissing, barking laugh it is cut short in a wet gurgle as a spear erupts violently from it's chest. The creature lets out one more chuckle as it falls to it's knees and then slumps to the ground.

As there is a sudden calm over the scene, most of the people having dispersed into small make-shift hovels inside this massive encampment. Suddenly a large tangle of vines and thorns in the shape of a humanoid being strides across the clearing you find yourself in.

"Thank the sands, warriors have come. My name is Trent, I'm the Head Guy (Head Guy being the highest rank one can obtain within a settlement) of Haven. It looks like Mecha-Hitler finally found us with that raiding party. I'm sure the drones have already sent our location back to him.", the vine-creature named Trent manages to say. His voice is a mix of the wind rustling through leaves, and the the slapping together of vines.
Sep 23, 2015 11:32 pm
"Trent, eh?" Toth says with no hidden suspicion. He hauls himself out of the truck and spits a huge gob of blood onto the ground. "So the Mecha-Hitler freak show is new. I guess that's a good thing. I can't speak for the others but the fight has plum near run out a me for today, so if you're going to branch out and leaf us hangin, I wouldn't root for your chances. Now if you can manage us a meal and a bunk for a few hours, I might just be your new bestest friend."
Sep 25, 2015 11:38 am
Ssilas gets out of the truck and inspects his fender for damage from the badger he turned into a speed bump. He wipes some bloody gore of the hood with a clawed finger, and licks it thoughtfully. Then he turns to the plant man.
"How often doess thisss happen, Trent? We were told that Haven wasss different than the Wassteland. If thiss iss really the firsst raid y'all have ever had to face then we really just have ssshit luck and timing, I guesss."
Last edited September 25, 2015 11:39 am
Sep 27, 2015 5:26 am
Trent looks as appreciative as a massive living lump of vines can look. "Yes we can certainly house you here. This is the first time we've come under attack. Our location has been a closely guarded secret for as long as we have existed. We don't call out, and those that arrive do not leave."

He shows you to a small building near the entrance. As you walk in there is a sort of communal hall of people moving here and there, and then you are shown a few rooms off to the side.

"Please, rest for the night. Your defeat of the drones has bought us some time. Though Mecha-Hitler is no doubt mobilizing to attack. We have had a contingency plan for just such a thing, but we...have a bit of a problem."
Sep 29, 2015 5:37 am
Garrthon sits and goes into his regenerative mode thinking about what he has just got himself into. "And to think I left the wars to get away from the fighting. At least this way I am not just a senseless killing machine."
Sep 30, 2015 12:06 pm
"Let usss cut to the chassse, Trent. What went wrong and how do you propose we fix it?"
Ssilas picks at a scale under his chin, seeming slightly irritated.
Oct 2, 2015 2:22 am
"Well. We have defenses in place for the event that mecha-hitler found the location to this place", Trent says, "But unfortunately we need generators to run them. That raid destroyed a good number of our generators. We had a stash that we have stored off-location, but there have been reports of Porkers in the old warehouse we hid the generators in. All of our soldiers are either now dead or injured. We have no one to send."

Trent's leaves and vines bristle with anxiety, "Please, would you help us try and defend this bastion of peace? Will you help get our generators back?"
Oct 2, 2015 10:52 pm
Toth nods at Trent's words. "Yeah? Yeah, we're no freeloading scavs. We can probably see that done." Toth looks towards the others for argument or agreement.
Oct 7, 2015 11:59 am
"Yess, we'll do our part. Point usss in the right direction, Trent!"
Oct 8, 2015 2:20 am
"Well please, rest here the night. You will need your strength against the Porkers. I will give you coordinates in the morning", he bids you good night and you get a good nights rest. The first you have had in months. No dust in any unwanted places in the morning.

You awake the next day and you find your trucks have been gassed up and Trent gives you coordinates to this old building that houses their backup generator cache. It's maybe about half-a-days drive to the north of Haven. Far enough away that the two wouldn't be connected if the generators were ever found.

[ GM: You will all complete a long rest so you're back up to full health. Any other "Long or short rest" abilities are restored. Also, in case I didn't say it before, we've hit the first milestone of the one shot so you are all now level 2. ]
Oct 10, 2015 4:31 pm
Toth takes his battered hide to the proffered place, takes a few bites of food, then ravage oily devours his portion. Still chewing, he falls onto the sleeping pad and shivers himself to sleep.

When we wakes, he feels stiff, his new scars pulling on his skin unfamiliarly. He checks Ssilas, Garthon and Quarth are still (breathing?), er, functioning, and then he bounces around outside, singing lightly to himself (or loudly if there are kids watching), trying to get the blood flowing. He will scavenge replacement spears for his gun from anything abandoned or from the refuse pile, and then take a close eye to his speargun to make sure that it will continue to function.
Oct 11, 2015 3:17 am
Toth:
There are various children within the courtyard by your trucks. They all stop at your performance and listen.

[ GM: Roll a performance check Sterlin ]
Oct 11, 2015 3:33 am
Sterlin attempting to scare, er, entertain the children...

Rolls

Performance (singing), 1d20+0 - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Oct 11, 2015 4:14 am
The performance is actually a little scary, but these kids seem really into it. One of them actually comes over to you at the end of the song. Him and his friends are cheering and clapping. "Mister. We haven't heard no one sing us anything in a long time." This particular child seems to be descended from sharks. His wide tooth filled grin, several rows of teeth, and the fact that he is literally a shark with feet and legs seem to give it away.

"I heard you were going to the warehouse to get generators. Jimmy. My friend Jimmy, he said his dad said there was something for emergency use buried just behind the warehouse. Don't tell no one I told you though. We're not a'sposed to be out there playing", the sharkboy says. Then the group of kids runs off to continue their games.
Oct 11, 2015 4:27 am
Long after the kids are out of earshot, it occurs to Toth to say "What, an mergencie toothbrush?" He cackles to himself at his wit.
Oct 12, 2015 4:57 am
Garrthon rises in the morning and hears Toth's singing. "I had better go check on him and make sure he is not getting himself into trouble."

Garrthon heads out into the courtyard and arrives shortly after the kids went off to play their games. "Good morning Toth. What puts you in such high spirits today?"
Oct 16, 2015 11:48 pm
Toth spits in the dust. "Ain't no reason, just rippin to go." He pauses, and looks at the sky. "No drones yet, weren't theys a hoot, sho!"
Oct 26, 2015 7:10 am
After greeting the children playing their game, Psibocorn ambles out to the new arrivals to express his appreciation and admiration for the job they did in fighting off the attackers.

Garrthon notices it first, and Sterlin a moment later, that, while the head is bobbing, Psibocorn doesn't actually have a mouth on his head, which bobs and wags in a very expressive manner. Instead, Psibocorn's mouth is at his waist. Psibocorn, a refugee from a space war, found himself stranded on Earth some time ago, and is slowly learning how to talk from various recordings as well as interactions with actual "locals" (meaning everyone on Earth). As such, his dialog is always a little suspect: does he really mean what he's saying, or is he trying to convey some other idea? "Do you know, I found that a frightfully inspiring demonstration of martial prowess just then. It's inspiring me to take up my weapons and fight too, dontcha know."
Oct 26, 2015 7:33 pm
As the alien looking creature finishes its greeting, a shadow passes over the newcomers. Before anyone can turn and look for what caused the shadow a soft rumbling sound catches your attention and you turn to see what appears to be a half-rotten corpse roll up to you on a skateboard. It stops about ten feet away and stands looking at everyone with dead glassy eyes.
"...uuhhh." it says, in a ton you cannot interpret.
Oct 26, 2015 8:49 pm
Toth, startled by the newcomers, considers declaring initiative. He pauses, waiting for signs of aggression, and then spits in the dust. "Yeah? I don't got no prollems with scavs, you wanna throw down some drones."
Oct 27, 2015 2:52 am
Trent comes ambling from the barracks with the best smile that a living tree can muster.

"Ah, I see you've met some of the other citizens of Haven. Believe it or not we do have some capable soldiers. Psibocorn and Opera here are two quite capable. After that last attack we have implored your other two compatriots to help us with rescue and recover of our citizens still lost in the rubble of the attack", Trent explains, he gestures out to the large buildings in the center of the compound that have freshly crumbled portions where the drones did some structural damage.

"I hope you will bring Psibocorn and Opera with you to retrieve the generators. I know they will serve you well. All of us who reside here would gladly give our lives to see this place stand", he says, his leaves bristle with passion as he speaks.
Oct 27, 2015 4:39 am
With a soft flutter of feathers, a slender form drops from the roof behind. The woman is an Avian of Raven heritage. Her head and wings covered in midnight blue feathers, her body feathers are slightly more gray. She stands out in sharp relief against the bright sun. She wears a gray and black hooded jacket and a red bikini. She perches on a pair of strange shoes, they appear to be the front portion of soles of platform boots, the leather removed, and a handle bolted to them...perches she can walk on. Her wings connect low on her back and she wraps them like a skirt around her legs once they are folded properly, making it appear she wears dress made of feathers. Her muscles are well toned, but her overall appearance is frail, not an uncommon trait among Avian...especially the Ravenborn.

"Soldiering isn't really my thing though. My talents lie more in the scout and recon territories, not that I'm afraid to get my hands dirty. I generally leave the heavy lifting to Dead Fred over there." She waves a dismissive hand at the zombie holding the skate board. Dead Fred answers with another soft moan "...uuuuhhhh." and shambles over to stand beside his mistress.
Oct 28, 2015 3:52 am
Ah, yes. Right you are, Opera. I think your eyes may be the best to keep a watchful eye out for danger", Trent says as he scratches at his bark.
Oct 29, 2015 12:14 am
"Well don't just stand there barkin at us, we got holes to dig." Toth leads the way to the trucks.
Oct 29, 2015 3:11 am
You fire up the trucks (you still have access to both for this mission if you want) and start to head out to the location Trent told you about. It takes a few hours of driving across featureless waste before you spot it in the distance. It is some old warehouse facility you would guess from the outside that looks like it was either constructed in the side of a large stone rock-face, or during the cataclysm that brought this world into being it may have just been smashed into the rock-face, either way there is black smoke coming from inside of it.

This would seem to confirm the occupation by someone. The Porker's most likely. You've had run ins with these in the past. The Porkers are humanoid pigs that are a sort of biker gang. They don't have mass organization, but instead roam in tight knit packs to pillage and steal thing.
Oct 29, 2015 3:43 am
"So, should I get flappin and check it out or do we want to just go in guns blazing?"
Oct 29, 2015 4:16 pm
"I am all for you scouting ahead Opera. We may know that we are up against the Porkers, but who knows what surprises they may have in store."
Oct 31, 2015 12:53 am
Psibocorn does a strange head waggle. "I absolutely think that is the best pizza for this situation. We'll flonk here while you gazebo. If you psalter any yahoo, we'll travail in no short order."
Oct 31, 2015 1:11 am
Toth nods in possible agreement with Psibocorn, and loads his speargun.
Oct 31, 2015 1:35 am
Opera takes flight and scouts the structure, looking for guard posts and sniper nests. The goal is to find the best angle of approach and hopefully get a count of how many porkers might be around.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Oct 31, 2015 2:44 am
[ Passing note to Opera ]
PhantomNimbus sent a note to foolsmask
Opera circles over the warehouse scoping out the scene and returns.
Oct 31, 2015 3:12 am
Opera meets back up the rest of the party after making her run.

"Good news and bad news, and potentially more bad news I'm afraid. Good news is there don't seem to be that many porkers around. There aren't that many bikes and they don't usually ride more than one to a hog. The bad news is I didn't actually see anyone mucking about. The potentially more bad news is they've got company. There's another vehicle parked next to the bikes. I've never seen anything like it, so it doesn't help us to know what we are facing inside.

Next topic of discussion is our approach. The terrain is pretty open. We can go for a frontal assault, but they will see us coming. We can hit fast and hit hard that way, and I don't think our chances are horrible if we go that way. Other option is we go around back and use that cliff to get on top of the building and reign death from above style. The downside to that is we lose our speed advantage. I don't think the trucks can make the drive up to the incline so we'd have to go on foot. If they've made us already they will be watching and ready. I suppose we could wait for nightfall and try either of these tactics though."
Oct 31, 2015 3:27 am
"Them porkers prolly like their bikes. Be a shame if someone smashed em up a bit." Toth picks something out of his hair, examines it, then pops it into his mouth. "They maybe run out all angry and then it's shooting pigs in a blanket."
Oct 31, 2015 3:50 am
"That's a very interesting point! I like that plan too."
Oct 31, 2015 4:44 pm
Psibocorn, confident of his Timewalking ability, waggles his fingers at the group again (which causes his head to nod, slightly coming apart as it does so). He believes this finger-waggling is a way of indicating agreement. "Day core." It starts to walk toward the smoking warehouse, readying its Trilasm.

(OoC: what are the distances we're talking about, here? How long will it take us to get into shooting range of the bikes?)
Oct 31, 2015 5:20 pm
You stopped maybe a few hundred feet from the building, so it won't take long to walk there if you are walking right up to the front. A few minutes and you'll be in range. On this side of the building it is pretty sparse outside but there are one or two stones jutting from the ground you could hide behind. Those are maybe 40 feet from the building. So that should put you in range of the bikes if you go there.
Nov 2, 2015 3:38 am
Psibocorn becomes unnaturally still and glides over to one of the rock outcroppings, taking cover and aiming his Trilasm while waiting for the others to come up alongside.
Last edited November 2, 2015 3:41 am

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(20) + 4 = 24

Nov 2, 2015 3:40 am
Psibocorn seems to, and in fact does, hover just inches above the ground as he sneaks. He is soon just behind one of the rocky outcroppings.
Nov 2, 2015 2:21 pm
Toth keeps low and tries to blend his profile into the terrain, making slow movements where he can, to follow p
Psibocorn

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+6)

(8) + 6 = 14

Nov 2, 2015 3:34 pm
Opera follows Toth's example, keeping low and unassuming (she hopes). She pulls out her gauss nailer, a small scrap metal launcher, not really useful for destroying machines, but deadly against biological targets. She stands ready to fight whenever the party starts.
Nov 2, 2015 3:36 pm
Opera, roll stealth for me too. Same for Garrthon.
Nov 3, 2015 1:42 am
Stealth

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(17) + 5 = 22

Nov 3, 2015 4:09 pm
Opera is able to follow behind Toth and doesn't make a sound. Three of you are now in range of the bikes. They are about 30 feet away.
Nov 3, 2015 5:07 pm
Psibocorn, seeing that most of them are behind cover, aims his Trilasm and fires at the bikes.

"My killshake brings all the pork to the yard."

Rolls

Trilasm (ranged attack) and damage - (1d20+4, 2d6)

1d20+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

2d6 : (44) = 8

Nov 3, 2015 5:19 pm
Sterlin covered the door with his speargun, hoping the shoot the second one that exits.
Nov 3, 2015 9:21 pm
Opera waits for the first porker to appear.
Nov 4, 2015 6:17 am
Psibocorn hits the first cycle just right and it is quickly engulfed in flames. After a few moments it erupts in a ball of fire that engulfs two more bikes. There are still 3 undamaged bikes in the line, and a vehicle that, upon closer inspection, is clearly a 4th Reich vehicle. It looks like a military Humvee, but crudely scrawled red swastikas have been spray painted on the side. It's hard to tell who this originally belonged to, but much like most 4th Reich vehicles, it is theirs now.

As one of the two bikes on fire erupts into a ball of flames as well the front garage door to the warehouse rattles open loudly and 3 porkers scramble out of the warehouse. They are calling to each other, trying to coordinate some effort to save the bikes. Low shouts mix with high squeals.

Opera and Sterlin, who had prepared for the site of these guys take the first shot before they even know what hit them.

[ GM: Opera gets the first surprise attack then Sterlin gets the next. It sounds like you ended up attacking two different targets. After the surprise round we go in initiative order. Everyone roll initiative. I'll roll the porkers now. I've also given them names in a damage list to more easily track who is attacking who. Feel free to reference these in combat. ]

Damage:
Hamlet (Porker): 0 dmg
Babe (Porker): 0 dmg
Peg (Porker): 0 dmg

Rolls

Porker Initiative - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Nov 4, 2015 6:49 am
Opera fires a quick burst from her nailer at hamlet then takes to the air. Her mental command to Dead Fred has the zombie moving in to back up her new compatriots.

Rolls

Firing the Gauss Nailer - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (3) + 5 = 8

1d8+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Nov 4, 2015 7:11 am
Psibocorn levels the Trilasm at Babe and aims...it then realizes that, since its face is in its abdomen, it can't see around the rock outcropping, and it spends a few seconds shifting its body to see around the rock.
Last edited November 4, 2015 7:12 am

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Nov 4, 2015 3:02 pm
Sterlin waits for Hamlet to clear the door, whispers "Outya frying pan, piggy, and then Is fire" and then squeezes the trigger on Babe.

Rolls

(9) + 6 = 15

Speargun damage - (1d12+4)

(9) + 4 = 13

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Nov 5, 2015 4:35 pm
As three porkers emerge from the building Opera fires a shot but instinctively Hamlet dives to the ground ducking the shot and landing prone.

Sterlin fires his speargun and hits Babe square in the chest and drops him immediately.

As the combat starts you can see two more porkers inside the building that have not actually come outside of the warehouse.

[GM: still need an initiative roll from Opera and Garrithon.]

Damage:
Hamlet (porker): 0 dmg
Babe (porker): 13 dmg (dead)
Peg (porker): 0 dmg

Oinker (porker): 0 dmg
Chops (porker): 0 dmg
Nov 5, 2015 7:25 pm
[ooc: Sorry for the lack of posts for the last couple of days, I have been sick and have not been checking my email or this site]

Garrthon makes his way over to join the others and takes a shot at Peg.

Rolls

Stealth (if still needed) - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Pistol Shot - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Pistol Damage - (2d6)

(13) = 4

Initiative - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Nov 6, 2015 12:23 am
:::sorry:::

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Nov 6, 2015 12:29 am
Garrthon cracks off a pistol shot but misses Peg.

Combat begins:

Sterlin > Garrthon > Porkers > Opera > Psibocorn
Nov 6, 2015 12:44 am
Sterlin concentrates derangedly on Hamlet, pantomines grabbing the porker, and then gestures with his hand towards the Reich humvee.
Wormhole: As an action, choose a creature within 30ft. of you; that creature must make a Strength saving throw (DC 12). On a failed save, you teleport the target to a point within 20 ft. of its initial position and it takes 2d6 force damage; on a successful save, the target is teleported but takes no damage.

Rolls

Wormhole damage (if porker fails save) - (2d6)

(21) = 3

Nov 6, 2015 1:32 am
Tries one more shot at Peg with the pistol.

Rolls

Pistol shot - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Pistol damage - (2d6)

(23) = 5

Nov 6, 2015 3:56 am
Hamlet attempts to regain his balance after being teleported towards the Humvee. He manages to maintain his balance as he flies out of the other end of the warp.

Garrthon lands a shot on Peg, a bullet piercing her arm.

Damage:
Peg (porker): 5 dmg

Rolls

Strength Save - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Nov 6, 2015 4:15 am
Hamlet stands up and fires off a scavenged handgun at Opera in the air.

Peg, regaining her balance moves to take cover behind the Humvee (getting 3/4 cover) and fires off a shot at Garrthon.

Oinker and Chops run out to join the battle carrying metal chains. They rush the distance to the people out at the rocks, but need to dash to get there.

GM: Peg gains 3/4 cover. As of now everyone on the player side, except Opera, has 3/4 cover as long as they stick behind the rocks. This will make you harder to hit. +5 ac to be exact. I'll just subtract 5 from whatever my attack roll bonus is.

Damage:

Rolls

Hamlet Attack against Opera - (1d20+2, 2d6)

1d20+2 : (1) + 2 = 3

2d6 : (25) = 7

Peg Attack against Garrthon (3/4 cover) - (1d20-3, 2d6)

1d20-3 : (18) - 3 = 15

2d6 : (42) = 6

Nov 6, 2015 5:20 pm
Opera performs a wing over and sharply changes direction. She aims her nailer at Choper!(the injured porker rushing the party's cover) and fires. Then she tell Dead Fread to target the same porker. The zombie lurches out and closes the distance and slams its fists into the disgusting pig man.

In a shrill high pitched call Opera says. "SSSSUUUUUEEEEEE, here piggy piggy!"

Rolls

Opera's attack and damage - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (14) + 5 = 19

1d8+3 : (7) + 3 = 10

Dead Fred's zombie slam attack and damage - (1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

1d6+3 : (2) + 3 = 5

Nov 6, 2015 6:33 pm
Assuming they're not already adjacent to him, Psibocorn aims at Chops and fires his Trilasm once again.

Rolls

Trilasm shot, damage - (1d20+4, 2d6+2)

1d20+4 : (19) + 4 = 23

2d6+2 : (62) + 2 = 10

Nov 6, 2015 8:07 pm
GM: Sorry, Peg was the injured one, not Chops. That was my mistake but your outcome is the same either way Opera.

Opera fires a shot into Chops injuring him badly as he rushed at the rest of the party. He tries to continue limping on but looks up to see Dead Fred looming over him. Fred finishes the job and Chops is no more.

Psibocorn fires at Oinker as he charges the mound as well. The shot connects and does some major damage to the pigman. He grunts as he keeps his footing.

I changed Psibocorn's target since Opera and Fred dropped Chops.

Damage:
Oinker (porker): 10 dmg
Chops (porker): 15 dmg (dead)
Nov 6, 2015 9:59 pm
Toth drops another spear into his speargun and dropping to one knee, attempts to skewer Hamlet to the humvee.

Rolls

Speargun attack and damage on Hamlet - (1d20+6, 1d12+4)

1d20+6 : (17) + 6 = 23

1d12+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

Nov 6, 2015 10:06 pm
Garrthon jumps out from behind the mound and swings his hammer at Oinker.
Last edited November 6, 2015 10:07 pm

Rolls

Hammer strike - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Hammer damage - (2d6+3)

(54) + 3 = 12

Nov 9, 2015 5:34 am
Even behind cover Sterlin lances Hamlet directly to the humvee. The porker squeels loudly and tries to pull the javelin out. He is able to swiftly pull out the spear and ready for his attack.

Garrthon, meanwhile, swings his hammer at the oncoming Oinker, but the pigman sees the hit coming and ducks it swiftly, swinging his chains to come in for a hit.

-- Porker Turn --

Hamlet, recently speared, fires a shot of at Sterlin, hoping to repay the favor.

Oinker, following through on his duck under Garrthon's hammer swings his metal chain at the hulking metal figure.

Peg sees Dead Fred finish off Chops and screams, "NO! CHOPS!", she instantly fires off a shot at the undead skater.

That's enemies turn, Sterlin, Garrthon, and Dead Fred may have taken damage. I'll let you narrate out how the hits land and your reaction to them on your turn. Opera is up.

EDIT: Just noticed Garrthon, you were hit with a crit. I need to roll another 2d6 to add to your damage.... So that is 22 total damage to Garrthon.

Damage:
Hamlet (porker): 10 dmg
Oinker (porker): 10 dmg

Rolls

Hamlet Strength to remove Spear (DC 10) - (1d20+3)

(14) + 3 = 17

Hamlet Attack on Sterlin - (1d20+2, 2d6)

1d20+2 : (5) + 2 = 7

2d6 : (41) = 5

Oinker's Chain Attack on Garrthon - (1d20+5, 2d6+3)

1d20+5 : (20) + 5 = 25

2d6+3 : (54) + 3 = 12

Peg Against Dead Fred - (1d20+2, 2d6)

1d20+2 : (15) + 2 = 17

2d6 : (41) = 5

Crit Damage to Garrthon - (2d6)

(65) = 11

Nov 9, 2015 12:29 pm
Dead Fred takes a heavy hit from Peg, but keeps moving toward Oinker now that his first target is down. Opera also swoops in to assist her undead servant.

Rolls

Dead Fred - (1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d20+5 : (1) + 5 = 6

1d6+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

Opera's Shot - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (14) + 5 = 19

Nov 9, 2015 12:31 pm
Fred swings wildly at Oinker, but the pig again ducks the swing. Unfortunately, his duck puts him off guard for a moment as Opera swoops in and finishes the job, dropping Oinker with one shot.
Nov 10, 2015 12:25 am
Psibocorn steps further out from behind the rock and opens his eye - located at about a human's navel - very wide. A beam of searing chartreuse energy spears forth to Hamlet with a sound like sizzling fat...
Last edited November 10, 2015 12:26 am

Rolls

Deadly Eye Ray, damage (necrotic) - (1d20+6, 2d6)

1d20+6 : (6) + 6 = 12

2d6 : (12) = 3

Nov 10, 2015 4:46 am
The eye-ray spears towards Hamlet. The pig just barely manages to scurry out of the way of the ray as it sizzles away at the wall behind where he was just standing.

Damage:
Hamlet (porker): 10 dmg
Oinker (porker): 20 dmg (dead)
Nov 10, 2015 4:59 am
Garrthon falls to the ground after being hit by Oinker's chain. Must have caught on a wire knocked loose by Peg's shot.
Nov 10, 2015 5:01 am
Sterlin falls over backwards scared of the gun, even though it probably comes no where near him. He falls on his butt, loads the speargun. "He just squirted eye juice at him, that's not right." and then fires back from his sitting position.

Rolls

Speargun attack and damage, Hamlet - (1d20+6, 1d12+4)

1d20+6 : (16) + 6 = 22

1d12+4 : (9) + 4 = 13

Nov 10, 2015 8:53 am
Psibocorn tries to reassure Sterlin with a saucy wink...which is probably horrifying.
Last edited November 10, 2015 8:53 am
Nov 10, 2015 12:26 pm
Garrthon in a state of struggling against powering down for good. He struggles to stay operational.

Sterlin spears Hamlet through the chest, a killing blow. Only Peg remains on the battle field.

-- Enemy Turn --

Peg turns curly tail and darts back into the warehouse squealing loudly. She disappears into the blackness inside.

Garrthon, since you are now unconscious you need to make a death saving throw on your turn. Roll a d20, on ten or higher you have a success, below that is a failure. You need to get to three successes before three failures to stabilize and not die. Others can use medical checks to stabalize you, or healing magic/items to bring you immediately back into the game.
Nov 10, 2015 1:38 pm
Opera wings over to her perch shoes and lights upon them then flaps over to where Garrthon fell. She folds her wings around herself making a skirt the crouches down gently to examine the bot. Dead Fred shuffles over and looks down as well. His dead, blank eyes betray no emotion, if he has any, but he does groan quizzically.

"eeeehh?"

"I don't know Fred. This isn't my realm of expertise."

Turning to the group, "Anybody got a manual for this guy? Or repair training?"
Last edited November 10, 2015 1:39 pm
Nov 10, 2015 6:57 pm
Psibocorn glides over and peers at the robot. "This technology seems adroit enough. Psibocorn text home, toot fast."
Unfortunately, his experience with repairing technology on his planet was limited to weapons and vintage radios, so he is no help here at all.
Last edited November 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Rolls

Attempting a medicine check - (1d20)

(1) = 1

Nov 10, 2015 6:59 pm
Psibocorn seems to gnaw on Garrthon's metal foot, unsure exactly how one would go about making this thing work again.
Nov 10, 2015 7:08 pm
Garrthon's circuits spark suddenly as they seem to be making an attempt to stabilize him.

Rolls

Stabilization Check - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Nov 10, 2015 8:41 pm
Garrthon failed the first check but technically anyone can attempt a healing check to try and fix whatever issue is wrong with him.
Nov 11, 2015 5:55 am
"BY THE PIT, MAN! What are you doing!"

The bird woman bats the alien away from the robot. She then reaches into her bag and extracts duct tape and leads to her generator. She sets to work stringing the pieces of Garrthon back together. It's clear she isn't anymore sure what she is doing though, but after a few moments Garrthon quits sparking and some of his systems come back online.
Last edited November 11, 2015 5:56 am

Rolls

Medicine - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Nov 11, 2015 6:22 am
Psibocorn steps back and sulks. "How was Psibocorn to know that robot impedance and capacitance not labeled by taste? Pfah!"
Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm
With that Opera has stabilized Garrthon. He no longer needs to make death saving throws. But he is still unconscious. He will have to recover for an hour unless anyone has healing items or spells to get him back up now. For now, he will not be dying today.
Nov 11, 2015 3:32 pm
"Robot condition stable? Good. Generators inside, yes? Must Ack Wire for Haven, recollect." Psibocorn attempts to prowl up toward the warehouse and peers inside, wary of the possibility of projectiles from the pugnacious porker, Peg.
Last edited November 11, 2015 3:33 pm

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Perception - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Nov 11, 2015 4:00 pm
Psibocorn almost seems to slither up to the opened garage door. Eerily quiet in his movements.

PhantomNimbus sent a note to spaceseeker19
[Handing note to Psibocorn]
Nov 11, 2015 4:32 pm
Toth peers down at him, his eyes darting to the door where that last porker ran and back to Garrthon. "Well, this ain't right, he says, poking something sparking. Looks like it goes here, what?"

Rolls

Healing/Repair roll (untrained, Wis+0) - (1d20)

(2) = 2

Nov 11, 2015 4:42 pm
GM. Do none of you have healing items, or spells? If not I'll let Garrthon do his second wind this once. Let him use some of his hit dice to regain health.
Nov 11, 2015 6:17 pm
(Yeah, I suspect none of us can heal. I know Psibocorn can't)

spaceseeker19 sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Psibocorn tries to wave the others over, but by now they are accustomed to his weird gesticulations and pay him no mind. So he ambles back to them. "I say, there may be a stain of trouble, hey? I dropped eaves on them, did Psibocorn. Eucalyptus Trent is in Cow Hoots with the Reich, is my surmise." The alien looks at them expectantly.

"Oh, and there's a Butterfly that is about to Effect us."
Nov 12, 2015 2:05 am
"Wait...what did you say? Trent is working with the Reich? Then why send a fully armed and capable team out here to retrieve generators? To get us away from town, maybe? What butterfly are you talking about?"

Opera looks around expecting to see some kind of winged Mothra-esque monstrosity swooping down on them.
Nov 12, 2015 2:34 am
As you are questioning Psibocorn you start to hear a fluttering sound, and some sort of chittering sound coming from the warehouse.
Nov 12, 2015 4:21 am
"Oh...from over there." Opera and Dead Fred do their best to take cover again.
Nov 12, 2015 6:56 am
Hearing the chittering, Psibocorn attempts to take cover behind a rock outcropping or the Fourth Reich vehicle, whichever is closer (stealth?), and readies his trilasm, scanning the skies for a target, not realizing that anything airborne would have no trouble seeing him from above. He continues to narrate (accustomed to vacuum suit radios, and forgetting that in the open air, sound is not a closed circuit): "I tell you what, I absolutely saw that Sequoia Dude Trent giving executables to the porker on a vid screen." He nods at Opera's thought about why Trent would do such a thing. "Yes, I do believe you're left - it must have sent us here to keep us out of Haven. The porker implied that we were expected to die in our first argument." Psibocorn looks as grim as a faceless humanoid can look. "I say that's not in the punch cards. Not this revolution of the planet on its axis, no, and not the next one, neither."
Last edited November 12, 2015 7:19 am

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Initiative (in case it's needed) - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Nov 12, 2015 7:40 pm
Toth drags Garrthon behind something non-explody, and then reloads his speargun.
Nov 13, 2015 3:24 am
As everyone takes cover suddenly they see what looks like a 6+ foot tall moth walking out of the garage. I KNOW YOU'RE OUT HERE! IT'S TIME TO END THIS! he calls out. Where his mouth is there is a large jagged set of mandibles. The creature, even in the daylight seems to glow a sickly radioactive green.

Peg is just behind the moth, cowering behind it.

Sterlin > Garrthon > Enemies > Opera > Psibocorn

We'll pick up the order with Opera. Just injecting the moth into the Porkers turn.

Damage:
General Mothra (baash): 0 dmg
Nov 13, 2015 4:22 am
Opera orders Dead Fred to rush this Mothra, The zombie comes lumbering out then breaks into a charge. She provides cover fire with her nailer.

::if the distance is to great for the zombie to make it he will still go as far as he can using a double move action if needed.::

Rolls

Zombie Slam vs. Mothra (if actionable) - (1d20+5, 1d6+3)

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

1d6+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

Opera Shooting with Gauss Nailer - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (15) + 5 = 20

Nov 13, 2015 5:21 am
Opera peppers Mothra with her nailer as Fred closes the distance to the giant moth. Fred runs in and slams into the giant moth as it roars in pain.

I'll assume Fred can make the distance to melee.

Damage:
General Mothra (baash): 19 dmg
Nov 13, 2015 5:48 am
"I say, old chap, here I am! Leave my sweater out of this!"
If Psibocorn is more than 30 feet away, he will close the distance to 30' and use his Deadly Eye Ray as soon as Mothra is in range.

Rolls

Deadly Eye Ray attack, damage - (1d20+6, 2d6)

1d20+6 : (17) + 6 = 23

2d6 : (64) = 10

Nov 13, 2015 6:38 am
The giant moth is blasted with necrotic damage from the deadly eye ray of Psibocorn. His confusion at the creature's words is hard to register on his insect-like face.

From the rocks you all hid behind you were all roughly 30-ish feet to start this battle. Fred is the first one to have closed that gap.

Damage:
General Mothra (baash): 29 dmg
Nov 13, 2015 2:16 pm
Sterling Toth, one foot on Garrthon to keep him under cover, steadies his speargun, and tries to hit the bug, but not Dead Fred.

Rolls

Speargun attack and damage - (1d20+6, 1d12+4)

1d12+4 : (5) + 4 = 9

Nov 14, 2015 4:44 am
The moth, seeming to hear the spear whistling through the air, snatches it and cracks the bolt in half. You'll have to try harder than that!

Don't forget Garrthon, you can take your second wind action this once.
Nov 14, 2015 9:27 pm
Garrthon's circuitry hums as it works to restore life(power) to the robot.

Rolls

Second Wind - (1d12+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Nov 15, 2015 1:55 am
Garrthon is able to get back up with 14 hp.

GM. Looks like that's only a bonus action, so you can still use your action for your turn.
Nov 16, 2015 5:33 pm
Garrthon quickly takes in what is going on around him and seeing Toth shoot his speargun at the moth pulls out his pistol and takes a shot also.

"So now we have pigs that turn into giant moths? This is the last one though right?"

Rolls

Pistol Shot - (1d20)

(7) = 7

Pistol damage - (2d6)

(23) = 5

Nov 16, 2015 6:23 pm
Having just woken up, and being still out of sorts Garrthon's shot flies wide of the behemoth bug.

Inesct puns incoming. Also Garrthon gets to add his proficiency bonus to his weapon attacks because all gamma world characters are proficient in all weapon use. So his attack roll was actually 9. Still a miss, but better.
Nov 16, 2015 6:55 pm
-- Mothra Turn --

After snapping Sterlin's harpoon in two Mothra flaps his giant wings and flies towards Sterlin, landing right in front of him. He tries to snap his massive mandibles around him.

Mothra flies to Sterlin and attacks him with a bite.

-- Peg Turn --

Peg, having been hiding behind Mothra runs towards the humvee that still has a porker pinned to it. She fires off a shot from her gun at Dead Fred before trying to get into the humvee and start it. It starts up with a loud, low, rumble.

Peg uses her move to get to the humvee and into it, stopping along the way to fire at Dead Fred

Damage:

Rolls

Mothra vs Sterlin - (1d20+6, 1d4+4)

1d20+6 : (15) + 6 = 21

1d4+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

Peg vs Dead Fred - (1d20+2, 2d6)

1d20+2 : (13) + 2 = 15

2d6 : (43) = 7

Nov 17, 2015 1:25 am
Dead Fread takes the shot and explodes in a torrent of disgusting green goo.
Last edited November 17, 2015 1:26 am

Rolls

Get up Roll - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Nov 17, 2015 1:32 am
Opera takes flight and lands on top of the HumVee.

"There's one thing about Dead Fred you've got to learn, missy. There is always another Fred." With that her eyes glow a disgusting green and the light falls from her eyes like smoke. It pools in her palm as she says a few words, then it spills to the soil beside the driver's side door. Suddenly another putrid green corpse erupts from the ground. It immediately attacks the pig behind the wheel and tries to drag it out of the vehicle.

Rolls

New and improved Dead Fred grapple(?) - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Nov 17, 2015 2:58 am
Peg attempts to break free from the grapple. She manages to kick back the new and improved Dead Fred, breaking his grapple.

Using Strength (athletics) to contest the grapple.

Rolls

Athletics vs Grapple - (1d20+3)

(16) + 3 = 19

Nov 17, 2015 5:27 am
Psibocorn continues his monocular focus on the giant insect, General Mothra. He rears back and fires another Deadly Eye Ray.

Rolls

1d20+6 : (4) + 6 = 10

2d6 : (43) = 7

Nov 18, 2015 2:27 am
Mothra wraps his wings around him and seems to wave away the eye ray energy. It dissipates harmlessly in front of him.

It would seem your bark is worse than your... eye... laser., Mothra tries to quip, but puns and jokes are often foreign to insects.

Damage:
Nov 18, 2015 3:41 am
Toth gasps from the bite attack, and coughs from the weird moth powder that's now all over everything.

He steps back and jams a makeshift spear made from an old camshaft into the speargun. He holds the gun between himself and those mandibles, and fires.

"I got your Reich 'swat'zis right here, flappy!"

Rolls

Speargun attack and damage, Mothra - (1d20+6, 1d12+4)

1d12+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

Nov 18, 2015 3:46 am
As you are about the pull the trigger the giant winged creature twists quickly, and the camshaft sails through the air just missing the creatures head. Wrong move, bub, he says in a half-moth, half-german accent.

Another swing and a miss. Just because you've all been doing so great RP wise so far, I'm going to award you all a point of inspiration. If you are unaware of the 5e rule of Inspiration Points. You may have one of these at a time, and you can cash it in before you choose to roll to have advantage on the roll. This will include ability checks, saving throws, or attack rolls. You earn them through being true to your character's form and RPing well in the game.

Damage:
Nov 20, 2015 5:07 pm
Seeing his hammer on the ground, Garrthon picks it back up and moves over to Mothra and strikes.

Rolls

Hammer strike - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Hammer damage - (2d6+3)

(45) + 3 = 12

Nov 21, 2015 4:05 am
As Garrthon's hammer connects with the moth a satisfying crunch is heard as part of it's carapace is crushed. It staggers back a few steps from the mighty blow. If a moth could register shock on it's face, it would be registering it right now. It looks as though a boot could take this guy out, not even a large boot.

GM. Huge hit from Garrthon.

-- Mothra Turn --

Seeing the tables turning against him Mothra decides to lunge at Sterlin again, hoping to take someone else out with him. A shrill screech cuts through the air as the moth makes a warcry common among moths in Gamma World.

Another bite against Sterlin.

-- Peg Turn --

Free of Dead Fred's clutches Peg starts up the Humvee, kicks it in reverse, and guns it towards Psibocorn, hoping to run over the alien.

Psibocorn needs to make a DC10 Dex saving throw or take the damage rolled here for the Humvee. Either way Peg will still be within range of most of you, but will be inside the Humvee.

Damage:
Peg (porker): 5 dmg (humvee)
General Mothra (baash): 41 dmg

Rolls

Mothra Vs Sterlin - (1d20+6, 1d4+4)

1d20+6 : (3) + 6 = 9

1d4+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

Damage vs Psibocorn (DC10 Dex Save) - (2d8)

(42) = 6

Nov 21, 2015 4:35 am
Psibocorn leaps out of the way...

Rolls

DEX save to avoid Fourth Reich Humvee - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Nov 21, 2015 1:59 pm
Opera, still on top of the HumVee as Peg slams it into reverse spreads her wings and flexes them into a position that creates a little downward force so she stays on top of the truck. She pauses only a moment as the pig try's to sideswipe Psibocorn, then she pops over the side of the HumVee and unloads another shot from her nailer through the the driver side window.

The new Dead Fred makes a b-line for the moth man and unleashes his undead fury.

::Not sure if you want the vehicle to impose disadvantage on attacks or just a cover bonus to AC for Peg, but I'll roll the disadvantage just in case. Also, if the original position of the HumVee where I summoned Dead Fred was to far from Mothra for his speed of 20 to get him in melee with a move and/or charge, that's fine, but I'll roll so we won't have to back track, just ignore it if it doesn't count.::

Rolls

Opera's attack and damage - (1d20+5, 1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (18) + 5 = 23

1d20+5 : (15) + 5 = 20

1d8+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

1d6+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

Nov 21, 2015 3:02 pm
Sterlin, a little discombobulated that the Moth has taken such a powdery interst in him, grabs one of his few remaining spears, this one fashioned from an old umbrella, and jams it into the gun. Loaded, he spins the gun around the trigger and cocks it, saying "Get ready, flappy, looks cloudy wit chance uh pain."

Rolls

Speargun attack & damage, Mothra - (1d20+6, 1d12+4)

1d20+6 : (8) + 6 = 14

1d12+4 : (10) + 4 = 14

Nov 21, 2015 6:07 pm
Psibocorn is still trying to parse Mothra's comment as he blasts out with his eye laser again. *Bark? Eye? Laser? Some important knowledge of the language is still missing from my understanding. That, or the translator is running out of power...*

Rolls

"Deadly" Eye Ray, damage - (1d20+6, 2d6)

1d20+6 : (19) + 6 = 25

2d6 : (13) = 4

Nov 23, 2015 4:42 am
Opera fires a shot right through the window and completely eviscerates Peg in her attempted getaway.

Dead Fred breaks into a dead sprint and catches up to Mothra hitting him with a body slam with such force that it knocks the creature out of the way of Sterlin's shot. Unfortunately for the bug this body slam also crushes him to the ground with enough force to rupture much of his carapace, leaving him dead on impact.

Just for added good measure Psibocorn fries him with another eye ray that leaves his insides sizzling out of his cracked and crumbling carapace. This moth is beyond dead now.

GM. Opera's turn actually killed both attackers, but I like the added attempt. Both targets are down and the area around seems safe. What would you do now?
Nov 23, 2015 9:04 am
Psibocorn heads inside the warehouse, to see if there's anything more to discover.
Nov 23, 2015 6:53 pm
"What we here for, anyways? Some generations, right?" Toth gathers up a couple wayward spears, while trying to keep an eye on the warehouse.
Nov 23, 2015 7:19 pm
"That is correct, assuming of path that this whole mission was not just a diversion to get us out of town." Psibocorn calls loudly, turning his body back around to face Sterlin (it can't call over its shoulder, since the mouth is in the "waist"). Then the alien turns back and resumes his inspection of the warehouse.
Nov 24, 2015 12:51 am
[b]"We should make this quick I think. I'm worried we are missing something back at the settlement. Find the generators. I'll have Fred clean out the HumVee as best he can. That'd be a sweet ride to add to our collection."[b]

Opera does just that, Dead Fred hauls the corpse out of the HumVee and then they go into the warehouse to find the generators.

[color="green"]::In case a search of some kind is needed I will include a roll. If the check is Perception it is +5. Investigation is +0.

Rolls

Searching for generators - (1d20)

(15) = 15

Nov 24, 2015 3:41 am
As you enter the warehouse the stack of generators is indeed there and in working order. It takes maybe an hour to get them loaded into the humvee, and inside the warehouse you also see a large computer console that is inactive and now seems to be getting no power, this is where Psibocorn had seen Trent talking to Peg and General Mothra.
Nov 24, 2015 5:21 pm
"Hmm, perhaps we should have checked the console before removing the generators. Let me see if I can get anything out of this thing."

Garrthon checks out the console to see if there is any way he can connect into it to obtain any information from it.
Last edited November 24, 2015 5:21 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Nov 25, 2015 1:47 am
Even with some generator power the display and operation of the console is alien to you. You can't seem to pull up anything particularly useful.
Nov 25, 2015 9:14 am
"The way I see it, chaps, is that we have a selection to make: do we take these generators back to Haven, or do we skeebabble because we know that Trent was working with these pigs?"
Nov 26, 2015 3:07 am
"I wish we had evidence of Trent's involvement. At least more evidence than the word of one person. No offense Psi, I believe you, but the rest of Haven trusts Trent."
Nov 26, 2015 4:59 pm
"Then we try to snatch him crimsonhanded, back at Haven? Likely he will try something, when we return: 'Surprise! You didn't murder us!' He will worry that we know and will desire to urinate us before we can ruin his blueprints."

The alien does another strange waggle of his eating appendages, looking like a rippling nod and shrug. "Haven is distill the safest place in the Wasteland. Perhaps there is something naughty on these people that will assist us as 150 proof." Psibocorn searches Mothra and the porkers to see if they have anything incriminating.
Dec 4, 2015 3:54 pm
Toth spits in the dust. "Lets just take these back and see whats what. We'll be ready and if anybody tries to pee on me, well, wouldn't be the first."
Last edited December 4, 2015 3:54 pm
Dec 28, 2015 5:54 pm
With the generators loaded up in your trucks you are ready to head back if you choose.

Psicoborn searches the bodies but the only useful thing that they have was the humvee and some really crappy makeshift pistols. Inside the warehouse you do find what looks like a heavy duty weapons case. You open it up and find...

...a flamethrower. A heavy military weapon that does 4d8 fire damage in a 15-foot-cone.

Rolls

Ancient Gear Roll - (1d20)

(19) = 19

Dec 29, 2015 12:55 am
"That is an intimidating weapon. A little to cumbersome for me, but it should come in handy if Trent proves to be the bad guy we believe him to be."

Opera preens her feathers down a bit and looks around. "Well...I'm ready to head back and see what is going on."
Dec 29, 2015 3:48 pm
Psibocorn carries the flamethrower back to the truck, loads it, and returns to check on Garrthon. "Did somebeing say alien? Step aside, there's a good fellow, and see whether I can make dimes of it." Psibocorn also attempts to investigate the console for incriminating evidence. Calling back to Opera, Psibocorn says: "What do you make of this?"
Last edited December 29, 2015 3:49 pm

Rolls

Investigation of computer console - (1d20+6)

(5) + 6 = 11

Dec 29, 2015 5:30 pm
Psibocorn looks over the console but can't figure out exactly its operation. Unfortunately the interface seems entirely unfamiliar to him as well.
Dec 29, 2015 8:46 pm
Toth wanders over to see what the hubba-bubba is, and also attempts to discern the function of the computer console, if only to get everyone moving.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Dec 29, 2015 8:59 pm
Toth is just as perplexed at the console and large vidscreen. He can't seem do discern much from it either. Even the keys don't seem to be in a language or dialect any of you have seen.
Dec 29, 2015 10:19 pm
"It's a computer, I;m not sure what to make of it." Opera shrugs as she approaches and also tries to get it working.
Last edited December 29, 2015 10:20 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Dec 31, 2015 4:48 am
In general you can't seem to figure this out. If Garrthon were to give it a shot with the assistance of everyone else he could roll with advantage. (Roll 2 d20s and then take the higher).
Dec 31, 2015 5:37 am
"Alright, lets see what we can all accomplish together."
Garrthon works with the others to see if between them they can get the console to work.

Rolls

Assisted Investigation - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (13) + 5 = 18

1d20+5 : (4) + 5 = 9

Dec 31, 2015 7:54 am
Psibocorn has definite respect for the robotic Gartthon - autonomous machines back home were excellent technicians and programmers - so he does what he can to assist him: comparing notes/surmises as to what different symbols might mean, order of operations, interface conventions, etc.
Dec 31, 2015 8:22 pm
With everyone comparing their notes you are able to get into the main interface and pull back up the record of the last video feed that had played through the console. You see Trent the Tree, he is addressing the last porker who used this console.

What do you mean you are being overrun?! There were like 6 of you! Where is the General? ... [pause] General, what is going on, give me a report. [pause] It's a few outlanders and two of the more problematic citizens of Haven, what do you mean overrun! This was supposed to be a simple job. [pause] Look, I don't care how you have to do it, Mecha Hitler will be here in 24 hours, we need to get rid of them, they could ruin everything we've worked for. [pause] Just get it done!

The video cuts off at that point. The evidence is pretty damning at this point.
Jan 3, 2016 4:32 pm
"Damn scavs er always shreddin when they should be pilin." Toth spits onto the floor before looking at the robot. "Can you copy that, or play it back, or sumpin? Be nice if we have some kinna proof when we get our accuse on." He pauses. "I've got a printer in the truck."
Jan 3, 2016 6:35 pm
"I'm sure this thing has a way to copy the file to portable storage." Opera begins looking for some kind of portable disc drive.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Jan 4, 2016 4:23 am
Opera, after playing with the controls more actually is able to put it onto a rudimentary holo-disk. This device will allow you to pull up a small projection of the video even when not at the console. The resolution is low, but the evidence is still obviously damning.
Jan 4, 2016 4:18 pm
Opera orders New Dead Fred in to the back of a truck and gets into the Humvee to drive it back to Haven. She waits for the others to get into their spots.

"Maybe the humvee should go first, to give Trent the impression that the bug man beat us?"
Jan 5, 2016 7:51 am
Psibocorn returns to the vehicle he arrived in and waits patiently for the driver to take him back to town.
Jan 25, 2016 4:24 pm
Once everyone is in the convoy you head back to Haven. As you approach the main gates the sentries on the wall see the humvee that is emblazoned with a fourth-reich swastika and draw arms, but they don't fire as they see it is tailed by one of the pick-up trucks.

One of them checks with a large looking glass and signals the others to open up the gates. As you pull in there is also a bit of confusion with the vehicles, but as people see you in the trucks they begin to cheer your return. Scanning the crowd you don't see Trent among them.
Jan 25, 2016 10:16 pm
"Where is Trent. We would have words with him." She hands the keys to the humvee to someone who can drive, "And take this somewhere and get it painted, or at least remove all that...that." her tone conveys disgust as she waves generally at the car.
Jan 26, 2016 12:12 am
Psibocorn waves to the crowd. "Yes, we have turned again, and now are posterior, victorious! We bring the generators for Haven!"
Jan 26, 2016 12:31 am
"Save your yappin, these scavs are probably in cahoots with Trent." Then louder for the others to hear. "Cuz all of you are wanting the Fourth Reich to come here, right? That's your plan? Or was it just that scav Trent that invited them?"
OOC:
Imma gonna roll a Conspiracy check on the locals.

Rolls

Conspiracy - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm
It's hard to exactly say if they are in cahoots with Trent, but the people all seem very happy to have the generators. They begin to unload them and start carrying them to various areas. As they do one steps forward to take the humvee keys from Opera.

Trent? I haven't seen him all morning. He came by earlier and asked the two friends of yours who were still here to help him with something elsewhere in the base, the man says. His head is that of a shark on the body of a slight man. It's hard for him to sound out some of the words with a sharks tongue, but he manages none the less.

I think they were headed to the block of buildings in the center of the base, something about putting up turrets I think..., a woman chimes in. She is using one of her four arms to scratch her chin as she thinks. Yeah, I think they were going up to setup turrets or something.
OOC:
If you remember, it has been a while, I described this as a rather large base. Something the size of a couple of city blocks. It looks like it may have been founded on the crumbling foundation of a large city. A few tall buildings still stand near the center. One could be at least 15-20 stories tall. It's the tallest standing building in Haven.
Jan 26, 2016 5:05 pm
To his companions, the alien says: "I guess it's about time to go...downtown." Psibocorn retrieves his gear from the vehicles and asks Sharkman: "Is there a better way to sneak up to the tall constructions over there?" (pointing to the tall buildings) "We got a present for Trent and desire that it surprise him."
Jan 26, 2016 7:59 pm
The sharkman ponders for a second. I s'pose you could use the stairs on the other side of the building. It's the only one with a workin' elevator in it, but if you really want to surprise ol' Trent the stairs would be your best bet. Just skirt around the next block over and you should see the door on the back side of the buildin'.

He drives off in the humvee to go help some of the others hook up some new generators to flood lights and wall defenses.
Jan 27, 2016 1:28 am
"Yeah, surprise, heh," Toth says after a few awkward seconds. He grabs his few remaining spears from the truck bed and jumps out. "No rest for the thrice damned, right?" and waving the others to follow, heads for the sharkman's indicated back door. "Gotta be more than thrice."
Jan 27, 2016 2:20 am
Psibocorn follows around the block, heading for the stairs.
Jan 27, 2016 3:46 am
Opera sends Dead Fred ahead of her as they all move toward the indicated structure.
Jan 27, 2016 3:11 pm
Approaching the indicated building you find a 15 story building, chunks of it having been crumbled away either due to time, or some sort of conflict. Large holes have pieced together boards patching them closed. There are also a few shaky looking bridges constructed between this building and some more destroyed shorter buildings that surround it.

Most of the other buildings around look like they may have at one point been just as tall, or possibly taller than this but have crumbled down to mostly just the bottom few floors.

Since you have skirted the main road leading to the big front entrance to this tower you see the side road leads past the building and there is a brown rusted door that has a small plate on it. On the plate you can barely make out the letters "STA...", the rest is rusted and eroded.

The streets on this side of the building are completely empty, more than likely everyone else is still out putting in the generators for Haven's defenses.
Jan 27, 2016 5:58 pm
"So how are we going to play this? If we confront him in private we either fight it out or blackmail him into giving us privileges. Would could go round up some witnesses and make this public, but that could get messy too. We don't know how people will react. Thoughts?"
Jan 28, 2016 1:17 am
Toth spits into the dust. "I say we just take him down, simple. No need to go fussin about who might say what to whom. That's a cart / horse incongruity, my ole drinkin buddy Gorder use ta say."
Jan 28, 2016 7:45 am
Psiborn wiggles his mouth appendages again in agreement, then wipes a bit of saliva from his "neck."

"Yes, it is best to fshash the fazdan how the derfoggick lootch." He smacks his lips, his "midriff" undulating. "...that's what we always say."

His grip tightens on his weapon and gestures to the STA door. "Shall we fshash now?"
Last edited January 28, 2016 7:46 am
Jan 29, 2016 5:03 am
"OK. As long as we are in agreement and ready to deal with the blow back."

Opera checks her Nailer and gives orders to Dead Fred to head through the door.
Jan 30, 2016 4:46 pm
Toth takes one last spit into the dirt, before following Dead Fred into the building. "I hate buildings. Means I gots a get close to some people." He primes his spear gun, and makes sure his knife is in hand. He murmurs quietly to himself "One shot and then it might get to close for anything but in your face bloodletting."

He pauses. "Heh. I'm following a zombie into a building."

Rolls

Stealth - (1d20+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Jan 30, 2016 7:24 pm
As Dead Fred grabs the door knob it's clear the entire thing is rusted through. Luckily the door isn't latch and the door creaks noisily open. The hinges spray rust onto the ground as Fred forces the door open enough to get in.

Sterlin follows Fred in and both are enveloped in complete blackness. No external light reaches past the first few steps up. But you find a handful of crudely made, unlit, torches inside. The stairs go up into the darkness.
Jan 30, 2016 7:49 pm
Toth waits for his darkvision to adjust, and then proceeds up. "Torches here ifs you need them, I'll range ahead a bit but not too far," he whispers behind.
Feb 2, 2016 3:34 pm
As Toth bursts in he proceeds up into the darkness.

PhantomNimbus sent a note to Qralloq
[ passing note to Sterlin ]
Feb 2, 2016 4:57 pm
Psibocorn steps in, lights a torch, and then looks sadly at his string of Christmas lights again. Someday...someday we'll find an outlet so I can plug these things in...

Then he proceeds up the stairs after Toth and the Zombie (which was, loosely translated, pretty much the name of a buddy cop vidshow back on his home planet around the time he was spawned. "Toth and the Zombie" was top of the vidcharts for a record-breaking 11 seasons - about 115 years, Earth time. One year, Psibocorn binge-streamed the show).
Feb 2, 2016 5:34 pm
As Psibocorn lights up his torch the glow of light illuminates up the stairwell and you hear a skittering noise further up the stairwell.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Feb 3, 2016 7:56 am
Falling in behind the others, Opera folds her wings around her waist, making a soft swishing sound of feathers on the floor. She steps lightly to maintain some level of stealth. Squinting through the light of the alien's torch, Opera peers into the darkness :::low-light vision:::

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Stealth - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Feb 3, 2016 2:28 pm
"In the darkness it skitters. Watch for fourth reich rats, there, Dead Fred," Toth says as he begins to ascend as far as he can.
Feb 3, 2016 2:40 pm
Moving silently in with the group Opera doesn't see much, but gets a warning from Toth about the skittering sound you can hear in the darkness of the stairwell.

As the group ascends the stair well they get up about 4 floors before the stairs have crumbled up the next few floors. There is another rusty metal door on the landing here that leads into the interior of the building.

The scuttling sound can still be heard in the darkness of the stairwell, but whatever is moving around manages to stay out of the line of sight of the group. You only see quick dark darting shapes when the light of the torch moves to a new area.

Rolls

Secret Roll

Feb 4, 2016 12:43 am
"Dang it all, that torch will be the death of us." Toth creeps farther trying to stay out of the light so he can see properly, and maybe see what is in the dark. "I'm an idiot, Dead Fred he mumbles to himself. When he gets to the rusty metal door, he tests it and then tries to open it, hoping to do so in a way that doesn't result in a horrendous shriek of screaming metal.

Rolls

Stealthily open the rusty door - (1d20+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Feb 4, 2016 6:49 pm
As you try and wrench the door open the wail of the rusted metal scraping open fills the stairwell in a loud echo. As you are trying to pull it open with some effort the gentle skittering you have heard just out of sight swells louder. The walls seem to crawl with black shapes that flood into the torchlight. They start to swarm near the door.
OOC:
Toth will need to make a Dex saving throw.
Feb 4, 2016 9:06 pm
Swarmed!

Rolls

Dex save - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Feb 5, 2016 2:29 pm
As the wail of the door aggravates the swarm of shapes Toth is surprised by one that drops down and lands around his shoulders. It's a 2 foot long centipede with large snapping mandibles. It takes a surprise bite at Toth.
OOC:
Everyone should roll an initiative roll. There are about 3 large grouping of these centipedes that are swarming around this stairwell.
Enemies:
Swarm of Centipedes 1: 0 dmg
Swarm of Centipedes 2: 0 dmg
Swarm of Centipedes 3: 0 dmg

Rolls

Bite! - (1d20+4)

(14) + 4 = 18

Damage from Bite - (1d4+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Swarm Intiative Roll - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Feb 5, 2016 4:38 pm
Toth drops the speargun to dangle on its shoulder string, and draws his filleting knife.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(12) + 4 = 16

Feb 5, 2016 9:25 pm
Opera tries to take wing in the (probably)narrow stairwell and draws her nailer, not that it will be much help against these bugs.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+3)

(2) + 3 = 5

Feb 8, 2016 3:55 pm
Psibocorn recoils and instinctively rewinds time a few moments. The centipedes on Toth rise back up into the wall, and then time begins to move forward again. Knowing what's about to happen, the alien draws his natase and blasts a centipede swarm with his Deadly Eye Ray as it appears. Unfortunately, his own torch blinds him a bit, and the Eye Ray fires later than he'd like.
OOC:
Note that Psibocorn's passive Timewalker ability means that Toth, just in front of him on the stairs and within 30', is immune to surprise. This is my narrative description of that effect, which makes it sound more active than it is. But my initiative roll puts my attack action after the centipedes nevertheless.
Last edited February 8, 2016 3:57 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(3) + 2 = 5

Deadly Eye Ray, necrotic damage on hit - (1d20+6, 2d6)

1d20+6 : (18) + 6 = 24

2d6 : (13) = 4

Feb 8, 2016 7:57 pm
OOC:
Toth will actually go first since he is no longer hit by the surprise round and the initiative of the Centipedes is slower than his. So Toth is up first, and has now not been attacked by a centipede swarm, so the swarms will go next.
Feb 10, 2016 12:06 am
Toth, frentically aware of the attack somehow, smashes about with his knife trying to skewer a centipede.

Rolls

Knife attack - (1d20+6)

(17) + 6 = 23

Knife damage - (1d8+4)

(3) + 4 = 7

Feb 10, 2016 3:46 am
Tosh manages to cut a swath through the falling cluster of centipedes and they avoid landing on him, almost as if he had seen the attack coming. Although their scattered numbers make them hard to hit.
OOC:
These swarms are resistant to the slashing and piercing damages, as well as bludgeoning. Half-damage from those sources.
-- Enemy Turn --

The swarm around Tosh, Squirmy, tries to claw and bite at his legs with their sharp mandibles.

The second swarm, Bugger, rushes Dead Fred and tries to much on his lifeless, but animated, corpse.

The last clump of these things, Legs, rushes Psibocorn as the only remaining ground-based target.
OOC:
It's Opera's turn next. I'll take Psibocorn's attack when his turn comes around, who did you want to target with that?
Enemies:
Squirmy: 3 dmg
Bugger: 0 dmg
Legs: 0 dmg

Rolls

Squirmy v. Tosh - (1d20+3, 4d4)

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

4d4 : (2243) = 11

Bugger v. Dead Fred - (1d20+3, 4d4)

4d4 : (4344) = 15

Legs v. Psibocorn - (1d20+3, 4d4)

1d20+3 : (11) + 3 = 14

4d4 : (1333) = 10

Feb 10, 2016 11:40 am
OOC:
Err...sorry...I had reduced the CR of these monsters but forgot to change the stats I had, the damage dice were actually half the amount (2d4), I'll re-roll them now.

Rolls

Damage v Toth - (2d4)

(12) = 3

Damage v Dead Fred - (2d4)

(34) = 7

Damage v Psibocorn - (2d4)

(24) = 6

Feb 10, 2016 4:30 pm
"Not yet, Fred! Get up!" Dead Fred goes down as the centipedes swarm him, but he goes down swinging. However it is completely ineffectual.
OOC:
This post is for the zombie ability Get Up. If I get a 15+ he has 1 HP left and will take an action as normal.
OOC:
Edit: Oh well, there's always another Fred...after a long rest.
Last edited February 10, 2016 4:32 pm

Rolls

Get Up! roll - (1d20)

(5) = 5

Feb 10, 2016 4:39 pm
Opera screeches in frustration when Fred goes down, but can't do anything to help, so she just fires her nailer at the swarm that took Fred down.

Rolls

Nailer attack - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d8+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

Feb 12, 2016 3:23 am
Opera's nailer cuts a swath through the pile of insects, but they form back up quickly.
OOC:
Damage resistance means you only do 4 damage.
Psibocorn reacts by firing an eye laser at Squirmy, just after Toth slices through the group. He hits and some of the centipedes simply rot and decay into dust.
OOC:
Necrotic damage hits for full damage. I assumed, from dialog, that Psibocorn targeted Toth's attacker since it appeared first. We are back up to Toth in the order.
Enemies:
Squirmy: 7 dmg
Bugger: 4 dmg
Feb 12, 2016 3:43 am
Frustrated that his knife isn't effective, Toth watches Dead Fred go down and not get back up. Nails fly from behind and he jiggles to stay out of the line of fire, slashing at the centipedes.

Rolls

Knife attack and damage - (1d20+6, 1d8+4)

1d20+6 : (12) + 6 = 18

1d8+4 : (4) + 4 = 8

Feb 12, 2016 4:06 pm
Toth commences to jiggling as he slices another swath through the pile of centipedes, goopy white guys coat his knife as more fall before him. The swarm is maybe half the size it once was.

-- Enemy Turn --

The mass of centipedes around Toth (Squirmy) continues assaulting the jiggling man. As their size has dwindled so does their attacking capacity. Fewer mandibles are trying to snap at Toth.

Bugger, as a group, decide to join Legs and go after Psibocorn since Fred is no longer around and Opera remains out of reach.

Legs continues to swarm around Psibocorn and snap at his legs.
OOC:
Some good damage from these bugs. It is Opera's turn now.
Enemies:
Squirmy: 11 dmg
Bugger: 4 dmg

Rolls

Squirmy v. Toth - (1d20+3, 1d4)

1d20+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

1d4 : (3) = 3

Bugger v. Psibocorn - (1d20+3, 2d4)

1d20+3 : (19) + 3 = 22

2d4 : (32) = 5

Legs v. Psibocorn - (1d20+3, 2d4)

1d20+3 : (17) + 3 = 20

2d4 : (31) = 4

Feb 17, 2016 2:29 am
Pretty short on options, Opera continues trying to stay aloft and fires again.

Rolls

Gauss nailer shot - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

1d8+3 : (3) + 3 = 6

Feb 21, 2016 6:50 pm
Psibocorn managed to not be damaged in the first few seconds of being swarmed by the vile bugs, but then they find their way beneath his laser vest and begin to gouge little discs out of his carapace. He blinks in dismay; usually he's the one doing the eating!

He blasts out with his deadly eye ray again, this time at Bugger.
OOC:
Psibocorn is down to 14 HP. Am I supposed to be adding my INT modifier to the damage for the deadly eye ray? I know I'd add the relevant ability modifier to a weapon attack, but I'm not sure about my mutation powers...
Last edited February 21, 2016 6:52 pm

Rolls

Deadly Eye Ray on bugger, necrotic damage - (1d20+6, 2d6)

1d20+6 : (7) + 6 = 13

2d6 : (12) = 3

Feb 22, 2016 6:23 pm
As Opera's nailer gun can't seem to find purchase on the broods of moving insects, Psibocorn slices through a cluster of the bugs with his eye ray.
OOC:
Toth is up next!
Enemies:
Squirmy: 11 dmg
Bugger: 7 dmg
Feb 22, 2016 10:32 pm
Toth keeps cussin an swingin, cussin and stabbin, spittin an stompin.
OOC:
Edit: Target is Squirmy
Last edited February 23, 2016 1:45 am

Rolls

1d20+6 : (8) + 6 = 14

1d8+4 : (2) + 4 = 6

Feb 22, 2016 10:45 pm
Opera flies up to the next stable landing and turns to fire back down at the squirming swarm.

"Damn bugs, barley big enough to hit.
OOC:
AKA Squirmy
Last edited February 22, 2016 10:46 pm

Rolls

Nailer Attack & Damage - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (16) + 5 = 21

Feb 23, 2016 3:50 am
Toth stomps and squishes these horrible bugs left and right. Some fall to his blade, others by his boot.
OOC:
Toth does another three damage. Resistance halved the six.
--Enemy Turn--

Squirmy tries again to make a meal of Toth, its size dwindles, but there are still many mandibles.

Legs and Bugger try to chip away at Psibocorn.

--Opera Turn--

Opera finds a better roost and gets a solid burst fire on the squirming horde around Toth.
OOC:
Another 5 from Opera. Some insects still remain in this mass.
Enemies:
Squirmy: 19 dmg
Bugger: 7 dmg

Rolls

Squirmy v Toth - (1d20+3, 1d4)

1d20+3 : (5) + 3 = 8

1d4 : (1) = 1

Bugger v Psibocorn - (1d20+3, 2d4)

1d20+3 : (11) + 3 = 14

2d4 : (13) = 4

Legs v. Psibocorn - (1d20+3, 2d4)

2d4 : (43) = 7

Feb 24, 2016 5:11 pm
Psibocorn's Psychic Shield flickers in and out of existence as the swarms of centipedes crawl all over him. The alien does NOT like Bugger's look; he looks back (with his deadly eye ray).

Rolls

Deadly Eye Ray (on Bugger), damage on hit - (1d20+6, 2d6)

1d20+6 : (15) + 6 = 21

2d6 : (32) = 5

Feb 26, 2016 4:17 am
Psibcorn's ray cuts another swath through the buggers that are trying to get through his tough exterior. The horde of crawlies seems to thin a bit. Fewer mouths to bite on this one.
OOC:
Another 5 from Psibocorn. It's Toth's turn again. The tide is starting to turn.
Enemies:
Squirmy: 19 dmg
Bugger: 12 dmg
Feb 26, 2016 9:35 pm
If Psibocorn is still conscious by his turn in the round, he will concentrate his Deadly Eye Ray on Bugger again.
OOC:
Of course, if someone else wipes out Bugger, he'll switch focus to Legs.

Rolls

1d20+6 : (13) + 6 = 19

2d6 : (64) = 10

Feb 27, 2016 3:52 pm
Toth, exhausted and thirsty, keeps attacking Squirmy. "Stop. Laffin. And. Die. Bug!"

Rolls

Filleting knife attack and damage - (1d20+6, 1d8+4)

1d8+4 : (7) + 4 = 11

Feb 28, 2016 2:55 am
Toth finally stomps and slices his way through the mass of writhing centipedes. Squirmy is no more. All that is left is a pile of bug guts and legs.

-- Enemy Turn --

Bugger and Legs continue to snap at Paibocorn, the carapace of him being quite tasty.
OOC:
Squirmy has been killed, Bugger is weakened. It is Opera's turn now.
Enemies:
Squirmy: 24 dmg (dead)
Bugger: 12 dmg

Rolls

Bugger v Psibocorn - (1d20+4, 1d4)

1d20+4 : (11) + 4 = 15

1d4 : (2) = 2

Legs v Psibocorn - (1d20+4, 2d4)

1d20+4 : (14) + 4 = 18

2d4 : (14) = 5

Feb 29, 2016 5:33 am
Trying to tilt the odds even further to her own side, Opera changes targets and fires on the swarm targeting Psibocorn (Bugger).

Rolls

Nailer Attack & Damage vs Bugger - (1d20+5, 1d8+3)

1d20+5 : (2) + 5 = 7

Mar 3, 2016 4:45 am
Opera sizes up her target but her nailer kicks awkwardly and she ends up peppering the wall past Psibocorn, missing her quarry.

Having had enough of these buggers Psobocorn cuts a large swath through the remnants of the swarm known formerly as bugger. The smell of rotting centipedes wafts through the air as the necrotic damage does its work.
OOC:
Opera missed with the nailer, but Psibocorn made short work of bugger. All that remains is Legs, which is still swarming around Psibocorn. Toth is up!
Enemies
Bugger: 22 dmg (dead)

Rolls

Secret Rolls

Secret Roll Again

Mar 3, 2016 4:52 am
Toth, hurt badly but still mobile, hesitates until he senses an opportunity. Leaping over many dead bugs, he fillet ripostes a particularly nasty wee beastie, grunting out "Yokay Psib?"

Rolls

1d20+6 : (14) + 6 = 20

1d8+4 : (3) + 4 = 7

Mar 3, 2016 5:00 am
Toth slices at one of the bigger in the swarm and skewers it through. The rest of the swarm called legs starts to sense their impending doom and dissipates. Large centipedes scuttle in every direction and move back to the shadows from whence they came.

Broken and battered you all appear safe for now, and as you turn back to the door you notice something above it. A large sickly black looking mucosal mass with a large hole in the bottom. Affixed firmly to the wall you think this may have been a nest for those horrible things. As you look at it with a slight disgust you see something shimmering inside the slimy gross sack.
OOC:
Legs has fled the battle. You are now alone in the dark of the stairwell. The door lies ahead of you, with this mass above it.
Mar 3, 2016 5:11 am
OOC:
Unless Toth doesn't have it available, he'll use a Second Wind

Rolls

Second Wind (recovery) - (1d12+2)

(8) + 2 = 10

Mar 3, 2016 9:14 am
OOC:
Everyone should have a second wind available to them.
Mar 7, 2016 9:49 am
Psibocorn waggles his head at Toth in response to his question. "Yoplait, Toth." Then he observes Toth's recuperation curiously. :::Ah yes, he is tapping into the Concordinant Energy Dimension! Good idea!:::

Psibocorn follows Toth's example. The eyes in his torso roll back, his belly/mouth goes slack, and, using an ancient Repetran meditation technique, the alien opens a tiny portal to another universe. Green energy flows through and suffuses the alien's carapace with vitality once more, there is a smell like grilled cabbage and salmon, and a slight feeling of electricity in the air. Moments later, Psibocorn is refreshed in body, though mentally he is weakened by the effort of opening and closing the portal...he won't be able to do that again for a while!

Rolls

Second wind - (1d12+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Mar 7, 2016 3:39 pm
Opera wings back own to the others. Eyeing the nest, she hesitates for a moment, but her impulse to get the shiny object overcomes her disgust at digging into a vermin nest. She gingerly reaches up and investigates whatever it is.

Rolls

Perception to check for traps - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Mar 7, 2016 4:31 pm
Opera, you don't spy any traps so you grab at the shiny object and give it a yank. It, and some other collected junk falls out of the nest with a clang. Much of it is covered in this gross slime.

Looking at the object you tugged on you find it is a laser pistol. A sleek chrome looking pistol with a weird antenna shape come out of the front. Depressing a small button on the handle fires a bolt of searing energy. Among the other junk that fell out you also find a stun baton. This collapsible baton, when extended can be switched on and it crackles with electric energy.

The rest seems mostly mundane, a hair dryer, some old roach traps, and the cloth part of a hammock.

Toth and Psibocorn both take some time to heal their wounds. The green saliva that had been dripping from the centipedes however seems to be having an effect on you. As the group opens the rusted door and finds themselves on a small landing inside the building you think this could be a good place to rest for a bit. You are getting slightly feverish and your heart, or what serves as a heart, is racing.

You both collapse to the floor in pain as the venom starts to change you.
OOC:
A few things happening here. Opera found two ancient gear items. These are more powerful items that must be tested after each use to be sure they don't break. The laser pistol does 4d6 laser damage. The stun baton is a melee weapon that does 2d6 Lightning damage.

Also Toth and Psibocorn each roll on the mutation chart to gain a new mutation. If it's on you already have and can't get it multiple times, reroll.

Last, everyone levels up twice. (I think I missed one earlier)
Mar 9, 2016 3:11 pm
Looking at the ray gun, Opera becomes preoccupied figuring out it's mechanics and doesn't see or hear the other two collapse. Once she has finished looking over the weapon she turns to the others. "Hey, this is pretty handy. It has a pretty high damage output..." She trails off when she sees her party members on the ground.

"Hey, um...you guys OK?" Opera approaches cautiously and prods Toth gently with a talon.

Rolls

HP increase - (2d12+4)

(49) + 4 = 17

Mar 10, 2016 8:12 pm
Toth stands up, spitting out great gobs of venom-laden goo. He looks at Opera, suspicion blazing in his baleful eye, then eyes the weapon, and spits again.

"Yeah? Yeah, just fine."

He wipes his hands on his gooey pants, checks his knife is sheathed, and then unshoulders his speargun, loading it. Lastly, he kicks Psibocorn mediumly to make sure it is still alive.
Mar 11, 2016 2:54 am
Psibocorn rolls over blearily and his eyes refuse to focus for a moment on anything but the tiny balls corkscrewing through the air all around him. He moves one of his appendages and watches, fascinated, as the current of the streams of balls reflect off of his manipulators as he moves them in front of his face. He spends a while observing this phenomenon, fascinated, and it is only after he notices that he can only see a short distance that he realizes that he can only see the objects that the little balls are bouncing off of...that the little balls are actually photons.

With that realization, Psibocorn drops back into normal time. From everyone else's perspective, Toth kicked him as he lay on the ground and Psibocorn was suddenly standing, with no transition between the two.

"Strange." Psibocorn nods.
Mar 11, 2016 3:19 am
As strange things abound our intrepid crew finds themselves on level 6 of this 10 level building. The stairwell is crumbled and gone further up here, but you know there has to be alternative routes up from here. Just outside the door to this stairwell is a small landing. It is a small hallway of sorts with two metal doors, separated in the middle, that just seem to lead to open shafts with no visible way up or down.

Wherever this tech came from it doesn't make much sense. There is another room off of here.
Mar 11, 2016 5:02 am
Psibocorn looks disdainfully at what he assumes are powered-down gravitic-impeller shafts. :::So primitive! And not even functional!:::

If it's still dark in here, he still carries his torch. If there is a door to this other room, he will listen at the door before opening it.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(11) = 11

Mar 12, 2016 2:35 am
There is no door into this next room. It is also pretty well lit because this whole floor has full length glass windows on all sides. It's reaching late afternoon so the room is full of lengthening shadows. They are playing off a whole slew of these small segmented walls. There are desks with decaying computer equipment on them. Inspecting one you read the ancient brand from them. Dell.
Mar 12, 2016 3:16 am
Before moving into the new room, Opera steps back to the door they just came in. Her eyes shine with a pallid green light and a crow caw belts out of her. It echoes around the room several time, then the door at the bottom level opens. Several moment later you hear a "thud, clomp" noise as another Dead Fred enters the room. The zombie escorts Opera over to the next room and they cautiously search the graveyard of the Dells.
OOC:
That is assuming this counts as a short rest?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+7)

(12) + 7 = 19

Mar 12, 2016 1:02 pm
OOC:
Whoops, forgot I was going to add a bit o fiction here for that.
After searching around this landing hallway you find a stack of old crates. Mostly filled with mundane town supplies you see something glint in one of them. Digging out a few small cans you read the label. 'X-essive Energy Drink!!!', it promises to make you feel 'as though you've had a full nights rest!'. You've heard of this incredibly rare Elixer. Drinking it gives full benefits of a long rest. There is one can for each person.
OOC:
You can take this now and get all health and stuff back, or take just the short rest now, rolling hit dice if you want to cure any wounds, and pocket the drink for later.
Mar 12, 2016 4:20 pm
Toth takes his drink and chugs it back, letting nary a drop spill or remain in the can. "That'll wash away tha bug juice."

He keeps an eye out, particularly in the ceiling and deep shadows, for more fell beasties while Opera and company search the Dell stacks.

Rolls

Perception (with Darkvision) - (1d20+0)

(17) = 17

Mar 12, 2016 7:35 pm
Toth

Looking into this room you see it pretty much expands the whole size of the floor. Interspersed pillars are the only thing to disrupt your view. You are actually able to look the 60 feet across this floor and you see an old window washing lift that can bring you higher into the building.

Looking up at the ceiling you see a drop ceiling of foam tiles. A few have crumbled and decayed away. The dark up in that ceiling is absolute and a little unnerving. Still, the room itself is well lit by the natural light, and you can see a way higher up on this building. It's only a mere sixty feet away. What could go wrong?
Mar 14, 2016 2:26 pm
Toth warily eyes the life for a moment, before pointing at it vaguely. "There's a pulley lift machine over there, looks like it is the way farther up. We just gotta take 20 or 30 steps to get there. Looks empty, but dunno."

He hefts his speargun, keeping it on the shoulder strap in case he needs to switch to his knife again, and checks to see if his companions are hale and ready to continue.
Mar 15, 2016 3:38 pm
Psibocorn pockets the elixir and waggles his head/mandibles. "The only certain way to experience it for positive is to goldly venture fifth." With that, he proceeds into the room, making his way carefully to the far window.
Mar 15, 2016 3:42 pm
OOC:
Everyone make a perception check as you enter the room.
Mar 15, 2016 3:47 pm
Psibocorn attempts to look everywhere at once...

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Mar 15, 2016 4:08 pm
As though you could actually feel their presence you know you are being watched. You can hear the footsteps behind the tiles of the ceiling. You can even see the slight bowing of the tiles as they move. You think you could dash through this room past, but you will all need to make a some quick dodges to get through it unscathed.
OOC:
everyone can make a Dex save to get through unharmed. DC 15
Mar 15, 2016 4:18 pm
Psibocorn points to the ceiling in an attempt to convey that there are hostiles up there, then runs through the room.

Rolls

Dexterity save - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Mar 15, 2016 4:23 pm
Toth warily follows Psibocorn into the room, eyeing the darkness and ceiling for trouble, ready to react at a moment's notice.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Dex save - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Mar 19, 2016 6:08 pm
Feeling the eyes upon her, Opera's feathers puff up as she tries to figure out where their enemy may be hiding. When the celing begins to bow she squawks reflexively and flaps her wings to move as fast as she can. Dead Fred shambles along as quickly as he can as well.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(13) + 5 = 18

Dex Save - (1d20+6)

(18) + 6 = 24

Mar 21, 2016 2:29 am
As Psibocorn gestures upwards he breaks into a sprint. No sooner has he crossed the threshold when a ceiling tile breaks and a small black shape falls down. He dives and weaves as the ceiling tiles all start to crumble and a rain of small black shapes fall within the room. Toth follows behind, dodging as many of the shapes as he can. As he dives and rolls over one he stands back up and finds himself toe to toe with the biggest of these shapes and he can see it is a rather large rat. A familiar rat. It was the lead rat that had comprises Quath. It's eyes shine a bright red, even in the day light streaming in they glow an insidious color. It brings its large blade to bear at Toth.

The other shapes that have hit the ground start to scuttle around and form themselves around the central rat. As they start to cover the creature you notice something strange. From behind his neck a small sapling sprouts. It's leaves are a blood red. Soon, the rat mass has covered the sampling and the central rat up. All you can see is two glowing red eyes in the center mass of Quath.

As Quath strikes out at Toth, Opera flies in and snatches him, flipping him up and out of the reach of Quath's blade. The rat mass hisses in anger. Landing with a flourish Opera, Toth, Dead Fred, and Psibocorn are now only mere feet from the lift up. Quath turns around and hisses anger one more time as he starts to charge.

What do you do?
Mar 21, 2016 4:13 pm
OOC:
How far away is Quath from the elevator thingy?
Mar 21, 2016 4:15 pm
OOC:
About 40 feet and closing. You can just get in the elevator and get out of there. Totally an option.
Mar 21, 2016 4:35 pm
Toth will say "Take the lift, I'll distract" and attack the rat swarm with his speargun, yelling "To me, ya filthy scav traitor!" He fires and scrambles to the left and forward, hopefully turning the rats away so the others can pass behind to the right.

Rolls

Speargun attack and damage on Quath - (1d20+7, 1d12+5)

1d20+7 : (11) + 7 = 18

1d12+5 : (1) + 5 = 6

Initiative - (1d20+5)

(9) + 5 = 14

Mar 21, 2016 4:56 pm
Quath's glowing red eyes fix on you, Toth. They seem uncaring and unknowing. Like the eyes of a wild crazed animal. His halberd appears out of the mass into the tangle of rats forming his hand. Your shot peppers a few rats out of the mass.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20-1)

(17) - 1 = 16

Mar 24, 2016 4:25 am
Hearing Toth's orders Opera moves toward the elevator, taking a shot at the rat swarm as she leaves. Dead Fred stays behind to help and wades into the mix, rotten fists flying.
OOC:
Edit, forgot Initiative
Last edited March 24, 2016 4:26 am

Rolls

Opera's attack and damage - (1d20+6, 1d8+3)

1d20+6 : (2) + 6 = 8

1d6+3 : (1) + 3 = 4

Initiative - (1d20+4)

(10) + 4 = 14

Apr 1, 2016 9:14 pm
OOC:
Rolling initiative for the absent Psibocorn. He will use his turn to get to the elevator and lob a shot off of his eye ray.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Eye Laser against Quath - (1d20+7, 2d6)

1d20+7 : (6) + 7 = 13

2d6 : (26) = 8

Apr 2, 2016 1:57 pm
Psibocorn runs past the other two and climbs onto the elevator platform. He charges up another strange eye laser that strikes Quath, rotting away some of the rats within his mass.

Quaths turn

The unthinking creature that is Quath glides on a mound of rats towards Toth. He isn't quite able to clear the distance in this turn, but soon he will be upon the group.

Hero Turn!
Apr 6, 2016 11:23 pm
Toth fires the speargun at the rat-tastrophe, swearing at it. He backs up while firing, attempting to give the others more room, but also trying to lure it closer to a broken window. "I gots some scavvy moldly cheese here you rat bastard. Come on, come gets a bite!"

Rolls

Speargun attack and damage - (1d20+7, 1d12+5)

1d20+7 : (3) + 7 = 10

1d12+5 : (9) + 5 = 14

Apr 8, 2016 8:55 pm
The spear flies at Quath, but the rat splits open his mass and the bolt sails clear through without hitting anything. It quickly reforms back into the vaguely humanoid shape it had a moment ago.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.