Character Creation

Oct 29, 2015 4:44 am
As I said this will certainly be a bit of a back and forth. First off here is the PDF for Modern Magic. Which introduces many new spells that work with technology that will be found throughout the entire city. I will also be posting a topic about the city of San Waterdeep, the futuristic city we play in.

Modern Magic Rules (PDF)

Next I have an article that goes through ballistics, armor, and weapons for the Modern Magic set.

Modern d20 Campaign Rules

Finally here is the image from the DM guide on firearms:

Firearms Chart

We will certainly be using modern weapons. The future weapons exist but not in starter sets. Those are harder to get a hold of. Explosives as well we can use modern stuff and I will make more futuristic tech for some of this too. Renaissance weapons will still exist, but they are rare collectors items of low power. Also all piercing from ammunition is converted to ballistics damage.

The one tweak I will make to these is that armor and firearms need prices. I will figure out appropriate pricing. I'm essentially converting the worlds currency to the equivalent gold equals GC (Gold Credits), which are the digital version of gold in this world. It's a 1 to 1 to keep things simple in the PHB. I just have to come up with the credit values for these weapons and armor and you can purchase them in game. If people want to swap in guns for their starting character stuff, but want to keep their other starting gear from class or background let me know. We can work something out.

Like I said, this will be a process, but hopefully in the end it's worth it. I know I'm excited to try taking this system to a new place. :)

Just keep in mind all of your characters have grown up mired in technology now. Global networks cover all of Faerun, and even more rural locations have plenty of security and surveillance. A special magic imbues most of the technology as well so that is where the Techromancy stuff comes in from the Modern Magic PDF.

Cosmetic implants, and some cybernetic implants are not completely unheard of, although flashier ones cost far more than smaller utility stuff. There are no hard-fast rules, so feel free to RP it into your characters traits and abilities from classes or races.

Finally, still roll your normal stuff here. For characters either place standard array, then for each trait roll 4d6, drop lowest, if that value is higher than the standard array amount, go with the new value, otherwise just point buy. Other methods may be acceptable, just let me know if you have a preferred method for rolling up stats.
Oct 29, 2015 12:09 pm
Setting standard array stats...
STR 15, DEX 13, CON 14, INT 8, WIS 12, CHA 10

After rolling, final is:
STR 15, DEX 13, CON 14, INT 17, WIS 13, CHA 18.

Did I do that correctly? Or do I just pick the highest stats between the standard array and whatever I rolled (ie, replace 8 with 18, 10 with 17, etc etc)?
Last edited October 29, 2015 12:23 pm

Rolls

STR 15 vs roll - (4d6)

(4535) = 17

DEX 13 vs roll - (4d6)

(2413) = 10

CON 14 vs roll - (4d6)

(3164) = 14

INT 8 vs roll - (4d6)

(5366) = 20

WIS 12 vs roll - (4d6)

(1544) = 14

CHA 10 vs roll - (4d6)

(6646) = 22

Oct 29, 2015 12:14 pm
I happen to be awake early so I will get to rolling here...

Adjusted rolls
17, 18, 9, 11, 15, 16

OK...this is an idea I've had for a while but never had an opportunity to try...Warforged Druid!
I'm going to be a Transformer in D&D! So if it's cool I'll switch the second and fifth stat and his scores with racial adjustment will be
Str 18, Dex 15, Con 10, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 16.
Last edited October 29, 2015 12:32 pm

Rolls

Stay rolls - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (2566) = 19

4d6 : (6266) = 20

4d6 : (2225) = 11

4d6 : (1443) = 12

4d6 : (1366) = 16

4d6 : (6641) = 17

Trinket Roll - (1d100)

(87) = 87

Oct 29, 2015 12:41 pm
foolsmask says:
Warforged Druid! I'm going to be a Transformer in D&D!
Oh man, that is so many levels of awesome!!! :-D
Oct 29, 2015 1:01 pm
I was also thinking Warforged, but more of a fighter. Something to break down doors and soak up attention.
Oct 29, 2015 1:07 pm
CancerMan says:
I was also thinking Warforged, but more of a fighter. Something to break down doors and soak up attention.
I think it would be awesome to have two robots on the team. We could even play it up that we have a small rivalry because we are either (a) from two different companies or (b) the same manufacturer but different product lines, the argument being over who is the superior model.
Oct 29, 2015 1:18 pm
Remember as you are rolling stats. You don't have to pick a stat and roll for it. In 5e you roll your pool of stat numbers and assign them how you want. Standard array works the same way. You have the numbers but you assign them to whatever stat you want. Then one by one you can roll each stat and take the higher value. Your new stat roll, or whatever you put there from standard array.
Oct 29, 2015 1:20 pm
Also I think we all agree war forged are much more advanced at this point so they are robots more than magically animated armor, but you sort of figured that one out already. All of their stuff is the same, they just are much more modernized looking.
Oct 29, 2015 1:32 pm
I'm thinking maybe Ghost In The Machine Warlock for me.
Oct 29, 2015 1:35 pm
I understand. Then, if you don't mind, I'd like to use my set of rolls, which were 14, 9, 13, 17, 13, 18.

I'll pursue the warforged fighter angle. Ideally I'd like that bond with another warforged (professional rivalry), and another player as well (perhaps the person who built or bought me).

STR 19
DEX 14
CON 18
INT 9
WIS 13
CHA 13
Oct 29, 2015 1:36 pm
Yes, people can certainly just take rolled stats. I'm just going from the PHB, it says to roll the numbers then assign them to what stats you want. I only mentioned the standard array and roll because it helps avoid low rolls if you get a second chance.
Oct 29, 2015 2:07 pm
Rolled stats: 9, 10, 10, 12, 17, 10.

Hmm... that's viable but I'll play around with point buy and see what I come up with.
Last edited October 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Rolls

Stat rolls - (4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6, 4d6)

4d6 : (1252) = 10

4d6 : (3225) = 12

4d6 : (2216) = 11

4d6 : (1345) = 13

4d6 : (6465) = 21

4d6 : (1451) = 11

Oct 29, 2015 2:47 pm
CancerMan, character looks good so far save for one thing. In line with starting fighter equipment, you only will get the tactical vest which has a AC of 15, since that is the closest equivalent to chainmail. For 1,500GC you can get the heavier armor. You can still definitely have the shield. I'll look through the rest of the sheet soon. Just a note. Prices, as of now, are based on comparable equipment from the PHB.
Oct 29, 2015 3:09 pm
Quote:
REF+++ /SHA-MQ7703vmme==/ +++ Classified +++ SecClear Rank E5 or higher

BR33CH-A Breacher Variant (often called "Breecha") is a military model AI construct designed to assault fortified and defended positions in an urban environment, and to provide close-combat support by attacking armored targets. Mainframe built for durability with shielded components and redundant systems, with simple design suitable for maintenance at forward lines with limited facilities. Since it can be recharged, rearmed, and serviced with minimal equipment, the BR33CH-A requires little downtime and can be rapidly redeployed.

The BR33CH-A's modular design also means that it can be armed with a variety of ordnance. Standard models are equipped with the GAU-G Shotgun for urban entry operations, suitable in close-quarters. This weapon can be fitted with a variety of ammunition, ranging from the typical pellets and solid slugs, up to lock-breachers, less-lethal rubber, and high-incendiary. The BR33CH-A is also proficient in automatic and semi-automatic rifles and sidearms.

The BR33CH-A can be fitted with the Fairchild-10 Shield, Assault-class. Made of the same composite and polymer materials as the construct's frame, this shield is designed to withstand direct hits from heavy projectile fire as its enters hostile zones. Officers and command personnel often assign BR33CH-A models as personal bodyguards for this reason.

http://pre00.deviantart.net/4cfe/th/pre/f/2012/081/e/6/helmet_project_by_progv-d4tlykn.jpg
This particular model fell into the hands of (one of the player characters), who discovered the security override and claimed ownership. Breecha obeys (this player character) as a commanding officer.

As the rest of the group fleshes out their characters, Breecha's bonds will be further developed.

EDIT: Thanks, I'll adjust the armor on the character sheet accordingly. Is that the Tactical Vest (AC 15 + DEX) or the Special Response Vest (AC 15)?
Last edited October 29, 2015 3:13 pm
Oct 29, 2015 3:33 pm
Special Response vest. It's most comparable to chainmail for starting.
Oct 29, 2015 3:39 pm
Excellent, thanks.

Finally, where can I find statistics on Long Arms and Sidearms? I am specifically interested in a shotgun to count as my one martial weapon, and two pistols to count as the two handaxes, from the fighter starting equipment.
Oct 29, 2015 3:58 pm
Ah, my bad. It's in the DM handbook. Let me get that clipped and posted in the top post.
Oct 29, 2015 4:08 pm
Since my character is a hacker I volunteer to be BR33CH-A's buddy! :-D
Oct 29, 2015 4:21 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Since my character is a hacker I volunteer to be BR33CH-A's buddy! :-D
Works for me!
Oct 29, 2015 4:27 pm
Updated header post to show the weapons table. Modern weaponry is most common, but even then most common weapons are integrated into the large scale network in this world. They see able and hack able. Futuristic weapons do exist, but are out of scope for starting characters.
Oct 29, 2015 6:09 pm
How do robots get healed in this? Do Cleric spells apply?
Oct 29, 2015 6:15 pm
As far as healing PCs, yes. Since part of what powers the robots is magic spells can still heal and repair as normal. Also for medical checks it will also be a bit of mixed mechanics, but I'll just rule most healing thing as working on robots.
Oct 29, 2015 6:28 pm
Hrm. Ok. May dig into a cleric-based role then so we've got healing covered. i'll nose over the City Domain some more...
Oct 30, 2015 12:32 pm
Prototype Unit 9R-353-RV-3R was designed to serve. Programmed to be a butler, valet, personal assistant and bodyguard all in one. Using sophisticated stealth and infiltration technology, top of the line bio-printers, and a healthy dose of transmutation magic, units of this model are meant to be the epitome of stylish accessory and personal defense. Once their systems are fully integrated, the unit is capable of assuming the form of nearly any animal whose profile it can access.

While the units proved popular with their target clientele, there was one complaint that came back on nearly all customer satisfaction surveys; the units just couldn’t sell their alternate forms. There was always a tell that gave away the robotic nature of the units. While this only slightly compromised their effectiveness, the engineers who designed them continued to tinker and tweak.

Enter 9R-353-RV-3R, the unit that would choose the name Preserver. Preserver was constructed using slightly different techniques. Rather than the standard CPU to hold it’s personality matrix, Preserver was fitted with a hybrid technology. Bound inside Preserver’s mainframe is a nature spirit. It was meant to teach the unit how appear more natural but it has had an unexpected influence. Preserver has taken a wider view of what his role should be than what his programming dictates.
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/8c/97/da/8c97da7f1b82f7cdc1c1f6a6786f5ca8.jpg

So, like BR33CH-A, Preserver could maybe use a tie to another party member to explain why he is out and about. Preserver doesn't have the same military mindset as BR33CH-A, but he will display a desire to defend and protect his friends, and Nature as a whole
Last edited October 30, 2015 3:11 pm
Oct 30, 2015 12:38 pm
Love the concept. I'll take a look at the sheet in a bit. Love the backstory. If the robots want manufacturer names you can make them up and I can always make those companies based in cities other than San Waterdeep. Then matching tech can exist within the city. I still need a robotics and droid manufacturer.

This adds some great lore back store to those companies. :)
Oct 30, 2015 12:45 pm
Since all the new techromancy doesn't include the Druid in its list of spells I may go through myself and homerule that some of the spells are available to Druids from that school, especially since you are a robot.
Oct 30, 2015 1:25 pm
On/off appeals to me, but I haven't really read all of them, the cantrip makes sense at least as a fuction of machines that communicate worelessly
Oct 30, 2015 1:28 pm
Yeah, that was the one that caught my notice in the issue. I think that cantrip, or at least it's effect should be part of your Druid cantrip.
Oct 30, 2015 3:23 pm
Oh, sure...that'd be cool. Adding the On/Off as an extra thing that Druidcraft can do makes a lot of sense. I was going to make all of that appear as built in features of his mechanics anyway. Minor holographic projections for the weather app and the visual effects. The plant growth stuff will be a super-nutrient that he can make, and the source of the Goodberries when/if he casts that spell. And a built in flame projector so he can cook on the go or something...all features of Unit 9R-353-RV-3R
Oct 30, 2015 9:37 pm
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d5/f8/23/d5f8233dffd545e231238ab31be0c1e7.jpg

Kessel Nor
Half-Elven Criminal (Hacker) Technomancer Warlock

Trait: The best way to get me to do something is to tell me I can’t do it.
Ideal: People. I’m loyal to my friends, not to any ideals.
Bond: I’m trying to pay off an old debt I owe.
Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I’m okay with that.
Is my understanding correct: The On/Off cantrip is granted as a bonus in addition to the 2 warlock cantrips known at 1st level?

Leather armor = leather jacket (11+Dex)? Or Light Undercover Shirt (11+Dex, DR/2 ballistic)?
Last edited October 30, 2015 9:43 pm
Oct 30, 2015 10:41 pm
I'll double check that in a bit, probably won't be able to post till tonight.
Oct 31, 2015 3:12 am
I'll be working on my character tomorrow (saturday) am. I'll need to think of something that'll mesh nicely. As the druid has some healing spell capability in normal D&D, do we not have as extensive a need for someone with healing power? If not, I might head to some kind of gunmage or something.
Oct 31, 2015 3:40 am
falryx says:
I'll be working on my character tomorrow (saturday) am. I'll need to think of something that'll mesh nicely. As the druid has some healing spell capability in normal D&D, do we not have as extensive a need for someone with healing power? If not, I might head to some kind of gunmage or something.
The way spells work for druids/clerics/wizards in this edition is that the player picks a number of spells equal to the modifier of the spellcasting trait (Wis or Int for the three classes referenced) and adds their class level to get the number of spells the character can have prepared and ready to cast through their spell slots. They no longer lose the ability to cast the prepared spell just because they have cast it, they just lose the slot used. So you could use the same spell for every slot of the appropriate level.

Druids also have the benefit of being able to prepare any spell from their list when they prepare for the day. They have much less versatility compared to wizards, that is why wizards have a spell book and druids just use their whole list (and wizards can add to their spell book with effort and money...but I digress)

In the particular case of my druid character with an 18(+4) Wis, he prepares 5 1st level spells every day. I got a pretty good spread I think, but the list of 1st level spells is so limited that putting one of the three healing spells on the list is a no brainer. It really isn't a sacrifice to have those spells available to cast.

Later, as we level up it gets more complicated. I plan of going with the Circle of the Moon class feature which focuses on the Wildshape ability. A character cannot cast spells while in animal form, and switching back to humanoid form to cast a spell ends the wildshape, so its...suboptimal to take the role of healer when I plan to not be able to cast the spells in combat.

So the answer to your question is: No. In my opinion we don't "need" another healer right now with my character in play. Down the line, that could change. And I always say play what you want. A gunmage is a cool concept and I would like to see it in play.
Oct 31, 2015 3:46 am
I can always start out as a gunmage and multi-class in a city domain cleric down the road if the stats work out, I suppose.
Oct 31, 2015 4:03 am
falryx says:
That could be cool, just notice in the linked weapons article that most magic users don't gain proficiency in firearms unless you do techromancy. Then you gain it in sidearms and hacking tools. It's a little tricky like that.

Also proficiency with weapons functions different than standard 5e. It gives you the aim action. It's a whole thing. It's all in the article.
Oct 31, 2015 6:59 am
1. I forgot to mention, I tossed the rolled stats and went with a point buy array: 8, 13, 14, 10, 12, 15. Then applied Half-Elf racial adjustments to CHA, CON, and DEX.

2. Is there a rebellious hacker group for Kessel to belong to or at least associate with similar to Anonymous or F Society? Hey PhantomNimbus and CancerMan, how would Kessel have "acquired" Breecha? Bought it from Kraken Society? Or shall we say he just jacked it himself? While we're on the subject, how much control over Breecha do you want to give Kessel? I want him/it to be as autonomous as possible of course so you have more freedom to roleplay. As long as he protects me in combat. :-D

3. Does this sound about right? Dungeoneer’s pack: includes a tactical backpack, a crowbar, a hammer, 10 pitons, 10 flares, a butane lighter, 10 days MRE's, and a water bottle. The pack also has 50 feet of nylon kernmantle rope strapped to the side of it. Do climbers still use hammer & pitons?

4. I'm surprised the Remote Access spell isn't Concentration. But hey I'm not complaining! :-D
Last edited October 31, 2015 7:42 am
Oct 31, 2015 7:59 am
I've been thinking about how the two characters would meet, and I was first going to suggest that Kessel bought Breecha off the black market. A corrupt quartermaster or shady corporate VP "write off" a couple of old models for recycling, and constructs like Breecha find themselves sold to the highest bidder, or doled out as favors or repayment for services.

Or, barring Kessel having the necessary funds, he could have found Breecha in a shipping container that was destined for a different buyer. A few jacks into the mainframe and Breecha imprinted on Kessel and recognizes him as its new owner and commanding officer. PhantomNimbus might like this angle because it leaves open the possibility that the original buyer would track us down in the future.

As for control, I see the relationship as something akin to Robocop (the original, I've not seen the remake) and the Three Laws of Robotics. Breecha has several directives that govern its overall actions, but is free to carry them out as it sees fit. Kessel could add new directives and not worry about modifying anything else. Fresh out of the box, Directive 1 would be "Do not injure the commanding officer, or through inaction allow the commanding officer to be harmed" and Directive 2 might be "Obey orders from the commanding officer except where such orders would conflict with the First Directive." Then there's Directive 3, which is "Protect own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Directives."
Oct 31, 2015 8:34 am
CancerMan says:
I've been thinking about how the two characters would meet, and I was first going to suggest that Kessel bought Breecha off the black market. A corrupt quartermaster or shady corporate VP "write off" a couple of old models for recycling, and constructs like Breecha find themselves sold to the highest bidder, or doled out as favors or repayment for services.

Or, barring Kessel having the necessary funds, he could have found Breecha in a shipping container that was destined for a different buyer. A few jacks into the mainframe and Breecha imprinted on Kessel and recognizes him as its new owner and commanding officer. PhantomNimbus might like this angle because it leaves open the possibility that the original buyer would track us down in the future.

As for control, I see the relationship as something akin to Robocop (the original, I've not seen the remake) and the Three Laws of Robotics. Breecha has several directives that govern its overall actions, but is free to carry them out as it sees fit. Kessel could add new directives and not worry about modifying anything else. Fresh out of the box, Directive 1 would be "Do not injure the commanding officer, or through inaction allow the commanding officer to be harmed" and Directive 2 might be "Obey orders from the commanding officer except where such orders would conflict with the First Directive." Then there's Directive 3, which is "Protect own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Directives."
Awesome! I like it! To increase the bond I copied Binary/Assembly Code from Breecha's character sheet and put that in one of Kessel's language slots. PhantomNimbus, can Kessel be proficient with Warforged Repair Kit? I'm can give up one of my tool proficiencies. Game set, maybe? :-D
Last edited October 31, 2015 2:06 pm
Oct 31, 2015 1:27 pm
Yeah is you want to drop one proficiency for the repair one that's cool. Totally makes sense given the background of the two characters.
Oct 31, 2015 2:49 pm
I'm trying to think about how to do a gunmage. I think a gunmage would be someone whose arcane focus would be specially crafted/imbued guns. They'd be the way he or she cast their spells. Perhaps in this way, they wouldn't be "guns" per se. Similarly, it'd constrain which kinds of spells I'd pick into things that made sense to be shot out of a gun and the 'spell book' and preparation is more about choosing which special rounds to put into a bandolier. Perhaps these specially imbued rounds wouldn't last overly long (e.g interact with the long rest mechanic).

So -- in this way, it's not really embracing/using firearms, so much as using the firearms concept to craft/shape how the character creates and uses magic. Almost a little 'batman' but with out the awesome martial arts and more focus on lethal weaponry?
Oct 31, 2015 3:06 pm
I like that. That sounds like a very interesting concept. Maybe we'll roll it into a new game class. I'll check out the PHB later and the other documents to see what it closest lines up to. Did you have a starting point in mind?
Oct 31, 2015 3:43 pm
I was thinking 'wizard' would probably be the best starting point -- the cantrips can represent the stuff he can do 'til the cows come home and the spells could be the special items. I'd be tempted to think about having Dex be his magic stat rather than Int, though.

Likely cantrips could be:

acid splash
fire bolt
light -- but perhaps ranged, and not 'touch' - iffy on this one
poison spray
ray of frost
true strike
maybe shocking 'grasp' but instead it's more like 'shocking pistol whip'.

I could see maybe a warlock - especially a blade pact or perhaps the ghost in the machine might be an option too. The blade pact warlock could work nicely as a concept - but given the limit on 1 weapon, it might either be a particularly nasty looking handgun or a two-handed weapon/rifle. That said, the warlock spells don't seem to line up as nicely.
Last edited October 31, 2015 3:45 pm
Oct 31, 2015 4:17 pm
The guns from the movies 'Judge Dredd' and 'Dredd' come to mind for me. Those guns had a great range of ammo types. Using the Arcane Focus rules, you could say that the Focus is in the gun (or the gun itself) and that you can't cast your spells without it. Those guns recognized DNA of the wielder. If you kept that "rule" the gun wouldn't work for anyone else. That would be cool.

The only hiccup I see is that wizards don't have gun proficiency the way the rules are written. I think it would be an easy fix to just give sidearms to wizards, but that's not my call.
Oct 31, 2015 4:23 pm
As far as the cantrips go, that list all works I think. 1st level spells like Magic Missle and Witch Bolt stick out as obvious 1st level spells
Oct 31, 2015 4:46 pm
I think it makes sense that a gunmage class should gain the same sidearm proficiency as the techromancer. So we can house rule that so it is true.

Edit: I think a modified wizard school may make the most sense. I can look over some rules and draft something up. Maybe lasted tonight.
Oct 31, 2015 6:18 pm
Sounds good -- L1 characters, right?
Oct 31, 2015 7:25 pm
Yes, we will all start level 1. Also I mentioned it before but you are a pre-existing team that has done jobs before. Feel free to bring that into your RP and backgrounds. :)
Nov 1, 2015 3:10 am
Jabes, the character looks good. Feel free to swap out your crossbow with a comparable ranged weapon from modern weapons if you want. That is up to you. If you still want to be rocking a crossbow we can just think of them more as more composite crossbows. The same goes for bows. They are compound bows.
Nov 1, 2015 3:21 am
Since we've worked together, Breecha tends to be the "heavy weapons" of the team, even though he will start off with a shotgun and pistol. In rooms where you know the enemy is waiting, direct him into the room first to soak up their attention with his bulk and his shield. Use him as mobile cover at times while you return fire with bullets or spells. If the door is locked, Breecha will use his mace and strength as a key. Threats to the team are met with physical force. Breecha will seek to protect his CO (Kessel Nor) first and the team second by interposing himself and his shield, followed by a head-first assault upon the target(s).

Within the team, Breecha personally prefers being the blunt instrument, a battering ram smashing his way Hulk-style through the opposition, and he likes breaking things. He also prefers the direct approach, but will defer to the tactical decisions made by others. Breecha obeys Kessel practically without question, so long as they do not break his prime directives. He respects the other members of the team and acknowledges their unique skills, understanding that their talents help supplement the unit as a whole.

In conversation, Breecha's voice resembles his appearance; bulky and direct.
Nov 1, 2015 3:35 am
Falryx. I like the idea of your gun being your magic focus. One thing I've realized is even if you don't have proficiency with guns (just meaning you can't add your proficiency bonus to them), that is only for your standard attack. If we rule it that you are using magically imbued ammunition it makes sense that your gun works better for you that way.

So I'm thinking that you can start with a sidearm instead of a quarterstaff or dagger, and it becomes the same effect as a focus for you, you need it to cast the spells. The "school" of wizardry you would want is up to you, but the techromancy school is the only one that would actually make you proficient in a standard attack with your gun (regular bullet).

I think of it as your cantrips are certain types of ammo you always keep on you. Large quantities that can easily be imbued with minor cantrips. Then the slotted spells become special ammunition you drop into the gun that has the ability to channel more powerful spells. As long as you are following the magic slot rules and working the ammo concept into the ranged damage spells as best as you can it still tracks.

Also keep in mind if you are a "wizard" you don't have to make every spell fit into the guns idea. Like light, or shocking grasp. These can still be your manipulation of magic. You just need to have your gun around to do it because it would still act as your casting focus.
Nov 1, 2015 6:41 am
PhantomNimbus says:
Jabes, the character looks good. Feel free to swap out your crossbow with a comparable ranged weapon from modern weapons if you want. That is up to you. If you still want to be rocking a crossbow we can just think of them more as more composite crossbows. The same goes for bows. They are compound bows.
I keep thinking that non-proficiency in a weapon means you can't use it at all. Thanks for reminding me this isn't the case! So non-prof means you can use it but can't add you prof bonus. Got it.

What would be a comparable modern weapon to a light crossbow? All the firearms deal much higher damage than the standard D&D ranged weapons. Also, would such a firearm still have the Loading quality? How many turns can you go with an automatic weapon before having to spend a bonus action or something to change magazines?

Though honestly, Kessel is a hacker, not a gangster. Would he even be walking around armed? And besides, he's got Eldritch Bolt and Breecha for Bahamut's sake! :-D

Which makes me wonder: what open-carry laws are we looking at in modern Faerun?
Last edited November 1, 2015 7:29 am
Nov 1, 2015 1:56 pm
They have the reload property. So you have a certain amount of shots before you need to reload it. Then reloading is either and action or bonus action, your choice.

I have been meaning to add lower damage firearms, essentially equivalent pistols as a crossbow or bow and arrow.

Open carry is only often a thing for peace keepers and most security firm agents. The general public is mostly licensed and capable of concealed carry of pistol sized weapons. Small arms. So assault rifles may be conspicuous, but that doesn't mean there aren't ways to get past notice with these. It may amount mostly to bribing a peacekeeper, or stashing the gun somewhere until you need it.

Again this is where some house ruling may come in. I almost wonder if I should restructure weapon damage to be more in line with the rest of the weaponry, but at the same time this is where the damage reduction from armor comes into play with ballistics. (remember, all ranged piercing guns are now using ballistics damage).
Nov 1, 2015 3:23 pm
Given the idea of using the gun as a focus rather than 'as a pistol' per se -- I'll assume that my key stat remains INT. If we should consider swapping it to DEX, let me know.

Standard Array:

STR: 8 CON: 10 DEX: 13 INT: 15 WIS: 14 CHA: 12

Rolling. Results in order are: 15, 13, 15, 14, 7, 14

I think with substitution that means:

STR: 15, CON: 13, DEX: 15, INT: 15, WIS: 14, CHA: 14

Did I do that right? Or am I meant to take one set or the other? Happy to do that too (I'd take the rolled set).
Last edited November 1, 2015 11:33 pm

Rolls

4d6

(5624) = 17

4d6

(4544) = 17

4d6

(1546) = 16

4d6

(5452) = 16

4d6

(1241) = 8

4d6

(2455) = 16

Nov 1, 2015 4:29 pm
falryx says:
Did I do that right? Or am I meant to take one set or the other? Happy to do that too (I'd take the rolled set).
My understanding was take 1 set or the other so that's how I did it. If you can swap specific scores then I might have a couple of swaps to make! :-)
Nov 1, 2015 10:55 pm
Quote:

Finally, still roll your normal stuff here. For characters either place standard array, then for each trait roll 4d6, drop lowest, if that value is higher than the standard array amount, go with the new value, otherwise just point buy.
I read that as "start with standard and then roll 4d6 drop lowest, if it's larger, go with that." but.. I don't have a preference. :)
Nov 1, 2015 11:14 pm
Falryx, this is right. Did it correctly. :)
Nov 1, 2015 11:32 pm
Woot! I got a cookie!

I should be able to wrap up the character sheet shortly, then turn to developing the storyline somewhat.
Nov 2, 2015 12:15 am
Sounds good. Still trying to flesh out the lore a bit more in case anyone wants to hook into any of it, or help me create more. :)
Nov 3, 2015 5:03 pm
Heads up I'm making another subforum for the rules and guides for this so I have a place here to keep everything together.
Nov 4, 2015 6:27 am
Alright, so far I think we are just waiting on Falryx to submit his character sheet, and we can get this ball rolling. As I have mentioned, this group of people are a mercenary team who has done jobs in the past. So there is definite history. Feel free to dig into that when you want or need to.

This can be part of character backstory, or just group backstory. I will also let you guys come up with where your "home base" is. Wherever you go as a group during or between missions. Maybe it's a shared flat. An old warehouse somewhere. An abandoned section of the old subway system. Whatever you want. This will be able to act as a safehouse for you during the game. Since you've been operating in this city for a while I will also try and let you guys get creative with creating characters and lore that makes sense. If you're ever unsure just ask in general discussion and I'll review it.
Nov 4, 2015 7:03 am
Well, given the less than legal nature of BR33CH-A (and maybe Preserver) we should make it someplace slightly off the grid I think. Just slightly though because we need to have some access to power and information. An old subway station has its appeal but maybe an old mechanic shop would better serve us. It could specialize in older machines and that way the presence of two robots to do the heavy lifting wouldn't be out of place. The owner doesn't have to be one of the PCs. Maybe there's an apartment in the garage or out back in the small junkyard.

Or down in the oil change bay, hidden from view.
Nov 4, 2015 7:28 am
I'm all for off-grid, or perhaps sequestered in the seedier side of town amongst other mercenaries. Or at the very least, around people who wouldn't care that we were around, and maybe might benefit from our presence. I'm thinking a slum or project full of societal rejects, all trying to get by and relying on the community to survive.

There would be a bar or some place that locals gather, share news and business. It'd also be the place that we'd get our jobs, either through an NPC contact or via some "Craiglist" type thing Equalizer-style. Maybe even strangers come to the place, hearing word on the street of a group willing to solve problems that cannot be done through normal means. It could also have a bazaar, or some type of black market network where we can purchase supplies, and no questions would be asked (since no answers would be given).

I'd like some kind of transportation. Heavy van or truck, ideally covered, capable of moving us around the city. Is that out of our price range?
Nov 4, 2015 12:08 pm
I would say collectively some form of vehicle is fine. If it was in an old mechanics shop that may even make sense that it's something the more mechanical people have fixed up.

This is a futuristic city as well so there will be public transportation systems. Subways, buses, taxi services, etc.
Nov 4, 2015 12:32 pm
Good additions CancerMan. Along the shore, downwind of the major docks in a neighborhood that is considered near slums level. And of course there's a local bar where we can sometimes be found by the down and out clients, the ones that might turn out to be our pro bono work.

As for our own transportation, yes an old van we have modded with bullet proof glass and improved suspension to lug around heavy robots. Maybe we have to make check every once in a while to make sure it can be used for a job.

How futuristic and congested are we talking? Is this like Neo-Tokyo/Future New York where owning a vehicle is a little rare? Right now we have the stereotype that no one who lives in the city owns a car. Congestion comes from the people driving into the city everyday to work and play, and the taxis. Is this the case in San Waterdeep?
Nov 4, 2015 7:18 pm
Would we have an NPC member of the team? Or could we? Talk of a mechanics shop got me thinking of having our own little grease monkey, like a grandfatherly/grandmotherly old gnome or dwarf. A non-combatant who stays back at the base, maybe fields some calls, and basically just putters around keeping things in order. Someone like Winry from Full Metal Alchemist, or Tool from The Expendables.

This NPC might have a bond with either the warlock or the gunmage, or maybe both, and he or she is the one that brought the team together.
Nov 4, 2015 7:22 pm
Your merc group, in the beginning will have some sort of handler to give you jobs. I assume a long known contact you trust. You could also definitely inject some NPCs into this for non-combat assistance or to work for you. Just know they will be canonized for better or worse. :)
Nov 4, 2015 7:52 pm
Alright everyone, I need a name for the global network in which most data is accessed in this world. Suggestions?
Nov 4, 2015 8:06 pm
Reciprocal Agglomerated Intelligence Network, or RAIN?
Nov 4, 2015 8:20 pm
Great additions, everyone! Sorry for the silence, been busy. I originally imagined Kessel as sort of a lone wolf that would only join the team on missions as a consultant of sorts but as I read your posts I'm starting to change my mind about that. I love the Equalizer reference! (Never saw the Denzel film but I was a huge fan of the original TV series). A customized vehicle? Oh man, this is the A Team!!! :-D Yeah, a lair in the seedier part of town. The black market bazaar could be in a different place each time, much like the Floating Market in Neil Gaiman's "Neverwhere".
Nov 4, 2015 8:52 pm
The Forgotten Realms Internet : Virtual Ossuary Lore Organization System

Or VOLO System
Nov 4, 2015 11:50 pm
My character is going to be modeled a bit on Nico Okarr from Star Wars: The Old Republic (first video). I like the idea of a duster-wearing, nice hat, two gun-totin' smuggler who's into the smuggling more for the money and fun than because he's truly criminal in nature.

I'd be happy to arrange a connection to another player if there's an interesting fit. I can increase or decrease the index on smuggling and whatnot as we see fit.
Last edited November 4, 2015 11:51 pm
Nov 5, 2015 12:04 am
Smuggler would be an appropriate fit in this team. I like how we're riding the grey line of legality.
Nov 5, 2015 12:06 am
Falryx, love it. Yes this is a bit of a grey line job type. Also I went with RAIN for the network. It's a good one. I'm writing up special rules for use. Also I'm looking into a few custom backgrounds to make hacking more of an integrated skill for some.
Nov 6, 2015 5:28 pm
I like the new feats in the guide. Already I can see Breecha picking up Optical Enhancements first and Heavy Weapons proficiency later on.

Assuming he lives that long.
Nov 6, 2015 7:55 pm
I'm also open to any suggestions. At this point I'm generating most of these off-hand. If there is any feedback let me know. Also I just need the finalized character from Falryx and we can probably start rolling.
Nov 6, 2015 8:27 pm
Yup - sorry, I need to get to that, I had a bit of travel this week that monkeyed with my life. I was also kinda holding out to see if there was a relationship I needed to accommodate/juggle my picks for. But doesn't seem like it, so I'll get that done Soon! (tm).
Nov 6, 2015 8:29 pm
You could partner up with Preserver. But it appears that we've been in the team for a while, so it's possible to have joined on your own.
Nov 6, 2015 8:30 pm
Yeah there is any number of reasons you can have been brought together. And maybe you would prefer to only be a mission or two in together. Still finding your stride.
Nov 7, 2015 3:09 am
Any guidance on alignments? I'd prefer to be compatible with my colleagues. :)
Nov 7, 2015 3:34 am
http://38.media.tumblr.com/61b06e5b2ef09e37f28349529b846305/tumblr_inline_nb6v8gs95n1r8yxlg.png

Mack Winchester got into the smuggling business on something of a lark, really. Craving his own personal freedom and coupled with desire to leave his own personal mark on Faerun he abandoned the solid family plans in favor for life straddling the legal and criminal worlds of San Waterdeep. Mack has met with fairly consistent, and surprisingly lucky, success in his career and this has burnished his can-do risk-taking attitude as he approaches his job. As a result, he tends to take risks -- especially those that line up with his own moral code -- and so far they've turned out well.

Mack lives simply -- having developed something of a spartan lifestyle on the move. His treasured possessions number 5: His hat, his duster, his two arcane pistols and a sheet of parchment with a complex, and high-speed aircraft that he deeply desires to get the GC to build. However, despite his lust for his flying machine, most of Mack's money actually goes to his sister's family and to his brother, who is studying at an expensive private college in the university town of Daggerford.

About a year ago, Mack heard his friend J.D. was in trouble -- he'd run afoul of a half-orc crime boss named Grimt in Baldur City. Mack dropped what he was doing -- causing something of a ruckus with the work he'd picked up -- and sped south to help his friend. Wading into hostile territory with his duster and arcane pistols, Mack bluffed his way deep into the dilapidated tenement that held his friend and extracted J.D. from the belly of the beast -- capping the long-odds rescue off with some clever skulduggery and a few well-placed shots with his guns. Extraction complete, he and J.D. hightailed it out of the city to set J.D. up with a, hopefully more sane, life in Loudwater. Mack's fairly certain that Grimt and his thugs don't know who is responsible for the rescue and once his friend was back on his own two feet, Mack returned to San Waterdeep to pick up the pieces.

Since his return a few months back, Mack has been working with a new crew, ensuring he can fund his family -- and rebuilding his reputation.
Last edited November 7, 2015 3:40 am
Nov 7, 2015 3:37 am
Just looked it over. Looks good to me. Great backstory detail. I should have a first post up and may split the threads up into sections or chapters as we go. I also hope Mack has a signature cowboy hat. :)
Nov 7, 2015 3:38 am
As to locations -- not too far from the docks is good. As a smuggler, I probably have to figure out how to move things around. Or did anyway.
Nov 7, 2015 3:41 am
PhantomNimbus says:
Just looked it over. Looks good to me. Great backstory detail. I should have a first post up and may split the threads up into sections or chapters as we go. I also hope Mack has a signature cowboy hat. :)
Mack looks askance. Don't touch the hat please -- it's... sentimental.
Nov 8, 2015 3:59 pm
Alright, busy weekend sorry I haven't posted sooner. I should have our first post up tonight hopefully.
Nov 9, 2015 5:28 am
Alright, the game is up, have at it!
Nov 9, 2015 6:47 am
Oops, we've started and I haven't gotten around to finalizing my gear! Should get on that before I post.
Nov 9, 2015 12:09 pm
Oh yeah. Feel free to wrap up those details. :)
Nov 9, 2015 1:04 pm
Jabes.plays.RPG says:
Leather armor = leather jacket (11+Dex)? Or Light Undercover Shirt (11+Dex, DR/2 ballistic)?
The latter is preferable but since I'm equipping Kessel with the standard starting equipment packages I'm converting from standard issue leather armor.
Nov 9, 2015 2:13 pm
I'll go ahead and give you the light undercover shirt. Anyone else who would normally start with leather armor can do the same.
Nov 9, 2015 3:14 pm
PhantomNimbus says:
I'll go ahead and give you the light undercover shirt. Anyone else who would normally start with leather armor can do the same.
Cool! Thanks! Ok, I'm all set. Do we have a name for our NPC handler yet?
Nov 9, 2015 3:17 pm
We do not at this point. First one to say it names them. :)
Nov 9, 2015 3:27 pm
Phantom Nimbus, the sexy A.I. Like a female Jarvis, she also controls our hideout's security systems and operates the machinery in the workshop. :-D

Or Tymora, named after ancient Faerun's goddess of good fortune, skill, victory, adventurers.

Is an A.I. okay or would you guys prefer an actual person?
Last edited November 9, 2015 6:40 pm
Nov 9, 2015 4:40 pm
My vote would lean towards an actual person, but really I'm okay with either. I think they each have their pros and cons.
Nov 9, 2015 7:33 pm
Bah, should have said. my phantom nimbus character isn't your handler. Just a helper AI. Mostly so I can have a nicer picture when narrating the game, but also so I can logically interject anything if need be. :)

I'll let your group come up with who the actual handler is. Sounds like a person may be nice.
Nov 9, 2015 7:36 pm
Oops! I'll edit my post.
Nov 9, 2015 7:40 pm
Also edited my post to refer to PHANTOM.Nimbus as an A.I. helper. I've gone ahead and named our handler Tymora. Whether she's a person or A.I. is still open. Yeah maybe a person, since half the team is already robots! :-D
Last edited November 9, 2015 7:41 pm
Nov 9, 2015 7:46 pm
I'll suggest a grease-monkey as our handler and resident mechanic. If a class is needed, a Cleric under the City Domain. I can make up a backstory, but for now perhaps this avatar might work:
http://orig00.deviantart.net/3298/f/2014/013/c/5/field_doctor_female_by_alexpascenko-d722zn1.jpg
Nov 9, 2015 7:51 pm
I like her! :-)
Nov 10, 2015 12:51 am
I really do see our NPC, Tymora, as a cleric, and I'm not just saying it because we don't have one in the party. Reading over the City Domain, it seems perfect that the person who finds us work would be someone that has a connection to the workings of the city itself and the people within. I can see Tymora as being a bit neutral in regards to laws, preferring to help the common citizenry with their needs, with little regard to whether or not it's legal. I also see her as good, at least up to a certain point.

I don't see her as a combatant. She'd be proficient enough in a sidearm to defend herself and can drive, but she'd leave the wetwork to the PCs. Not sure what skills would count for being able to repair vehicles and machinery, but repairs seems akin to healing so the Cleric role fits nicely there, too.

Tymora would be like our team mom. Not in the sense of telling us to wash behind our ears or making sure we eat our veggies, but rather like someone that works to keep the team together and functioning cohesively. She could have been the one that brought the team together, whether through online or in-person recruitment. At least that way, we all share a bond.

Maybe she doesn't always meet face-to-face with prospective clients, and gets work through anonymous message boards. Or, she does have face-to-face meetings, which could range from back-alley rendezvous, slipped notes at a bar, or a small room separated by a barrier like a confessional. Perhaps she brings Kessel or Mack to these meetings as backup.

She might even leave out a plate of oranges for us when we get back from work.
Nov 11, 2015 3:20 am
Alright, I'm rolling up the NPC tonight.
Nov 12, 2015 12:20 pm
I just realized that all this time, I haven't been adding Breecha's proficiency bonus to his firearms attack rolls. Not that it mattered thus far.
Nov 12, 2015 12:22 pm
Yes, whenever you take the AIM action with a firearm you get to add proficiency bonus. You also have to have proficiency with that type of weapon of course. :)
Nov 12, 2015 12:29 pm
Oh wait, that means I have been adding it, since I've been aiming. Sorry for the confusion!

To confirm, Breecha's DEX bonus is +2, and when he aims he can add another +2 from his proficiency bonus?
Nov 12, 2015 12:38 pm
Yup. That's right.
Nov 12, 2015 2:12 pm
Quote:
A character proficient with a firearm does not automatically add any proficiency bonus to the attack roll. Rather, proficiency with a firearm allows a character to use a bonus action to take the aim action, which adds the character’s proficiency bonus to the attack roll. Without taking the aim action (or if a character is using a firearm without proficiency), the shooter receives only the benefit of a Dexterity bonus on the attack roll.
But a non-proficient shooter still adds his DEX modifier to the damage roll?
Nov 12, 2015 2:14 pm
Yes. Dex will always be added to ranged attacks. Aim just makes it so you can add your proficiency bonus if you are proficient with that weapon. If you are unproficient you simply don't have the aim action available to you. You don't have the training with a weapon to be able to aim and use it properly.
Nov 12, 2015 6:31 pm
Does the same mechanic hold true for spells?
Nov 12, 2015 6:47 pm
No. Since your gun is more of a focus you probably already are getting your bonus included in your spell bonus. If you wanted to fire your focus like a standard gun, then you would follow all the normal rules for a ranged attack. Including using Dex instead of your magic score and using the guns damage stats.
Jan 12, 2016 4:09 pm
Do nano-machines exist in this world?

I am thinking that if Breecha gets another level, he's going to multi-class into paladin, with the oath of vengeance. Story-wise, it'd play as if Tymora's influence has embedded a bit of the City domain, and much of Breecha's tasks has been as an instrument in the destruction of "greater evils" in town through any means necessary.

I asked about nano-machines because I am thinking that the Lay on Hands and healing spells could be played not with magic, but with technology. Some of the upgrades Breecha would request include medical nano-machines that repairs wounds and removes disease.

I figure we could use a secondary healer, just so we're not mistaken for drug dealers or a roaming pharmacy with all the healing stims we carry around.
Jan 12, 2016 5:01 pm
I think that's awesome!
Jan 13, 2016 5:05 pm
That would be cool, and it would set you apart from Preserver who does use magic to heal.
Jan 13, 2016 5:16 pm
If I had more foresight, I'd have rolled up a paladin from the start. I think it would have been cool to have reached level 20 with the Oath of Vengeance and have Breecha sprout jet-packs for flight.
Jan 15, 2016 2:51 pm
The nano machines sounds like a good story idea that probably won't change much, so I would say it's fine to be cannon to this world.

Also sorry for the small stalling out everyone. My second kid (first son) was born this last Friday (8th). So this last week has been a bit rough. The next two should even out more and give me back posting time. Thanks for hanging in there. I should hopefully have a new post today sometime.
Jan 15, 2016 3:32 pm
Congratulations! Don't worry about us, we'll be fine!
Jan 15, 2016 3:49 pm
Yeah, congratulations! Take your time. Kids are a big adjustment. Don't feel pressured by us.
Jan 15, 2016 4:02 pm
Congratulations, man! :-)
Jan 15, 2016 7:35 pm
Congrats on the offspring! Take your time. We're not going anywhere (at least I'm not). Have fun with the new sprog and good luck getting some sleep in the near future!
May 6, 2016 12:13 am
picked up misty step and hold person as my 2nd level spells (2 new spells on gaining a level).
May 6, 2016 12:16 am
falryx says:
picked up misty step and hold person as my 2nd level spells (2 new spells on gaining a level).
Nice thing is I think misty step lets you move vertically too. I assume I'll expect a lot of "how tall are the buildings around here".
May 6, 2016 12:22 am
I imagine that when Mack misty steps he swirls his guns like a gunslinger and then teleports.
May 6, 2016 1:19 am
Pretty much, only the enemy will see the path you took during a teleport. A spell like Blink will prevent them seeing the eventual end point.
Jun 4, 2016 11:44 am
Corril's rolls and stats
13, 12, 12, 12, 9, 12
:( this is boring, it'll be standard array + half-elf
I used max hp at level, half of that later
I'd like a leather jacket off mission, light-duty vest on mission
two automatic pistols (or do we have SMGs?) for weapons
a tablet to interface with stuff, including loudspeakers for music
Last edited June 4, 2016 12:04 pm

Rolls

stat - (4d6)

(4633) = 16

stat - (4d6)

(1165) = 13

stat - (4d6)

(2641) = 13

stat - (4d6)

(5251) = 13

stat - (4d6)

(3242) = 11

stat - (4d6)

(6151) = 13

trinket - (1d100)

(74) = 74

Jun 4, 2016 12:34 pm
How can he drive? Is there a skill for that?
Jun 4, 2016 1:39 pm
Much like the base game there is proficiency with land vehicles, though there isn't a specific stat for it. Generally driving would probably be considered dexterity, but it depends on a specific situation.

As far as guns there are SMGs.

Here is the full wiki for the world.

In particular I would read the combat page to understand how proficiency with guns works. Combat Wiki. Bards have proficiency with sidearms.

Lastly is the weapon page here. It will show what weapons are in this world as far as firearms go.
Jun 4, 2016 3:38 pm
so it's undercover vest and no SMG for Flatdew (his stage name)
Jun 4, 2016 3:48 pm
You can use an SMG you just won't be able to properly aim it and get the bonus from proficiency.
Jun 4, 2016 3:53 pm
no, two pistols are cool
Do we have any feats by level 3?
Jun 4, 2016 4:15 pm
I think the crunch and character details are done. If they're all ok, I'll write up his background.
Jun 5, 2016 1:52 am
Lemme double check source book on the feats quick. It still follows the standard progression.
Jun 5, 2016 1:55 am
It looks like fourth level is the first chance for skill improvement/feat. Whichever you want to choose. I may add in feats for weapon Proficiencies in case people want to learn their way into a new weapon proficiency. I could even just make it a generic "Weapons Training" feat that lets you add a new firearms proficiency.
Jun 7, 2016 8:03 pm
I've levelled up.
Background story and personality coming soon.
Jun 12, 2016 7:13 am
I've posted something but can't go into much detail until I see Greenvoid's character. But no pressure! :-)
Jun 16, 2016 8:19 pm
@greenvoid: How is the character coming? If you have enough to RP off you can join in for now while you hammer out the background.
Jun 20, 2016 7:35 pm
So, I'm back. Bad HDD, very bad HDD. It's been scrapped.

Corril was always the friendly guy in the hood, and most kids liked him, and quite a few girls fell in love him now and then. He got used to this and feels weird when there isn't at least one person paying attention to him for more than a few minutes.
Part of his social life and a reason for his success was being a DJ. Everyone wanted to on good terms with him -- getting a DJ to put on that song (that HE or SHE loves so much) is a big advantage. He used his popularity to make many connections and to listen to stories. He loves stories and people like to be listened to.

After and unfortunate accident in the factory his mother worked at (and was said to be involved), the family moved to the Dalelands and they still live there. However, Corril definitely did not like the sleepy community there, and at the first oppurtunity he moved back to San Waterdeep.

He got work as a Dj in a club, but a regular job -- even something this close to his liking -- was not for him. It was too repetitive (same crowd, same music), not flexible enough to allow him the social life he wanted, so he quit after a few months. Since then he's been doing odd jobs for a living always just making enough to float, but not enough to really improve his lifestyle.

Not long ago, a cousin of his father's recommended him to hook up with an upcoming team of runners. He liked the idea immediately, and when he learned that family (Kessel) is on the team, he said yes and is eager to be on his first 'serious' run.

Any thoughts?
Last edited June 20, 2016 7:37 pm
Jun 20, 2016 7:38 pm
I like it. The rookie being called up to the big leagues. Sounds good to me. :)
Jun 21, 2016 7:55 pm
Can we call him 'kid'?
Jun 21, 2016 7:58 pm
You can call him whatever you want, just don't call him late for dinner?
Jun 21, 2016 8:00 pm
...and stop calling me Shirley.
Jul 4, 2016 7:41 pm
Note: I think we leveled to 4, right? So +2 to an attribute and 2 more spells for me (from levels 1 and 2 - to a total of 12 spells known).

Mack will take +2 to INT (16 -> 18).

Mack will also learn: Scorching Ray, Shatter. Memorized spells updated wiht (M) in my character sheet.
Jul 5, 2016 12:50 pm
Sounds like good choices and ones you may soon find useful. :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.