Paranoia XP

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 8, 2019 11:03 pm
Hi all, I’ve always wanted to run a game of Paranoia, but I’ve always felt like the logistics of running it IRL would be way too complicated.

I’ve recently read through an adventure that sounds like fun and I think it would work well on PBP.

This will be my first game GMing on here and I am looking for 4-6 PCs to play the rolls of one of 6 pre gen characters for a series of missions.

In terms of tone, I'm thinking somewhere inbetween Ghostbusters and 1984. Citizens are monitered, treason is around every corner, and demonstrations of loyalty to friend computer (and Alpha Complex) are routinely requested.
Characters may be funny in some way, but they should have real goals (advancement in their secret societies, To Break Free from Alpha Complex, To meet other Secret Mutants, To Gain The Computer’s Favor, etc) and they may be put into Dangerous Situations.

It is possible with a little Googling to find a PDF of the PARANOIA XP Service Pack ONE suitable for RED clearance. This is also where you would look up the rules to Creating your own character, which I advise against.

Also, you shouldn't read anything in the ULTRAVIOLET section.

I can commit to posting at least once a week (sometimes more.) We will run 3 missions and then decide either to retire or continue the game at that time. If a Player is silent for one week, without first notifying the group, She will be booted.

If you're interested, the game description is here:
Last edited March 9, 2019 1:20 am
Mar 9, 2019 12:03 am
OG Paranoia is a game I considered running back when I first joined but never got round to it. I'm not familiar with the game as it stands now, but I'll gladly join!
Mar 9, 2019 1:22 am
Not knowing the rules is the perfect position to be in as exhibiting knowledge of the rules may be considered treason.
Mar 9, 2019 12:47 pm
All hail friend Computer.
Mar 9, 2019 5:57 pm
Knifesedge, I've accepted you to the game, let me know if you have any trouble accessing the Pre gen characters. Also, still looking for more loyal citizens.
Mar 9, 2019 6:52 pm
I would be a very loyal citizen. All honor to friend computer. I will send you an app.
Mar 9, 2019 7:17 pm
I'd be very interested in joining as well. I've never played Paranoia before but I'd love to try it out
Mar 10, 2019 12:06 am
You've both been accepted. You should be able to access the pre gen character forum. Character #1 has been taken and there are 5 remaining to choose from.
Mar 11, 2019 4:06 pm
We still have three player slots open if anyone is interested in a game of PARANOIA
Mar 11, 2019 4:27 pm
Hi Justin, I have no idea what the game is about and, apparently that is good, so I'm in if you'd take me ;)
Mar 11, 2019 6:56 pm
Hail Friend Computer Comr.... Friends!
Mar 11, 2019 7:58 pm
excellent, you've both been approved. Pre Gen Characters 3, 5 and 6 are all still available. Just go to the thread and make your choice. First come, first served. We still have one slot remaining for an interested player.
Mar 12, 2019 6:00 pm
Looking for one more loyal citizen to round out the Troubleshooter team
Mar 13, 2019 4:12 pm
Still looking for one more applicant to play Paranoia. Game will probably start on Monday.
Mar 15, 2019 9:49 pm
I'm interested. Tried joining a game last year on here, got started, then the GM went MIA shortly after.
Mar 16, 2019 4:40 am
Glad to have you citizen. You may now access the remaining pre gen and follow the instructions for submitting your character. I am out of town for the weekend but I hope to start the adventure by Tuesday, possibly sooner.
Mar 22, 2019 5:40 am
Hi all, we've had two spots open up. Our game is just beginning, so if you'd like to play, we have space and it's a good time to jump in
Mar 27, 2019 12:22 pm
Hi! Not sure if it's too late, but I would like to join in your Paranoia game! :)
Mar 27, 2019 2:50 pm
You've been approved, just head over to the pre-gens and pick one of the remaining characters
Apr 1, 2019 8:54 pm
Friend computer, I would be happy to help you destroy those commies.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.