Chapter 3: Silver Isle, Floating Market

Apr 20, 2019 12:30 am
The course is set for Magda's island, and you're off. The sails snap full and the Kestrel leaps before the wind. Magda chatters about her home. It seems there are plenty of silversmiths but only one blacksmith, who lives near the mine up in the hills. She talks about her sisters, and how they can cure the captain, who she's convinced is infected with lycanthropy.

In just over an hour, the island is sighted. Magda points to the southern tip. "The village is there, but the direct approach is a bad idea because of shallow reefs. My cottage is in a cove on the far side. It's safer, and it's nearer to the smith's too! We should circle around."

What do you do?
Apr 20, 2019 12:47 am
Discusses this with the ships navigator
Apr 20, 2019 2:08 am
OOC:
That would be the Quartermaster, Khiiral. It's been a long while since Oxbox was last active here. Hope to hear from him soon!
Apr 20, 2019 3:00 am
Nela comes back to the deck with Domare. So we go on land for a while? Or just drop off her. Seems Nela not to fond of her or the baby.
Apr 20, 2019 5:28 am
"I think our friends want to have silvered weapons made, so that might involve a bit of a stay." Zale also has his misgivings about Magda, even though it was he that rescued her and the baby. "Magda, what do you intend to do about Lena? Where did you say her parents are?"
Apr 20, 2019 12:08 pm
We should get any supplies we can.
Apr 20, 2019 2:26 pm
Nela, who lives on goodberry, Kitty could use some good fresh meat for once. She adds on Perhaps getting on land will help Cap attitude.

And your right we probably should get the ship restocked.
Apr 20, 2019 5:43 pm
"Real food sounds amazing, been living on what I create for so long don't know what flavor is"
Apr 20, 2019 11:49 pm
Nela says let me look at the rod and see if I can figure anything about it. She will retire to her room with it to study it.
OOC:
Attune to figure it out.
Apr 21, 2019 11:14 am
Jack, Nela, and Ian are able to attune to the magic weapons in their possession in the time it takes to sail to Magda's island.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTLKuaHZU3xyOyFGCYq1zc0bEIfjuGLTLNO0rXSWq0EIdx_mqr3
Quicksilver Sword of Crashing Waves
Magic weapon (requires attunement)

The bearer may use a bonus action to change the form of the weapon to any other simple or martial melee weapon. It always counts as a silvered weapon no matter what form it takes.

Once per short rest, when the wielder crits with this weapon, the target and all creatures within 5 feet of it (other than the bearer) must roll a DC 12 Constitution saving throw or be knocked prone by a wave of concussive force.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSjph49y9_Ha5HeWutwI6XDeO9b2PLv-yHSbOoNioRDCT2OaOYb
Purple Tentacle Whip
Rod, rare (requires attunement)

This rod is a magic weapon that ends in three rubbery tentacles. While holding the rod, you can use an action to direct each tentacle to attack a creature you can see within 15 feet of you. Each tentacle makes a melee attack roll with a +9 bonus. On a hit, the tentacle deals 1d6 bludgeoning damage. If you hit a target with all three tentacles, it must make a DC 15 Constitution saving throw. On a failure, the creature's speed is halved, it has disadvantage on Dexterity saving throws, and it can't use reactions for 1 minute. 

Moreover, on each of its turns, it can take either an action or a bonus action, but not both. At the end of each of its turns, it can repeat the saving throw, ending the effect on itself on a success. 

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/b/b6/Drown-5e.png/revision/latest?cb=20171010220719
Trident of Fish Command
melee weapon (trident, martial)

Damage: 1d6 Piercing
Item Rarity: Uncommon
Properties: Range, Thrown, Versatile 1d8
Range: 20/60
Weight: 4

This trident is a magic weapon. It has 3 charges. While you carry it, you can use an action and expend 1 charge to cast Dominate Beast (save DC 15) from it on a beast that has an innate swimming speed. The trident regains 1d3 expended charges daily at dawn.

In addition to beasts, this particular trident can be used to dominate dragon turtles.
Apr 21, 2019 1:20 pm
Jack sits near the gunwale, focusing his attentions on the blade. With a quick blink it shimmers into a longsword, then into a dagger, then back into a rapier.

Now that is very nice. he mutters to himself.
Apr 21, 2019 1:38 pm
Pity...this might be useful.
Apr 21, 2019 2:22 pm
Zale looks out across the water at the village.
OOC:
How far is it? Maybe I can get in the water and help the Kestrel navigate through the reef? If I recall correctly, she still needs repairs.
Apr 21, 2019 3:11 pm
OOC:
It's about half a mile, maybe a mile straight. Considerably farther if the reef is as much of a maze as Magda says.

Yes, the Kestrel is still in need of repairs, so you do need to make port either at the village or Magda's cove .
Apr 21, 2019 3:36 pm
Not the Cap, but rather hit port.
Apr 21, 2019 3:36 pm
What are ye thinking mate?
Apr 21, 2019 3:39 pm
OOC:
DMs note: this post has been moved to the OOC thread.
Last edited April 21, 2019 4:47 pm
Apr 22, 2019 3:41 pm
OOC:
Thats a nice sword!!!! i'm slightly jealous
"So this dragon turtle? What was our deal with it? This is shaping out to be one shitty! cruize. "
Apr 22, 2019 4:06 pm
after we resupply here, we destroy this. it is a danger to her kond
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.