Chapter 3: Crow's Nest

load previous
May 19, 2019 6:02 pm
Elora's head snaps to Verrian with panic, not wanting to be exposed to an unknown party. As Willotan explains the situation she feels a bit more at ease, realizing these halflings aren't their enemies.

"Yes please." She responds quietly, taking a tentative step forward.
May 19, 2019 6:06 pm
Verrian hides her surprise as usual and inclines her head in response to the halfling's bow. "Pleased to meet you. I'm Verrian of Cyr. There are eight of us, including a, er... frog man. We're all armed, but our intentions are peaceful."

She can't make the decision to enter for the whole team, so she looks around at each of them. "I'm going in. You can hang back to see what happens if you prefer, but my instincts tell me it's all right."

Holding her hands down but away from her body and weapons, Verrian enters the room.
Last edited May 19, 2019 6:08 pm
May 19, 2019 6:23 pm
Viani looks at this Willotan closely, trying to determine whether he's friend or foe. He looks friendly enough so she decides to go along with it for now. She attaches her ranseur to the holder on her back but makes sure she can take it back out quickly if she has to.
She enters behind Verrian, keeping her eyes open for any sign of an ambush.
OOC:
I don't know what roll you prefer here, 78. I'll just roll a plain D20. Perception is +6, Sense Motive is +7. Apply which one is more appropriate.

Rolls

Perception (+6) / Sense Motive (+7) - (1D20)

(5) = 5

May 19, 2019 7:18 pm
Viani, these people seem honest to you. The nervousness in the archer’s voice and the cheerful introduction from this strange halfling put you at ease. You see no other signs of ambush.
OOC:
Going to be a while until I have time to post properly, at least a few hours. To avoid confusion and stress on my part, Froak is going to stay in the cellar outside the tunnels, as a guard, until/unless Robb takes him back over. Shiloh is back with Krav and can chat any time Kona’s ready to do so.
May 19, 2019 8:34 pm
Yelnar puts his Bardiche on the ground, as it wouldn’t fit through the opening, and heads through.
May 19, 2019 8:43 pm
OOC:
If Yelnar holds the bardiche parallel with the floor, it should fit through the doorway just fine, shouldn't it?
May 19, 2019 9:11 pm
The doorway and tunnel are regular human-sized.
May 19, 2019 11:10 pm
OOC:
The way he’d have to hold it might be perceived as aggressive, so Yelnar is erring on the side of caution, and figures someone would be able to get it through to him if needs be anyway.
May 19, 2019 11:38 pm
If you give your word not to raise it against us with no provocation, you may bring your great huge axe thing
May 20, 2019 2:36 am
These "tunnels" are well-constructed, with stone floors and wooden beams supporting the ceilings. The construction is certainly not new, though it's not immediately obvious just how old it is. Down the corridor about 20 feet, there are two piles of boxes, which served as the archers' hiding spots. The two archers have stood up and are clearly humans, one of them not much older than Ember, dark haired, tall and gawky, the other grey-bearded and wiry with a scar across one cheek.

Behind the ambush points is a stout wooden door, cracked open right now, but you cannot see far enough in to get much of an idea of what's behind it.

Froak says nervously, "I... do not like the below the ground very much." He peers around Verrian's shoulder and gives a shiver. "I will stay here safe from the storm and watch for anyone coming."
May 20, 2019 3:20 am
You see men. Anyone who has made a friend of one of the fine froggy folk are certainly no friends of the crowd.
May 20, 2019 4:03 am
Yelnar makes sure to enter with the blade pointed away from them, and as soon as he gets through the doorway he puts it back on his back.
May 20, 2019 4:20 am
Verrian retrieves her notes from Froak's pack before clapping him on the shoulder and moving further into the tunnel. To Willitan, she says, "Earlier, I overheard a couple of the Crows talking about people in the tunnels," Verrian says. "I gather they were referring to you and your men?"
May 20, 2019 5:11 am
No doubt.
Just to be clear, they aren't my men per se. I happened by the town and saw a couple of crows giving a family a hard time. It didn't seem fair, so I helped out.

Willitan points at the archers.

Theses gents showed me the tunnels and I let Atticus go to wait for me in the woods, and came down here to help out.
May 20, 2019 5:25 am
Verrian slows. "Atticus. That wouldn't happen to be a pony, would it?"
May 20, 2019 5:40 am
Not just any pony, my one companion many times on my journeys.

He stops and looks back.

Why...have you seen him?
May 20, 2019 5:43 am
Verrian nods. "We came upon him in the woods. We left him tethered to a bush there."
Last edited May 20, 2019 5:57 am
May 20, 2019 5:44 am
Elora almost trips at this talk of the pony. "Uh, how dangerous are these storms exactly?" She asks, trying to remain nonchalant.
OOC:
No rolls necessary to see past Elora.
May 20, 2019 5:52 am
OOC:
I have no idea. I have no idea if I know IC
May 20, 2019 6:05 am
Atticus won't stay tethered if he doesn't want to. I am sure he will find cover.

He sounds confident but looks worried.
load next

Thread locked