Part 2: Phandalin

load previous
Feb 26, 2016 6:16 pm
While everyone is focused on the one bugbear, I target the other.

Rolls

Attack! - (1d20+5)

(16) + 5 = 21

Damage - (1d8+3)

(4) + 3 = 7

Feb 29, 2016 3:09 pm
B2 takes a solid hit to the chest from Hollow's attack but manages to remain standing. B3 takes an arrow in the belly (7 damage) and winces before plucking it out and snarling at Xora.

B2 takes a swing at Kama, hitting him right in the chest with his morning star (11 damage). B3 advances on the pesky ranger and viciously chops at her, scoring a solid hit (12 damage).
OOC:
B2 (Badly Wounded): 26 damage
B3 (Slightly Injured): 7 damage
http://s19.postimg.org/4miitaw43/IMG_000000_000000.jpg

Rolls

B2 attack on Kama - (1d20+4, 2d8+2)

1d20+4 : (14) + 4 = 18

2d8+2 : (36) + 2 = 11

B3 attack on Xora - (1d20+4, 2d8+2)

1d20+4 : (16) + 4 = 20

2d8+2 : (64) + 2 = 12

Feb 29, 2016 4:39 pm
Kama attempts to end Bugbear2, in the hopes of making the battle slightly easier by not having multiple opponents. He swings his maul, trading a heavy-weapon hit with the goblinoid.

Rolls

Maul vs Bugbear2 - (1d20+5, 2d6+3)

1d20+5 : (17) + 5 = 22

2d6+3 : (65) + 3 = 14

Feb 29, 2016 4:42 pm
Kama trades hits with B2, and proves his might once again as his maul crushes the chest of his opponent (14 damage), who falls to the ground unable to breathe through his torn lungs.
Feb 29, 2016 9:14 pm
Wish leaps over the fallen body of Bugbear#2, attempting to catch Bugbear#3 by surprise with an attack from the rear.

Rolls

Rapier attack on B3, damage, sneak attack damage - (1d20+5, 1d8+3, 2d6)

1d20+5 : (12) + 5 = 17

1d8+3 : (6) + 3 = 9

2d6 : (13) = 4

Feb 29, 2016 9:16 pm
Wish does indeed catch B3 by surprise, viciously stabbing right into his exposed back (13 damage). He roars in pain but stays on his feet, ready for more fighting.
OOC:
B2: Dead
B3: 20 damage
Mar 4, 2016 4:54 pm
Hollow narrows her eyes in annoyance that the beast simply doesn't want to die and launched another eldritch blast at him. The attack hits home (10 damage) and the bugbear falls dead to the floor.
OOC:
Everyone gains 150 xp!

Rolls

Eldritch Blast - (1d20+6, 1d10+4)

1d20+6 : (14) + 6 = 20

1d10+4 : (6) + 4 = 10

Mar 4, 2016 5:35 pm
Kama remembers there was someone spoken to in the area beyond. He steps over the bodies and proceeds southward to investigate.
Mar 4, 2016 5:38 pm
Kama heads south to enter the barracks. This barracks contains four roughly built wooden bunks, with heaped-up blankets and dirty dishes scattered about. A strong smell of unwashed bodies and rotten meat fills the air. There is a goblin hiding in the corner of the room, shaking with fear. Your sudden appearance causes the goblin to faint.
Mar 4, 2016 8:31 pm
Wish, following Kama into the other room, claps a friendly hand on Kama's shoulder. "You're so deadly, now you can just look at 'em and they drop dead!"

He chuckles, then gets out some rope from his pack. "Seriously, though: do we tie him up, or do we ensure that there's one less goblin in the world?"
Last edited March 4, 2016 8:31 pm
Mar 4, 2016 8:43 pm
"Tie him up; he's no longer a threat," answers Kama. "Maybe he can join his colleagues with the Lionshield Coster and help out Linene."

Then in a low voice, after glancing over his shoulder at Hollow and Xora, Kama whispers conspiratorially to Wish, "I'm not that scary, am I? I mean... like, what... like, I don't just walk into the room and guys pee their pants, right?"
Mar 6, 2016 2:41 am
Wish ties up the goblin. He's tempted to make a joke, but it seems like Kama has some genuine concern. He answers back in a low voice as well: "...no, of course not. I was joking! Who knows why this little bugger passed out like this? Maybe he was excited to have visitors that weren't bugbears! I dunno." After he finished binding the fainting goblin, Wish investigates the room more thoroughly.
Mar 7, 2016 2:04 pm
Hollow catches a whiff of the bugbears' barracks and decides she wants nothing to do with it. She turns arround and heads for the wizard's workroom to the north and begins searching for anything of interest or value.
Mar 7, 2016 3:21 pm
Hollow opens to door to the wizard's workshop. A rat scurries across the floor and takes refuge under a large worktable set up with alembics, retorts, distillation coils, and other alchemical devices, all of it stewing and bubbling away. Bookshelves are crowded with sheaves of parchment and strange-looking tomes.

She finds a lot of notes on brewing potions of invisibility, but it appears he never perfected the process. She also finds an interesting tome, but you can't read it as it's written in dwarvish. Among the vials you find three that look valuable: a vial of mercury, one of dragon bile, and one of powdered nightshade.
Mar 7, 2016 3:46 pm
Hollow places the vials into her component pouch, then gathers the notes on invisibility and the tome written in dwarvish into her backpack. She contemplates the rat for a moment wondering if it might be a familiar, but decides it isn't worth the effort either way and rejoins the group.

"I believe that room is cleared of valuables. It would seem he kept everything worth having on him, the only thing in there were some rare components. There was a book that caught my fancy, but it is written in dwarvish and I can't read it."
Mar 7, 2016 4:18 pm
Kama busies himself with securing the Redbrands in the common room, removing their weapons and tying their hands.
Mar 7, 2016 4:34 pm
Kama searches the room, and the treasure scattered on the floor, and manages to find 75 cp, 55sp, 22 ep, 15 gp, and a gold earring set with a small ruby (30 gp).

On the Bugbears Kama finds 33 sp, and the eyepatch the lead bugbear was wearing is set with semiprecious stones (50 gp). He also finds in Eyepatch's pouch an iron key.
Mar 7, 2016 5:55 pm
Kama collects the treasure for Wish's safekeeping. "Was this it? Did we clear the ruins?"
Mar 8, 2016 6:10 am
"One more room I think, over there, and that was the extent of the reported forces, if we were told the truth. I'm not willing to bank on that though. So let's check out that last room and assume it is occupied." Hhollow points toward the armory and let's Kama and or Wish take the lead.
Mar 8, 2016 2:32 pm
"Maybe this key unlocks the door," offers Kama, wiggling the loot recovered from Eyepatch. "What about these chaps enjoying their uncomfortable rest?" he asks, looking down at the unconscious Redbrands.
load next

Thread locked