Restarting my game

Be sure to read and follow the guidelines for our forums.

Jul 1, 2019 4:15 am
Hi all, I'm thinking of "restarting" my game as its pretty dead except for one still responsive player. It'll use the Fate system with homebrewed skill list and what not. The setting will have "futuristic" space travel, along with magic and posibly god-like entities. Humanity has reached a point of factional conflicts and politics, while dealing with aliens from the local universe and beyond.
Jul 1, 2019 4:18 am
Do let me know if you're interested and can remain active to post about once a day or two. I'm trying to make sure not to let my game get weighted down by unresponsive players again.
Jul 1, 2019 8:56 am
if its anything likeJS Morins book series The Black Ocean, then I am very interested
Jul 1, 2019 11:41 am
The players will start as loyal agents of the United Worlds Project, one of the several Human Factions focused on giving the myraid of independent planets a chance to serve a higher purpose in saving the universe as a whole from the prophesied apocalypse of the invasion by outside forces. The PCs would be regarded as having gone through a variety of missions before being grouped together for their future missions. They can choose to break from their Faction later.
Last edited July 1, 2019 11:41 am
Jul 1, 2019 11:51 am
@runekyndig, I have not heard of that series, but I suppose its something like that. A little surrealism here, a little Eldritch horror there. Humanity in my setting had spread out into the galaxy and have settled on their own technological levels and cultures. Science and magic can exist, such that some worlds are like medieval fantasies, while others are futuristic civilisations.
Jul 1, 2019 11:54 am
There has been a strange force that makes it almost impossible for a civilisation to travel to other planets ever since the Colonial Era about 70'000 years ago. But now, a golden age of Factions began that let Humanity to freely explore their universe again...
Jul 1, 2019 7:14 pm
I'm seeing a lot of games dying so it's good that there are some new ones and some phoenix's coming on. I'm always a fan of SF games and like your concept. I'd like the hear more about this change in space exploration. It seems like you're talking about the very far future if 70k years have elapsed since space exploration stopped. I'd also like to hear how factions have been involved with the renaissance of exploration. Oh and count me in on the game. I'm not too familiar with the FATE system but know there are two books one of which is the Core book. Can you provide access to whatever books you're using? I'm assuming it's a game other than your Fate of the Universe.
Last edited July 1, 2019 7:17 pm
Jul 1, 2019 9:15 pm
Fate Core and Fate Accelerated are both Pay What You Want (i.e. Free) and available as PDF here:
Fate Core
Fate Accelerated
Jul 2, 2019 3:33 am
Yes, you could look at the rules online. I'll mainly use Fate Core, and you can suggest other rules that you may like to use or feel is appropriate for the scenario.

Also, I'll be reusing my Fate of the Universe game. The new players may look through the old forums that may give some ideas, or perhaps its better to set up a new forum. I'll do that.
Jul 3, 2019 8:44 pm
Here is my problem with Fate Core and Drive Thru RPG. To get the pdf, even if you're willing to pay something for it, you have to log in. I had forgotten my password since it had been some time since I've been there but they readily sent me a new one. Unfortunately, when I went to log in with the new password, it seems I am forced to log in via Facebook. I don't use FB. If there were another way to log into Drive Thru RPG, I would do that and get the pdf. I don't see a way to do that though. If anyone knows something different or can share their copy of the pdf with me, the I will be able to participate.
Jul 4, 2019 1:56 am
I see. Got it, posting here.
Jul 4, 2019 6:19 am
OK, got the pdf. Gave it a quick read and then reread your game description. I think I'll go with someone from an advanced tech world but not a simple fighter type. More like someone who can create weapons out of tech gear and use them in creative ways. Gotta do some wordsmithing to get a decent high concept out of that. How about creative jack of all weapons? I'll have to work on that a bit.
Jul 5, 2019 7:05 am
@runekyndig, are you still interested to join?
Jul 5, 2019 8:26 am
@RoAries, I'm declining your game. I'm starting in the Blue Planet game, and starting up a Dresden Files Fate game as GM, so my plate is full
Jul 5, 2019 8:54 am
Alright, thanks anyways.
Jul 5, 2019 11:02 am
RoAries says:
Alright, thanks anyways.
im new to the fate system but i can learn do you have an open spot ?
Jul 7, 2019 6:15 am
Ah yes, we can still have 2 more. I think I'll start with 3 players, and the 4th could join in later.
Jul 7, 2019 10:26 am
RoAries says:
Ah yes, we can still have 2 more. I think I'll start with 3 players, and the 4th could join in later.
ok hit Me up with an invite
Jul 14, 2019 6:33 am
Anybody else that might be interested in my Science Fantasy setting of Fate? I can still allow 2 more as 1 player have left.
Jul 14, 2019 4:44 pm
I'd be interested if you don't mind a total beginner with Fate and you need another player.
Last edited July 14, 2019 6:58 pm
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.