The Stanley Parable

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 14, 2019 10:44 pm
Ok so I have never played this game, but I've heard it described as nearly a work of art. Might mess with your mind a bit. And now it's on sale on Steam for $3.74. Has anyone played it?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/221910/The_Stanley_Parable/
Mar 14, 2019 11:13 pm
Ive played it. Over. and Over. And Over. And Over. Its a hilarious game. lighthearted but also so deep depending on the path you take.
Mar 14, 2019 11:22 pm
Play it, kona. It is worth every penny.
Mar 19, 2021 5:46 pm
I've watched this game on YouTube the other day, it seemed like a pretty well thought game, with a decent narration and many possible paths. As a commenter mentioned here, it may mess with our brain!
Mar 19, 2021 6:23 pm
This is one of those games that become less impactful the more you know about it. It's widely viewed as "interesting" if not actually "art" (that's a deeper conversation), and at the price of a cup of coffee, I'd say it's worth at least a try. Enjoy!
Mar 19, 2021 6:33 pm
Abolutely.
Mar 19, 2021 6:43 pm
Original post in this thread was made in 2019, but that aside, I like seeing Stanley Parable getting some love, it sure is an interesting game! I also really enjoyed The Beginner's Guide, from the same developer, in case some people haven't heard of it. :D Though it is not for everyone (but what is?).
Last edited March 19, 2021 6:44 pm
Mar 19, 2021 7:07 pm
A friend of mine was in a theater play version of Beginner's Guide not too long ago. I missed it, unfortunately, but it was an interesting concept
Mar 19, 2021 7:32 pm
FlyingSucculent says:
Original post in this thread was made in 2019
Lol, missed that. Oh well.
Mar 19, 2021 7:33 pm
Looking back in this thread is like a time capsule. I've played with all three of the original posters before but they're all inactive now
Mar 19, 2021 7:54 pm
You’re saying that there are three inactive players and you’re the common factor?
Mar 20, 2021 11:35 pm
bowlofspinach says:
A friend of mine was in a theater play version of Beginner's Guide not too long ago. I missed it, unfortunately, but it was an interesting concept
This sounds intriguing, but how did it even work? :0 From what I remember of the game, it's pretty much just one person narrating and monologuing. I can't imagine how it would make an effective play... Though there are probably plays that consist mostly of monologuing. XD
Mar 21, 2021 7:14 pm
You really need a good actor for these one person shows. Not only a good actor as in skilled, but good as it has to be "their thing". Not everyone can be engaging for 2 hours straight on their own, haha. When it comes to the media of theatre, you can use many props in many different ways to make play engaging. And these games seem like a ground for this experimental theatre type of play haha. Would love to see that...
Mar 21, 2021 7:44 pm
I'll ask him again how they did it. Pretty sure it wasn't a one-person show.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.