1.1 The Singing Sword

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Sep 26, 2015 9:46 pm
The brave group of eight orphans arrive at The Market. The Market is only a short walk from the orphanage, and this early in the morning it is bustling with activity. The barrows are loaded with fruit and vegetables, and the barrow boys are yelling their prices in competition for sales. This is a popular time for most customers, because the products are fresh and plentiful.

You arrive at The Market from the south, and you know the Singing Sword is at the eastern end of the area known as The Market. With all the hustle, passing through the crowd as a group of eight, it may be difficult to stick together.

Ooc: roll perception, describe your actions.
Sep 26, 2015 9:52 pm
Seneia starts making her way through the crowd with the ease of someone who has grown weaving through large groups of people. She instinctively places her hand on her bag to protect her few belongings.

"Slink can be very elusive if he wants to", she says. "It might be a good idea for couple of us to cover the backdoor of the tavern, in case he thinks the questioning becomes too intense. Anyone want to volunteer?"

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Sep 26, 2015 9:58 pm
Picking his way through the crowd Szent tries to keep up with Seneia. "I'd gladly cover the back entrance, but I would need to know who it is I'm looking for. I have no idea what this Slink looks like."

Rolls

Perception [+1] - (1d20+1)

(13) + 1 = 14

Sep 26, 2015 10:39 pm
"I hate this place." said Feyline tring to keep the pace with the others, moving through the crowd. She saw Seneia cover her belongings and so she did the same.

"He's an Halfling Szent and he owes me some coppers too" she answered before describing Slink as far as she could remember.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(9) + 2 = 11

Sep 26, 2015 10:43 pm
Speaking to Seneia and the others:
"Seneia, how about you point Slink out to the girls, and I'll take Szent - and Rufio? - around back to watch out for him there?"

Weylan is impressed at both Feylinde's attention to detail and her way with words.
*That was a perfect way to describe him - I would never have thought to put it that way. She's so good with words!*
Last edited September 26, 2015 10:50 pm

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

Sep 26, 2015 11:34 pm
Confident that he could identify Slink after Feylinde's description of the rogue Szent gives Weylan a slight nudge - "Sounds like a fine plan."
Sep 26, 2015 11:44 pm
Elden listens to the conversation and keeps his eyes peeled for anyone matching Slink's description, "I do believe I will go around the back as well, I'm not gonna be any help speaking to Slink," he says to the party.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+5)

(12) + 5 = 17

Sep 27, 2015 12:29 am
I greet everyone I pass with a "Good day to you!" and casually make my way towards the Singing Sword. I look around to see if I recognize anyone along the way with whom I could chat. Perhaps Slink wasn't the only one who saw something?

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(17) + 3 = 20

Sep 27, 2015 1:32 am
http://www.buzzland.it/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/enhanced-20751-1419016485-15-366x492.jpg

Rufio swaggers down the street. The docks are his turf but even here (and all the seediest parts of this city) he is known by reputation. It's hard to miss someone with his distinctive hair after all. He and Weylan lead the group covering the back, Rufio chuckling to himself at Szent and Elden who stick out like sore thumbs in this part of town. The young street tough keeps a sharp lookout for trouble.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Sep 27, 2015 3:59 am
The orphanage is rather aptly located on a street called Warriors Way, running north to south through Castle Ward. Roland specifically chose the location because he considered himself to be a divine warrior, and he hoped the orphanage would follow that trend. Warriors Way crosses Bazaar Street before opening directly into the Market to the north.

You are now weaving in single file to the east around the southern perimeter of the Market as it is slightly less congested with less obstructions. Your marching order is Seneia, Szent, Feylinde, Weylan, Eiden, Alanya, Rufio and Samej. Much of the conversation is difficult while walking along, and some of the strategy is lost as only those immediately adjacent to you can hear you.

Merlin sent a note to Moofsalot,Naatkinson
Sep 27, 2015 5:37 am
Elden will attempt to alert the others to the sounds he heard (noise, shouts, in a nearby alley) and will head in that direction, trying to move as quietly as possible.

Ooc: Oh sweet Lathander those are some good rolls!
Last edited September 27, 2015 5:38 am

Rolls

Stealth [disadvantage] - (1d20, 1d20)

1d20 : (19) = 19

1d20 : (19) = 19

Perception - (1d20+5)

(15) + 5 = 20

Sep 27, 2015 9:04 am
Walking in front of the line, Seneia has little chance of hearing Elden's alert. She keeps making her way towards the Singing Sword.
Sep 27, 2015 9:45 am
Rufio follows Elden towards the commotion. He makes no attempt at stealth.
Last edited September 27, 2015 2:06 pm
Sep 27, 2015 9:50 am
Feylinde, unaware of what's happening behind her, continues to follow Szent's back.
Sep 27, 2015 11:46 am
Seneia roll perception, disadvantage
Szent roll perception
Weylan roll perception with advantage
To see if you hear Elden's alert.

I need all players to post actions.
Sep 27, 2015 12:22 pm
I see Elden and Rufio head towards the commotion to my right. I wait til I see Samej and grab his arm, pointing him in the direction of the alleyway. I try to signal to him to stay quiet and keep his ears open as I lead him in that direction, following behind the other two.
Sep 27, 2015 12:34 pm
Seneia continues making her way through the crowd, towards The Singing Sword. Focused on the task at hand, distracted by the noise of the Market.
Last edited September 27, 2015 12:35 pm

Rolls

Perception (disadvantage) - (1d20+2)

(12) + 2 = 14

Perception (disadvantage) - (1d20+2)

(7) + 2 = 9

Sep 27, 2015 12:49 pm
(Ooc: as a general comment to everyone, when I ask for a die roll please allow me to determine the outcome. As DM only I know the DC, and as many actions are simultaneous if no initiative has been rolled, then I should have the prerogative to interpret the outcome of the round. This is particularly important in play by post)
Sep 27, 2015 2:33 pm
OOC: I think evryone is refering to your previous description Merlin, in particular when you wrote:
Quote:
"... Your marching order is Seneia, Szent, Feylinde, Weylan, Eiden, Alanya, Rufio and Samej. Much of the conversation is difficult while walking along, and some of the strategy is lost as only those immediately adjacent to you can hear you."
Sep 27, 2015 3:10 pm
Weylan, busy admiring Feylinde's facility with words, continues following her through the crowd and may or may not hear what Elden is saying...

(OOC: That's a 14 and a 10)
Last edited September 27, 2015 3:13 pm

Rolls

Perception to hear Elden (with ADV) - (2d20+5)

(95) + 5 = 19

Sep 27, 2015 3:16 pm
Ooc: I should be clearer then... I meant perception rolls determine how well you hear. Plus the perception roll alone may not determine the next action. For example, a character shouting stop would change the outcome. Or a character grabbing Seneia would change the outcome. I just want you to be cognizant in pbp we can't assume the outcome until everyone has acted. This is my first pbp as DM so I am learning too.
Sep 27, 2015 3:42 pm
Ooc: when rolling dice with advantage you can list the die rolls with a comma, I think.... For example.

Wow watch out when I start rolling dice for real!!

Rolls

Advantage test roll - (1d20+3, 1d20+3)

1d20+3 : (12) + 3 = 15

1d20+3 : (9) + 3 = 12

Sep 27, 2015 4:08 pm
Determined to find the rogue Szent tries to keep up with Seneia as she deftly works her way through the crowd.

Rolls

(19) + 1 = 20

Sep 27, 2015 6:33 pm
(OOC: thanks for the comma tip. I wanted to avoid having the rolls listed on multiple lines in the "Rolls" section; it just seemed unnecessary space. I guess I'm sensitive to that after doing a lot of character generation where I've done a lot of rolls at once and they take up so much of the page. I'll use commas in future, though)
Sep 28, 2015 12:33 pm
(Ooc: I am going to assume Grandmaster can't post - reminder this is a post each day game). Also, I need to change some actions to provide a more logical sequence of events.

Only Eiden and Alanya hear the screams over the noise of the morning bustle. The party is weaving through the crowd in single file, and can only effectively communicate with the person adjacent to them.

Eiden acts first, he hears the out of place sound quite clearly and says, "I heard screams, let's see what's happening", and alerts Weylan and Alanya. Alanya nods, "Yes, I heard it too, I'll follow you." Eiden somehow disappears into the crowd and Alanya thinks *damn, lost him*.

Turning, Alanya says to Rufio, "Eiden has gone to investigate some screams to the south, we'd better follow." She then pauses and grabs Samej's arm. Samej, a Druid, is overwhelmed by the noise and bustle, much preferring the tranquility of the forest, and simply follows in compliance. Alanya, Rufio and Samej start heading south, with Alanya leading them towards the sounds.

Meanwhile, near the front of the party Weylan hears Eiden's exclamation that there are screams, but is also mesmerized by Feylinde's rear, and decides to follow her. Seneia, Szent, Feylinde and Weylan continue to weave their way towards the Singing Sword. Only Weylan is aware that the party has separated.

We are now operating by rounds. Roll initiative.
Sep 28, 2015 12:41 pm
Rolling for initiative.

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Sep 28, 2015 12:48 pm
Rolling for Initiative

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20)

(8) = 8

Sep 28, 2015 1:45 pm
OOC: Initiative
Last edited September 28, 2015 1:45 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(15) + 1 = 16

Sep 28, 2015 2:25 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(10) + 1 = 11

Sep 28, 2015 3:10 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(6) + 2 = 8

Sep 28, 2015 3:53 pm
Merlin says:
Weylan hears Eiden's exclamation that there are screams, but is also mesmerized by Feylinde's rear, and decides to follow her.
(OOC: Mesmerized by Feylinde's rear - seems like this halfling is really having trouble with his teenage hormones!

Raising his gaze from what's at his eye level, Weylan attempts to catch up to Feylinde and grab her hand.
"Feylinde! Elden heard screams, and he's left us to see what's going on! Szent might want to know, too, and Seneia!"
Last edited September 28, 2015 3:53 pm

Rolls

Initiative - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Sep 28, 2015 9:28 pm
*I hate dealing with crowds. I wish people would watch where they are walking.*

Rolls

Initiative [+2] - (1d20+2)

(1) + 2 = 3

Sep 28, 2015 10:17 pm
Taking up the rear, Semaj keeps his eyes pealed (perception) hoping nothing gets a drop on us.

Oops, too late (Initiative)

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(7) + 4 = 11

Initiative - (1d20+1)

(19) + 1 = 20

Sep 28, 2015 11:47 pm
"What?" said Feylinde to the halfling. She was worried by Weylan warning, watching behind him and not seeing anyone. She turned to Szent and almost running tried to reach and warn him and Seneia too.
Quote:
OOC: i dunno if i can do it or have to wait for initiative order ^_^
Sep 29, 2015 12:14 am
The initiative order is: Weylan, Seneia, Samej, Rufio, Feylinde, Alanya, Eiden, Szent.

Weylan immediately alerts Feylinde that half the party has taken a detour. (Seneia, Szent, Feylinde, Weylan may act independently of initiative but stick to rounds so we keep in sync).

Eiden melds effortlessly with the crowd and moves towards to the sounds. Alanya loses sight of him, but tunes to the sounds and guides Samej and Rufio in that direction. The distance is actually short, and suddenly the four are looking down an alley narrow enough to be shaded despite the morning sun. You spy a cloaked halfling cornered by three equally shady humans.

Initiative order: Halfling, Samej, Rufio, Alanya, Humans, Eiden

The halfling is wildly waving his sword yelling, "Get away from me, help, anybody, help."

Please post your actions.

Merlin sent a note to Naatkinson

Rolls

Shady humans - initiative - (1d20+2)

Halfling - initiative - (1d20+4)

Sep 29, 2015 1:32 am
Walking into the alley, I use my "charm person" on the nearest thug.

(wisdom saving throw)
Sep 29, 2015 2:40 am
The thug feels a compulsion...

Rolls

Wisdom saving throw - (1d20)

(16) = 16

Sep 29, 2015 2:57 am
Elden will draw his mace and advance to where the thugs can see him, "I think it's time to stop this, there's no need for violence. Just let him go and we can all walk out of here without resorting to bloodshed," he says soothingly, holding his mace, but not presenting it in a threatening manner.

He prepares to defend himself or the little one if things get dicey.

OOC: Readying an action to attack the first thug that makes a bad move
Last edited September 29, 2015 3:03 am

Rolls

Persuasion to get them to stop - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Potential attack - (1d20+4)

(2) + 4 = 6

Potential damage - (1d6+2)

(4) + 2 = 6

Sep 29, 2015 5:51 am
Weylan yells: "Feylinde, they went this way! Come on! Someone's in trouble!"

With that, Weylan pulls on Feylinde's hand to lead her through the crowd toward Elden before he loses sight of which way he went completely. Being so short, it's hard to keep track of people in a crowd...and it's hard for others to keep track of him. If Feylinde comes along, hopefully the others will be able to spot Feylinde's flaming red hair in the crowd (OOC: although so many of the party have red hair it might not be that uncommon here) so they can follow.

Let us know when Weylan (and Feylinde, perhaps) arrive with the others.
Sep 29, 2015 6:57 am
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/98/f6/2c/98f62c396958fe15b248fa2c495b99b9.jpg

"I hope you're looking for trouble, because you just found it!" Rufio bows mockingly before walking right up to the closest human and getting right in his face.
OOC: Readied action - If any of the humans act aggressively (and I don't just mean attack - I mean if they show any aggression, even if it's just trying to intimidate right back) then Rufio enters Rage, punches the guy in the face and then attempts to grapple him (Tavern brawler feat grants a bonus grapple whenever Rufio hits with an unarmed attack or improvised weapon).

Rolls

Intimidation - (1d20+1)

(11) + 1 = 12

Punch in the face - (1d20+3)

(6) + 3 = 9

Punch damage if it hits (includes rage damage) - (1d4+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Grapple attempt if the punch hits (granted by Tavern brawler feat) - (1d20+5)

(2) + 5 = 7

Sep 29, 2015 11:46 am
Unless someone manages to draw her attention to the unfolding events, Seneia continues towards the Singing Sword.
Sep 29, 2015 12:22 pm
Feylinde stood a second, just the time necessary to contact Szent telepatically "Szent, grab Seneia and follow us. Hurry up!".

There's no time to check the fellow reaction, so she turned to follow Waylan
Sep 29, 2015 12:34 pm
Note to Feylinde.

Merlin sent a note to Mariutti82
Sep 29, 2015 2:43 pm
Note to DM
Mariutti82 sent a note to Merlin
(Note from DM: Thanks!!)
Last edited September 29, 2015 2:43 pm
Sep 29, 2015 2:54 pm
Note to self.
Jabes.plays.RPG sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
DM note: so you know, I can see your note to self.
Sep 29, 2015 3:15 pm
The drama, the danger! This calls for a song. I whip out my lute, strumming a jaunty tune as I sing along. "Ugly as an Orc, twice as dumb. You wanted trouble, come and get some. Rufio gonna mess you up good, if you haven't started running, maybe you should." Not my best, but I haven't had a chance to warm up. I'm just getting started...

OOC: bonus action- inspire Rufio. You gain one Bardic Inspiration die, a d6. Once within the next 10 minutes, you can roll the die and add the number rolled to one ability check, attack roll, or saving throw.
Last edited September 30, 2015 3:59 pm

Rolls

Vicious Mockery - (1d20+3)

(11) + 3 = 14

Psychic damage (if they roll lower than 13) - (1d4)

(2) = 2

Sep 30, 2015 4:01 am
Ooc: sorry, been a crazy day. I hope to catch up tomorrow.
Sep 30, 2015 10:31 am
Group 1: Seneia, Szent, Feylinde, Weylan Round 1

Weylan immediately notifies Feylinde that the back four of the party have diverted to the south. Feylinde responds to the alert and begins to follow Weylan. Szent hears something, while Seneia marches on, oblivious to what's happening behind her.

Weylan and Feylinde will arrive at alley in Round 2. Need Round 2 actions from all four.

Merlin sent a note to szemely
Sep 30, 2015 10:47 am
Group 2: Initiative order: Halfling, Samej, Rufio, Alanya, Humans, Eiden Round 1

The halfling is clearly out numbered by the three thugs. He looks particularly small and ineffective standing there waving his short sword and yelling. The four orphans arrive bravely and quickly assess the situation. Samej weaves a spell at the nearest thug, but the thug simply looks around directly at him and says, "What the fork? Guys we have company! Get'em!"

Rufio decides to wait and see, an action most alien to him. When the thug shouts "Get 'em " he shrugs off his stasis and springs into action. He launches at the vocal thug stating "I hope you're looking for trouble, because you just found it!" The thug isn't intimidated as a flying punch narrowly misses his jaw. The thug grins revealing yellowed rotten teeth.

Alanya decides to assist Rufio and taunts the nearest thug viciously. She thinks she sees his chin wobble as he takes 2 psychic damage. Rufio also feels inspired (add 1d6 once within next 10 minutes).

Eiden's plan to smooth the scene is trumped by the actions of his comrades as full blown combat breaks out. Thug 1 lunges with his sword at Rufio and misses wildly. Thug 2 steps up to Eiden and says, "We like trouble!" He swings his sword and it simply glances off Eiden' s armor. Thug 3 attacks the halfling, but the halfling nimbly dodges the blow, "Whoooaaa, steady on!"

Thug 1: 2 damage
Thug 2: 0
Thug 3: 0

Please post Round 2 actions. Please state target, 1, 2, or 3.

Rolls

Wisdom save - vicious mockery - (1d20)

(4) = 4

Thug 1 attack and damage - (1d20, 1d8)

1d20 : (5) = 5

1d8 : (1) = 1

Thug 2 attack and damage - (1d20, 1d8)

1d20 : (11) = 11

1d8 : (8) = 8

Thug 3 attack and damage - (1d20, 1d8)

1d20 : (5) = 5

1d8 : (2) = 2

Sep 30, 2015 12:56 pm
Elden sighs as his friends rush in and immediately start attacking. With no way around it, and one of the thugs already on him he will engage. He swings his mace at Thug 2.

Rolls

Attack and Damage on Thug 2 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (15) + 4 = 19

1d6+2 : (4) + 2 = 6

Sep 30, 2015 1:28 pm
I turn my full attention towards the 3 thugs, strumming and chanting at a feverish pace. My smokey eyes seem to look through each of them simultaneously as the magical energy swirls around them, throwing them off-kilter, if just for a moment.

OOC: Casting "Bane": Up to three creatures must make a Charisma saving throw (13). Whenever a target that fails this saving throw makes an attack roll or a saving throw before the spell ends, the target must subtract 1D4.
Last edited September 30, 2015 3:54 pm
Sep 30, 2015 3:45 pm
Looking at the "uncharmed" thug, Semaj steps to within 10 ft of him (assuming thug 1), raising his hand. "What the fork? Fork this!"

grandmaster sent a note to Merlin

Rolls

Damage from spell - (1d12)

(10) = 10

Sep 30, 2015 3:48 pm
Weylan draws "Green" (one of his handaxes) as natural as breathing and throws it at Thug 3 as he runs up to the group.
Last edited September 30, 2015 3:50 pm

Rolls

Ranged attack - handaxe - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Damage on a hit - (1d6)

(4) = 4

Sep 30, 2015 3:49 pm
Rufio grabs the lead thug's sword arm at the wrist and punches him in the gut.

Rolls

Gut punch - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Punch damage if it hits (includes rage damage & extra 1d6) - (1d4+5, 1d6)

1d4+5 : (3) + 5 = 8

1d6 : (1) = 1

Grapple attempt if the punch hits (granted by Tavern brawler feat) - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

Another grapple check [advantage] - (1d20+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Sep 30, 2015 9:50 pm
Startled by the voice in his head Szent quickly recovers and looks behind to see that the others have gone. "Seneia, we need to go!"

Rolls

Perception (Can he see where the others have gone) - (1d20+1)

(6) + 1 = 7

Oct 1, 2015 12:28 am
(Ooc: waiting on Seneia and Feylinde)
Oct 1, 2015 5:20 am
Seneia glances over her shoulder to ask Szent what he was saying and stops like she had hit a wall when she sees that everyone besides her and Szent have vanished.

"What--?" she starts, trying to scan the Market to find the others.

Rolls

Perception to understand what's going on - (1d20+2)

(13) + 2 = 15

Oct 1, 2015 10:30 am
Group1 - Round 2

Szent hears Feylinde's voice and alerts Seneia. The message was clear, the rest of the party was heading South. Seneia hears Szent's warning and stop's dead. Both orphans look for signs of the orphans. They are in luck because Feylinde is moving slowly and they catch a glimpse of her in the crowd. (Assumed delay by Feylinde gives Szent and Seneia bonus to see her. Feylinde now in Group 1. Post actions for Round 3.).
Oct 1, 2015 10:34 am
The total initiative order is: Weylan, Seneia, Samej, Rufio, Feylinde, Alanya, Eiden, Szent.

Group 2: Initiative order: Weylan, Halfling, Samej, Rufio, Alanya, Thugs, Eiden - Round 2

Weylan arrives at the scene and throws Green at Thug 3, his named axe arcing perfectly through the air and striking the thug cleanly (4 damage)

The halfling attempts to respond to Thug 3's attack. Stepping aside from the thug's attack gives him an opening, so he lunges forward and sinks his sword into Thug 3's side. "Ow!!"

Samej casts a spell at Thug 1, but the Thug shrugs it off. (Ooc: when casting spells provide DC. I'm guessing 14 saved?)

Rufio is enjoying the fight, but his blows aren't landing. Aiming for a gut punch, his blow is resisted by the shield of leather armor.

Alanya casts bane, and Thugs 1 and 2 feel slightly demoralized.

Thug 1 smirks at Rufio's ineffective punch and takes advantage to strike him with his sword with precision but raging Rufio is somehow resistant (6 damage, not so sorry!). Thug 2 attacks Eiden, but Alanya's spell does not cause enough disruption to cause him to miss. ( 2 damage). Thug 3 hits the halfling back causing 4 damage.

Eiden is a little surprised at being hit by the lucky blow, but retaliates quickly, and connects with Thug 2 soundly for 6 damage.

Thug 1: 2
Thug 2: 6
Thug 3: 8
Halfling: 4

Round 3 actions please.

Rolls

Halfling attack, damage - (1d20+2, 1d8)

1d20+2 : (19) + 2 = 21

1d8 : (4) = 4

Con save - (1d20)

(14) = 14

Bane saving throw, thug 1,2,3 - (1d20-1, 1d20-1, 1d20-1)

1d20-1 : (11) - 1 = 10

1d20-1 : (1) - 1 = 0

1d20-1 : (15) - 1 = 14

Thugs, attack, damage - (3d20, 3d8)

3d20 : (201916) = 55

3d8 : (824) = 14

Crit damage on Rufio - (1d8)

(5) = 5

Bane 1, 2 - (2d4)

(11) = 2

Oct 1, 2015 11:00 am
"Feylinde", Seneia mutters. She grabs Szent's sleeve, just in case, and starts pushing through the crowd to the direction Feylinde is heading to. Her expression is intense, and neck craning to see better, trying to understand what is happening.
Oct 1, 2015 11:29 am
Merlin sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg, spaceseeker19
Secret note.
Oct 1, 2015 12:12 pm
As soon as Feylinde arrives in the alley and sees what's happening, she recalls her patron power.
"Master" she whispers as a ray is cast from her right forefinger toward one of the thugs (thug 1).

Rolls

Eldritch Blast - ranged spell attack - (1d20+5)

(18) + 5 = 23

force damage - (1d10)

(8) = 8

Oct 1, 2015 1:01 pm
As the others start to converge on the thugs, I choose this moment to fade into the background to watch the scene unfold. If I'm caught up in the moment, how will I recount the details of this skirmish later?

As I'm about to move, I see Weyland's direct hit and turn to him and say "Wonderful, Weylan! Your skill at throwing is nearly as good as your cobbling!" I start playing a song at sounds a lot like "Hey Weylan, you so fine, you so fine you blow my mind, hey Weylan!" but it's played so softly you can't quite make out the words.

OOC: move to one side of the alleyway & hug to wall to hide, inching just a bit closer to the action. Bonus action- Inspiration to Weylan. He can use a +1d6 for attacks or saving throws.

Rolls

Attempt to hide - (1d20+2)

(20) + 2 = 22

Oct 1, 2015 1:19 pm
Seeing his good friend Rufio take such a solid hit Elden cries out in despair, "No, Rufio!" Saying a quick prayer to Lathander, he raises his voice on the final word and Rufio's wounds begin to close. He then attacks furiously, attempting to take down his opponent as quickly as possible so he can better assist his injured friend.

Healing Word on Rufio

Attack on Thug 2

Rolls

Healing Word on Rufio - (1d4+6)

(3) + 6 = 9

Mace Attack and Damage on thug 2 - (1d20+4, 1d6+2)

1d20+4 : (17) + 4 = 21

1d6+2 : (3) + 2 = 5

Oct 1, 2015 4:08 pm
Rufio reels in pain when the sneering rogue's sword slices into his side, but then he hears Elden shout his name and he feels his wound closing and strength returning to him. The is no time for thanks, however. Rufio tries to grab the man's head in both hands and break his face with a vicious headbutt.
Last edited October 2, 2015 3:55 am

Rolls

Facebuster Headbutt - (1d20+3)

(9) + 3 = 12

Damage (includes rage bonus) - (1d4+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Grapple attempt if the punch hits (granted by Tavern brawler feat, Advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (10) + 5 = 15

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

Oct 1, 2015 4:21 pm
(Round 3)
Weylan takes stock of the situation as he swings "Pretty" (his battleaxe) into the side of the bruiser that just savaged Rufio (thug 1); Alanya's singing his name fills him with warm fuzzies and he just knows he can't let her (and everyone else) down!

spaceseeker19 sent a note to Merlin
(edited to correct thug attribution - thug 1 was attacking Rufio. It's academic this round, anyway, with those rolls. Also: added round number - it helps me to keep it straight)
Last edited October 2, 2015 6:47 pm

Rolls

Perception check - (1d20+5)

(6) + 5 = 11

Attack on thug 3 (with inspiration) - (1d20+1, 1d6+4)

1d20+1 : (2) + 1 = 3

1d6+4 : (4) + 4 = 8

Oct 2, 2015 2:47 pm
Seeing the thug (1) avoid the poison spray, Semaj again moves into position staying 10 ft away and attempts again to poison thug #1. He raises his hand and a noxious gas cloud forms.

poison spray: DC 12 con save or take 1d12 damage

Rolls

Poison spray - (1d12)

(7) = 7

Oct 2, 2015 5:11 pm
Being dragged through the crowd by Seneia, Szent does his best to determine where Feylinde has run off to.

Rolls

(18) + 1 = 19

Oct 2, 2015 10:02 pm
The total initiative order is: Weylan, Seneia, Samej, Rufio, Feylinde, Alanya, Eiden, Szent.

Group 2: Initiative order: Weylan, Halfling, Samej, Rufio, Feylinde, Alanya, Thugs, Eiden - Round 2

Weylan wields Pretty at Thug 1, but unlike Green, the axe misses narrowly.
The Halfling attacks Thug 3 with renewed vigor, striking a mighty blow. The Thug gasps in surprise as he drops to the ground.
Samej weaves another spell... Unsuccessfully. He looks at his finger is disbelief.
Rufio is still injured, and attempts to head butt Thug 1, missing.
Arriving on the scene, Feylinde unleashes an Eldritch blast, striking Thug 1, who crumples to the ground.
Alanya inspires Weylan before fading into the shadows.
Thug 1 is dead.
Thug 2 swings his sword at Eiden, but Eiden is simply impregnable.
Thug 3 is dead.
Eiden quickly casts healing word, and Rufio's wounds close. Barely pausing, he swings his mace and makes satisfying contact on Thug 2. Thug 2 is dead.

Group 1

Seneia and Szent arrive at the battle scene. They see three dead thugs, the rest of their group, and a halfling.

(Combat over. Kudos to Weylan for marking his post with Round 3. Let's adopt that in future.)

Merlin sent a note to spaceseeker19

Rolls

Halfling attack, damage - (1d20+2, 1d8)

1d20+2 : (18) + 2 = 20

1d8 : (7) = 7

Thugs 2 ,3 attack, damage - (2d20, 2d8)

2d20 : (132) = 15

2d8 : (81) = 9

Oct 2, 2015 10:57 pm
"I hope this will not rise too much noise" said Feylinde as the last thug crumbled under Eiden's blow.
"Can someone explain what's just happened here?" she added moving toward her comrades.
Oct 3, 2015 12:02 am
I move out of the shadows and towards the Halfling. "The name's Alanya. Are you alright?"
Oct 3, 2015 12:18 am
Elden chooses not to kill the thug, instead knocking him unconscious.

Will post more later :)
Oct 3, 2015 12:20 am
Weylan sets Pretty aside and tries to suss out the situation with these thugs, as he retrieves his handaxe, Green.

"I was just coming to see you. You handle a blade pretty well, Slink." Weylan stresses "Slink" slightly, for everyone else's (except Seneia's) benefit.

Weylan offers the halfling his free hand in friendship. "What did they want?"

A glance at the bodies. "On second thought, maybe you could tell us somewhere more private?"
Last edited October 3, 2015 12:23 am

Rolls

Insight (try to figure out what was going on with thugs) - (1d20+5)

(20) + 5 = 25

Oct 3, 2015 12:41 am
Seeing that Alanya is approaching the halfling Szent will hang back a bit and try to take in what happened. Looking over towards Seneia has asks, "Looks like we missed something here."
Oct 3, 2015 2:14 am
Elden will check on the thug that he killed. Seeing that he is not breathing he will stand and address the late-comers, "Found Slink here in a bit of a scrape, but we were able to get him out of it," he looks around at the bodies, shaking his head sadly, "unfortunately it got a bit out of hand."

(Edited by DM for story)
Oct 3, 2015 7:20 am
When Seneia steps into the alley, she quickly observes everyone who was part of the confrontation to check if they are hurt. Then she notices Slink. She stops and tilts her head, with a wry, but genuine smile slowly appearing to her face.

"Slink", she says. "It's been a while. You are still making friends all over the city, I see. Are you all right?"
Last edited October 3, 2015 7:30 am
Oct 3, 2015 11:55 am
Slink is breathing heavily after his early morning exertions. He was about to run when Weylan called him by name, but then pauses when the more familiar voice of Seneia speaks. "Seneia? What are you doing here?"
Oct 3, 2015 1:24 pm
"Strangely enough, Slink, I'm here looking for you."

Seneia steps closer. It has been a while since she has last met Slink. During that time she has found trust, discipline and serenity she never had when living in the streets, so the posture of the young woman is probably familiar, yet somehow different than that of the girl Slink used to know.

"Although I expected to find you the Singing Sword, not here in the alley, up to your curly hair in trouble."
Oct 3, 2015 1:35 pm
"So these are your friends?" Slink wipes his sword and sheaths it.
Oct 3, 2015 1:58 pm
Feylinde grins at Slink "we meet again".
Oct 3, 2015 3:41 pm
Seneia smiles and pats Szent on the shoulder. Then she starts walking through the group, gently touching each and every one.

"Friends? At least I hope they consider me as one. We are all living in Roland's orphanage."

Seneia reaches the other side of the group, effectively standing between Slink and the deeper reaches of the alleyway. There she turns and fingers fiddling with the tip of her horn as she regards Slink thoughtfully.

"As is this girl. 14 years, blonde, about this tall, beautiful singing voice and not unpleasant to look at either. Her name is Milly. We heard you might know something about her."
Oct 3, 2015 4:24 pm
As the reality of the situation hits Elden, he slumps to the ground, and can be heard whispering, "I killed a man, I killed him..." he has tears in his eyes and he is having trouble breathing. He has undergone combat training and has done very well with it, but the reality of it is far different than he thought it would be, far more terrible. It goes against everything he believes in. He is only half-listening to the conversation going on around him.
Oct 3, 2015 4:45 pm
Weylan puts his hand on Elden's shoulder and squeezes it gently. He well remembers when he was 8 and alone and starving, and had to fight a wolf over a rabbit he'd snared. It was the first time he'd killed something not for food. He'd sat in the snow and wept over the dead creatures until the snow started to cover him and he'd been forced to the practical consideration of building a fire. Such a terrible power...
Oct 3, 2015 4:47 pm
Watching from a distance Szent notices Elden's reaction and realizes what has just happened. Remembering the first, and only, time he had to take a life in defense of others he has some idea what Elden is going through. Empathizing with him he walks over and squats next to his friend. "You did what needed to be done, of this I am sure. Your reaction to taking a life just proves that those at the orphanage have trained you well."

With that he pats Elden on the shoulder and leaves him alone in his thoughts.
Oct 3, 2015 5:26 pm
Slink looks at the eight youths slowly surrounding him, and begins to get nervous. Although he knows Seneia, they weren't best friends, and parted ways under stressful circumstances. They used to have each other's backs, but then she left him for an apparently better life, and he then had to fend for himself. Her arrival in an alley with seven of her friends was not good news for him, despite them saving his life.

His next statement blatantly ignores Seneia's inquiry about Milly. "Well, Seneia, it is good seeing you again, and I appreciate your help, but I think I had it under control. I'm glad you are well and have made new friends. I'm sure we'll meet again, but I must be on my way." With that he casually walks past Seneia to exit the alley.

You (plural) have some choices - please describe your next actions and roll dice as applicable.... Diplomacy, intimidation, grapple etc. haha, I've just realized why you are rolling persuasion.
Oct 3, 2015 5:32 pm
Elden leaps to his feet, grabbing Slink's hand and says to him, "I just took a life to save yours, you owe us at least this much! You are going to tell us what happened to Milly," his face is wet with tears, but there is fire behind his eyes. He is not going to let this go so easily.

OOC: Ouch, that is some terrible rolling!
Last edited October 3, 2015 5:34 pm

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+2)

(2) + 2 = 4

Athletics (Grapple?) to grab his hand? - (1d20+2)

(10) + 2 = 12

Oct 3, 2015 5:34 pm
Rufio grabs Slink by ht lapels as he walks past and slams him against a wall. "Look, that bastard cut me bad when I helped saved yer life. I know you saw what happened to Milly. So talk!"
Last edited October 3, 2015 5:34 pm

Rolls

Grapple Slink (not sure if I still have advantage) - (1d20+5, 1d20+5)

1d20+5 : (4) + 5 = 9

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

Intimidation - (1d20+1)

(20) + 1 = 21

Oct 3, 2015 5:37 pm
Szent will move to block the alley as Elden grabs at Slink. If the rogue breaks away from Elden, Szent will do his best to look intimidating while the others try to convince Slink to part with any information he may have on Milly. Should Slink try to get past Szent he will attempt to tackle the rogue as he goes by.

DM note - Nice rolls!!

Rolls

Intimidation [+2] - (1d20+2)

(18) + 2 = 20

Grapple [+5] - (1d20+5)

(19) + 5 = 24

Oct 3, 2015 6:10 pm
Seneia narrows her eyes, but does not leap to get hold of Slink. Instead, she takes a few steps back, walking with Slink, trying to make sure he does not get past her.
Oct 3, 2015 6:54 pm
I approach the halfling with a friendly smile. "Slink, we just want to know what happened to our friend. As soon as you tell us everything you know, we'll be on our way. If you don't say anything, we can only assume you were involved, and while I'm not one for violence, I can't say the same for my friends. So what do you say? How about we have ourselves a conversation?"

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Oct 3, 2015 9:34 pm
Eiden grabs for Slink's arm, and Slink quickly withdraws his arm from his grasp... Or at least tries to. His reflexes are a little slow, and Eiden firmly grabs Slink's wrist.

Rufio's and Szemely's authoritively stated intimidation instantly stops any struggle, and Slink simply pauses, and looks dejectedly at Szemely.
"OK, I don't want any trouble, let's go to the Singing Sword. We can talk in relative peace there."

Rolls

Dexterity to avoid grapple - (1d20+5)

(1) + 5 = 6

Oct 4, 2015 6:21 am
Weylan paces Slink on the opposite side from Seneia, honestly curious as to what Slink thinks he's doing, rejecting his hand and acting like they are trying to kill Slink, rather than that they just saved him from being killed.
*Is he really that rude, or is he very scared of something?*
He's probably not going to be heard the first time he repeats his question, but Weylan'll keep trying:
"Seriously: who were those guys?"

Rolls

Insight into Slink's behavior/motivation (WIS + prof mod) - (1d20+5)

(3) + 5 = 8

Oct 4, 2015 7:26 am
Before the group leaves the alley, Seneia stops and takes her first good look at the attackers. She winces slightly at the sight of the fruits of violence, but takes a step closer nevertheless.

"What do you think, everyone? Is there something to learn about who these guys were and where did they come from by taking a closer look at them?"

Seneia looks reluctant to do it herself, trying to peer at the bodies from couple paces away.

OOC: What would I roll to try to the deduce something from the bodies? Insight?
Oct 4, 2015 7:34 am
Rufio is no stranger to blood and violence. He takes a closer look at the thugs to see if he recognizes anyone, then he goes through their pockets for clues.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20)

(9) = 9

Oct 4, 2015 8:12 am
"You should answer to good Weylan, Slink" Feylinde said getting closer to the halfling.
"Remember he just saved your life after all, and he seems really concerned about you" she added with a smile caressing Slink's cheek.

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Oct 4, 2015 10:38 am
Searching the bodies nothing is found. The three thug corpses are devoid of information.

As the orphans continue to ask Slink questions he says, "I'm not going to hang here any longer, when people are trying to kill me." He starts to walk towards the market despite Eiden hanging onto his wrist. He winces, and he clasps his side. "I'm injured. I'll be safer at the inn."
Oct 4, 2015 12:12 pm
Realizing that the halfling is still bleeding Elden will chant a quick prayer and quickly Slink's wounds. Despite his anger and shame over what has happened, he can't stand to see people suffer.
Last edited October 4, 2015 12:13 pm

Rolls

Cure Wounds on Slink - (1d8+6)

(2) + 6 = 8

Oct 4, 2015 1:29 pm
Having been healed Slink says, "Thanks, shall we go?"

(Confirm we go to Singing Sword? Otherwise let me know)
Oct 4, 2015 2:06 pm
"Alright, but no funny business."
Oct 4, 2015 2:39 pm
Turning up nothing on the corpses Rufio nods to the others. "He's right, we'll all be safer in the inn. And we'd better get out of here before the city watch comes!" With his reputation as a troublemaker Rufio has had many encounters with the Watch before, none of them pleasant. Though Sir Roland vouching for him has afforded him has protected him he's not eager for any run-ins with the law.
Oct 4, 2015 2:40 pm
"Fine!" said Feylinde in frustrated tone. "Let's go to that tavern! Damn!"

She turned in the tavern direction *I just wanted to avoid that crowded, messy place*.
Oct 4, 2015 2:54 pm
Rufio announces loud enough for the whole group but mainly for Slink's ears, "Whether it's safer in the tavern or not, it depends. And safer for whom? Either he's o the level and just wants to get out of this alley or he's got some nasty friends in there he hopes will occupy us enough for him to make a clean getaway. Well I've got nasty friends in there too. I've got nasty friends everywhere. Trust us, Slink, we don't want to hurt you. We just want to know what you saw or heard so we can find our friend. Whoever took her, that's who we're gonna hurt!"
Oct 4, 2015 3:04 pm
Slink shrugs.
Oct 4, 2015 3:09 pm
"All right, let's head to the Singing Sword", Seneia says. "I don't know who or if anyone will be safer in there, but at least it's easier to talk there."
Oct 4, 2015 3:38 pm
It is still early morning, as the unexpected encounter in the alley only took a few minutes. Finally the orphans decide to escort Slink to the Singing Sword. Rufio warns the less streetwise among the group that they may be entering a trap by going to Slink's home territory, so the orphans acknowledge this, and approach the building cautiously. The only other alternative would be the orphanage, but insight and investigation by some individuals suggests that they are unlikely to get Slink to talk in unfamiliar surroundings.

The Singing Sword is at the eastern end of the area known as "The Market", imaginatively named, because this is the area of the daily market in the city. The inn is a traditional looking building, three stories high, constructed of timber. The area in front has a number of tables that allow customers to sit with a beer and watch the bustle of the market and interesting individuals go about their business. The front door is propped open, and about 10 people are sitting outside.

Slink says, "Well, if you wait here a minute, I'll see if there's any private seats inside for us to talk."
Oct 4, 2015 3:45 pm
"Not so fast. We're all going together. I get it, you don't wanna be seen talking to us or else they'll send more thugs after you. But there's no choice, unless you agree to go to the Orphanage with us." Rufio looks to Seneia for help.
Last edited October 4, 2015 3:46 pm
Oct 4, 2015 4:36 pm
Rufio's comment makes it clear to Weylan:
*Slink IS scared, but not necessarily of us. He's scared that someone is going to observe him talking to us and make connection between this and our rescuing Milly...*

"Slink, let's just talk. You don't need to worry about anyone seeing you with us. I'll buy you something to break fast, we can sit down and talk nice. You don't need to worry about anyone seeing you with us. What I tell you three times is true: you don't need to worry about anyone seeing you with us, because we are going to end whomever has taken our friend, and no one who will be upset about it will be left to come after you. But at this point, it's too late to try to ditch us. You've been seen."
Last edited October 4, 2015 4:37 pm

Rolls

Persuasion (CHR + prof mod) - (1d20+4)

(18) + 4 = 22

Oct 4, 2015 5:04 pm
Only half listening to conversation between Slink and the others, Szent will keep watch of the market area for any signs of trouble. *I don't like this place. Hopefully the others can get the information from the rogue that we need and then we can get moving*

Rolls

(12) + 1 = 13

Oct 4, 2015 9:36 pm
Bored by the Halfling behaviour and the waste of her precious time in a place like that, Feylinde focussed her attention on Slink then slipped in his mind with a whispering voice: "Stop being suspicious like that, Slink. No one is going to let you move alone and no one want to hurt you. So don't waste our time or you'll regret this in many unpredictable ways.

Feylinde stared at Slink to make it clear her propositions.

Rolls

(Using telephaty) Intimidation - (1d20+3)

(10) + 3 = 13

Oct 5, 2015 3:04 am
"Fine. Let's go in" says Slink to Weylan.

They enter the inn and the inside is fairly quiet, with most of the patrons sitting outside. The burly barkeep looks up as the nine youths enter, and he immediately recognizes Slink. "Hello Slink, usual table?" Slink nods and walks over to a vacant table in the corner of the room. He pulls up a couple of chairs, then sits down as if he owns the place.
Oct 5, 2015 3:06 am
I lean towards the others at the table and say "I'll keep everyone distracted while you all talk." I give Slink a wink and then stride towards the front of Inn, my lute prominently displayed in front of me and my 'make an impression' face on. "Good morning, everyone! The name's Alanya, I'm sure many of you remember me. If you've got a moment to spare, I've got a story to share. Would anyone like to hear it?" I start strumming, then pick up the tempo quickly as the words flow through me like water:

"The fires of doom light up the night sky
Blood rains, dark red, hot, staining the cold ground
Our heroes, shoulders slumped, eyes blank, tears dry
Listening to the hollow, empty sound
Scales deep crimson, teeth murderous, eyes round
The beast rises from the ashes and roars
Their resolve strengthens, swords gleaming, boots pound
Against the cobble streets. The shadow soars
A sickening crunch, claws tear, black smoke pours
The heroes push forward, swords striking true
It laughs, throatily, with glee it explores
The many ways to ruin these last few
Too late. The last blow falls, inky blood spilled
As the beast lays silent, finally stilled"

ooc: Not that it matters with that roll, but edited this to add my song which I just spent way too much time writing. Oh, and as a bonus action I'll inspire Seneia.
Last edited October 5, 2015 11:31 am

Rolls

Performance - (1d20+7)

(1) + 7 = 8

Oct 5, 2015 3:18 am
Elden is a bit uncomfortable in this setting, but is trying to immerse himself in the sights and sounds in order to forget the events of the morning, he turns to Slink and whispers, "So, what do you know about Milly's kidnapping? And please, do be honest, any misinformation here could get her hurt."
Oct 5, 2015 5:20 am
Weylan orders some food for the dude, not forgetting a drink for Slink. While he orders and they talk, he keeps half his attention on Alanya's performance, and gets a bit bothered that not everybody (OK, maybe nobody) seems to like it as much as the simple halfling.
Oct 5, 2015 9:07 am
Feylinde sits at the table arms crossed and eyes closed *At the end something worth to hear* ... she's charmed by Alanya's song and don't even bother listening what Slink has to say *The others will think about it. I'll enjoy the music.
Oct 5, 2015 10:04 am
Seneia follows Slink with a slightly distant, thoughtful look on her face. She does not seem bothered by the surroundings, but her gaze lingers in some of the regulars sitting at their tables. When Slink sits down, she takes the adjacent chair and looks at Slink expectantly.
Oct 5, 2015 11:17 am
The barkeep narrows his eyes when he spots Rufio among the group. The red-haired youth is a notorious troublemaker. Rufio throws the man a grin to allay his fears. He stalks around the table as the other talk, keeping a wary eye on their surroundings.
Oct 5, 2015 3:09 pm
Semaj takes a seat nearest the door. He is not all that comfortable in doors, and those thugs may have had friends. He asks innkeeper or barmaid for some hot water to make a tea. He keeps his eyes on both those coming and going from the inn, looking for anything suspicious.

Rolls

Perception - Looking/listening for anyone paying his group more attention than they should - (1D20)

(3) = 3

Oct 5, 2015 9:53 pm
Slink seems a little more relaxed in his own space, and he accepts the drink from Weylan. When Alanya starts to sing he cocks his head and listens to the lyrics. followed her at a fair distance when a couple of thugs grabbed her and dragged her into an alley. "Wow that's an incredible talent she has. Much like Milly, I suppose. I will level with you, and I won't play any more games. You did save my life after all." He pauses to take a sip of the bitter draught.

He then goes on to tell his tale. It seems that a couple of evenings ago Milly was in the Singing Sword and she spoke with the barkeep, Gregory, looking for work. Slink calls over to Gregory looking for collaboration on the story, and Gregory nods, while examining the inside of a glass he is polishing. Gregory said she was too young to perform in the inn, and turned her away. Slink was curious about her and followed her discretely out of the inn, wondering where she would go next, where she lived, you know, the sort of youthful curiosity most teenagers have when sighting a pretty girl. He saw a couple of thugs grab her and drag her into an alley. Being evening it was fairly dark and not many people were around, so the assault was achieved flawlessly. Well, almost. Being a curious halfling He followed the thugs stealthily, and traced them to a Surface shaft that descended into the sewers. After cross examination, Slink revealed that the shaft was located in the northwest corner of an alleyway that opens off Golden Serpent Street and Nindabar street, just east of Mhalsymber's Way. After that he decided it was too risky to enter. Nasty critters down there.
Oct 6, 2015 1:35 am
Weylan pays closer attention when Slink speaks of Milly. How honest is Slink being, and is he omitting anything?
Last edited October 6, 2015 3:59 am

Rolls

Insiht (WIS + prof mod) - (1d20+5)

(7) + 5 = 12

Oct 6, 2015 3:04 am
Feeling that there is a large enough sized group escorting Slink inside of the establishment, Szent decides to stay outside and keep an eye on the marketplace.

OOC: Sorry, I thought I had stated this earlier. Looking back it appears that I did not.
Oct 6, 2015 6:17 am
Rufio stops his pacing to say just loud enough for those at the table, "Well what're we waitin' for? Let's go hunt some sewer rats!" He points a finger at Slink, "You're comin' with us or else you're likely to tell on us when sewer rat thugs come askin' questions."
Oct 6, 2015 10:37 am
"Even disliking the idea of entering the sewers, for once I agree with Rufio's urgency to act. We have to move quickly, I can't imagine what those thugs made to our poor girl"

Feylinde stands up and move toward the door.
Oct 6, 2015 11:44 am
"Let's hurry," Elden says, then turns to Slink, "you have to at least take us to the sewer entrance, then you can consider us even."

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+2)

(19) + 2 = 21

Oct 6, 2015 12:10 pm
"Slink, did you recognize those thugs?" Seneia asks. "Or did they have any markings or other things that would indicate who they were?"
Oct 6, 2015 9:09 pm
Looking relaxed, Slink appears to tense up at Seneia's question. He licks his suddenly dry lips. He leans into the table, to ensure that only those seated can hear him. "Shhhh. Do you think I was attacked just because I was passing by? They know I know, and they want to silence me." He binds his fingers together and glances around to ensure that no one else can hear what he is saying, then he leans in again. "You have heard of the Slave Traders, haven't you?"

(Roll insight) (or roll History)
Oct 6, 2015 9:14 pm
Elden tries to think of anything he might know about the slave traders.

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(8) + 5 = 13

History - (1d20)

(3) = 3

Oct 6, 2015 9:48 pm
I finish my performance, then walk over to the table. "Maybe I've sung that song a few too many times already. SIGH I need some new material."
Oct 6, 2015 9:58 pm
(Alanya, you did attract a small crowd of about eight people who appreciated your talent. Others looks slightly irritated because they considered your singing to interrupt their peace) you gained 12 cp
Oct 6, 2015 10:00 pm
Fighting the urge to go into the Singing Sword to see what's happening Szent continues to watch over the market place.

*what is taking so long in there*
Oct 7, 2015 12:23 am
Weylan pays particular attention, now that Slink is speaking of Milly and Slave Traders in the same thought.

Rolls

Insight (WIS + Proficiency) - (1d20+5)

(10) + 5 = 15

Oct 7, 2015 5:23 am
"Slink, my friend, that is exactly what I was saying earlier", Seneia says. "They clearly know about you. They are ready to get violently rid of you. There is no reason for you to not tell us everything you know. But Slave Traders, you say…?"

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+4)

(6) + 4 = 10

Oct 7, 2015 6:37 am
"We've got to get her back. NOW." Rufio fights to keep his voice down. Gritting his teeth, he continues, "Slave Traders. The name needs no explanation But here's what I know..."
Last edited October 7, 2015 6:38 am

Rolls

Insight - (1d20)

(18) = 18

Oct 7, 2015 10:23 am
Feylinde gently pats Alanya shoulder as she pass by "Nice song.", then noticing the others still whispering at the table she gets closer to them.
Oct 7, 2015 4:25 pm
Semaj turns to look at Alanya and nods, show he appreciates good music. He continues his vigilance around the entrance, watching those coming in and leaving and ready to react should the need arise.

grandmaster sent a note to Merlin
Last edited October 7, 2015 4:27 pm

Rolls

Perception, watching for thugs and other unsavory characters - (1d20)

(20) = 20

Oct 7, 2015 9:51 pm
Only Weylan and Rufio have the vaguest idea what Slink is talking about. (Private notes follow).

Samej, meanwhile, sees thugs and unsavory characters everywhere, almost to the point of paranoia. As he watches another shadowy figure walk by he realizes there is no immediate threat, as far as he can tell.

Merlin sent a note to jabes.plays.rpg
Merlin sent a note to spaceseeker19
Oct 8, 2015 5:46 am
"Yes, I've heard of them..." Weylan exchanges a worried look with Seneia (who may not look concerned) and Rufio (who probably does). "More of a rumor than a threat, I thought. If the rumors are true, then Milly's in serious trouble...maybe everyone is. I agree; we should go." Weylan stands, then, to Slink: "Find someplace safe, while we put a stop to these guys. I don't want to rescue Milly only to find you hurt for just talking to us. Unless you want to stick with us...?"
Last edited October 8, 2015 5:48 am
Oct 8, 2015 11:27 am
"Come with us, Slink. They're already after you. There's no hiding from them, and at least you'd be a lot safer with us, don't you think?"

Rolls

Persuasion - (1d20+5)

(5) + 5 = 10

Oct 8, 2015 6:06 pm
"If you don't have a safe place, I think that's the best option you have Slink. Maybe it's time even for you to deal with those thugs once and for all" says Feylinde nodding at Alanya words.
Quote:
OOC: I would like to HELP Alanya in her persuasion check, to give her advantage if possible.
Oct 8, 2015 11:33 pm
Slink nods at Weylan's observation. "I can confirm there is an underground slave trade in Waterdeep, but our city does not condone the activity at all. When people go missing, it's probably the slave traders at fault. I assume they are kept hidden until they are shipped out of Waterdeep to offshore islands for processing. If you are to save your friend you will need to hurry. I have no idea how efficient they are."

At the request to accompany the orphans he shrugs. "I'm not sure about that."
Oct 9, 2015 1:02 pm
Elden will stand and nod to Slink, "Thank you for your help, it sounds like we may not have much time so we'd better hurry up if we want to rescue Milly."
Oct 9, 2015 2:17 pm
Seneia nods and stands up with Elden. She then turns to look at Slink.

"You can come with us, Slink. Or you can go to Roland's. You'd be safe there, as well. Either way - we have to be going."
Oct 9, 2015 2:37 pm
Merlin says:
...that the shaft was located in the northwest corner of an alleyway that opens off Golden Serpent Street and Nindabar street, just east of Mhalsymber's Way...
Does Weylan know the way there?
Oct 9, 2015 9:55 pm
I think we can move this along... The location of the sewer entrance is very clear to most of you, and you may all level up first. Please let me know when you have updated your sheet and then I'll start a new thread.

Slink hesitates at Seneia's suggestion then says, "Thanks, I'll just lie low, but if you need me leave a message with Gregory."
Oct 12, 2015 3:48 am
Proceed to thread 1.2 Descent to the Sewers.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.