Starfinder: Against the Aeon Throne

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Feb 9, 2019 10:28 pm
I plan on starting another Starfinder game here since my first one fizzled out. I will be running the second Starfinder AP, Against the Aeon Throne.

Your party has been hired to transport goods to the planet of Nakondis out in The Vast. An old friend of yours named Cedona is also staying on the planet, so there's another bonus to this mission.

When you arrive on the planet, you find that the mysterious Azlanti Star Empire has taken an interest in the place. It's up to you to find out what they want and to stop them from achieving their goals.

Character Creation
We will mostly be using the standard character creation rules, with one minor change. You will get 11 points to distribute to your ability scores rather than 10. This will cause all of your stats to be even instead of having one odd score forever.

House Rules
The only major house rule I have planned is in regards to space combat. Instead of using a grid, it will be done more narratively and be done like so:
1. I would have players declare a default combat philosophy for their role
2. I would roll piloting/initiative
3. Everyone declares their action. If someone fails to respond withing a certain timeframe, I would take their round for them, trying to go along with their normal philosophy
4. I resolve all actions and do it all again.

Anyone interested? I would like 4-5 players for this game
Feb 9, 2019 11:28 pm
Never played but wouldn’t mind giving it a shot. If you don’t get enough players I’d be interested.
Feb 9, 2019 11:29 pm
Are Starfinder newbies welcome? I've really been wanting to try it out. I do have a fair amount of Pathfinder experience.
Feb 10, 2019 1:00 pm
I am also a Starfinder newbie, but I, A: Have played D&D and Pathfinder a lot before and B: have a PDF version of the book, so rules-wise I would be ready to go
Feb 10, 2019 1:01 pm
Naatkinson says:

Character Creation
We will mostly be using the standard character creation rules, with one minor change. You will get 11 points to distribute to your ability scores rather than 11. This will cause all of your stats to be even instead of having one odd score forever.
Is there a type-o here? 11 instead of 11?
Feb 10, 2019 1:47 pm
runekyndig says:
Naatkinson says:

Character Creation
We will mostly be using the standard character creation rules, with one minor change. You will get 11 points to distribute to your ability scores rather than 11. This will cause all of your stats to be even instead of having one odd score forever.
Is there a type-o here? 11 instead of 11?
Yes, thank you for pointing it out. It should say '11 instead of 10' now
Feb 10, 2019 3:08 pm
Hi! Im interested but never played before starfinder, i read the corebook a couples of days ago and im interested in trying this space setting D:
I only have experience with D&D 5e and Numenera, but otherwise im up to learning the ropes and give my best! D:
Feb 11, 2019 2:34 pm
I've read and played starfinder, so I'll gladly join if you'll have me.
Feb 11, 2019 3:44 pm
Seems quite a new system to me... but I would be all in for it
Feb 11, 2019 7:29 pm
I'm in if you still have space.
Feb 12, 2019 12:46 am
I've invited boufan, turtledragon, and 78RPMLife

Please click this link to accept your invite and get started :)

The rest of you, I will keep as backup if you want me to!
Feb 12, 2019 3:31 am
Sure, seems fair enough. I'll be waiting, and lurking :)
Feb 12, 2019 1:13 pm
fair enough - you don't want a total starfinder-ignorant team, but ill be waiting
Feb 12, 2019 2:28 pm
runekyndig says:
fair enough - you don't want a total starfinder-ignorant team, but ill be waiting
Don't worry, if something happens, you're next on my list!

Also, two of the players were from a prior Starfinder game I ran on here that died out
Feb 13, 2019 10:25 am
Naatkinson says:
runekyndig says:
Don't worry, if something happens, you're next on my list!

Also, two of the players were from a prior Starfinder game I ran on here that died out
Sounds good - I'm having fun character creating

You do not have permission to post in this thread.