Character Creation Workshop

load previous
Mar 13, 2019 10:38 pm
Great, thanks. That is helpful. I think Viani might be slightly religious then. It probably won't be a huge factor in her life but it suits her
Mar 13, 2019 10:43 pm
78 has cleared my proposal, so Verrian is currently teaching at the School of Seven Stones, which would provide a means for her to know and interact with Viani and any other students in the mix.
Mar 14, 2019 12:34 am
Here's Ember!

She's a smol troublemaker. And I realize now she can't actually cast a spell like that. It's so hard not taking Prestidigitation! I may have to change my mind XD

So, Ember's take on folks.

Ephwrath - Likely hasn't met him.

Elora - Ember hasn't seen her much, but she doesn't get any bad vibes off her.

Viani - Nice gal. Tips well. Stares a lot, but eh? What else is new? Ember probably shouldn't mention how she got her burns around Viani.

Krav - I'm not saying that tiny Ember made some poor entertainment choices, but Krav was definitely her favorite fighter back in the day.

Yelnar - Ember thinks it's fascinating, as someone who came from a magical bloodline, that sometimes people don't get the inherited powers. She asks him about the college, and loves chatting with him. Er. At him? He helped clear up a possible confrontation at the tavern a while back (which she totally had under control), and she's got a lot of respect for the guy.

Verrian - Like a Freshman in high school actually acknowledged by a Senior, Ember would love to have a good relationship with Verrian, even if she isn't sure how to proceed.

EDIT: I am following my heart. Being true to myself. Not Meta-gaming.

And taking Prestidigitation XD
Last edited March 14, 2019 11:44 am
Mar 15, 2019 3:25 am
It's kind of weird, but its almost ended up like I was metagaming in creating Yelnar with the way the party has ended up. I wanted to try out the Polearm Mastery AoO build, and the concept for the character of Yelnar flowed really easily.

I figured if he couldn't be a wizard like his brothers, he would at least work to be able to protect wizards, which is apparently one of the strengths of this sort of build. Then he ended up in a group full of casters lol.
Mar 15, 2019 3:34 am
Before I forget wanted to say thanks for the support everyone!

@chunky I agree, pretty funny imo.
Mar 15, 2019 3:55 am
Just to note: I'm out a lot of this weekend, between my daughter turning 9 and a couple of birthday parties to take kids to on Sunday. I'm going to open the Chapter 1 IC thread on Sunday night (Pacific US time, for the curious), so if anyone wants to make changes to their sheets, try and have it done before then. If you're struggling with putting it all together, skip generic equipment, encumbrance and money. The School will outfit you as you see fit, and I hate tracking encumbrance even when I'm working from a tabletop grid with miniatures. Try and focus on getting skills and ability scores under wraps, and we can flesh out the rest as we go. There will be some introductory RP before we get to any serious dice rolling anyway. But, you know, sense motive and perception and so forth, those are always useful... ;)

I will be around tomorrow (Friday) for questions and such, but I'm going to try (and probably fail) to not check the forums so often so I can get a manuscript done for work.

Also, Elora, I added your last name into the prologue. :)
Mar 15, 2019 4:03 am
78RPMLife says:
Just to note: I'm out a lot of this weekend, between my daughter turning 9 and a couple of birthday parties to take kids to on Sunday. I'm going to open the Chapter 1 IC thread on Sunday night (Pacific US time, for the curious), so if anyone wants to make changes to their sheets, try and have it done before then. If you're struggling with putting it all together, skip generic equipment, encumbrance and money. The School will outfit you as you see fit, and I hate tracking encumbrance even when I'm working from a tabletop grid with miniatures. Try and focus on getting skills and ability scores under wraps, and we can flesh out the rest as we go. There will be some introductory RP before we get to any serious dice rolling anyway. But, you know, sense motive and perception and so forth, those are always useful... ;)

I will be around tomorrow (Friday) for questions and such, but I'm going to try (and probably fail) to not check the forums so often so I can get a manuscript done for work.

Also, Elora, I added your last name into the prologue. :)
I'm working on getting everything into Hero Lab, including building the Naucan race (really just adding a couple of traits to the Half Elf race). If past experience is any indication, this will result in something rather train-wrecky with much wailing and cursing. Eventually, a character sheet will be squeezed out like the last, tired remnants of toothpaste from the tube.
Mar 15, 2019 5:06 am
I can look your sheet over once it's done or help you with questions. I have some Pathfinder experience and should be able to see anything big that's wrong or missing
Mar 15, 2019 5:07 am
Thanks! I will take you up on that. :)
Mar 15, 2019 11:55 am
I can also help. I DM pathfinder on here and for my home group. Also use herolab.
Mar 15, 2019 1:03 pm
Thinking about, her distrusting nature, I adjusted Ember a bit to have better Sense Motive. Perception is lame, though.
Mar 15, 2019 1:18 pm
I'm sure a few of us will have good enough perceptions to cover for ya. Shiloh gives Krav a big boost to perception, for example.
Mar 15, 2019 1:35 pm
kona says:
I can also help. I DM pathfinder on here and for my home group. Also use herolab.
Well, here's a question you might be able to answer. When I was trying to add a race in Hero Lab, I was trying to use the Copy function so that I could use Half Elf as the template and just add a couple of variant characteristics. But all the choices appeared to be non-standard races; Half Elf wasn't there, nor Elf or Dwarf or anything else you'd expect. Is there something I need to buy and attach to get that, do you think?
Mar 15, 2019 1:56 pm
I only have it on my ipad now, so I don't have custom race creation possibilities any more. On iPad I'd probably pick Half-Elf and just use adjustments to add/remove the characteristics. Then when I put the info over here on Gamersplane, I'd just change the race name. I wouldn't expect you need anything but the CRB to do that though since it's a core race.

When I did have the PC version, creating custom content was pretty laborious, so I avoided it if I could haha. Even doing simple things like combining a Cloak of Resistance with Muleback Cords felt like it took programming knowledge sometimes. Now that I type all of that out, I did have problems copying data from relatively standard items and had to create my own in the past. From what I've read, the smarter thing to do is copy the whole environment so you can edit/copy everything freely (that's also good so you aren't editing the source code.) I couldn't be arsed though, so I never tried.
Mar 15, 2019 2:06 pm
Yeah, I should probably use Half elf and just tweak the variant elements in GP. Not sure why that didn't occur to me in the first place, lol.
Mar 15, 2019 7:49 pm
Apparently Yelnar and Viani are going to keep the baddies at bay with reach weapons (bardiche and ranseur). Fun!
Mar 17, 2019 6:10 pm
I want to practice. Can I draw anyone's character?
Mar 17, 2019 6:26 pm
You could draw some NPCs for me? I’d love an image of a couple of the people in the prologue: Tullen Rothenend (Master of Whitestone College, described at end of prologue part 2) and Ildinale Briem (Opal College, halfling at the start of the second prologue post with the goggles on her forehead and maps in her arms).

PC requests would probably take precedence though. :)
Mar 17, 2019 6:35 pm
I can do that! I've got a drawing for bowlofspinach in a different game, and a couple for my game, but the more the merrier!
Last edited March 17, 2019 6:38 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.