"Steve," Orninoh, Torhaa, and Vakim

Oct 8, 2015 12:48 am
Having been recently hired by the smuggler Owen Fortuna, "Steve" finds himself on the planet Tatooine, left behind on the ship, "High Roller", to do repairs and try to make sense of the tangled mess of wires Owen's "modifications" have left. It seems to be held together by tape and luck.
Oct 8, 2015 3:36 am
Steve is a small Pit Droid standing 1.3 meters, that is heavily rusted wearing child sized heavy duty overalls with the word "Steve" stenciled on the front, utility belt with tools strapped on and a heavy blaster pistol strapped on his back.

Standing in the engine room, Steve looks around in astonishment. Thinking to himself "This One might be able to leave. Ship, designated as ...processing... High Roller, in need of repair. Sooner This One starts the faster This One can leave."

After the initial amazement wears off, Steve hikes up his overalls, tightens his utility belt, turns on his internal scanning systems [scanner goggles] and says "Scanning systems activated." then notices some loose ceiling hull plates and exposed wiring. "Climbing mode activated" [internal climbing gear] and Steve start to crawl up to the ceiling until he is upside down and facing the loose ceiling hull and wiring. Steve studies the area a bit closely and determines the best way to repair this section of ceiling. "Fusion Cutter activated." while saying this Steve's left "hand" folds back and the Fusion Cutter comes to life, while also grsabbing a hydrospanner from his belt in his right hand, Steve gets to work repairing the area all the while saying "Faster... must work faster for new fleshy "master", faster if This One is done faster we leave..."
Last edited October 11, 2015 6:43 pm
Oct 8, 2015 4:12 pm
As you work, you hear the entry hatch open.
Oct 8, 2015 4:46 pm
In the midst of working on the loose ceiling and exposed wiring Steve hears the entry hatch open so he pauses for a moment thinking, "Is the new fleshy "Master" supposed to be back yet? ...processing... Unknown. Activating recon mode." Steve turns off the Fusion Cutter, flips in back into his hand and puts the hydrospanner back into his utility belt. Then carefully opens up a nearby air-duct and stealthily goes about locating the possible intruder.
Last edited October 8, 2015 4:46 pm
Oct 8, 2015 5:52 pm
At the entrance you see a skinny Mon Calamari unplugging a Datapad from the port outside the hatch. Next to him is a muscular Weequay with a blaster rifle.

"You sure there is no one on board?"the mon calamari asks as he carefully walks in.

"Ain't nothing in there. Owner is out and I ain't seen anyone else comin' or goin'. The ship is all ours." replies the big one.
Oct 8, 2015 7:02 pm
Steve cocks his head a bit while overhearing this and clicks on his internal comms link to Owen so the Fleshy Master can hear. Then proceeds to carefully follow them hoping to see if they separate, while slowly unsheathing his Heavy Blaster Pistol. As Steve follows them he uses his internal Scanning Goggles to get some more information on them, what they are wearing, any extra weapons or anything of note.
Oct 9, 2015 3:52 pm
The two would-be ship-jackers head toward the cockpit, talking amongst themselves as they go. The little one checks his hand scanner. "Yeah, I guess you were right. I'm not picking up any lifeforms on board." he says after a quick scan of the room.
"See I know what I'm doing. Best you remember that next time." the Weequay confidently responds.

OOC: If you could give me a 2 purple Stealth check. You can add a boost (light blue) because they don't know you're there.
Also a 1 purple Perception if you wanted to scan them.
Oct 9, 2015 4:55 pm
Roll for scanning.

Rolls

Perception with scanning

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

adding for perception

1 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Oct 9, 2015 4:56 pm
Roll for stealth.

Rolls

Roll for stealth.

1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Threat

agility is rank2 so adding to green die

1 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 3 Advantage

Oct 9, 2015 5:06 pm
So you've also got to roll your good dice which come from your skills at ability scores. So for Stealth because you don't have any ranks in that skill it just uses Agility so your 2 Agility translates to 2 green dice. Now you do have ranks in perception so you take the ability for it (cunning) and upgrade the dice by however many skills you have. So you have 2 Cunning which would be 2 green, but your 1 rank in perception upgrades 1 of the greens to a yellow making your pool 1 green 1 yellow for Perception.
Oct 9, 2015 8:04 pm
As you are trying to both follow them and scan them, Steve fails to notice the uneven floor plates. He trips and goes crashing to the ground. As you stand up, the big one is now standing over you looking down. "Ha, looks like we're gettin' us a droid and a ship today." he bellows as he reaches down to hit Steve on the nose to collapse him. At the same time, Owens voice comes over the comm, "I'll be with you in just a second."

OOC: Because of your advantages from the last rolls, they don't expect much from a pit droid so you can add 2 boost to whatever roll you make next.
Oct 9, 2015 9:50 pm
After his fall, he gets back up shakily. Thinking fast, he spreads his arms wide and says "May This One hug my new Fleshy Masters? And after, may This One finish completing repairs to the air-ducts?" .

OOC: I am guessing anything said Owen can hear, but as Steve's comms are internal only he can hear them?
Last edited October 11, 2015 5:46 pm
Oct 10, 2015 2:23 pm
"Yeah, and clean this place up some. Maybe we can get some more for this if it doesn't look like a hutt lives here." The Weequay turns back toward the cockpit as you hear the engines kick on.
Oct 10, 2015 3:03 pm
"Yes, Fleshy Master. Allow This One to show my gratitude for your acceptance of This Ones help here." Steve walks casually behind the Weequay and hugs him. And as he is latched on activate the Shock Gloves installed in his "hands". (making sure his hands are on un-clothed areas)
Last edited October 11, 2015 5:46 pm
Oct 11, 2015 1:34 pm
As the Stun pulse coarse through the thug, he stiffens, then falls backwards. The mon calamari jumps up in alarm. He mutters something incoherent as he raises his blaster pistol.

I'll need initiative check from you. It'll be a cool check with no difficulty

Rolls

Mon calamari initiative

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Oct 11, 2015 1:45 pm
I also need each of you to roll a white die for the destiny pool.
Oct 11, 2015 5:27 pm
rolls, per request

Rolls

green for initiative, white for destiny

1 Success, 1 Black Force Point

Total: 1 Success

Oct 11, 2015 5:39 pm
As Steve finishes his hug, he notices the Mon Calamari get ready for a fight. He cocks his "head" to the right, and says "What is the matter Fleshy Master? Do you want a hug too? hmm this one thinks not. This one thinks that the Fleshy Master needs to be taught a lesson. Don't worry though. This one will take you apart and find out what is wrong and fix you better, same a the other Fleshy Master. Activating Fleshy Master Maintenance Mode."

After saying that, Steve casually takes out his heavy Blaster Pistol in his right "hand" and then with his left, flips it back to the Fusion Cutter and turns it on.

That was just him talking, I will wait for the DM to establish initiative before making an attack.
Last edited October 11, 2015 5:48 pm
Oct 11, 2015 8:57 pm
"Stay away from me you malfunctioning droid." the mon calamari yells as he fires his blaster pistol. One of his shots hits Steve square in the chassis, but the others ricochet around the room causing him to jump up directly in line with Steve's blaster.

Owen, having snuck aboard the ship, you hear the sounds of a firefight coming from your cockpit.
He did 9 damage to you, but you subtract whatever your Soak is from that, and you add a boost to your next action.

Rolls

Shooting

4 Success, 2 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 2 Threat

Oct 11, 2015 10:55 pm
Steve pauses a moment and looks down at the wound in his "chest". "Fleshy Master, it is not good to abuse you'r Droids. This One will teach you a lessen in how treat This One properly. Activate Lesson Mode." Steve Activates the Fusion Lantern in his "eye" to blind his target. Aims his Heavy Blaster Pistol and fires.

OOC: What does the blue Boost die do? I have rolled it before and it is always blank.
Last edited October 11, 2015 10:56 pm

Rolls

Shooting asshole Fleshy Master, using 2 blue boost per DM from earlier

3 Success, 2 Advantage

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

adding purple die to shot

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.