D&D 3.5 - Princes of the Apocalypse

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 10, 2018 11:39 pm
I want to finally run this adventure, which I got awhile ago. D&D 3.5 is my favorite edition of the game and I want to run it. Does anyone here still enjoy 3.5 and have interest in this?

I'm planning on setting it in Eberron and starting at 1st level to play around with the other adventure hooks in the adventure book.

Thanks!
Nov 11, 2018 12:48 am
I've run a small portion of it, but if that doesn't bother you, I'm in. I've never actually gotten to play 3.5e.

Fair warning, the 3.5e character sheet on GP is broken, so you'd probably want to either allow custom sheets or Pathfinder sheets for the players to use :)
Nov 11, 2018 2:52 am
Yeah, that's not a problem.

As far as the character sheet goes, I think a custom sheet with a link to a Google document would probably work. I'm sure there's a 3.5 character sheet made in Google Docs/Sheets.
Nov 11, 2018 2:56 pm
I've run the campaign IRL using Eberron, so if you want my conversion notes, I'd be happy to share them with you.
Nov 11, 2018 5:27 pm
Thanks! I'd love to take a look.
Nov 13, 2018 6:12 pm
This sounds like a lot of fun! I'm new to the board, so I don't know the etiquette or anything yet, but if love to be in on this
Nov 13, 2018 9:21 pm
Cool! So, that's 2 players interested. I'd like to get at least one more in the game before we kick it off.
Nov 14, 2018 2:33 am
I'd be interested in a few more details about when/how you'd be running the game; I've been looking for a casual 3.5e PbP fantasy group to join as a wizard/loremaster. i had played Eberron a long time ago so i'm vaguely familiar with the general setting.
Nov 14, 2018 3:54 am
It would be run play by post, here on this site, looking for about 3 posts a week per person, probably.

Is that what you mean?
Nov 15, 2018 4:27 am
well, let's roll up some characters and see how it goes... at the very least, I'll promise not to play a murder-hobo.
I'm typically online after 9pm EST
Last edited November 15, 2018 4:31 am
Nov 15, 2018 5:00 am
Cool. So I don't know how it works on this forum. Do we make a new thread with character creation rules or what?
Nov 17, 2018 6:12 am
I'll create a game forum and link you all to it and we can start & discuss there. I'll do it tomorrow.
Nov 17, 2018 8:22 pm
Count me in. 3.5e has been my favorite for ages. I started playing D&D at the beginning of 1e in '78. I've been sorely disappointed since I started on this site that so few people wanted to play 3.5e. I'll apply to the game today. Haven't looked at Eberron in a long time so I'll have to find a source for it.
Last edited November 17, 2018 9:42 pm
Nov 17, 2018 9:18 pm
Aldrusian says:
3.5e has been my favorite for ages. I started playing it at the beginning of 1e in '78. I've been sorely disappointed since I started on this site that so few people wanted to play 3.5e.
Totally agree. 3.5/PF was the high watermark for D&D for me and my IRL gaming group (we just started a new 3.5 campaign this fall). If I wasn't running a PotA 5e game, I'd jump at applying to play this.
Nov 17, 2018 9:29 pm
I've never played 3.5e, but I love Pathfinder, so I wanted to give this a shot
Nov 17, 2018 10:46 pm
I don't see the game on the games list anymore. Earlier I found I couldn't enter any new games because I was already in ten. More recently I was able to join a couple more. Is there a limit? I have my character finished and would like to submit it if I'm invited to play. I moved over an old character from an old site and brushed him off. One of the first characters I ever developed for the portal, Paris Quicksilver, a Ranger. It's been about 20 years since I made him and would like to play him again.
Nov 17, 2018 11:05 pm
There isn't such a smallish limit to the number of games. I'm in more than 20, and have been in at least 24 at a time.
Nov 18, 2018 3:25 am
Where do you want us to roll dice?
Nov 18, 2018 3:27 am
I'm not aware of a limit, either.

But, I saw you did get applied and I did add you, Aldrusian. I'm excited there's so much interest! 3.5 is the game that brought me into this hobby and, while I'm fully aware that the game has its flaws, I really do enjoy playing it. It's telling that my 3.5 collection is still the biggest across all my games.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.