D&D 5e

Nov 7, 2014 10:14 am
Hi! I've never done a formal RPG through play-by-forum, but am very interested in trying...

Is there anyone out there who's looking to set up a 5e game? I'd be open to playing or even DMing, if nobody else wants to. Let me know if you're up for it, and we'll get something going.
Nov 7, 2014 5:43 pm
I'd get in on a 5E game. Total newbie though, if that works for ya...
Nov 7, 2014 11:04 pm
I haven't played a 5e game yet myself, but I've been through the free rules online (to get it built for Gamers' Plane), so if you want a player, I'd be in. But I suspect if you do start a game, we could get more interested people from Twitter onboard.
Nov 7, 2014 11:19 pm
I'll create a few characters based on the ones my IRL group were running and put them in the library.
Last edited November 8, 2014 12:04 am
Nov 8, 2014 12:25 am
So as I work on these characters, it becomes apparent that the most annoying part of making a 5e character on here is going to be manually adding in the skills. Would it be possible to have all the skills that appear on the basic character sheet appear automatically?
Nov 8, 2014 12:32 am
I actually asked about that on Twitter as I was building the site; the general response was it was unnecessary. But I think I can make it auto-populate the skills with the ones on the character sheet.
Nov 8, 2014 12:37 am
It probably wouldn't be so detrimental that it would turn someone off of the site, but it's very tedious, especially if you're planning on uploading several characters to the library
Nov 8, 2014 8:33 am
most of the skills or feats autofill however. would that be useful to you even if -all- the skills aren't present?
Nov 8, 2014 10:44 pm
Some autofill is better than none!
Feb 17, 2015 5:52 am
*slowly raises hand*
I'd really like to try playing a 5e game...
Feb 17, 2015 12:47 pm
I got the books and looked them over. Loving what I see and am considering running a rpg noob series but not sure I will have the time since I have a lot going on. My airship pirates game doesnt seem to be happening so I may cancel that and do Dnd 5 instead. Keep an ear out for news on the matter.
Feb 17, 2015 8:52 pm
I would certainly jump into another 5E game if one came open.
Feb 18, 2015 2:14 am
I'm running a 5E game with my local game group, but it would be nice to play one on here!
Feb 19, 2015 12:26 am
5e is of interest to me as well, but I don't have the materials to run it. I only have limited access to a Player's Guide.
Mar 20, 2015 6:55 pm
Anything picking up steam with this game? I'm GM for one game but would love to play in one.
Apr 3, 2015 4:27 am
I'm interested but look like this kind of died?
May 12, 2015 2:32 am
Yes, barinthus. It looks to have died. Anyone else in the thread interested in starting up another game?
May 14, 2015 1:09 pm
I'd like a game, but I don't know if I have enough time to devote to DMing...
May 14, 2015 2:45 pm
DMing here is quite easy... Since you have lots of time between posts you just need a nice notebook to not forget anything. Maybe start with a prewritten module that reduces the amount of preparation to a little reading. And you can go from there. Use the module as a starting point and wing the rest :-) Use your commute to come up with te next clever twist, usually you have a week or so to do it :-)
May 14, 2015 3:03 pm
I would also be interested! As long as y'all are cool with a novice to play-by-post
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.