Game strategy

load previous
Mar 17, 2016 8:14 pm
Quote:
Round 4

Seeing the bad guy (B1) engaged in a close fight with Rufio and not wanting to risk a friendly fire, Feylinde looks around herself and see the Elf getting close (B2 going to Matilda). So she steps forward blocking the passage to the enemy as she collect magical energy in her palm to blast the elf.
OOC:
I intercept the elf and cast shocking grasp on him:
Cantrip (Evocation, 1 action, Touch, VS, Inst.)
Melee Spell Att (+5 to hit / Advantage vs metal armor); on Hit 1d8 lightning damage and target can't take reactions untill the start of its next turn.

And since I still have not understood if the Elf is wearing metal armor, I roll with advantage ... so If advantage is not granted, Merlin just pick the first roll ^_^
DM: I'm sorry but that's not possible. I can only allow a double move to the south to attempt to intercept the elf.
So the elf dashed and surpassed me.... I thought he was just moving, otherwise I'd have done different things ...
well, what it's done it's done ... anyway, since the map doesn't update during the round, Merlin, can you please tell us what NPCs do with their movement? where they end up at least? please ^_^
Mar 18, 2016 3:56 am
I am overseas on business again, so trying to keep things moving. Don't have access to scanner etc.

No... Elf moved before you. You can't intercept someone when it's not your turn. And to intercept the elf would take 3 moves. And to cast spell would take an action. Which is why I only allowed you two moves.

B1 is exactly as shown on map with Rufio grappling him.
B2 is in the bottom horizontal aisle in the 3rd square from the bottom left corner.
B3 is in the square to the west of Elden
B4 is where shown.
Matilda has moved 30' south of shown.
Mar 21, 2016 10:58 pm
Quote:
Seneia keeps going, running along the same corridor as before towards the south end of the room. She stops right at the end of the corridor, not quite stepping on the sideways passage, still haunting Miss Matilda and waiting for her opportunity.
I need clarification on this. If you do that with a double move you'll bump into the elf (B2). So do you intend to attack the elf?
Mar 22, 2016 5:32 am
Merlin says:
Quote:
Seneia keeps going, running along the same corridor as before towards the south end of the room. She stops right at the end of the corridor, not quite stepping on the sideways passage, still haunting Miss Matilda and waiting for her opportunity.
I need clarification on this. If you do that with a double move you'll bump into the elf (B2). So do you intend to attack the elf?
Oh, I had pictured the situation differently. But in this case, I'm more than happy to attack the elf. In fact, if it's all right for me to change my action a bit, I'd use a Ki point to gain a bonus Dash action and then make an actual attack?

DM: sure
Mar 23, 2016 9:59 pm
Gargoyle, are you going to modify your post?
Mar 23, 2016 10:08 pm
Ack, I keep forgetting about the ability to comment directly into posts, and that it does not trigger email notifications. Done, now.
Mar 31, 2016 12:26 am
Elden's position isn't updated on the map, should I assume that he is in the spot to the very right of B3?
Mar 31, 2016 12:52 am
The map is end of round 6. So yes.
Apr 3, 2016 3:32 am
Alanya might as well be a statue.
Apr 3, 2016 12:00 pm
And she does it so well. You are welcome to add your +5 DM boon any time you like.
Apr 3, 2016 3:26 pm
Just to clarify this point:
Quote:
Feylinde attempts to retaliate against the elf. She unleashes a mighty shocking grasp... (Bad 2 - 8 damage total)
The elf (Bad 2) hits me for 9 damage ... since I had 10 temp HP from Armor of Agathys, he does me no damage at all and I've still 1 temp HP left ... ^_^
Apr 3, 2016 4:13 pm
Yes, the damage noted is against the elf.
Apr 4, 2016 3:12 pm
It appears I'm incapable of rolling double digits. I might as well be rolling a d6. *cries*
Last edited April 4, 2016 3:14 pm
Apr 5, 2016 3:35 am
Moofsalot says:
It appears I'm incapable of rolling double digits. I might as well be rolling a d6. *cries*
I've released you... Call it pity.
Apr 6, 2016 10:40 pm
Thanks! Meanwhile, in another game I haven't rolled less than 17 for the past 4 rounds. Go figure.

Depending on what Alanya sees after moving, she will inspire someone and/or heal Seneia.
Apr 8, 2016 2:44 pm
As this is the big final battle there seems to be a lot of apathy. I realize playing with 7 players was too ambitious, but the condition of participation was to post everyday and to notify me if that's not possible.

Weylan has disappeared and I am waiting on Feylinde.
Apr 8, 2016 3:45 pm
I don't know about everyone else but I'm on the edge of my seat here. As for Weylan, I think Spaceseeker is busy with real life - he has disappeared from all the games he's participating in.
Apr 8, 2016 3:53 pm
Yeah spaceseeker is dealing with family and work stress it sounds like.
Apr 8, 2016 4:26 pm
Understood. If I don't hear from Feylinde I will move things along tonight.
Apr 14, 2016 10:08 am
Sorry guys for the delay ... I am just too busy at this moment of my life to regulary check the posts...
So, since i don't want to waste your time, I sadly resign from the game.
Feel free to use my PC as You please Merlin...

Thank you all for the funny moments. See ya.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.