Chapter Four: Castle Naerytar

load previous
Mar 19, 2019 6:04 pm
"There’s no need for that. We’re friends here, aren’t we? You trust us!"
OOC:
Casting Friends

Rolls

Persuasion (w/advantage) - (1d20+6, 1d20+6)

1d20+6 : (10) + 6 = 16

1d20+6 : (8) + 6 = 14

Mar 19, 2019 6:21 pm
Bughu looks to Erich. "Show 'im the note, boss," he says.
Mar 19, 2019 7:21 pm
Erich pulls the note out and shows the kobold.

Note where the Wyrmspeaker grants me unfettered access wherever I need. Disturbing the Wyrmspeaker now would mean the end of you, and your clan's, existence. They gave explicit instructions.
Mar 21, 2019 12:13 am
The kobold looks over the note twice and then nods, "Looks right to me," he says, "Follow me!"

He leads you north and then through a couple of chambers before you reach a set of stairs going down, "Here it is," he says with a bow, "Be careful, not everything down there is friendly, I hear."
Mar 21, 2019 12:45 am
Bughu gives a curt nod of acknowledgement, and begins to head down the stairs.
Mar 21, 2019 12:51 am
"Not a lot up here that's friendly either." Leema thinks, keeping perfectly quiet.
Mar 21, 2019 5:19 pm
You serve well, you are a credit to your clan. Erich says with a nod, before heading down the stairs.
Mar 23, 2019 12:21 am
The steps down spill out into a large chamber. The chamber is brightly lit by one lantern hanging next to the entrance steps and another hanging near the northwest opening. The chamber is empty, but there are three exits: Northwest, East, and Southeast. Water pools at the entrance to the Northeastern tunnel.
Mar 23, 2019 2:47 am
Bughu points to the northwest opening and the lantern that reveals the path. As a precaution, he loads his hand crossbow and keeps the weapon in easy reach.
Mar 24, 2019 1:19 am
Erich nods and proceeds towards the northwest opening, keeping his head high and his chest out.
Mar 24, 2019 4:19 pm
Quietly following the others, Leema's hand finds the old dagger hilt she keeps in her pocket. Her fingers trace the engraved flaming sword on the pitted iron piece as she prays for both her safety and that of her new companions.
Mar 26, 2019 5:02 pm
As you proceed into the next chamber, you see that it is filled with mist. Even through the mist, you can faintly see three more paths. One leads northwest, another leads southwest, and the last leads south.
Mar 26, 2019 5:05 pm
Bughu looks for clues on which path to take; perhaps the footprints of a cultist, or a half-dragon with acid breath.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+4)

(4) + 4 = 8

Mar 26, 2019 7:28 pm
While Bughu looks for some clue as to which direction to continue, Leema switches her attention behind her, to ensure they are not being followed.
Mar 27, 2019 7:43 pm
Bughu looks around, but doesn't see anything that would make it clear where to go from here.
Mar 27, 2019 9:06 pm
"Let's move on," says Bughu, pointing to the northwest. "We'll keep these other two passages in mind if we don't find the portal there."
Mar 27, 2019 10:20 pm
As Bughu starts to move out, Leema quickly reaches out and touches him on the shoulder.

"May Tempus guide us."
OOC:
Guidance: You touch one willing creature. Once before the spell ends, the target can roll a d4 and add the number rolled to one ability check of its choice. It can roll the die before or after making the ability check. The spell then ends. (lasts for one minute)
Mar 28, 2019 7:37 pm
Xalana looks for any critters nearby that can give additional information.

Rolls

Searching for rats (Investigation?) - (1d20)

(13) = 13

Mar 28, 2019 8:07 pm
You go through the tunnel to the northwest and come to a mist-filled chamber. You can faintly see runes carved into the floor in a circular pattern.
Mar 28, 2019 8:16 pm
Bughu stops his progress, not wanting to step onto any of the runes. He looks at Erich. "What do you make of this?" he asks.
load next

Thread locked