Part 2: Phandalin

load previous
Mar 29, 2016 6:50 am
The group's decision made, Kama excuses himself and checks in with Sister Garaele on the status of the bartender from the Sleeping Giant, as well as news of the Dendrars.

While with the Sister, Kama hesitantly asks about Tymora; what does she stand for, how she favors fortune. To the Sister herself, how one might resolve feelings of fortune favoring those that, in Kama's mind, don't deserve it.
Mar 29, 2016 5:05 pm
In Hollow's Room
Jozin and Cyril nod to Hollow, "As you say, it will be done."

Seipora rolls her eyes, "It's so boring here! There's nothing to do!"

At the Temple of Tymora
"One should be bold, for to be bold is to live. A brave heart and willingness to take risks beat out carefully wrought plans nine times out of ten. Place yourself in the hands of fate and trust your own luck. Bear and conduct yourselves as your own masters, showing your good or bad fortune as confidence in the Lady. Chase your own unique goals, and the Lady aids the chase. Without direction or goals, you soon know the embrace of Beshaba, for those on no set course are at the mercy of misfortune, which has no mercy at all," Sister Garaele recites easily, "That is the Dogma of Tymora. She blesses those who take chances and follow their dreams."

"Those that do not follow a righteous path inevitably find themselves in the embrace of Beshaba, Tymora's wicked sister. That is Tymora's will, though some call it Karma," She looks concernedly at Kama, "You seem... uncomfortable with this talk of faith; to what God do you give your fealty?"
Mar 29, 2016 5:37 pm
Kama shifts his weight. "I don't pledge myself to any specific deity," he says. "I grew up a farmer; we'd pray for favor from anyone who would listen, really. Some folk would come by and say that the rains were blessings from some name, but... I don't know. It always felt to be beyond that. My dad used to say that Gruumsh would give and take depending on how strong you were, but I think it was my mom that said it didn't matter which of the gods you had faith in, but that you believe."

The half-orc averts his gaze, focusing on a table or chair, anything to the side. "Never really thought about it much, but after mucking through that manor... I think it's time I started to believe in something. I keep thinking about little Carp, how close he was to that thing under the ruins. I just don't know where I'm going to go with these thoughts, what I'd actually do. Is there such a thing as believing in life itself, or is it more a case of destroying the threats to life?"
Mar 29, 2016 8:41 pm
"You may believe in whatever you'd like," she responds, "That is the beauty of being a reasoning being. But there is a Goddess who would seem to match what's in your heart: Chauntea, the Goddess of Life and the Harvest. There is also Yondalla, Goddess of Green Fields, Life, Protection, and Family."
Mar 29, 2016 8:59 pm
"You've given me some direction," says Kama with a nod. "Thanks. Perhaps I will look into Chauntea"

With his philosophical dilemma quelled a bit, Kama returns to the inn for a few ales, companionship, raucous laughter, and rest.
Mar 29, 2016 9:13 pm
"You're welcome," she says, and smiles brilliantly at you, "Please, come back again when your heart is not so heavy, I would like to get to know you better."

Before you leave she lays a hand over a wound on your side and you feel healing energy flowing into you (14 healing). She winks and turns away to tend to her duties with a coy smile on her face.

Rolls

Cure Wounds - (2d8+3)

(74) + 3 = 14

Mar 30, 2016 5:28 pm
"I understand Seipora, but I need you to be safe. You and Jozin & Cyril are what keep me focused. Besides, staying here is going to be much nicer than being on the road. At least until or if those Orcs attack.
Mar 31, 2016 1:31 pm
Seipora sighs grandly, "I suppose you're right, I just can't wait to get back to a real city."
Apr 3, 2016 3:39 am
I eat my fill and take an inventory of my weapons (specifically my remaining arrows) before I retire for the evening.
Apr 4, 2016 2:05 pm
Your night passes uneventfully and you set off in the morning toward Thundertree. There are two paths to get there:

1. Head straight north and walk with the Neverwinter Wood on your right, you will get there in three days, but the land is a bit more untamed.

2. Head west, then north to the High Road to Neverwinter and then cut back east. This will get you there in four days, and is a bit less wild.
Apr 4, 2016 3:54 pm
Kama defers to the ranger for guidance through the wild, and follows Xora's lead.
Apr 6, 2016 3:08 pm
"We go North. I will lead us, but you must do as I say or the dangers of the wild will take you. We must move quickly."

Thread locked