Targos

load previous
Dec 4, 2018 9:54 pm
Zenithral shivers and quickly tosses the weapons behind some bushes or something; somewhere nearby where he'll be able to find them, but villainous hands won't quite as easily. He casts light on a stone and hurls it into the slightly open door, then swings it open a moment later, looking for any sign of an intruder's whereabouts.

(Takes the Dodge, unless he needs to use his action to Search)
Last edited December 4, 2018 9:55 pm

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+7)

(12) + 7 = 19

Dec 4, 2018 11:51 pm
Within the town hall, Zenithral sees a small foyer with a desk against one wall and several doors. There are two human corpses dumped in a corner, each wearing militia insignia. From the blood still pooling at floor, they have not been there long.

The door to the right is slightly ajar.
Dec 4, 2018 11:58 pm
Ellis brings Simeon into the hall, leading him by the Hand. "It's not one of his better days." He seems to take some comfort with Erevain's presence, but he eyes Vincent warily. "And where would you like us to be, sir... Vincent?"
Dec 5, 2018 12:04 am
Alalla and Ras sprint down the streets of Targos, but their journey is cut short when they stumble upon several militia soldiers being led by none other than Pomab. The Calishite merchant nearly falls flat on his face as Alalla skids into him. "Aaah! By the Pasha's own... You! What are you doing running about alone in the middle of the night - especially one such as this? I might have thought you were an orc trying to murder me!" He straightens his robes self-importantly.
Dec 5, 2018 12:08 am
Throwing caution to the wind, Zenithral knocks an arrow and kicks open the door, ready to fire if anything shows itself. (He positions himself to be partially blocked by the doorway to give himself half-cover)

HP 92/92 + 15 temp HP
AC 19 + 2 from cover
Dec 5, 2018 12:13 am
"Hunting murdering orcs, as it happens." Alalla looks between him and the militia men. "Whine your way into leadership Pomab? Where are you off to?"
Dec 5, 2018 12:19 am
Zenithral finds a stairway leading up to the second floor. A sudden roar reaches his ears - not one of man or monster, but that of fire. The building rumbles slightly.
Dec 5, 2018 12:23 am
Vincent shrugs, "You might as well get comfortable. Let's just all try to stay in the same room. I remember small talk being nice. Though, I haven't had much practice in some time you see. So, tell me a bit about yourself and this fair city. It's my first time visiting. I don't think this city was here last time I visited."
Vincent, now more alone, prepares for the chance of battle. He refreshes his mage armor, and elemental weapon, then settles in for a good long chat about nothing important.

HP:96/81
AC:18
Last edited December 5, 2018 12:24 am
Dec 5, 2018 12:23 am
Pomab chuckles. He seems to be in a surprisingly good mood for the circumstances. "Whine! You must know by now that I am royalty." He smirks. "These guards are seeing to my needs. With the orcs slaughtering each other out there, they're hardly needed at the walls."

He eyes Alalla. "You don't look well. A little stressed, perhaps?"
Dec 5, 2018 12:28 am
As they move into a room, Erevain discreetly checks the window. "This town has been here longer than you think. Icewind Dale has always known its share of rogues who want to leave the rest of the world behind. What brought you here, in the beginning?"
Dec 5, 2018 12:34 am
Alalla looks at the men again. "If Pomab's convinced you he needs servants, you've been duped. You think royalty would come to the Dale on purpose? If Commander Crale assigned you, I'm sorry."

Alalla gives Pomab a flat look. "There's an army outside the gates. When they're done with each other they will be coming here. Only you would be relaxed." Al goes to move by. "Now, I have to get back to orc hunting."
Last edited December 5, 2018 12:35 am
Dec 5, 2018 12:40 am
From their frowns, the guards don't seem particularly pleased either. Pomab rolls his eyes and waves Alalla and Ras away. "Well, best of luck in your hunt. I have extremely important business of my own to get to."
Dec 5, 2018 12:45 am
Alalla grinds her teeth. People better not die because Pomab had to take the opportunity to try to look important. She continues on to the mayor's home as quick as she can.
Dec 5, 2018 12:46 am
Zenithral's eyes go wide and flash white. So much for giant hunting... His hair streams white and spectral wings sprout from his back. He runs forward, leaps off of the wall of the stairwell and soars up to the second floor, hoping to find any survivors before the building collapses. "Hello?! Is anyone here?!" he cries out.
Dec 5, 2018 12:55 am
With a chuckle Vincent replies, "I was a rogue of sorts who succeeded in escaping the world. Things were...darker then. More primal, less civilized. Many made deals then tried to back out when they realized what was due. As to what brought me to the area, the answer is as old as time. A woman. The woman. There has never been her match and no pedestal high enough..." Vincent trails off into an uncomfortable silence deep in thought.
Last edited December 5, 2018 1:19 am
Dec 5, 2018 11:09 pm
At the top of the stairway Zenithral is met with intense heat. Looking down the hall, he sees the walls lined with biting flames. There is another orc corpse on the floor, and at the far end is the smoky form of another hooded figure trying to force its way through a door. It glances back towards the archer, and Zenithral makes out the porcine features of another orc assassin.
Dec 5, 2018 11:18 pm
Erevain nods. "I don't remember the world being so dark back then, but my own mind certainly was. I am not sure whether it is clearer now because of my being returned to life, with all illnesses erased, or if it is simply because my life has more purpose to it than before." He checks the window again. "Women bring out the best in us, I suppose." His eyes narrow. "I believe we have company, though I am not sure why. Perhaps they are checking on the broken door downstairs."

Footsteps sound from the shop floor below. Ellis shifts uncomfortably, no doubt wary at the thought of strangers poking around his crafts.
Dec 5, 2018 11:24 pm
Zenithral growls, eyes glowing fiercely. Arrows fly into his hands one after another. One slides off the orc's armor and the other flies right by its head. The other two hit home and burst with radiance and shadow. (Target takes 47 damage and must make a DC 15 Wisdom saving throw or be unable to see further than 5 feet for a turn.) Zenithral braces himself for the flames and tries to kick off the wall, but it gives way and he falls prone before scrambling again to his feet.

92/92 HP + 15 THP
19 AC
OOC:
Accidentally added sharpshooter damage to the War Priest attack. Should be fixed above
Last edited December 5, 2018 11:36 pm

Rolls

Longbow 1, 2 & 3 (Sharp) - (1d20+7, 1d20+7, 1d20+7)

1d20+7 : (8) + 7 = 15

1d20+7 : (1) + 7 = 8

1d20+7 : (5) + 7 = 12

War Priest Longbow - (1d20+12)

(12) + 12 = 24

Longbow 1 Damage if it hits - (1d8+15)

(3) + 15 = 18

War Priest Longbow Damage - (1d8+28)

(5) + 28 = 33

UH OHS. FUMBLE - (1d100)

(36) = 36

Dex Save (Don't Crash...) - (1d20+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Shadow Arrow - (2d6)

(24) = 6

Dec 5, 2018 11:39 pm
Zenithral's slip costs him some burns (6 🔥 damage), but the arrows hit home. The orc staggers under the impacts, but then chokes out a spell. Zenithral finds himself enveloped in magical darkness, but he still hears the creak of a windowsill on the landing behind him. There is at least one other creature immediately near to him.

Rolls

Zen fire damage from falling - (2d6)

(24) = 6

Orc DC 15 wisdom save - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Mystery roll - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Dec 5, 2018 11:50 pm
Alalla rounds a street corner and sees the town hall. Flames flicker within the windows on the second floor, pouring smoke out into the night sky.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.