Gamers' Plane is old enough to start school!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 1, 2018 9:54 pm
I feel like this is a story I tell every year, but five years ago, I started up Gamers' Plane for the last and final time, after having failed at getting it going a few times. Well, I put it up, and after a predictably slow start, it really got going in ways I couldn't believe, linking me to a community I can't believe has accepted me. You all have been amazing to me, and I'm sorry this last year hasn't seen the most movement on the site. But hopefully that'll change into the near future.

Anyway, the last year in stats:

- 1,469 joined the site (and activated their account, and didn't gt banned!)
- 1,804 people were active in the last year
- 631 games were created
- 3,259 characters made
- 143,069 posts in 3,477 threads

Any other numbers you think are important?

Unfortunately, no contest this year. I feel like I haven't really been working on the site as much as I should have been this last year, for various reasons, and I feel like I've disconnected a bit from the community because of it.

That said, a few days ago, I decided I'm gonna start doing a Giving Tuesday every week. On Monday evenings, I'll start a thread where people can submit charities, organizations, creators, designers, people who work in the background and just don't get recognition, etc, and I'll donate $25 to them. There will be the caveat of it'll have to be something I can personally support, since it is my money, but I'm pretty open minded. With that, I'm gonna look into putting together some prizes myself (probably at least a gift card to each of the 3 groups I have referral links with on the bottom of the site).

Here's to another, hopefully way better, year!
Dec 1, 2018 10:00 pm
Woot! Thanks, Keleth, for the amazing site. I have spent WAY too many hours here slacking off at work and neglecting my duties. Here's hoping for many more hours spent that way!

How do those numbers compare to the previous year?
Dec 1, 2018 10:02 pm
Last year:

So all that said, thank you all so much for an amazing year, including
- 827 new members
- 380 games started (some test games, so the number is lower)
- 2457 new characters created
- 152,992 posts across 3206 threads

Fewer posts, but more games and people. A bunch of spammers this year too.
Dec 1, 2018 10:09 pm
Thanks for keeping the wheels on for another year, Keleth! It's become an anticipated part of my life.
Dec 1, 2018 11:56 pm
Spammers are just a sign of popularity, so... congratulations!? :-)
Dec 2, 2018 2:07 am
Congrats! You've done great work, here.
Dec 2, 2018 2:45 am
I always enjoy the yearly update. Definitely a vibrant community. As usual thanks dude.
Dec 2, 2018 11:36 am
Gross; now we have to bathe it so it doesn't become the stinky kid in class.

Thank you, Keleth for providing this wonderful outlet. And thank you to everyone else for making the community what it is.
Dec 2, 2018 2:09 pm
I started about one year ago on this site and have been overjoyed by the community and the site itself, Keleth. You don't give yourself nearly enough credit: this site works very, very well and is not encumbered by some of the trappings found at other PbP sites. I can't imagine playing anywhere else with any other group of people.
Dec 2, 2018 9:28 pm
Keleth says:
- 1,469 joined the site (and activated their account, and didn't gt banned!)
That happens a lot?
Dec 2, 2018 10:48 pm
Congrats and thanks Keleth...I've been a member of the site a year this month and have loved every minute.
Dec 3, 2018 11:00 am
Congratulations to you and this community. I really can't thank you enough for providing this place. It has brought me back to the hobby and I'm even in a game in the real, live, meatspace world because of it. I have had some of the best roleplay experiences of my life on this site.

I know this year had some issues, but you persevered. The site is better than ever in my opinion and I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say I look forward to what you have in store for us with v2.

Gamersplane is literally my online home. Thanks, Keleth!
Dec 4, 2018 11:16 am
I am fairly new here but I have a had a wonderful time so far. Everybody is great! Congratulations and many thanks to the site administrators!
Dec 4, 2018 2:13 pm
Congradulations on so many years of success and community! Thus us my first year herr and I am looking forward to many more!
Dec 6, 2018 5:38 pm
I've been gaming here for a couple of months now and really appreciate the breadth and variety of players I have found here. I played for nearly 20 years on another site that has recently been falling on hard times since its admin packed it in so it's been with great pleasure that I have found this place. I spent my lifetime in manufacturing as a buyer and inventory analyst which trained me to look very closely at everything in my environment. You will find that I tend to pick things apart. That is not me being nasty, it's me being picky and wanting everything that I find to be the best it can be. I won't bother you all by going into detail here but there are a number of things that I've seen that could be improved. Suffice it to say that this place is much too big for one person to handle in fine detail. Since I don't have the skills to do the kind of work necessary I have to rely on others. I can only analyze and recommend from a user standpoint. If anyone with the skills and authority wish to hear anything from me, please don't hesitate to ask.
Dec 6, 2018 6:58 pm
Aldrusian says:
I've been gaming here for a couple of months now and really appreciate the breadth and variety of players I have found here. I played for nearly 20 years on another site that has recently been falling on hard times since its admin packed it in so it's been with great pleasure that I have found this place. I spent my lifetime in manufacturing as a buyer and inventory analyst which trained me to look very closely at everything in my environment. You will find that I tend to pick things apart. That is not me being nasty, it's me being picky and wanting everything that I find to be the best it can be. I won't bother you all by going into detail here but there are a number of things that I've seen that could be improved. Suffice it to say that this place is much too big for one person to handle in fine detail. Since I don't have the skills to do the kind of work necessary I have to rely on others. I can only analyze and recommend from a user standpoint. If anyone with the skills and authority wish to hear anything from me, please don't hesitate to ask.
I always welcome feedback. The site is not even remotely in the edges of perfect, and I have tried to find people to assist, but as a site that doesn't earn money, just a passion project, understandly it's hard to get. However, not all assistance need be technical; there's a lot else a site needs.
Dec 9, 2018 11:56 pm
Congrats, Keleth, and thank you!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.