Welcome To Gamma World

load previous
Dec 31, 2015 8:22 pm
With everyone comparing their notes you are able to get into the main interface and pull back up the record of the last video feed that had played through the console. You see Trent the Tree, he is addressing the last porker who used this console.

What do you mean you are being overrun?! There were like 6 of you! Where is the General? ... [pause] General, what is going on, give me a report. [pause] It's a few outlanders and two of the more problematic citizens of Haven, what do you mean overrun! This was supposed to be a simple job. [pause] Look, I don't care how you have to do it, Mecha Hitler will be here in 24 hours, we need to get rid of them, they could ruin everything we've worked for. [pause] Just get it done!

The video cuts off at that point. The evidence is pretty damning at this point.
Jan 3, 2016 4:32 pm
"Damn scavs er always shreddin when they should be pilin." Toth spits onto the floor before looking at the robot. "Can you copy that, or play it back, or sumpin? Be nice if we have some kinna proof when we get our accuse on." He pauses. "I've got a printer in the truck."
Jan 3, 2016 6:35 pm
"I'm sure this thing has a way to copy the file to portable storage." Opera begins looking for some kind of portable disc drive.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(11) + 5 = 16

Jan 4, 2016 4:23 am
Opera, after playing with the controls more actually is able to put it onto a rudimentary holo-disk. This device will allow you to pull up a small projection of the video even when not at the console. The resolution is low, but the evidence is still obviously damning.
Jan 4, 2016 4:18 pm
Opera orders New Dead Fred in to the back of a truck and gets into the Humvee to drive it back to Haven. She waits for the others to get into their spots.

"Maybe the humvee should go first, to give Trent the impression that the bug man beat us?"
Jan 5, 2016 7:51 am
Psibocorn returns to the vehicle he arrived in and waits patiently for the driver to take him back to town.
Jan 25, 2016 4:24 pm
Once everyone is in the convoy you head back to Haven. As you approach the main gates the sentries on the wall see the humvee that is emblazoned with a fourth-reich swastika and draw arms, but they don't fire as they see it is tailed by one of the pick-up trucks.

One of them checks with a large looking glass and signals the others to open up the gates. As you pull in there is also a bit of confusion with the vehicles, but as people see you in the trucks they begin to cheer your return. Scanning the crowd you don't see Trent among them.
Jan 25, 2016 10:16 pm
"Where is Trent. We would have words with him." She hands the keys to the humvee to someone who can drive, "And take this somewhere and get it painted, or at least remove all that...that." her tone conveys disgust as she waves generally at the car.
Jan 26, 2016 12:12 am
Psibocorn waves to the crowd. "Yes, we have turned again, and now are posterior, victorious! We bring the generators for Haven!"
Jan 26, 2016 12:31 am
"Save your yappin, these scavs are probably in cahoots with Trent." Then louder for the others to hear. "Cuz all of you are wanting the Fourth Reich to come here, right? That's your plan? Or was it just that scav Trent that invited them?"
OOC:
Imma gonna roll a Conspiracy check on the locals.

Rolls

Conspiracy - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Jan 26, 2016 2:36 pm
It's hard to exactly say if they are in cahoots with Trent, but the people all seem very happy to have the generators. They begin to unload them and start carrying them to various areas. As they do one steps forward to take the humvee keys from Opera.

Trent? I haven't seen him all morning. He came by earlier and asked the two friends of yours who were still here to help him with something elsewhere in the base, the man says. His head is that of a shark on the body of a slight man. It's hard for him to sound out some of the words with a sharks tongue, but he manages none the less.

I think they were headed to the block of buildings in the center of the base, something about putting up turrets I think..., a woman chimes in. She is using one of her four arms to scratch her chin as she thinks. Yeah, I think they were going up to setup turrets or something.
OOC:
If you remember, it has been a while, I described this as a rather large base. Something the size of a couple of city blocks. It looks like it may have been founded on the crumbling foundation of a large city. A few tall buildings still stand near the center. One could be at least 15-20 stories tall. It's the tallest standing building in Haven.
Jan 26, 2016 5:05 pm
To his companions, the alien says: "I guess it's about time to go...downtown." Psibocorn retrieves his gear from the vehicles and asks Sharkman: "Is there a better way to sneak up to the tall constructions over there?" (pointing to the tall buildings) "We got a present for Trent and desire that it surprise him."
Jan 26, 2016 7:59 pm
The sharkman ponders for a second. I s'pose you could use the stairs on the other side of the building. It's the only one with a workin' elevator in it, but if you really want to surprise ol' Trent the stairs would be your best bet. Just skirt around the next block over and you should see the door on the back side of the buildin'.

He drives off in the humvee to go help some of the others hook up some new generators to flood lights and wall defenses.
Jan 27, 2016 1:28 am
"Yeah, surprise, heh," Toth says after a few awkward seconds. He grabs his few remaining spears from the truck bed and jumps out. "No rest for the thrice damned, right?" and waving the others to follow, heads for the sharkman's indicated back door. "Gotta be more than thrice."
Jan 27, 2016 2:20 am
Psibocorn follows around the block, heading for the stairs.
Jan 27, 2016 3:46 am
Opera sends Dead Fred ahead of her as they all move toward the indicated structure.
Jan 27, 2016 3:11 pm
Approaching the indicated building you find a 15 story building, chunks of it having been crumbled away either due to time, or some sort of conflict. Large holes have pieced together boards patching them closed. There are also a few shaky looking bridges constructed between this building and some more destroyed shorter buildings that surround it.

Most of the other buildings around look like they may have at one point been just as tall, or possibly taller than this but have crumbled down to mostly just the bottom few floors.

Since you have skirted the main road leading to the big front entrance to this tower you see the side road leads past the building and there is a brown rusted door that has a small plate on it. On the plate you can barely make out the letters "STA...", the rest is rusted and eroded.

The streets on this side of the building are completely empty, more than likely everyone else is still out putting in the generators for Haven's defenses.
Jan 27, 2016 5:58 pm
"So how are we going to play this? If we confront him in private we either fight it out or blackmail him into giving us privileges. Would could go round up some witnesses and make this public, but that could get messy too. We don't know how people will react. Thoughts?"
Jan 28, 2016 1:17 am
Toth spits into the dust. "I say we just take him down, simple. No need to go fussin about who might say what to whom. That's a cart / horse incongruity, my ole drinkin buddy Gorder use ta say."
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.