Targos

load previous
Dec 3, 2018 3:14 am
"You!" Crale rubs his blonde beard. "Well, the mayor wasn't lying when he said you'd changed. I don't think you could have simply waltzed out the gate and murdered an orc war chief back when you were properly in the militia." He cocks his head and listens to the battle raging outside the walls. "Those green vermin had better keep at it all night. I'll sleep better knowing they're gutting themselves!"

He claps Alalla on the shoulder and walks off barking more orders.
Dec 3, 2018 3:16 am
"Well, that would be Anton. He's just over there! But... shouldn't we tell Commander Crale?" He grimaces. "And please, just get out of my head!"
Dec 3, 2018 3:29 am
"Very well, send a messanger to fetch him and meet us over by Anton. Let's go."

Not waiting for Barrel Man to send a messenger, Vincent grabs one of Barrel Man's arms and pulls him toward the Quartermaster.

"Barrel Master! A poor woman's corpse was found in this fine barrel here. We assume it was you who killed her and stole all of her belongings. Turn yourself over now and confess what you have done before Barrel Man here. The truth now, quickly."
Last edited December 3, 2018 3:29 am

Rolls

Intimation to tell truth with advantage - (1d20+7, 1d20+7)

1d20+7 : (19) + 7 = 26

1d20+7 : (13) + 7 = 20

Dec 3, 2018 3:44 am
"Indeed." Alalla salutes as her commander departs, then breathes out of her nose slowly. That got a little close.

"I'm pretty worn out, melindo." She doesn't look at Erevain while she speaks. "I'm going to go try and sleep some of this off."
Last edited December 3, 2018 3:45 am
Dec 3, 2018 3:55 am
Anton seems to be falling asleep at his desk under a pavilion, but jerks upright at Vincent's presence. "Eh?!" His eyes don't seem to focus quite right on the shady character. "Oh! Yes, I know that barrel! She's as sturdy as they come. Good Galloway stock, made to stay tight even if one of Deirdre's caravans gets overturned on the road. Must have come in with the last recquisition."

He blinks. "Murder? Why, I can hardly even lift my quill these days. Look at these paws!" He holds up his hands, both of which are extremely knotted. "How am I supposed to kill anyone with these? But you think they're bad? You should see my feet!"

He starts taking off his shoes. With such disfigured hands, it could take a while, and judging by the smell of him from here, his feet might smell worse than Ug's loincloth - which is to say, possibly capable of killing a middle-aged halfling woman.
Dec 3, 2018 4:01 am
Erevain nods. "That... would be wise, sharuhk. I am familiar with the strain on the body that comes from..." He pauses. "I am sorry we could not convince more of the orcs to follow a peaceful solution."
Dec 3, 2018 4:04 am
Alalla stiffens at the name, her eyes darting about quickly. "I didn't really expect to be able to." Al pinches the bridge of her nose. "None of that went like I expected."
Dec 3, 2018 4:07 am
"I should expect not... I did not think you would challenge the chief - not without your friends behind you." His tone is nearly scolding. "You must be careful, sharuhk."
Dec 3, 2018 4:32 am
Alalla switches to Elvish. "It was unavoidable." Using the new language is hard, and her halting words betray the anger her face and tone hides. "And that name is as likely to get me killed as anything else right now, so I'll kindly skip the lesson on caution."

Alalla runs a hand over her face. "My blood is still pumping. I need to meditate the lust away before I can speak to you the way you deserve. Maybe get something to eat, and come find me when you're done. I'll be in the barracks."
Dec 3, 2018 4:35 am
Erevain grimaces. "Of course! You would not want others to hear your... other language." He smiles. "I will see you in a few minutes."
Dec 3, 2018 11:48 am
Wincing and the Barrel Master's...disconfiguration, he responds. "You should really have a druid take a look at that. The one over there is quite capable." Vincent points out a sullen Ras sitting under a tree cuddling the cloak.

"Who had access to these barrels, Barrel Master? Certainly fine barrels such as these were kept under lock and key?"
Last edited December 3, 2018 11:49 am
Dec 3, 2018 1:04 pm
Anton rubs at his nose with the back of a twisted hand. "Um, well. No, actually. They've just kind of been out. I thought it was filled with beans or the like." He leans forward, lazy eye staring past Vincent's ear. "But you could go speak with Deirdre Galloway in her trade depot further into town. She's a tough cookie, but she knows these barrels better than anyone." He shifts uncomfortably. "Just don't mention her scar..."
Dec 3, 2018 1:09 pm
"We all have scars Barrel Master. It's just some are easier to hide. Barrel Man, take me to the Barrel Maker. I have to praise her workmanship personally. And gain insight into the murdering thieves."

Thinking it over, Vincent changes his mind.

"No, we must be smart about this. Barrel Man, you need to post a guard on that body, and inform your superior on our progress before we may take our leave of the scene."
Last edited December 3, 2018 1:36 pm
Dec 3, 2018 3:50 pm
The tower complete, Ug climbs to the top and inspects for sturdiness and safety. He then glances out at the enemy army for any signs of movement.

Rolls

Survival - (1d20+6)

(14) + 6 = 20

Dec 3, 2018 4:38 pm
It is hard for Ug to see much in the darkness, but from the hundred or so campfires fires among the camped army, he can make out scenes of terrible violence. As far as he can tell, there is no movement toward the walls.
Dec 3, 2018 4:42 pm
Isherwood throws up his hands. "Like I've been saying! I'd always heard that masters of their craft were eccentric, but you've really proved it. Maybe you should just let then militia and guard figure this one out?"

He leaves to go find Commander Crale.
Dec 3, 2018 5:06 pm
Zenithral finds Ras. "Rastix, my good gnome. We have another important mission. The army has giants. They're easily the most dangerous thing out there, as they could tear down the palisade rather quickly. I need a pair of eagle eyes to spot the giants and a pair of eagle wings to get me out there. What do you say?" Fluphy floats nearby, spinning and waving his tendrils.
Dec 3, 2018 5:06 pm
"WHAT?!? The guard in this city isn't corrupted? Now this I've got to see." Vincent follows along for a bit before getting distracted by the body lying on the ground.

Sitting down on the ground next to the body, Vincent pulls out a piece of paper and writes her name on it in flowing script. With a light from prestidigitation, the paper ignites and Vincent inhales some of the smoke and exhales a prayer. "Guide her."

Walking over to the base of the archery tower, Vincent looks up and asks Zen a question.

Zen, you might want to come take a look at this dead lady."

Zen feels like he can respond telepathically.
Last edited December 3, 2018 5:23 pm
Dec 3, 2018 5:10 pm
Zenithral is observing the army, concocting a plan to take out the giants. He looks around. Poor lady...? My skills...? Someone was shot inside the palisade?! Well, anyone with a bow could do that...where did you find her?"
Dec 3, 2018 5:22 pm
"Back at the range. It looks like you shot her. She was in one of the barrels. I don't think you dealt the killing blow, but all the same, you may see more than I did."

Vincent leads Zen to the body.
Last edited December 3, 2018 5:22 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.