Belated Greetings

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Mar 24, 2019 3:11 pm
Hello everyone. I joined here late last year, but didn't really become active on the site until the past month or so.

I've been playing tabeltop RPGs since the early 80s, more often as a GM than a player. I started with Dungeons and Dragons back before there were version numbers, put gaming on the back burner while raising my family, lost ALL my gaming books to water damage and mildew, got back into things through forum-based online roleplaying, then got my kids into it, then found a meetup group and got back to some adult interaction. My local group has had a pretty steady core membership for the past five years, but recently lost our physical space to play; we're trying Roll20 and Google Hangouts starting this afternoon.

I usually run/sometimes play in a biweekly group (5e, BRP, Fate, FFG), run a monthly group (5e) for my 10-year-old and his friends, and spend way too much time prepping. My own game system is almost ready for playtest, and tweaking it takes up too much of my free time.

I find that biweekly games don't scratch my roleplaying itch, and always being the GM gets a bit overwhelming at times. Hoping to find a game or two to play here, maybe eventually run something, too. In fact, I found a game before posting my introduction. I'm not always the best at doing things in the proper order.
Mar 24, 2019 3:17 pm
Welcome back.
Mar 24, 2019 3:17 pm
Welcome thetaodaddy! Hope you find more great games to play here!
Mar 24, 2019 3:21 pm
Oh man I wish my dad had been into ttrpgs... Welcome here~and
Mar 24, 2019 3:36 pm
I’m starting to suspect that you and I are twins. That story sounds almost exactly like mine! Welcome!
Mar 24, 2019 4:06 pm
Hello and welcome.
Mar 24, 2019 5:20 pm
Welcome!
Mar 24, 2019 7:16 pm
Welcome!
Apr 6, 2022 2:01 am
Well. I disappeared for a while, but I'm back. I'm looking for a game to start playing within a couple weeks. Not much has changed except that I'm pretty burnt out on 5e.

A big upheaval in my gaming group (half gone, half still together, merged with the remnants of another group) has made it mostly "5e Only" players who can't be arsed to try other systems. After explaining why another system was cool, one of them even tried to convince me that "you can house rule the things you're talking about in 5e. You can do anything in 5e!" Which, you know... theoretically true. I can also stir my cocktail with a hammer. I get it. I thought that way too, way back when AD&D was all I knew and I first experimented with my own house rules. But I know better now. Pick the system that matches the theme, tone, and feel of the game you want to run.

Anyway... looking for something fun and not 5e. I'm currently into Cortex, particularly the Drama flavor like that amazing game I played here a couple years ago with bowlofspinach, squadfather44, and cosmic_cube.
Apr 6, 2022 2:58 am
Welcome back!
Apr 6, 2022 3:36 am
Welcome back, @thetaodaddy!
Apr 6, 2022 4:22 am
Welcome back Tao!

I really enjoyed our game back then. Unfortunately, I think Cube still hasn't come back. And there's been too much time passed there by now anyway to just pick it up, but I'd be up for playing something like that again with you
Apr 6, 2022 4:56 am
Welcome!
Apr 6, 2022 5:36 am
Welcome, thetaodaddy.
Apr 6, 2022 6:26 am
welcome back
Apr 6, 2022 9:28 am
bowlofspinach says:
Welcome back Tao!

I really enjoyed our game back then. Unfortunately, I think Cube still hasn't come back. And there's been too much time passed there by now anyway to just pick it up, but I'd be up for playing something like that again with you
Yeah, it would be awkward to try to pick it up again, but it was probably my all-time favorite online game and in my top three favorite campaigns of all time. And that's from a guy who's been playing since 1982-ish, so... yeah. It was awesome!
Apr 6, 2022 9:33 am
Thanks for the welcome back, everyone! I look forward to getting my game on soon!
Apr 6, 2022 10:53 am
belated welcome!
Apr 6, 2022 1:25 pm
Welcome back!
Apr 6, 2022 1:43 pm
Welcome back!
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.