Chapter 3: Crow's Nest

load previous
Jul 31, 2019 5:11 pm
Noting Ember's arrival in a rush and her unkempt appearance, Verrian appears to drift in her direction. "You seem to have had a rough night," she says quietly.
Jul 31, 2019 5:15 pm
Wil arrives after the conversation. He has the cloak pulled right against him and he is looking a little rugged this morning.
Good morning all.

Rolls

Day 1 saving throw. Plus 1 for cloak. Plus 1 for race. - (1D20+2)

(14) + 2 = 16

Jul 31, 2019 5:23 pm
Ember stares off, still not fully awake, a satisfied look on her face, though uneasy.

Nah, just, got to bed late. Had some work to do.
[ +- ] headspace
She holds her hands up, which still have dark earth on them, and shrugs, but then her eyes catch Willitan, and her expression turns to one of concern.

How do you feel this morning, Wil?
Jul 31, 2019 7:33 pm
Wil rubs his hand through his shaggy brown hair and sighs.

Not great, but well enough to go on. Since we are not sure how long we will be in there, I packed some extra provisions in the saddle bags.

He gives Atticus's mane a rub.

Are we ready to go exploring?
Last edited July 31, 2019 7:33 pm
Jul 31, 2019 8:53 pm
Eyeing the condition of Ember's hands, Verrian says nothing. Instead, she shares, Keeping secrets could have dangerous consequences for a party venturing into the unknown, little one. Especially when it looks as though you spent the night digging a tunnel with your bare hands.
Jul 31, 2019 9:02 pm
Oblivious to Verrain's devices, Elora nods in response to Willitan's question. "I believe so, we have a lot to cover after all."
Jul 31, 2019 9:04 pm
Ember blushes and speaks quietly.

I buried the necromancer we killed. Just to try to give him some humanity back. I...I could tell he started it, but...his head broke. He couldn't have been "him" when he died. So I buried him. I'm sorry.

She looks away and mutters a short spell, flicking the dirt off her hands.
Jul 31, 2019 9:25 pm
Slightly taken aback by Embers answer, Verrian gives the girl a smile. Never apologize for compassion, Ember. It's how we tell ourselves from the monsters.

Answering Wil's question, Verrian says, "Yes, I'm ready to go."
Aug 1, 2019 7:32 pm
OOC:
Starting a new chapter thread and locking this one!

Thread locked