Hello Gamers

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 3, 2019 2:25 pm
Hi, I'm Bakuiel, I am a long time gamers mostly for crpgs and other video games. Been playing ttrpgs for a few years now, mostly pbp. Was looking for a Numenera game and found this site, looks really cool. I'm big into Shadowrun, Numenera, Dungeons and Dragons 3.5 and Pathfinder. Used to play Rifts too but lost my books a while back. Hope to find some good games and join you all for some fun.
Jun 3, 2019 2:27 pm
Hello and welcome!
Jun 3, 2019 2:30 pm
Welcome and look forward to gaming with you.
Jun 3, 2019 3:17 pm
Welcome!
Jun 3, 2019 3:20 pm
Welcome. Wow Rifts! I haven't heard that name for a while now. I used to love reading those world books, but just found the combat system so overwhelming.
Last edited June 3, 2019 3:49 pm
Jun 3, 2019 3:38 pm
Welcome Bakuiel. Someone in my house might wear a t-shirt that says "3.5 til I die."
Jun 3, 2019 3:48 pm
Welcome!
Jun 3, 2019 4:38 pm
Valkeelis says:
Welcome. Wow Rifts! I haven't heard that name for a while now. I used to love reading those world books, but just found the combat system so overwhelming.
Yeah a lot about Rifts was overwhelming but the roleplay was fun, used to have a game where I was a Dragon and my friends were a witch, a cyberknight slave and a glitterboy mechanic, not many systems could so that crazy stuff.

Thank you everybody for the welcome.
Jun 3, 2019 5:19 pm
Welcome!
Jun 3, 2019 11:12 pm
Bakuiel says:
Valkeelis says:
Yeah a lot about Rifts was overwhelming but the roleplay was fun, used to have a game where I was a Dragon and my friends were a witch, a cyberknight slave and a glitterboy mechanic, not many systems could so that crazy stuff.

I'm currently giving Rifts a chance. a friend is running a game. So far, I'm not too crazy about the system... Also, the books are horribly organized.
Jun 3, 2019 11:21 pm
kalajel says:
Bakuiel says:
Valkeelis says:

I'm currently giving Rifts a chance. a friend is running a game. So far, I'm not too crazy about the system... Also, the books are horribly organized.
I really enjoyed the lore in Rifts, but geez talk about balance issues. Like Bakuiel was saying, you end up with these weird parties like - A mecha pilot, a dragon, a mystic ninja, a juicer, a borg and some weird psychic like a tele-mechanic or a burster.

I really loved Rifts Japan though - just reading the lore. Mystic Ninjas were insane. Oh you wanna attack me in a mecha? Ok I'll just use my chi and convert to MDC then lay into you with my psi-sword and 7 attacks per round lol. Crazy stuff.

You do not have permission to post in this thread.