INTEREST CHECK - Lacuna, surreal horror/mystery

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 5, 2019 2:09 am
https://i.postimg.cc/y6gpyZmb/C0981-A1-D-097-F-453-F-B5-C6-F36-E2-A023-C91.gif

"What happens is this... you go to sleep in one place... and you wake up somewhere else. You wake up in Blue City."

The full name of the game (which didn’t fit in the title bar) is Lacuna, The Creation of the Mystery and the Girl from Blue City

Lacuna is a rules lite indie RPG from Memento Mori Theatrics. The game is difficult to describe: its part surreal horror, part mystery, and part conspiracy. In Lacuna, players take on the role of "Mystery Agents," Men-in-Black style operatives who plunge into humanity’s collective subconscious in order to hunt down dangerous personalities. The Jungian mass subconscious takes the form of Blue City, a meandering mindscape of strangeness bordering every human mind. Both Blue City, and the Company you work for, are ridden with secrets. The game has the feel of a Cold War spy thriller fused with Inception.

As stated, the system is very rules lite. Character creation is quick and easy. All your stats are tied to your heart rate. As your heart rate goes up, you get more powerful. But if it goes too high, you flatline and die in the physical world.

I don’t intend to run the game for very long, maybe just a few months.
Last edited June 6, 2019 3:05 pm
Jun 5, 2019 5:34 am
Sounds very interesting and I like rules light especially for PBP. I would be interested in joining the game. Are the rules available for free?
Last edited June 5, 2019 5:34 am
Jun 5, 2019 6:33 am
I've been curious about Lacuna for a long while. The rulebook is NOT available for free as far as I'm aware.
Jun 6, 2019 5:03 am
Commenting here just to thank you for pointing me at the next rpg I'm going to pick up and read!
Jun 6, 2019 2:59 pm
If you search google for "Lacuna rpg pdf", the first result should be a link to a free pdf of the game (seems to be complete, other than it’s missing the cover art). Alternately, if a game happens, I have a copy of the pdf that I can share. I also have a cheat sheet for the rules.

I’ve owned the book for years and have wanted to try it, but no one I game with irl is interested. Figured I’d try Pbp as the next option.
Last edited June 6, 2019 3:05 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.