Game strategy

load previous
Dec 2, 2015 11:50 am
If you recall, you passed through a guard room and descended stairs into the cavern while heading west. You are camped in a passage leading north. The sounds come from the guard room at the top of the stairs.
Dec 2, 2015 12:49 pm
Ah, I didn't remember there were also stairs in that end. I was thinking about the stairs leading to the locked gate we found.
Dec 2, 2015 5:25 pm
Did we keep any fire or the light rock visible while we slept? It could have gone either way, but I guess I'm assuming there is light, since Seneia was on first watch and she explicitly left camp to get out of the light...
Dec 2, 2015 6:02 pm
I assumed there is some small light, so that anyone waking up wouldn't find themselves in total darkness. That might freak you out. Of course, none are needed for Seneia's sake.
Dec 3, 2015 12:33 am
No stairs leading to locked gate. Just 30' passage.
Dec 3, 2015 6:27 pm
woah it's been updated lol .... i'll read all ...sorry for delaing ^^
Dec 3, 2015 6:43 pm
Ok, I think I'm in ninja mode :D
Dec 7, 2015 8:34 pm
Is Seneia able to rush at the elf? She can spend a ki point for bonus dash action, so she can move very quickly and still attack, if need be.
Dec 9, 2015 5:22 am
Merlin says:
(Elden... There are 2 spell casters. You can reach human with spiritual hammer but not elf. Which are you attacking?)

Ooc: apologies, I am overseas so don't have my books so probably can't post anything useful until Weekend.
I'll be attacking the one I can reach, of course :-)
Dec 13, 2015 6:03 pm
Couple questions: is Seneia considered engaged with the half-orc? And how far away is the elf?
Dec 13, 2015 7:00 pm
Elf is about 60' from melee. Seneia was engaged with halfling, who is now dead.
Dec 14, 2015 4:53 am
Ah, OK. Then if the chainmail guy is down by the time it's Weylan's turn, he'll just double-move towards the elf, since he can't move 60', only 50'.
Dec 14, 2015 5:40 am
Just to recap to make sure I understood this correctly. The started 60' away from us. Expeditious Retreat gives him a Dash bonus action (30'+30') each turn. And he used is movement action (30') and normal action (30') to move further. He started 60' away from us, so he'd be at 180' at this point?
Dec 14, 2015 11:19 am
Actually you are correct. I originally intended to cast a spell then run, but remembered elf is silenced so just ran with spell cast previous round.

Moofsalot, sanctuary works with any attacks on individual (except area of effect) but I believe even area of effect is only effective if it's not deliberate to target someone in sanctuary.
Dec 15, 2015 4:01 am
Internet's been wonky so I may pop up now and then but most likely not. DMPC Rufio if necessary. Thanks!
Dec 15, 2015 4:12 am
Just to clarify- does that mean my spell fails? Not sure what Alanya is seeing.
Dec 15, 2015 4:21 am
You are sort of repelled from attacking cleric, so you wouldn't cast spell at him. So spell wouldn't be cast.
Dec 15, 2015 5:15 am
I have a related question about whatever charm or charm-like effect we're experiencing. Is he our buddy now, until the spell ends or he attacks us? This will effect whether we run off after the elf, invite the cleric to dinner, or try another save or something.
Dec 15, 2015 11:51 am
It is Sanctuary, a classic DnD spell. It isn't charm but protection where the cleric is in a pocket of safety. I am simply adding flavor text to explain why you aren't attacking him. You have no desire to attack him. The spell is broken if he attacks you. I have to say this is the most effective use of the spell I've ever seen because usually someone makes the save. Haha.
Dec 15, 2015 4:16 pm
I'm not sure what we're looking at anymore as far as the battlefield goes, and I apologize, I had thought I'd already given my action for Round 2, that's why I didn't do anything.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.