Expedition: White Plume Mountain

load previous
Sep 28, 2016 7:17 am
Boide intones a prayer to the Silverbeard, praising the battle prowess of his companions and administering his blessing to heal their wounds.

"Let's see what these two were so keen on guarding," says the dwarf after his prayers are complete, and he inspects the room.
OOC:
Using 1 Cure Wounds on Tolvaj. If we're taking a long rest after this, I'll use up the remaining 3 spell slots for anyone else, including myself.

Rolls

Cure Wounds on Tolvaj HP - (1d8+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Perception - (1d20+3)

(1) + 3 = 4

Oct 12, 2016 4:33 pm
Boide skims the room, but notes only that it appears to be a living chamber. The furniture giving that away.
Oct 12, 2016 4:37 pm
"Should we rest here, then?" asks Boide, ready with another Cure Wounds for those that need it.
Oct 12, 2016 4:39 pm
"That might be a good idea, it seems like it would be safe in here, though we may want to take care of the bodies first,"
Oct 12, 2016 4:45 pm
"Eh, you're probably right." Boide steps over to the corpses and begins a quick funerary rite. "Lie in peace, even though you bloody well tried to kill us and thought that settling down in this dump was a good idea. And you're not dwarves, so it's not like Clangeddin's gonna show you any favor, but you were brave, so do right in the afterlife and maybe he'll put in a good word for ya."
Oct 12, 2016 4:50 pm
Eithne examines the room, picking things up and sniffing them.
OOC:
I'm tempted to have her mark her mark territory, but let's not go there! :-P She could use one of those heals.

Rolls

Investigation - (1d20+1)

(4) + 1 = 5

Oct 12, 2016 4:52 pm
Boide obliges the druid with divine healing.

Rolls

Cure Wounds on Eithne - (1d8+3)

(3) + 3 = 6

Oct 12, 2016 4:53 pm
OOC:
Is that three votes for a rest? Majority rules.
Oct 13, 2016 12:23 pm
You move the corpses out into the hall with the rotating drum, then close the door to their chambers and bunk in for a few hours. After 6 hours you feel rested, and as refreshed as you can staying in a werewolves den. After all, nothing you did could stifle the smell.
OOC:
Long rest for all of you
Oct 13, 2016 2:11 pm
Candi says:
After all, nothing you did could stifle the smell
OOC:
Maybe Eithne should've marked territory after all LOL!
Oct 13, 2016 4:09 pm
"So, honest question," begins Boide. "Would werewolf haunch taste like human, or a dog?" While he waits for an answer, Boide checks to see if there are other doors besides the one leading to the rotating drum.
Oct 13, 2016 11:13 pm
"Depends on how it is prepared. You see, if you...." Tolvaj starts, before quickly changing the subject. "Good idea, checking for other doors. I'll help."
Oct 14, 2016 1:32 pm
Boide and Tolvaj confirm this is a dead end.
Oct 14, 2016 3:41 pm
"Back out into the hallway, I guess," says Boide. "Maybe there's a door we missed." The dwarf exits the room to inspect the area beyond.
Last edited October 14, 2016 3:41 pm
Oct 21, 2016 5:12 pm
OOC:
Adding perception roll to inspect area outside the residence.

Rolls

Perception - (1d20+3)

(15) + 3 = 18

Dec 28, 2016 11:26 pm
Searching the hallway with the rotating drum of now smoking oil Boide finds no evidence of a secret door or passage. This appears to have just been the room and domain of the werewolf and her guardian. Heading back down the rotating drum and to the main passage, Boide notes that to the left would bring them back to the water filled room with the kelpie's, but to the right the passage continues onward into the unknown.
Dec 28, 2016 11:31 pm
"Ah, probably this way, then," says Boide, pointing out the direction to the others. He hefts his shield and proceeds down the passage.
Dec 28, 2016 11:43 pm
Tolvaj will follow closely behind Boide.
Dec 28, 2016 11:44 pm
Thirty feet of splashing down the corridor through the ankle deep water that, at this point, you've stopped noticing, you reach a barrier. The corridor north is totally blocked by a metal wall which is six inches thick. A rectangle hole two feet wide and six feet tall has been cut into the metal wall, the bottom of the hole is two feet above the ground. A plate of metal covers this hole on the north side (you are on the south side). Massive bolt and rivet heads stud the wall and metal plate.
Dec 29, 2016 2:33 am
"I don't think the hammer can knock this one down," says Boide. He taps Whelm against the metal as if the impromptu knocker will slide the wall aside.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.