Chapter 2: Smoke on the Water

load previous
Apr 14, 2019 6:32 pm
Nela says referring to Cap, He's not all that bad, but I must say he has seen better days. With her attention to Jineer, Don't see how he could find it in his heart not to help you in some way. Can't rightly say what that aid might be, but it has to be better than your current sailing life. Doesn't appear Nela is thrilled with thinking Jineer is a captain or accept it. Treats her more like a lost soul on the seas.
Apr 15, 2019 3:10 pm
The Kestrel makes good time and covers the three leagues in an hour and a half, but Alcyestris is nowhere to be seen. You patrol the area for several more hours. Just when you begin to wonder whether this was a bad, futile idea, a call comes down from the crow's nest, "Land, ho!" Sure enough, a sizable island is sighted to the north.

"There she is! That's mom!" Chelonax cries happily. At first, you don't understand, but then the island begins to move closer faster than the Kestrel's movement can account for, and then it begins to make sense. Finally, an ancient, scaled head breaks the water's surface.
[ +- ] Alcyestris
The gigantic dragon turtle matriarch fixes you with an unblinking gaze. Steam billows threateningly from her nostrils. What do you do?
Apr 15, 2019 4:28 pm
OOC:
I'm happy with the images you've been finding, You have a special talent !
Apr 15, 2019 6:13 pm
"What a damn impressive sight! i've seen giant sharks, even bigger whales and even a small kraken... although that could have been dehydration... nah i definitely saw it." she says before climbing up to the crowsnest for a better look.
Apr 15, 2019 10:37 pm
Nela takes a shot off her rum and runs off to get Cap. Smiles. And his lovely spy glass. Nela doesn't own one. Well she did have that one for a while. While she was gathering up as the previous own seem to left it.
Apr 16, 2019 2:18 am
"Ahem. Aren't you going to introduce us?" Zale prompts Chelonax. More than a little nervous to be face to face with the leviathan, Zale takes a big swig from his hip flask.
Apr 16, 2019 6:39 am
"Oh! Right." Chelonax giggles as she swims forward. "These are my new friends, mom. Can I keep them?"

"No, you most certainly may not keep them!" Alcyestris replies sternly. "Surfacers are filthy, disgusting things! Ugh! Now, get out of the way so I can steam them. And then you are going to get a cleansing in the sulfur vent, young lady!"
Apr 16, 2019 8:39 am
"But mooo-om!.."

"Cheloniidaex Caretta Testudina, you will stop that this instant! We do not bring pests into our home! Now move away while I exterminate them! I will deal with you later."
Apr 16, 2019 4:28 pm
Phillip will come about the decks. "Land i heard someone say?! Do we think the'll be a town out there?"
Apr 16, 2019 5:38 pm
Nela: When you knock on the door of the captain's cabin, he bellows, "GO AWAY! Whatever you bloody want, go ask Ian!"
Apr 16, 2019 10:24 pm
Grog sees the steam bellowing out from angry momma turtle, takes a draught from his mug, and just keeeeps looking at her.
Apr 16, 2019 10:55 pm
Hello. We saved your child from a terrible fate
Apr 16, 2019 11:09 pm
Okay but we seen land. So I guess you should come and see too. She heads backup and probably glad not to heard the turtle was going to do us all in.
Apr 17, 2019 1:27 am
Zale translates for Ian and adds, in Aquan, "Evil creatures sought to enslave Chelonax with this!" he raises the trident in a gesture of offering. "We've come to return Chelonax to you, mighty Alcyestris, and also to ensure this weapon never enslaves another innocent creature ever again!"
Apr 17, 2019 12:10 pm
Hoping that Zale is helping nods.
Apr 18, 2019 5:26 am
Alcyestris roars when she sees the trident. To your relief, she vents the steam she was about to cook you with harmlessly into the sky. Terrified, Magda and some of the deck hands dive for cover. Seething with anger, the dragon turtle hisses, "They dared use that on my daughter?! Show them to me, and I'll give them a piece of my mind! They better not--"
Apr 18, 2019 5:27 am
"They were merrows, mom," Chelonax interjects, "and weresharks! My new friends here killed lots of the weresharks, and I steamed the merrows real good, but they got away."

"We were hoping you'd know how to destroy the trident."
Apr 18, 2019 11:33 am
"You're all fools to give up the trident!" Magda hisses, "Imagine what you could do with beasts like these doing your bidding! You would rule the seas!"
OOC:
Last chance. Are you really giving Alcyestris the trident to destroy?
Apr 18, 2019 11:56 am
Nela ducks for cover as she come back to deck. She is a bit shocked as the manner the big turtle is now.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.