Knowledge Overwhelming!

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Dec 13, 2018 12:32 am
Hello Gamers of the Planes!

I'm quite new to PbP but am really excited to be here and am very open to learn how to play in this format! I've been playing RPGs only as video games growing up; I played all the D&D isometric RPGS like Planescape Torment, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, etc etc. I really liked the genre and the roleplaying mechanics. Then I got introduced to Pathfinder when some of my college friends got into it, and we played for around 2 years. But real life has a way of diminishing sustainability of a tabletop game, so we eventually stopped meeting.

Which brings me here! So I'm excited to play D&D again, specifically 5E (listened to a few podcasts, so I'm not a complete noob) or maybe even Warhammer 40k/Fantasy if there are any here. :)

So with that, please be merciful to a noob like me! Where should I start, though? I'm still having trouble navigating this plane of existence lol.
Dec 13, 2018 12:44 am
Welcome Vladzaros! Lots of 5e and Pathfinder gets played here, and some Warhammer FRP, too.

A good place to stay is the new members guide.

Then have a look in the Gamers Tavern forum for new games, or even post your interest in a specific game there... games have been created upon request, every once in a while.
Dec 13, 2018 1:20 am
Welcome to GP. You can also set your Looking For Game settings. Good luck!
Dec 13, 2018 4:24 pm
Hello and welcome!
Dec 14, 2018 2:08 am
Thank you, all! How do I apply for games? Do I just click the 'Apply' button? Are character sheets required before you do so?

Also, any tips/tricks on navigation here? I can't seem to find easy links to this thread which I subscribed to... :scratcheshead:
Dec 14, 2018 2:19 am
Hi Vladzaros, I've approved your application to join Princes of the Apocalypse. If you want to make a third level character using the Gamers Plane character sheet and submit it to the game (which is done from the game details page) I'll review it and then look to squeeze you into the ongoing adventure.
Dec 14, 2018 2:29 am
Here a link to the game

You can also get to it through the Games link in the top navigation bar, or from your home screen (click the GP logo).

Once your in the game details page, you'll see a link to the forums at the very bottom of the page. You could also click the Forums link at the top.

Find the Out Of Character forum and say hi!
Last edited December 14, 2018 2:30 am
Dec 17, 2018 9:46 pm
Welcome Vladzaros! As you've already get yourself into things, just let me say glad to have you here!

You do not have permission to post in this thread.