The Evil Dedd steps in from outside

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 15, 2018 6:27 pm
Hey folks, I just stumbled upon this pretty cool looking site today and thought I’d give it a whirl.

I’ve been involved in role-playing games for a long long time, however these days I don’t have a lot of spare time to indulge in tabletop role-playing, let alone the fact that because I live quite remotely in the countryside, finding a gaming group out here is not the easiest thing in the world.

Even outwith that to be entirely honest, the medium of PbP as a whole is something that I find to be more appealing than playing face to face as part of a tabletop. I love writing, be it writing fiction or creating deep and intricate characters with whom I can write for and take on their own personal journey as part of an exciting narrative. At heart I’m a storyteller and always will be - I live for my writing and I take a lot of delight in creating immersive worlds and exciting adventures - PbP allows me to scratch that itch in a way that few other mediums do.

Ultimately, I enjoy GM’ing and telling stories and adventures, over time I sincerely hope that I can do that here. I’ll certainly be looking forward to creating a game in the near future and seeing where we go with it. For the meantime though, I’ll be looking to dip my toes in and find a game or two to be a part of.

I’m glad to be here and looking forward to being a part of the community - hopefully we will have many interesting and exciting tales to share in the days and weeks to come.
Nov 15, 2018 6:32 pm
Welcome! I don't think you'll have much trouble finding games here :)

What systems are you most familiar with?
Nov 15, 2018 6:35 pm
Prettty much all D&D though I spend most of my time playing 3.5 and 5e. I’m also familiar with Pathfinder. I know a little bit about Fate but could probably use a bit of a brush up on my knowledge.

Outside of that I enjoy all types of fantasy and sci-fi style games. I’m also partial to a bit of cyber and steampunk. In all honesty I’m willing to try most things.
Nov 15, 2018 7:36 pm
Welcome The_Evil_Dedd! Lots of D&D goes on here, mostly 5e and PF, so you'll have no trouble finding players of you start a game. Watch the Games Tavern forum for LFP posts if you want to join one first.
Nov 15, 2018 8:33 pm
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Nov 16, 2018 12:32 am
Welcome to the community, The_Evil_Dedd!
Nov 17, 2018 3:05 am
Hello and welcome to the site!
Nov 18, 2018 8:54 pm
Hello and welcome!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.