Character Creation and Details

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

load previous
Oct 13, 2015 10:05 pm
I have started cleaning up this thread. I am keeping the entire history in a text file that I will post back for reference. I have moved what character details you have to the first posts you have made on this thread, and removed anything in between. Edit your first post with your character details to update your character.

DMCInactive forever!

Oct 16, 2015 4:53 pm
What classes do we have so far? And any alignment restrictions?
Last edited October 16, 2015 4:53 pm
Oct 16, 2015 5:51 pm
DMC says:
Cleric, Paladin, Bard, Warlock, Fighter
Oct 16, 2015 5:58 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
DMC says:
Cleric, Paladin, Bard, Warlock, Fighter
Thanks Friar. :) I will have a "Party Tracker" post with details and HP and XP tracking once we get players made.

DMCInactive forever!

Oct 16, 2015 6:50 pm
Excellent. Rogue inbound! :D
Last edited October 16, 2015 6:50 pm
Oct 16, 2015 6:52 pm
You guys will have everything covered. Going to be tough to get things by you because there will always be "a check for that" but I like it!

DMCInactive forever!

Oct 16, 2015 10:13 pm
http://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/wallpapers/2014/03/09/292160/big_thumb_f7a4280b020828333d19b8ab229dbed2.jpg

Thalisa Dawnsong began her life in affluence and prominence. Her elven mother and her human father, raised her and her little brother Nathaniel to be non-judgemental, but also taught them that the world at large is not always so. Patience, and a calm, rational mind, was instilled into the children from a very early age.

She was schooled in etiquette and diplomacy, and upon her thirteenth birthday, she met her betrothed; a man by the name of Cevin Myr, and oh how charming he was. With his dashing smile and sparkling blue eyes, Thalisa considered herself the luckiest girl in the world. The Dawnsong family status would grow exponentially with such a union. The Myr family’s mining operation was booming. Ores and precious metals fed a constant stream of trade goods with the dwarves.

And so, on her sixteenth birthday, she was wed to Cevin. But little did she know, that her entire world was about to come crashing down around her. Not only did he take her innocence and purity on their wedding night, but soon thereafter, when the Dawnsongs had made Cevin the beneficiary to their lands and holdings, the real truth become known. "Cevin" was no more than a charlatan. All of his claims were false, even his name, but with a legal marriage and titles to deeds and inheritance, soon her family was left with nothing.

Thalisa soon realized that affluence is fine, when you’re a part of the upper elite, but as soon as you lose that stature, you’re no better than the dregs of society to them.

The Dawnsong’s slept on the streets, scrounging food and coin when they could. Her parent’s marriage became so estranged, that eventually her father forced her mother to use her body so they might survive.

Thalisa’s heart grew cold and bitter. Her anger not only at what had happened, but the weakness that allowed it to happen, hardening her very soul. Love. What a farce. Love was a weakness meant for the soft and needy. Real strength came from needing no one.

So it went for over 5 years for Thalisa. Over that time, a harsh winter and disease took her mother and little brother. Probably for the best, she thought inwardly. The world was no place for someone that needed to be taken care of.

She spent all her time perfecting her craft of survival. From pickpocketing coin and items to sell for food, to using her feminine wiles and dimples to dupe young men into getting what she wanted. She never sullied herself though. Never again, she promised herself, would she give in to that weakness either. If anyone was to be taken advantage of, she would make sure that she was the one in control, and doing the taking.

The final straw came one desperate night, when her father insisted she take up her mother’s "trade". When she said no, and he attempted to make her, she lashed out in anger, breaking a glass vase over her father’s head. The last she saw of him, he was lying in a pool of his own blood. The crimson stains widening with every beat of his slowing heart.

The next year found her going from place to place looking for work, or ways to make a coin. She dealt with anyone that could use her skills and pay her way. It meant nothing to her if they were human, dwarf, elf, orc, or goblin. The ends always justified the means, and if it meant getting back at any wealthy aristocrat, she almost always did it at a discounted fee. The pleasure of getting back at those types of two-faced people that would call you friend, and then turn their back on you in times of need, made it all the sweeter.

But in the back of her mind, always, was Cevin. She would find him, with that perfect smile, and beautiful eyes…and break his face. She would pluck out one of those clear blue eyes and make him look at it before he died.

It was for that reason, that Thalisa found herself in the area surrounding Stolwald. She’d traced a lead on Cevin to there, and was awaiting news from her contacts in the city.

She heard a loud boom, and when she turned and looked through her spyglass, she saw her three contacts running towards the cave and outcropping they were supposed to meet at.

Thalisa swore under her breath as she also saw two men giving chase. She should have trusted her instincts when she considered using these ruffians. They were lazy and stupid, but her desire to finally get a lead on Cevin after all this time, was too irresistible to pass up.

She swore at herself this time, as the three men ran into the cave where she awaited.

"We found summat." One of them said to her, handing her a small parchment.
"You have pursuers." She said calmly, nodding her head to indicate behind them. "No doubt they were alerted by your subtleness." She said with a snort of obvious derision and sarcasm, but that too was lost on these buffoons.
"Ain’t no worry mistress. We can handle ‘em." One of the men said, with a crooked-toothed, and yellow smile as he drew his mace.
"See that you do." Thalisa commented. She couldn’t afford to be tied to this. "I have double payment for the one that gives the killing blow."

This got the three men eager, and they moved into ambush positions just inside the cave.

She turned and headed deeper into the cave, towards some of the exit offshoot passages a few hundred yards inside. As she did so, she stopped a ways in, and glanced back. The men were ready and waiting. They probably could handle things, but she could take no chances.

In their eagerness and greed for coin, the men failed to notice their surroundings. Failed to notice the bags placed strategically around the cavern mouth. Bags stolen from the Myr Mining Company. Likewise, they failed to notice the twine fuses that lined the wall of the cavern, ending where she now stood.

In a single swipe of her flint and steel, she lit the fuses, and dashed off down the tunnel towards the inner exit shafts. She had gotten outside and had just finished tucking her weapons and leather armor into her pack, when she heard and felt the explosion.

She quickly headed down the main road into town in plainclothes, glancing over only once as she passed the trail leading up to the cave entrance. A middle-aged man on his knees was yelling to whatever gods would hear him.

Drawing her hood up, she continued into Stolwald. The parchment of a man’s face, with a perfect smile, and clear blue eyes, rolled up in her pack.

Thalisa spent the next couple years in Stolwald. Her quarry was proving to be elusive prey indeed, and a man of many disguises it seemed. She made contacts, hung out in taverns and bars, and lent her unique services to those that had the means to pay for them.

Some she even took for free, if it meant a lead on the target of her retribution.
Last edited October 16, 2015 10:17 pm

Rolls

4d6

(3443) = 14

4d6

(6115) = 13

4d6

(2524) = 13

4d6

(2256) = 15

4d6

(4332) = 12

4d6

(3231) = 9

DMCInactive forever!

Oct 16, 2015 10:19 pm
Re-rolling one of the 1s, in stat two per the DM's OP.
Last edited October 16, 2015 10:21 pm

Rolls

1d6

(5) = 5

DMCInactive forever!

Oct 16, 2015 10:19 pm
Final stats: 14, 16, 13, 15, 12, 9
Last edited October 16, 2015 10:20 pm
Oct 16, 2015 10:54 pm
Haha, nice DMC, and interesting. I know how to distract your character. :)

DMCInactive forever!

Oct 16, 2015 10:55 pm
Sometimes it is good to go last. You can build and have hooks and ties with everything that has been posted before you.
Oct 16, 2015 10:58 pm
Can't deny that theory. Let's see if Oswald ever figures that out in character. You might get a hammer upside the head. :)
Jan 8, 2016 11:33 pm
Been going over the characters you guys have created again, been a while, and it's reminding me I love you guys, in a D&D way.

I am finishing up some character notes for each of you guys.

- Tea, lets say Earidan was a street kid in Myr, the capital of the Kingdom of Myr. I would like at least one of you guys to be from/know there, so your backstory fits, and it would be the only large city within a few hundred miles of Stowald. You guys may end up there at some point, so I think it would be fitting for one person to "know" it. (You ok with that?)

I will add anything else I come across that might add or be some info your characters can use.
Jan 9, 2016 3:15 am
DMKiado says:
- Tea, lets say Earidan was a street kid in Myr, the capital of the Kingdom of Myr. I would like at least one of you guys to be from/know there, so your backstory fits, and it would be the only large city within a few hundred miles of Stowald. You guys may end up there at some point, so I think it would be fitting for one person to "know" it. (You ok with that?)
Absolutely, being from a larger city makes sense.
Jan 11, 2016 9:57 pm
Added a roll for starting gold to original character post. Finished gear.
Jan 11, 2016 11:19 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
Added a roll for starting gold to original character post. Finished gear.
Cool. I didn't get a chance to post yet. We have a company meeting tomorrow. I may post tonight, or I may wait till tomorrow night. If I post tonight, I may not be able to respond till after our company meeting tomorrow.

DMCInactive forever!

Jan 12, 2016 4:37 pm
Starting Gold for Rogue: 4d4 x 10

Rolls

Starting Gold - (4d4)

(1321) = 7

Jan 12, 2016 5:47 pm
I always run it as starter gear or starter gold, not both. Did I misread that in the PHB? I use starter gold to buy starter gear in lieu of quick build gear.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.