Part 2: Phandalin

load previous
Mar 18, 2016 4:27 pm
"I never turn down free food, but I'll catch up," says Kama. "I need to speak with Hollow about our little unconscious wizard here." Kama intends to figure out what just happened between Wish and Iarno, and if the wizard is out from the explosion or something else.

Rolls

Arcana - (1d20-1)

(19) - 1 = 18

Mar 18, 2016 4:40 pm
From his observations Kama is not 100% sure what happened. Iarno seemed to get the worst of it, but you can't tell if it was just bumping his head in the explosion or something more magical in nature.
Mar 18, 2016 7:22 pm
Wish heads to the Inn, trying to engage the taciturn Xora in conversation to cover his embarrassment.

"So what do you think they'll have to eat at the Stonehill Inn tonight? I'm famished."

"I feel like celebrating after taking care of all those bullies AND their bugbear allies!"

"Uh...what do you feel like eating tonight? I feel like I still don't know you very well, even after all we've been through together for Gundren and all..."

Basically he's just babbling, trying to deflect attention away from his outburst.
Mar 18, 2016 7:43 pm
"What weapon is it that you carry?" I point at the pouch.
Mar 18, 2016 7:57 pm
"Weapon? What? What weapon?" Wish dissembles, but then he looks at Xora. She's easily the most trustworthy and dependable dragon person he's ever seen, with such honest, open features on her muzzle. She's saved his life and fought by his side for days. He relents.

"You mean this." He stops in the road and pulls out the chunk of obsidian shot through with dull red veins barely visible in the black glass. It gives off an aura of unease, so slight that one could convince oneself that one was imagining it. Certainly Wish has. "Well, I've had this with me for a long time. It's sort of a memento of bad times. I keep it with me to remember how much better things are for me now, with friends I can rely on." Wish says this confidently, but inside he is very tense. He's long suspected that the people who've been hunting him have been pursuing the rock more than him. Could Xora turn out to be one of his hunters, even after all they've been through together?
Mar 18, 2016 8:07 pm
"Dangerous? I stare at it, expecting it to explode again, then look back at Wish. "Did you intend to harm that prisoner?"
Last edited March 19, 2016 12:37 am

Rolls

Insight - (1d20+5)

(4) + 5 = 9

Mar 18, 2016 9:41 pm
"I don't know what happened back there; this rock has never done that before..."

Wish considers for a moment. "I...I guess I did really want to hurt him. I thought he'd destroyed the rock, somehow, and I was so angry...! I don't know why I was so angry, really. I couldn't bear the thought of losing it, I guess. How dare he try to take it from me?!"
Mar 19, 2016 6:00 pm
Hollow observes the man through the bars for a moment before peaking to Kama,"I am unsure what insight I can offer. I don't understand what happened either. I suppose we should call upon the cleric. I can get Jozin and Cyril to track her down."
Mar 19, 2016 9:31 pm
"Right, let's get the Sister, then," says Kama as he watches the unconscious man in the cell. "Hopefully he still has his mind intact, so he can stand trial with the Lords Alliance."

He turns and prepares to leave, rejoin Wish and Xora, and plan their next move.
Mar 21, 2016 2:33 am
I nod to Wish in seeming agreement. "Keep it out of sight." Then I continue towards the inn. "I am a capable cook, but sometimes it is enjoyable to try something... different. Perhaps a stew?"
Mar 21, 2016 10:13 pm
The party reconvenes at the Stonehill Inn, where they meet back up with Jozin, Cyril, and Seipora.
Mar 22, 2016 12:28 am
Kama asks what's special on the menu today. After a full day of sneaking in and out of ruins, the half-orc has worked up an appetite.

"What's our next order of business?" Kama asks the group. "Find the druid for directions to Cragmaw Castle?"
Mar 22, 2016 1:59 am
Wish nods at Xora's wisdom and pockets the obsidian once more.

At the Stonehill, cheerfully buys Jozin, Seipora, and Cyril victuals as well (secretly relieved that there aren't further comments about his awkward outburst). With some food in his belly and the good company of his friends, Wish has soon forgotten his gloom. "I for one don't like the idea of orcs in the area again. While I personally know an excellent person of orcish descent" - here he claps Kama on the back "--no one I'd rather have by my side in a fight! -- the last time orcs were seen in any numbers in this area, they swarmed through the region and destroyed this very town. It was orcs that destroyed Phandelver, isn't that right, Toblen?" Wish calls out to the proprietor. Wish takes a sip. "Still, that is in the other direction from Thundertree - east, rather than north - and it would take us days. Perhaps we should take the horses that Harbin has let us borrow and find the druid first. I am worried about Gundren." He looks at Seipora, Jozin, and Cyril. "Have any of you heard any talk about Gundren's brotherss? Nundren and Tharden should be here; it's strange that they still haven't arrived in town. They should know about Gundren. I wish I knew where they were."
OOC:
Let me know how much to pay out for everyone's meal and I'll deduct it from my share of the treasure.
Last edited March 22, 2016 2:00 am
Mar 22, 2016 3:23 pm
Toblen nods grimly, worried about that very thing, "Yes, it was orcs, though it was many, many years ago now."

Jozin speaks up in response to Wish's question, "Just that they haven't returned. Barthen, who I spoke to earlier this day is getting quite concerned. They're usually not out this long without coming into town to restock."
OOC:
It'll be 7 sp for the meal
Mar 23, 2016 4:47 pm
Kama frowns, idly picking at a tusk. "If Sildar had more time, he could muster a militia. I first thought he could convert the Redbrands in a pinch, but I'm starting to have second thoughts that they'd bolt and run at the first sign of orcs; I don't think they have anything or any family tying them to this place."

He sighs. "Gah! Both the Gundren and the orcs are dire things that need to be addressed. This town is suddenly open to an invasion, and your friend is still out there, and I sure as hell don't want to split the group up."

Kama turns to Wish. "I leave it to you. You know your friend more than we do. If you say we need to get to Gundren now, I'm with you all the way."
Mar 24, 2016 5:23 pm
"We face two equally difficult challenges. We don't know if Gundren, or the Rockseeker's are even alive at this point. I fear their long absence form town might mean they were found by those who took Gundren. If the orcs organize and strike while we seek the druid toward Thundertree, we won't have safe haven to work from in our search for the Rockseekers. To many unknown factors to make an educated decision. Might as well flip a coin to choose our next move."
Mar 25, 2016 5:14 pm
"Save Gundren now. If we wait, he may be forgotten."
Mar 28, 2016 1:18 pm
"You're right, we have to keep looking for Gundren. It could be years before the orcs actually do anything, but Gundren may not even have a few days," Wish says, finishing his meal.
Mar 28, 2016 3:45 pm
Kama nods. "Then we'll head for Thundertree and the druid," he says, "after a rest. I don't know about the rest of you, but all that dancing with the Redbrands wore me out."
Mar 29, 2016 5:17 am
"The druid it is then. I agree to the rest. It has been a full day. I think I shall retire now."

Turning to Seipora, Joizn and Cyril, "Come, let us speak, I have tasks I need your help with."

Once alone in Hollow's room...

"I need you three to stay here while we go to Thundertree. I need you to watch this place. Specifically, Halia Thornton at the miner's exchange and Sister Garaele, at the temple. Thornton has connection to Albrek and his Redbrands that she is trying to conceal. Be cautious, don't visit or ask questions directly, just watch. As for the priestess, it isn't that I don't trust her, but she might need help. Try to keep an eye on her too, but again, keep your distance. Finally, we have heard of a potential threat to the town. There are orcs working at banditry. Be prepared to flee at the first sign of trouble. Sleep in shifts so that one of you is ready at all times.
load next

Thread locked