Balmorra - Mordecai

load previous
Oct 23, 2015 1:30 am
The Marauders take cover behind some ammo boxes and fire at the first squad again. Another member of the first group goes down.

Rolls

Marauders

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Oct 23, 2015 1:34 am
The remaining member of the first group fires back at the Marauders and hits another member.

The second group shoots at the jedi. they have to stand out in the open. He blast hits Mordecai in the chest, knocking the air from his lungs.

the second group hits even though it says they didn't because a triumph counts as a success, but the roller doesn't account for that apparently.
It does 9 damage before soak and you are winded (you cannot voluntarily suffer strain.)

Now group 1 and 3 only have one member left, the marauders only have 2, and you took 4 and 9 damage before soak.
You will have a boost when you attack squad 2 and 3 next.

Rolls

Soldiers 1

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Soldiers 2

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 2 Threat, 1 Triumph

Critical - (1d100)

(81) = 81

Oct 23, 2015 2:11 am
Did you subtract 10 from the Crit for Durable?

Mordecai continues his assault, doing his best to draw fire from the Marauders.

Not sure what I mechanically do with a triumph but I'd like to use it to wreck all the guys in proximity.
Last edited October 23, 2015 2:13 am

Rolls

Swing at 2

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Success, 1 Triumph

Oct 23, 2015 2:15 am
I didn't so you should be hamstrung instead. You lose your free maneuver till the end of the encounter. For your triumph you want to finish off group 3 and kill someone from group 2 as well?
Oct 27, 2015 1:19 am
The remaining Marauders take careful aim and fire at the last sith in from the first group, and he goes down, bringing a sigh of relief from the Republic soldiers.

Rolls

Marauders

2 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

Oct 27, 2015 1:22 am
The second group of soldiers draw their vibro-knives and stab at Mordecai. While they manage to make it through his defenses, their blades scrape harmlessly off his armor.

They don't manage to get past your soak.

Rolls

Soldiers 2

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success

Oct 27, 2015 2:27 am
"Time to end this." Mordecai bursts into a flurry, looking to finish off his decimated foes.

Can I just end group 2 with that and call it a fight?
Last edited October 27, 2015 2:28 am

Rolls

Slice'nDice

4 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 2 Failure

Total: 2 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Oct 28, 2015 2:54 am
Sounds good. You've successfully kill a bunch of sith soldiers.
Oct 28, 2015 10:28 am
Having cleared a path to the guns, Mordecai and the Marauders continue their assault, weaving in and out of Sith defensive fortifications for cover.
Oct 31, 2015 1:27 am
You head through the trench toward the guns. As you round a corner, the trench opens up into a larger area with the artillery cannons in the middle.

You hear the familiar snap-hiss of a lightsaber behind you and turn in time to see a red blade stab through your squadmate. The Sith raises his hand and throws the remaining Marauder into the wall where he lies in a crumpled heap.

For this, I want to try out the order 66's dueling rules (unless you have some strong objections to them) found here http://www.d20radio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=166&t=14273
Oct 31, 2015 4:35 am
Hell yeah I'm down for this. It's time to duel!

Mordecai's face is expressionless as he looks at the corpses of his men. His saber extends and he drops his cloak off of his shoulders, revealing armored robes beneath it. "You just made your final mistake Sith worm." Mordecai drops into a battle stance.

Rolls

Vigilance

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Total: 4 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Oct 31, 2015 4:39 am
Gonna bet on me going first so in the interest of time.

Mordecai explodes out of the stance towards his opponent, looking to put the Sith off balance with his speed and ferocity.

Assuming 3 purple because Sith.

Rolls

Bull Rush

3 Success, 5 Advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Failure, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Triumph

Nov 1, 2015 9:44 pm
The sith, not ready for Mordecai's explosive charge takes the brunt of it in his chest knocking him backwards hard against the wall of the trench. He lets out a snarl as he hits.

Rolls

Resilience

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 4 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Nov 2, 2015 12:02 am
Mordecai's onslaught continues as he brings his saber down on his foe, taking advantage of the Sith's stunned state.

Whoops, didn't think those added properly to the first role so i guess ignore the second
Last edited November 2, 2015 12:06 am

Rolls

Lightsaber

4 Success, 7 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 5 Advantage

Advantages from previous

Nov 3, 2015 2:23 am
The sith attempts to meet Mordecai strength for strength. Their lightsabers lock and push back and forth till Mordecai knocks the sith's glowing red blade back forcing him to nearly cut his own head off. The sith yells as he ducks back.

Rolls

Lightsaber

4 Success, 1 Advantage, 4 Failure, 3 Threat

Total: 2 Threat

Forgotten Defense

2 Failure

Total: 2 Failure

Nov 3, 2015 8:13 am
Taking advantage of his foe's weakness, Mordecai slams his fist into the Sith's face, hoping to leave him stuned and open for a killing stroke.

Using however many advantages to get an upgrade on this check and the rest as setbacks for him.
Also, ouch. Mordecai is brutal. Can I use the 4 advantages/successes to get a crit or something?
Last edited November 3, 2015 8:14 am

Rolls

Brawl

4 Success, 4 Advantage

Total: 4 Success, 4 Advantage

From threat last round

1 Success, 1 Advantage

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Nov 3, 2015 3:56 pm
Yes. I forgot to tell you to add a boost from his threat so I added it in. With 5 advantages you can Crit with your fists.

Rolls

Critical - (1d100)

(40) = 40

Nov 3, 2015 3:59 pm
With his head ringing from the blow, the Sith staggers to his feet and takes one last desperate swing with his lightsaber. As he is swinging down at Mordecai, one of the artillery cannons gets hit by a blast as it is firing causing it to explode. The huge blast throws both combatants across the field and into the hard wall on the far side.

I'll need a dicipline check for stay conscious.

Rolls

Lightsaber

3 Success, 1 Advantage, 2 Triumph, 3 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Threat, 2 Triumph

Nov 3, 2015 5:43 pm
Mordecai struggles to his feet, barely able to clear his head of the ringing. He immediately starts looking for his foe among the wreckage.
Last edited November 3, 2015 5:45 pm

Rolls

Dicipline (Assuming Will?)

2 Success, 1 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Threat

Perception

2 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 1 Success, 2 Advantage

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.