Tatooine - Owen Fortuna

load previous
Oct 6, 2015 7:08 pm
Owen glances around the room from beneath the xexto, and stops struggling. He brushes dirt off his coat as he gets up.

"Alright, I get the picture. You can have the credits, Noof. But don't think I'll forget this."
Oct 6, 2015 7:15 pm
"Heh, I'm sure you won't." Noof says with a smirk. "It's too bad you're such a coward. I was looking forward to smashing some skulls tonight. Now get out of my bar." he says as he jerky his thumb over his shoulder toward the door.
Oct 6, 2015 7:20 pm
Owen ignores the jeering aliens behind him as he leaves the rundown bar and steps out into the bright Tatooine sunlight.

"Nice day! Now I need to figure out how to get off this planet without any credits..."
Oct 6, 2015 9:34 pm
Owen had been avoiding this next step since he arrived in Mos Eisley, but he knew it was time to visit the Hutt.

He started to raise his arm to flag down a speeder taxi, but then he remembered he had bet the last of his credits. Owen trudged off down the crowded street toward the Mos Eisley Cantina, where he hoped he could get some work. Anything that would pay enough to get him off this dusty planet.
Oct 8, 2015 4:11 pm
As you walk into the cantina, you are hit with a wave of smells from dozens of unwashed aliens from as many worlds. As you sit in an unoccupied booth you're eventually approached by a human wearing gaudy jewelry over a fine silk tunic."You looking for work my friend? Because my boss is always lookin for new pilots." he asks.
Oct 8, 2015 4:25 pm
"As a matter of fact, I am looking for work. Let's go see your boss," Owen says as he downs his drink and gets up from the table.
Oct 8, 2015 5:46 pm
The human leads you to a back room with a strong gamorrean guarding the door. The human leads you through the door to a dark room where a young hutt is lounging. The man races up and whispers in the hutt's ear. "My recruiter tells me you are looking for work smuggling. Is that true?" the hutt asks in huttese.
Oct 8, 2015 7:58 pm
Owen is always caught off guard by the size of a Hutt whenever he speaks with them. He can't help but think about how the Hutt resembles a giant, fat lekku, detached from an unfortunate twi'lek's head. He grits his teeth and then steps forward.

"Yes, I am looking for work. I have a ship and I am a capable pilot. I can handle anything you offer."
Oct 9, 2015 3:57 pm
The hutt, Teeba erupts in booming laughter. "Gareth, you've brought me a confident one this time! Well let's see if he is as good as he claims. I've got some crates of spice in need delivered to Corellia. I'll pay you 1000 credits once the delivery has been made."
As the hutt is talking, your comm chips impatiently with a call from the droid you recently hired to fix your ship. Teeba frowns, "I'm sorry, am I interrupting something?" he asks angrily.
Oct 9, 2015 6:07 pm
The chirping from his commlink surprises Owen. He had almost forgot about the droid he hired! He had planned to get his ship repaired and upgraded with all the new credits he would win, but that didn't work out like he hoped...

Owen turns aside and brings his commlink near his face. "I'll be with you in a minute!" he whispers, then faces Teeba again. "My Lord Teeba, I accept your gracious offer. I will deliver the crates to Corellia safely, I guarantee it." Owen says, finishing with a deep bow.

"If you would be so kind, Teeba, a down payment up front would be extremely helpful in getting your goods off planet quickly and quietly."

Rolls

Persuading Teeba to pay a portion up front (Charm)

3 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 9, 2015 8:05 pm
it'll be 2 purple to convince him to pay some upfront.
Oct 9, 2015 8:07 pm
Adding to previous roll

Rolls

Adding to previous roll

2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Oct 9, 2015 8:08 pm
So 1 success, 1 advantage
Oct 9, 2015 8:16 pm
"Ho ho ho ho, I like this one's brashness. First day on the job and already making demands. I'll give you twenty-five percent upfront, but do not make me regret this." bellows the young hutt. He then indicates he is done and the human servant rushes forward to usher you out."We'll get those credits transferred to your account right away and the cargo should be delivered to your docking bay within the next few hours. I suggest you be ready to go by then." he tells you as you leave the backroom.
Oct 9, 2015 8:34 pm
Quite pleased with himself, Owen leaves the cantina and walks back to the spaceport dock where he left his ship. He remembers the droid had interrupted him earlier, and so he calls the droid back. "Droid, are you still there? What did you need to tell me?"
Oct 10, 2015 2:26 pm
Over the comm you hear some muffled voices. Listening closely you can make out, "Looks like we're gettin' us a droid and a ship today."
Oct 10, 2015 3:03 pm
Owen quickly shuts off his comm. No use in letting these thugs know he was coming. By now he's reached the docking bay for his ship. Owen draws his blaster and quietly walks up the entry ramp into the ship.

Rolls

Stealthy entrance into ship (Stealth)

2 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 11, 2015 1:25 pm
It'll be 1 purple for the difficulty and let's continue it in steve's thread.
Oct 11, 2015 6:26 pm
Rolling difficulty...

Rolls

Adding difficulty to previous roll

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

You do not have permission to post in this thread.