Thinking about starting a new D&D 5e campaign

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Nov 2, 2015 6:03 pm
I'm thinking of starting up another D&D 5 campaign. It would be one of the currently printed modules, Hoard of the Dragon Queen, Princes of the Apocalypse, or Out of the Abyss.

Anyone have a preference?
Nov 2, 2015 6:13 pm
One of the latter two, though if you plan to start soon you can discount my input, as I won't be joining any more games until I finish some...
Nov 2, 2015 6:14 pm
I don't know when to quit joining games.

Not familiar with any of these so I'd be up for anything!
Nov 2, 2015 6:16 pm
I should give other players a chance to join 5e games.

That said, I'm interested in any of them!
Nov 2, 2015 6:20 pm
Oh, I know what you mean, I'm in like 9 games as a player. Now I'm running one too, but I just can't stop!
Nov 2, 2015 6:27 pm
I'd jump in any of those. What's one more game? :-)
Nov 2, 2015 6:31 pm
Well, since there's no clear preference here I'm gonna roll a die!

*Rolls a D6* "Hmm... a 5... Out of the Abyss it is!"

I should be posting a game sometime today or tomorrow and will reserve spots for each of you :)
Nov 2, 2015 6:35 pm
I don't know when to quit either! Never played any of those modules so yeah, I'm down! :-D
Nov 2, 2015 6:45 pm
I'll give up my spot to Keleth, if there's no room.
Nov 2, 2015 6:58 pm
I was planning on having 5 spots, just to give more people a chance to play, so that's perfect :)
Cancerman, Moofsalot, Szemely, Jabes, and Keleth (if he wants to play)
Nov 2, 2015 7:21 pm
Thanks for the offer CancerMan, but I wouldn't want anyone to give up their spot for me anyway :) Glad we're all in!
Nov 3, 2015 1:13 pm
I would definitely like to join, though this is kind of my first time doing D&D and I'm not very experienced with the set up, so I would like to be able to use a character I already have from a previous game. IDK if he's set up by the correct standards, a friend of mine helped me out. Do any of you know Micah Purviance?
Nov 3, 2015 10:28 pm
CouchLord0510 says:
I would definitely like to join, though this is kind of my first time doing D&D and I'm not very experienced with the set up, so I would like to be able to use a character I already have from a previous game. IDK if he's set up by the correct standards, a friend of mine helped me out. Do any of you know Micah Purviance?
This is a good format to learn in. Slow paced. I will say most DMs/GMs prefer characters made for their campaigns, and learning about character creation helps learn about the game and how characters work when the action heats up. Don't shy away from making new characters basically.
Nov 3, 2015 10:29 pm
The game is currently full, but I will let you know if I get an open spot :)

You do not have permission to post in this thread.