um, sup

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jun 6, 2019 8:54 pm
Hi. Not sure where to start or what all to encompass, but I guess I'll just jump right in. My brother introduced me to Dungeons and Dragons 5th edition a few years ago. I was reluctant at first, but fell in love after a few seconds of cooperation. We had a group that got together once a week for about a year, and then fell apart. I've tried to start it up a few times more, but it never happened, so now I'm resorting to this to get my fix. Apparently, I've got a talent for writing and making very interesting characters with lots of depth. I used to create these characters for fun using a 5e app, but I deleted most of them shortly after, and lately I've been in a bit of a slump. I'm sure there'll be nothing like playing d&d to get my creative juices flowing again. An important thing to note about me would probably be that I'm non-binary, but if you must know, I suppose that biologically I'm female. Despite this, I'm not very easily offended, which I'm sure is a breath of fresh air for many of you. I look forward to playing with all of you.
Jun 6, 2019 9:07 pm
Welcome, I am sure you will find a game to your liking. Also keep an eye out for other games so if you want to learn a new one, people here are more than willing to teach.
Jun 6, 2019 9:11 pm
Welcome.
As for being non-binary, or how you identify...to be honest, half the people I am in games with, I have no idea of their gender. Just the character.
Jun 6, 2019 9:15 pm
Greetings and salutations.

I"m convinced that half the players i play with are robots. So theres no worries about here :D
Jun 6, 2019 9:24 pm
Welcome!
Jun 6, 2019 9:33 pm
Welcome to the party.

I came into PbP with a similar attitude as you "well, I guess this is what I must do to get my rp fix now".

4 years later, I find many of the PbPs I'm involved in (which is currently 6, 2 GMing, 4 Playing) to be more rewarding than many(/most?) IRL games I've played.

PbP is a great medium in which to experience rpgs. IF you communicate and engage willingly and eagerly, and IF you find the right ppl.

I can tell you, you've achieved the second part. What about the first?
Jun 6, 2019 9:43 pm
Welcome Peppermint_Green! It's affirming to hear how quickly you found a passion for our beloved hobby. I hope you find some great D&D games and maybe get to try some other game systems, too;
Jun 6, 2019 9:44 pm
Welcome!
Jun 6, 2019 10:33 pm
Welcome!
Jun 6, 2019 11:17 pm
Welcome aboard.
Jun 6, 2019 11:37 pm
Thank you all for the warm reception and the advice, I have a tendency to overthink things, so it really doesn't go unappreciated. CaveJohnson, ily, you're my favorite so far. Great username, excellent profile pic. Portal 2 was my favorite game for a long time, and Borderlands 2 is my current favorite, keeping the hype train rollin for 3!
Jun 7, 2019 1:01 am
Welcome
Jun 7, 2019 1:19 am
Hello and welcome!
Jun 7, 2019 6:16 am
Welcome to the community, Peppermint-Green!

Don't forget to check out the New GP Member Guide.

We'd love to have you join us on the Discord server as well for real time chat about the site, RPGs in general, and just about anything!

Happy gaming!
Last edited August 13, 2019 5:49 pm

You do not have permission to post in this thread.