Balmorra - Mordecai

Oct 15, 2015 3:44 am
Artillery blast rumble all around as Mordecai and his troops huddle in a bunker. The former jedi's comlink chips and General Tiro Maln's hologram pops up on it. "Sargeant Mordecai, we need you an your squad to advance past the enemy lines and to the north of your position and take out those artillery guns. They have our troops pinned down."
Oct 15, 2015 2:20 pm
"We're on it General." Mordecai smiles with anticipation. His grip on his lightsaber tightens. "Alright Marauders, we've got some racket that needs quieting down. Jax and Wilmic, set up the heavy blaster and give us some cover to cross the line. The rest of you, follow me and try to keep up. I tend to get excited when a heroic charge presents itself. Let's move!" Mordecai and his Marauders rush from their position and begin to move around the enemy lines, looking for a spot to break through. Once they've spotted it, Mordecai leads the charge, sprinting across the battlefield and rushing the enemy guns. A thunderous battlecry rang out from the Marauders, drowning out even the loudest of guns. "For the Republic!"

Rolls

Perception for Weak Point

1 Success

Total: 1 Success

Athletics for Charge

5 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 5 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Perception difficulty

1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Athletics difficulty

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Oct 15, 2015 5:00 pm
It'll be 2 purple for each check.
Oct 15, 2015 6:18 pm
Totals work out to

Perception: 2 threat
Athletics: 4 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph
Last edited October 15, 2015 6:18 pm
Oct 17, 2015 1:21 am
You charge across the scarred land. Up ahead is a trench the Sith have dug. As you race toward toward it, a soldier pops out and begins firing at your group.
Oct 17, 2015 4:09 am
Mordecai closes the distance in a flash and brings his black lightsaber to bare, looking to bifurcate the Sith trooper.

Using advantage to get a boost. Do I get anything for the Triumph?

Rolls

Lightsaber

4 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 4 Advantage

Oct 18, 2015 2:09 pm
the difficulty is 2 purple, but you can upgrade a green to a yellow with the triumph.
Oct 18, 2015 2:35 pm
adding them in. totals are 3 success, 5 advantage
Last edited October 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Rolls

1 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure

Total: 1 Failure, 1 Advantage

Oct 18, 2015 5:57 pm
You leap down into the trench landing on one of the enemy soldiers lightsaber first. The 4 marauders climb in behind you. To the left are three groups of three soldiers who begin raising their rifles toward you and your squad.

I'll need initiative(cool or Vigilance will work) Your entrance has them all intimidated so they'll have a setback next round. (Because of your advantages).

Rolls

Marauders

1 Success

Soldiers 1

1 Advantage

Total: 1 Advantage

Soldiers 2

1 Success

Soldiers 3

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Oct 18, 2015 6:13 pm
"Let's get to it then."

Rolls

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Oct 19, 2015 2:25 am
Alright, you are first in initiative.
Oct 19, 2015 10:44 pm
Seeing enemies all around Mordecai calls back to the Marauders, "Well boys, looks like we got a target rich environment." He then takes advantage of his shocking entrance to rush the third group of Sith trained on his men.

Rolls

Lightsaber Swinging (assuming diff 2 like last time)

5 Success, 4 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 3 Advantage

Oct 20, 2015 1:41 pm
So what would you like to use your advantages for?
Oct 20, 2015 3:06 pm
I'll use them to upgrade difficulty of all the remaining enemy's attacks against the Marauders. Just more intimidation to shock the enemy with my ferocity.
Oct 21, 2015 2:29 am
As Mordecai slices the soldier cleanly in half, the other two let out a battle cry as they level their rifles at the former jedi and open fire. They get a few shot out that hit Mordecai when their guns click out of ammo.

so that's 10 damage before your soak, but thei guns no longer work.

Rolls

Frightened shooting

4 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 7 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 5 Threat

Mordecai Defense

1 Failure

Total: 1 Failure

Oct 21, 2015 2:40 am
The Marauders take careful aim at the first group of sith and fire. One of the Sith soldiers takes a hit in the chest and goes down dead.

Rolls

Marauders firing

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 3 Threat

Oct 21, 2015 2:43 am
That group returns fire and one of the Marauders goes down.

Rolls

Soldiers 1

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 1 Threat

Oct 21, 2015 2:47 am
The final group turns and fires at Mordecai in the middle of the third group, but a near miss almost hits one of their own troops.

So final count, group 1 and 3 are down to 2 members with group 2 having a setback trying to be more cautious with their shots. The marauders are down to 3, while Mordecai took 10 damage before soak.
And we're back to you now.

Rolls

Soldiers 2

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Oct 21, 2015 2:16 pm
Mordecai barely feels the blaster bolt to the chest. He breaths in the smell of burt flesh and scorched earth from the battle around him. Saber in hand, he continues his assault upon the Sith (soldiers 3).
Using advantage to give boost to Marauders.
Last edited October 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Rolls

Slice and Dice the Puny Mice

4 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Advantage

Oct 23, 2015 1:23 am
The last member of the third squad throws down his blaster, pulls out a vibro-knife, and charges at the jedi. He thrusts with the blade, getting past Mordecai's defenses at the expense of leaving himself fully exposed.

5 damage before soak and you get a boost to attack him next time.

Rolls

Soldiers 3

3 Success, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Oct 23, 2015 1:30 am
The Marauders take cover behind some ammo boxes and fire at the first squad again. Another member of the first group goes down.

Rolls

Marauders

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Oct 23, 2015 1:34 am
The remaining member of the first group fires back at the Marauders and hits another member.

The second group shoots at the jedi. they have to stand out in the open. He blast hits Mordecai in the chest, knocking the air from his lungs.

the second group hits even though it says they didn't because a triumph counts as a success, but the roller doesn't account for that apparently.
It does 9 damage before soak and you are winded (you cannot voluntarily suffer strain.)

Now group 1 and 3 only have one member left, the marauders only have 2, and you took 4 and 9 damage before soak.
You will have a boost when you attack squad 2 and 3 next.

Rolls

Soldiers 1

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Soldiers 2

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Threat, 1 Triumph

Critical - (1d100)

(81) = 81

Oct 23, 2015 2:11 am
Did you subtract 10 from the Crit for Durable?

Mordecai continues his assault, doing his best to draw fire from the Marauders.

Not sure what I mechanically do with a triumph but I'd like to use it to wreck all the guys in proximity.
Last edited October 23, 2015 2:13 am

Rolls

Swing at 2

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Triumph

Oct 23, 2015 2:15 am
I didn't so you should be hamstrung instead. You lose your free maneuver till the end of the encounter. For your triumph you want to finish off group 3 and kill someone from group 2 as well?
Oct 27, 2015 1:19 am
The remaining Marauders take careful aim and fire at the last sith in from the first group, and he goes down, bringing a sigh of relief from the Republic soldiers.

Rolls

Marauders

2 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

Oct 27, 2015 1:22 am
The second group of soldiers draw their vibro-knives and stab at Mordecai. While they manage to make it through his defenses, their blades scrape harmlessly off his armor.

They don't manage to get past your soak.

Rolls

Soldiers 2

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Oct 27, 2015 2:27 am
"Time to end this." Mordecai bursts into a flurry, looking to finish off his decimated foes.

Can I just end group 2 with that and call it a fight?
Last edited October 27, 2015 2:28 am

Rolls

Slice'nDice

4 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure

Total: 2 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Oct 28, 2015 2:54 am
Sounds good. You've successfully kill a bunch of sith soldiers.
Oct 28, 2015 10:28 am
Having cleared a path to the guns, Mordecai and the Marauders continue their assault, weaving in and out of Sith defensive fortifications for cover.
Oct 31, 2015 1:27 am
You head through the trench toward the guns. As you round a corner, the trench opens up into a larger area with the artillery cannons in the middle.

You hear the familiar snap-hiss of a lightsaber behind you and turn in time to see a red blade stab through your squadmate. The Sith raises his hand and throws the remaining Marauder into the wall where he lies in a crumpled heap.

For this, I want to try out the order 66's dueling rules (unless you have some strong objections to them) found here http://www.d20radio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=166&t=14273
Oct 31, 2015 4:35 am
Hell yeah I'm down for this. It's time to duel!

Mordecai's face is expressionless as he looks at the corpses of his men. His saber extends and he drops his cloak off of his shoulders, revealing armored robes beneath it. "You just made your final mistake Sith worm." Mordecai drops into a battle stance.

Rolls

Vigilance

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Oct 31, 2015 4:39 am
Gonna bet on me going first so in the interest of time.

Mordecai explodes out of the stance towards his opponent, looking to put the Sith off balance with his speed and ferocity.

Assuming 3 purple because Sith.

Rolls

Bull Rush

3 Success, 5 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Nov 1, 2015 9:44 pm
The sith, not ready for Mordecai's explosive charge takes the brunt of it in his chest knocking him backwards hard against the wall of the trench. He lets out a snarl as he hits.

Rolls

Resilience

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Nov 2, 2015 12:02 am
Mordecai's onslaught continues as he brings his saber down on his foe, taking advantage of the Sith's stunned state.

Whoops, didn't think those added properly to the first role so i guess ignore the second
Last edited November 2, 2015 12:06 am

Rolls

Lightsaber

4 Success, 7 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 5 Advantage

Advantages from previous

Nov 3, 2015 2:23 am
The sith attempts to meet Mordecai strength for strength. Their lightsabers lock and push back and forth till Mordecai knocks the sith's glowing red blade back forcing him to nearly cut his own head off. The sith yells as he ducks back.

Rolls

Lightsaber

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 4 Failure, 3 Threat

Forgotten Defense

2 Failure

Total: 2 Failure

Nov 3, 2015 8:13 am
Taking advantage of his foe's weakness, Mordecai slams his fist into the Sith's face, hoping to leave him stuned and open for a killing stroke.

Using however many advantages to get an upgrade on this check and the rest as setbacks for him.
Also, ouch. Mordecai is brutal. Can I use the 4 advantages/successes to get a crit or something?
Last edited November 3, 2015 8:14 am

Rolls

Brawl

4 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 4 Advantage

From threat last round

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Nov 3, 2015 3:56 pm
Yes. I forgot to tell you to add a boost from his threat so I added it in. With 5 advantages you can Crit with your fists.

Rolls

Critical - (1d100)

(40) = 40

Nov 3, 2015 3:59 pm
With his head ringing from the blow, the Sith staggers to his feet and takes one last desperate swing with his lightsaber. As he is swinging down at Mordecai, one of the artillery cannons gets hit by a blast as it is firing causing it to explode. The huge blast throws both combatants across the field and into the hard wall on the far side.

I'll need a dicipline check for stay conscious.

Rolls

Lightsaber

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Triumph, 3 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Threat, 2 Triumph

Nov 3, 2015 5:43 pm
Mordecai struggles to his feet, barely able to clear his head of the ringing. He immediately starts looking for his foe among the wreckage.
Last edited November 3, 2015 5:45 pm

Rolls

Dicipline (Assuming Will?)

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Perception

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

Nov 6, 2015 4:15 am
As you get to your feet, you see a large smoking crater where the artillery gun has just stood. Closer by, you see the Sith in a crumpled mess on the ground. With the angle his neck is at, it doesn't look like he's getting up ever again.

Take a strain from your threat. Also Mordecai kicked the shit out of the sith.
Nov 6, 2015 10:08 am
"Sargent Mordecai, reporting in. Encountered and neutralized A-class Sith threat and the first gun is down. Squad's been KIA. I'm moving on to finish the job." Mordecai then moves through the trenches towards the second gun.
Nov 7, 2015 7:26 pm
"Roger that Sergeant. Proceed with caution."

If you can make a 2 purple Perception with 2 setback please.
Nov 8, 2015 5:35 am
Mordecai scans the battlefield for his objective.

Rolls

Perception

1 Advantage, 3 Threat

Nov 8, 2015 6:47 pm
As you round the corner, a heavy repeating rifle opens fire on you from down the trench.

Make an Athletics 1 setback to dive out of the way or whatever you'd like to try.
Nov 9, 2015 12:35 am
Mordecai easily ducks under the blasts and draws his saber.
Last edited November 9, 2015 12:37 am

Rolls

Matrix that ish

4 Success, 3 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Initiative (Vig)

2 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

Nov 10, 2015 1:42 am
this guy has the adversary talent, so upgrade 1 purple to a red for each attack

Rolls

Cool

1 Success

Nov 10, 2015 2:02 am
"I pity you for your poor choice in targets friend." Mordecai throws off his black cloak and bounds down the trench, hoping to uppercut his foe with his blade.
Last edited November 10, 2015 2:04 am

Rolls

Cut the Butt (lightsaber)

5 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 4 Success, 2 Threat

Nov 12, 2015 2:31 am
The trooper manages to twist to the side in time to save his head, but the lightsaber cuts deep into his right shoulder. The attack leaves Mordecai more exposed than he anticipated though. The trooper lets go of the turret mounted cannon, and brings up his rifle to fire. The shot misses Mordecai himself, but hits his lightsaber causing it to spark and deactivate.

You'll have to get your saber repaired later when you have access to tool. You also have a boost to your next action.

Rolls

Ranged heavy

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Threat, 1 Triumph

Nov 12, 2015 9:56 am
"You must really be a masochist." Mordecai carefully reattaches his lightsaber to his belt. His gaze is locked on the trooper in front of him as he slides a pair of brass knuckles onto his hands. A devilish smile spreads across his face. "Fine then, we'll do this the hard way"

Rolls

Blunt force trauma (brawl)

5 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 2 Advantage

Nov 15, 2015 1:08 am
Your fist smashes through the soldiers faceplate and into his head. He goes limp in your hands.
Nov 15, 2015 4:11 pm
Mordecai searches for high ground to scout out the rest of the guns, and possibly anywhere to fix his lightsaber.

Rolls

Perception

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Nov 17, 2015 3:30 am
The last of the guns you needed to destroy is just ahead, it looks unguarded, but a crater has blown open the trench to get there. You will be exposed to enemy fire as you cross it.
Nov 17, 2015 9:09 am
Gathering up his strength, Mordecai takes a few hopping steps before breaking into a full force sprint to cross the gap.
Last edited November 17, 2015 4:05 pm

Rolls

Gotta go fast!

5 Success, 2 Advantage, 3 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Advantage

Nov 19, 2015 1:02 am
As you dash across the open area, blaster bolts qiz pass you though none come close enough to hit.
Nov 19, 2015 1:10 pm
Mordecai aproaches the final gun, looking for the best way to disable it quickly.

Rolls

Perception

1 Success, 3 Advantage, 2 Threat

Nov 21, 2015 1:34 pm
Looking around, you see the artillery cannon in the middle of the circular area they've dug out of the trench. Along one side, there are a few crates of weapons.
Nov 22, 2015 4:23 am
Mordecai busts open a weapon crate with his fist and fires a heavy blaster into the ammunition supply.

Boost from advantage

Rolls

ranged (light)

3 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Threat

Nov 25, 2015 2:42 am
The crate explodes in a huge, deafening blast vaporizing the artillery cannon. Almost instantly, the laser blasts from the Republic lines intensifies as they begin their advance.

Once your hearing comes back, you notice your comlink is chiming. "This is General Yardor. Good work out there soldier. No I need you to report to the rear HQ as soon as possible."
Nov 25, 2015 3:24 am
"This is Mordecai. On my way." Mordecai returns to the place where he fought the Sith and collects his hooded cloak. His black, flowing silhouette then glides across the battlefield towards the forward command base.
Nov 26, 2015 6:31 pm
The temporary forward command is inside an old blasted out warehouse, when you enter the commanders are gathered around a holotable which is displaying the unfolding battle. General Yardor looks up and clears his throat, "Ah, very good work out there Mordecai. Your efforts have helped turned the battle in our favor. But that's aside the point for now. The reason I've called you here is you are being summoned elsewhere. You are to report to Corellia immediately for your new assignment. This mission has the highest security clearance so you are not to talk to anyone about it. They will have more details for you once you arrive. We've got a shuttle waiting to take you as soon as possible."
Nov 27, 2015 3:03 am
"Very well General. I will leave at once." Mordecai collects the necessary tools to repair his saber and boards the shuttle, hoping to have his weapon fixed by the time he arrives at his destination.
Nov 30, 2015 1:51 am
The trip gives you plenty of time to repair your lightsaber. After a few days, you feel a lurch as the shuttle comes out of hyperspace. Over the intercom you hear, "We have now arrived in Corellian space. Please buckle up as we make our decent." The ship shakes as the pilot takes you through the atmosphere, but evens out after a bit. Looking out the window, you notice you are landing in a green jedi temple.
Nov 30, 2015 3:17 am
"Son of a gundark. Never thought I'd be caught dead in one of these places again." Mordecai leisurely stands from his bed and dons his robe over his broad shoulders. He prepares to disembark, ready for what will inevitably be a day full of awkward social situations.
Dec 4, 2015 11:28 pm
A jedi dressed in all green robes meets you in the hanger. "If you can come with me Sargent, I'll take you the the meeting room." She then turns and leads you through a twisting path to the center of the temple.

Continued in the upcoming main thread.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.