1st Storm: The Long Claw of the Law.

load previous
Apr 17, 2020 7:29 am
OOC:
Is it the same gold scales colors than Edouard saw on Cheng?
Apr 17, 2020 1:56 pm
Toby steps forward after Suzhen has finished speaking. "It’s a pleasure to meet you, Fei Lung. Suzhen has told us a little about you but, I confess, I am still very much awed by your presence." Knowing how much Suzhen likes compliments, Toby endeavours to flatter Fei Lung as much as possible in the hopes of lowering his defences. "The three of us have been fighting against the Ordo Draconis for some time now and, tonight, Edouard witnessed a golden dragon tear apart their ranks with remarkable ferocity and strength. We’re here because we’d like to offer our praises to this mighty dragon, and maybe help them destroy the rest of the Ordo once and for all. Being a gold dragon yourself, we were hoping you might be the dragon Edouard saw or, if not, you might know of them."
Apr 17, 2020 5:16 pm
OOC:
@ Édaourd: It's hard to say because of the different lightning conditions (light bulbs in a basement at night versus bright daylight on a mountain), but it does look pretty much the same...
Fei Lung est satisfait de savoir que l'Ordo Draconis à reçut un dur coup et se prépare à rompre sa connection avec les lignes telluriques. Puis, quand Toby parle de l'autre dragon qui à attaqué l'Ordo Draconis, Fei Lung demande si vous connaissez l'identité de cet autre dragon...

"The Ordo Draconis has been defeated? Oh, that's wonderful news. I knew I could count on you. I'll go ahead and sever my connection to the ley lines, there is no further need for the ritual.".

Then as Toby steps forward and addresses Fei Lung "Ah, I see your friends are well-mannered. Yes, a good thing. Another gold dragon you say? I think I might know of whom you are speaking of... Do you have a name for this other dragon?".
Apr 17, 2020 9:42 pm
"Went by the name of Cheng. I got a picture here of the human face he was using." Edouard answers are short and his tone restrained. He pull out the picture of Cheng from his phone (either the robot-portrait or an image from the video he shot, whichever is better).
Apr 18, 2020 12:36 am
Fei Lung semble avoir rencontré ce dragon dans le passé, peut de temps après la mort du Dragon qui siégeait au Conseil. Il avait pour plan d'infiltrer l'Ordo Draconis et de le détruire de l'intérieur. Fei Lung n'avait pas eu de nouvelle de "Cheng" depuis longtemps et avait supposé qu'il avait échoué...

Fei Lung approaches his enormous head to have a better look at your tiny (compared to him at least) smartphone "Hmm, yes, that does seem to be him. He approached me some time after the death of the Dragon which sat on the Council. His plan was to use his human guise to infiltrate the Ordo Draconis and destroy it from within. I had not heard from him in a long time, I had assumed he failed. So he took advantage of the confusion as well hmm?".
Apr 18, 2020 1:00 am
"So it seems. Do you have any idea where we might find him?"
Apr 18, 2020 1:13 am
"Yea, he assembled as many Ordo in one spot as he could, called their enemies on them and them proceeded to murder everyone at the scene. I left at that part. I dunno if he plans to stay infiltrated or not after that."
Apr 18, 2020 2:41 am
Le grand dragon semble être satisfait des nouvelles qu'il à entendu. Il ne semble pas savoir où se trouve l'antre de l'autre dragon, et croit aussi que on infiltration de l'Ordo Draconis va probablement prendre fin: l'occasion est trop bonne pour faire quitter l'organisation à Cheng sans soulever de questions car il peut avoir "été tué" dans l'attaque contre l'Ordo Draconis...

The great dragon coiled back, looking pleased at what he had heard "He found me, not the other way around, I'm afraid I cannot help you there. My guess is that he will have made it look like his alter-ego, this "Cheng" personae was also killed by those enemies. If he is smart, that is. This is what I would do were I in his place... and with the blow just dealt to the Ordo Draconis, I no longer see the need for him to infiltrate them anymore."
Apr 18, 2020 3:17 am
Suzhen decided to bring up the other matter they were hoping to resolve. "Ancient one, my concerns involve the ritual and my missing scroll. The Ordo had derived the ritual from the scroll they stole from me. Now that this is over, I feel it should return to my care. I shall be the custodian of the ritual, and I will pursue the remaining Ordo hiding places to seek and recover my scroll. I hope you will entrust me with this duty."
Apr 18, 2020 6:48 pm
Fei Lung informe le groupe qu'il connaissait le rituel par coeur et n'avait pas besoin du parchemin, mais que la copie de Suzhen était encore au large. Après un moment de concentration, il semble croire que la copie de Suzhen se trouve quelque part à La Prairie sur la Rive Sud...

"Yes, if I understand, this scroll was stolen from you in the first place. While the ritual I was preparing I knew by heart from my own copy of the scroll I used to own long ago, yours is still missing..." Fei Lung rises up, looks around for a moment, and then, facing one direction, seems to be in deep meditation. Then a few minutes later later, he opens his eyes and turns back to Suzhen "Yes, I sense it, far, yet nearby. It is not on the Island anymore, but on the South Shore... a place called La Prairie? Yes, it does seem to be there...".
Apr 19, 2020 12:56 pm
Toby frowns when the dragon reveals that he knows the ritual by heart and has no need for his own scroll. Hoping to discover some other way to physically prevent Fei Lung from performing the ritual, he says, "This ritual… I don’t know much about it except that it is very dangerous in the wrong hands. If the Ordo Draconis are currently in possession of Suzhen’s scroll, it is important that we retrieve it before they can use it. Other than the scroll, are there any other special supplies or materials required to perform the ritual? Knowing more about the process would help us to determine how much time we have to find Suzhen’s scroll before something terrible happens."
Apr 19, 2020 2:07 pm
"Thank you, I will continue my quest for it. It is far to dangerous for it to still remain in the wrong hands." As Suzhen had expected, it was nigh impossible to 'remove' the ritual from Fei Lung, short of eliminating him completely. Going down that path would mean killing everyone who knew how to perform the ritual, which seemed a horrifying thought. Toby was on the right track though, if one couldn't make someone 'forget' the ritual, at least one could prevent the circumstances of the ritual from ever occurring.

"I wonder if there is a way to track Cheng down. To speak with him. Would you happen to know where he last lair was? Or who else he associated with? We could pick up the trail from there."
Last edited April 19, 2020 2:09 pm
Apr 19, 2020 4:50 pm
Fei Lung informe le groupe que le rituel demande une liste d'ingrédients si longue qu'il préfère, pour donner comme indice, que même avec toute sa puissance, il lui à fallut un peut plus de deux semaines pour trouver tout les ingrédients... Il est aussi d'accord avec l'idée de Toby d'enlever à l'Ordo Draconis la possibilité de faire le rituel eux-même, malgré que le risque soit faible pour eux de le faire. Puis il rappelle à Suzhen que "Cheng" l'avait approché, et ne sait donc pas o1 se trouve son antre...

"I understand your fears if this ritual being misused... It is quite a potent and dangerous ritual. The list of reagents for it are quite extensive. Rather than bore you by listing all of them, I'll simply say that it took me a little over two weeks to gather them given my current power... The scroll is also written in a language only Dragons can read. It would require them to have a Dragon working with them to translate the ritual, and even then, such translation would be... hmm... imperfect. We Dragons have words for many things and concepts your human languages lack, part of the way we communicate is also empathically... You are experiencing it right now, in a way, as you surely feel my voice in your being rather than actually hear it. Your form of communication is very... limiting... The chance of the Ordo Draconis using this ritual is very low... But yes, better be prudent and remove the scroll and any notes they might possess on it, just to be on the safe side."

He then turns to Suzhen "As I told your friend earlier, "Cheng" approached me, so I do not know where he lairs. IF I meet him again, I'll let him know you are looking for him. I'm afraid this is the best I can do...".
Apr 19, 2020 5:47 pm
"Now that you have no need of this dangerous ritual, would you mind giving us those ingredients as a show of good faith? It would go a long way to reassure the factions of the city and would help us convince them retaliation against your kind is not necessary."
Apr 19, 2020 6:43 pm
Fei Lung se rend compte qu'effectivement, il devrait se défaire de ses ingrédients, puis revient avec eux. Les quantités sont considérable...

Fei Lung looks a bit surprised, as if he had not considered this idea himself "Hmm, yes, of course, this would make sense, as I no longer need to perform the ritual. You are wise indeed. I'll be right back.". Fei Lung suddenly disappears from in front of you, and perhaps 2 or 3 seconds later, reappears with vials, coffers, bags, and many other different containers filled to the brim with strange and exotic ingredients. "You might need several trips to bring it all with you... I can tell you where I got each of them so you can give them back to the people I... borrowed them from...".
Apr 19, 2020 7:12 pm
"Thank you. And with this list of people, we can have them warn us if they "disappear" again. We will be that much safer." Edouard seems to visibly relax, even smiling a bit with is answer.
Apr 19, 2020 7:23 pm
Fei Lung va te donner la liste de "boutiques" où il à trouvé les ingrédients sur l'île de Montréal et les alentours...

Fei Lung will give you a list of magical and curios shops he got the ingredients for, on and around Montréal.
Apr 20, 2020 12:00 am
"I will visit another time, Fei Lung, bearing presents. It is auspicious to exchange gifts, now that we have received yours. To allay everyone's fears, I suggest we store them in my sanctum for safekeeping."
Last edited April 20, 2020 12:07 am
Apr 20, 2020 12:36 am
"Temporarily, you mean?" clarifies Toby, picking up an armful of ingredients to carry back to Suzhen’s car. "We’ll give them back to the people they belong to later, right? After we’ve found Cheng? ‘Cause I’m not sure it’s a good idea to keep all this stuff in one place..."
Apr 20, 2020 1:42 am
"No offense Suzhen, but I think those ingredients should be as far away from dragons as possible. After all, they are useless to non-dragon right?"
load next

Thread locked