Targos

load previous
Jan 20, 2019 10:33 pm

Rolls

Arcana (lets pretend Al knows anything about magic) - (1d20-1)

(19) - 1 = 18

Jan 20, 2019 11:09 pm
Looking at the portal, Vincent tries to figure out as much as he can about it as he can.

Rolls

Arcana check - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Jan 21, 2019 1:19 am
Alalla isn't sure what to look for to determine when the door might disappear, but upon the desk she can see an open case with a number of stones arrayed in it - and each one appears very similar to the sending stone given to her by Poquelin - and the one just found in Pomab's ashes. Beside the case rest some papers, an ink pot, and a quill.

Vincent's best guess is that the door has been present for some time - at least forty-five minutes, perhaps more. Spending any time in the room will be a risk, but there is a more than decent chance that a minute or so would be fine.
OOC:
To be clear, right now if you enter the room at all there is a very small chance that you won't make it out in time. We would roll for it. The time you spend in there increases the chance that it closes, starting at 5%.
Jan 21, 2019 1:28 am
"Stay here kids, I got this. I repeat, do not follow me, it's not safe for you."

With that, Vincent jumps into the portal. He dashes in, and without thought takes anything that looks important, valuable, or of interest, and throws it back through the portal behind him.

...60...ok, I'm out of here

Having had enough risk, Vincent jumps back through the portal after everything else he tossed through.
Last edited January 21, 2019 1:30 am
Jan 21, 2019 1:56 am
"I don't know if-" Alalla cuts off as Vincent enters. She waits attentively, glaive in one hand and flaming sword in the other. She kicks farther into the warehouse anything Vincent chucks out of the door.
Jan 21, 2019 2:38 am
When Vincent steps through the doorway he realizes he has made a grievous error. A spellcaster powerful enough to create their own demiplane certainly has means enough to guard their study with nasty countermeasures.

He passes through the door and a symbol begins to glow beneath his feet. Immediately a powerful spell assault his mind, but he manages to resist it. The glyph grows brighter, and the light spreads through the open doorway to shine on Alalla. She collapses to the floor, unconscious (Alalla is asleep, not bleeding out or anything).

"H-hello."

This far into the room. Vincent can see a beautiful woman sitting cross-legged on a four poster bed to his left. She has midnight black skin, stark white hair, golden eyes, and elvish features. Drow.

Her eyes are wide with shock, but she says nothing more.

The symbol shows no sign of dimming.
OOC:
By this time the illusion of the crate has disappeared, so everyone can probably hear and see Al's body hit the ground.

Rolls

Vince wisdom save DC 20 (adv) - (1d20+7, 1d20+7)

1d20+7 : (16) + 7 = 23

1d20+7 : (8) + 7 = 15

Al wisdom save DC 20 - (1d20+1)

(1) + 1 = 2

Jan 21, 2019 3:04 am
"Hello, I'm Vincent. I have a knack of ending up in the right place at the right time. If I hadn't, we never would have met beautiful."

Tapping his foot on the sigil, he continues, "Unfortunately I don't think we have long before I am at your mercy. Come on out and let's get to know each other a little better. Besides, Pomfab is dead and this gate is going to close any minute. I hope I get see you soon. Bye!"

And with that Vincent jumps back out of the portal not having grabbed anything. Seeing Al on the floor, he tries to pull her away from the portal.
Last edited January 21, 2019 3:12 am

Rolls

Strength check - (1d20-1)

(6) - 1 = 5

Jan 21, 2019 6:00 pm
Looking through the doorway, Zenithral casts mage hand and tries to close the case of stones and carry it out through the portal.

When Alalla falls, Zenithral tries to run up and catch her, but fails. He winces as she hits the ground, crouches down, and tries to shake her awake. "Alalla?!"

Rolls

Arcana (Anything Zenithral knows about the place? Or anything valuable he spots?) - (1d20+7)

(14) + 7 = 21

Jan 21, 2019 7:57 pm
The drow woman blinks, but says nothing. She leans over to watch Vincent move back through the portal, and he notices that her dark skin hides bruises. She does not move from the bed.

Vincent tries to move Alalla, but a plate of her greave catches on the frame of the door. Zenithral manages to shake her awake, but she immediately falls asleep again. Fortunately, Vincent is able to resist the spell a second time, and then succeeds in pulling Alalla clear of the door.

Meanwhile Zenithral's conjured hand shuts the case of sending stones, but struggles to lift it. The archer also notices several more glyphs on the floor about the room, as yet untriggered. Obviously this is not a place to tread lightly.

That is the last thought that occurs to Zenithral before he also passes out in the doorway.

Rolls

Vincent wis save DC 20 - (1d20+7, 1d20+7)

1d20+7 : (6) + 7 = 13

1d20+7 : (20) + 7 = 27

Al wis save DC 20 - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Zen wisdom save DC 20 (2 saves) - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (15) + 3 = 18

1d20+3 : (8) + 3 = 11

Jan 21, 2019 8:08 pm
Erevain steps forward quickly and grabs Zenithral's hand and pulls him back into the warehouse and out of that pulsing light from the glyph, then shakes him awake.

Next he grabs Alalla pulls her aside wakes her. Might as well use his action surge?

Rolls

Mystery roll - (3d20)

(9415) = 28

Jan 21, 2019 8:19 pm
"ZzzzZzzz...hrgh?
Last edited January 21, 2019 8:20 pm

Rolls

Am I a Half-elf? (Inspiration) - (1d20+3)

(7) + 3 = 10

Is that supposed to happen? (Arcana) - (1d20+7)

(2) + 7 = 9

Jan 21, 2019 8:51 pm
Alalla curses as she stirs, then puts a hand to her head as she rises. "What..? Cursed magic..." She retrieves her weapons and does a headcount. "Seal the door," Al orders. "I won't lose anyone to Pomab's tricks."
Last edited January 21, 2019 8:52 pm
Jan 21, 2019 9:41 pm
Vincent goes up to Erevain, "Hey, you're immune to this magic. There is a woman being kept captive in there. The portal has about 10 mins before it closes. Are you willing to go save her life?"
Jan 21, 2019 9:45 pm
Erevain glances in the direction of the door, then looks at Alalla, but directs his words to Vincent. "Is Alalla the leader, or not? She says to shut the door."
Jan 21, 2019 9:47 pm
Alalla frowns. "I didn't know anyone was in there." She looks at Erevain. "It's your choice. It's probably time to re-evaluate my leadership soon anyway."
Jan 21, 2019 9:48 pm
"Well, I felt the magic of the trap within. You are the only one who can withstand it's power. It almost overcame my significant mental defences. Ultimately, it's your life and up to you. I can't go back in there. Her life is in your hands."

With that Vincent walks away and pulls out Pomfab's magical items and takes a look through them.
Last edited January 21, 2019 9:54 pm
Jan 21, 2019 10:13 pm
With Alalla's consent, Erevain tosses her his broadsword and dashes back into the light, through the door, and into the room.

A moment later there is a flash of green light as Erevain sets off another magical trap. Surprisingly, it is an orcish curse that the companions hear him utter. "I am stuck! And soon, I fear I shall be worse!"
OOC:
To be clear, approaching the door means stepping into the light of the first trap. The second trap seems to have been instantaneous.

Rolls

Erevain Con save DC 20 - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Jan 21, 2019 11:10 pm
Alalla drops her weapons and darts towards the door. She draws her belt knife with one hand, and pulls her rope from the side of her pack with the other as she goes. She leaves one end of the rope trailing behind her. When she feels the magic taking hold of her senses she plunges it between the plates on her thigh, and the pain keeps her awake.
Last edited January 21, 2019 11:37 pm

Rolls

Wisdom save - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Jan 21, 2019 11:27 pm
Alalla feels the magic take hold once more, but the pain of her knife gives her a few moments of lucidity as she continues forward to the door (Al takes 7 damage).

About ten feet into the room, Erevain stands with rigid feet. For some reason, his whole body, clothes included, is tinged a muddy gray. Straining, he looks back over his shoulder at Alalla, and she can see gray veins creeping up his neck. "A spell of petrification!"

Alalla is able to take a turn before she collapses, but her movement is used up.

Rolls

Knife damage - (1d4+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Erevain Con save DC 20 - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Jan 21, 2019 11:31 pm
Alalla throws the rope and it's looped end lands neatly around Erevain's slender elvish waist. As soon as it makes contact Alalla yanks with all her strength.
Last edited January 21, 2019 11:36 pm

Rolls

Athletics - (1d20+10)

(16) + 10 = 26

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.