2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Dec 1, 2015 6:08 am
Heading the warning of Urik, Dagger keeps his blaster at the ready. Upon seeing the cave he is more or less unsurprised to see it so dark and foreboding. Hearing the growling from behind trying to coral the group in Dagger can't help but remember similar gambits used in the cities to gain the drop on larger groups. Clever girl, he mutters to himself. A slight smirk crosses his face almost subconsciously.

Be ready everyone, we are being herded, he says, following Heyop towards the cave but keeping his eye behind the group.
Dec 2, 2015 1:43 am
Csillag will grab her blaster and wait for the others to enter the cave before following - retaking her position at the rear of the group.
Dec 2, 2015 5:50 am
Standing at the mouth of the cave with her rifle in hand, peering into darkness with the sounds of feral monsters behind them, Kaveri takes a deep breath and reaches out to feel the quality of the Force before stepping into the cave. The Dark Side clouds her senses, and her spirit recoils from that darkness even as she takes a tentative step into the cave, trying to use her five normal senses to detect the nature of the danger.

(OoC: rolling for Force points to use Sense - one Dark Side point. Not using Sense; will roll a Perception check, expecting that difficulty and/or setback dice will be added)
Last edited December 2, 2015 5:53 am

Rolls

Force points for Sense

1 Black Force Point

Perception to discern what's in the cave

2 Success, 3 Advantage

Total: 2 Success, 3 Advantage

Dec 2, 2015 5:55 am
Kaveri's normal senses detect nothing more than a dark, gloomy cave beckoning. With this knowledge in hand -- and certain that your quarry lies within, you proceed into the cave. Upon entering the cave -- you notice that the darkness soon gives way to an eerie low level of illumination from crystals embedded in the wall which casts disturbing shadows and plays with your own forms to play tricks on your mind -- more than once, as you pass through the tunnel, you feel like the shadows cast suggest you are being, literally, shadowed by something malevolent. But though you turn to investigate, nothing is ever there.

All players, please roll an Easy (1 purple) discipline check.

OOC: Attempting a new formatting norm. Players will have names underlined, dialog will be bolded and effects (e.g. strain, etc.) will be colored red. Instructions and OOC content will be rendered in italics.
Dec 2, 2015 8:24 am
Kaveri attempts to call upon Hethan's training and discipline to keep focus...

Rolls

Discipline check

2 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Dec 2, 2015 1:14 pm
Moving through the caves Heyop looks around using the Glowrod and tries to keep the creepiness out of his mind while he focuses on the primary task.

Rolls

Discipline Check (Rank 1 Wil 2)

2 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Advantage

Dec 2, 2015 3:13 pm
Heyop appears quite unnerved at the cave and the creepy shadows -- and is a bit jumpier than, say, Kaveri whose wilderness experience bolsters her ability to withstand the unknown.

falryx sent a note to Remnant
Dec 2, 2015 3:35 pm
Urik takes a guard position facing the immediate threat; whatever is shadowing them. The shadowy cave entrance is unnerving to him, so he is looking for a threat he can face head-on.

OOC: May I use one of those advantages to gain a blue on my next roll, and pass the same on to my colleagues (there's certainly enough advantages there to go around)?
Last edited December 2, 2015 5:32 pm

Rolls

Discipline

6 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 5 Advantage

Dec 2, 2015 8:16 pm
Friar_Tuk says:
OOC: May I use one of those advantages to gain a blue on my next roll, and pass the same on to my colleagues (there's certainly enough advantages there to go around)?
Yes.
Dec 2, 2015 10:55 pm
Still trying to keep an eye on where the group has come from Csillag finds the plays of the shadow deeply unsettling.

Rolls

Discipline (WIL 2 RANK 2)

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Threat

Total: 1 Success, 1 Advantage

Dec 3, 2015 1:18 am
Passing a note to Urik

falryx sent a note to Friar_Tuk
Passing a note to Heyop

Dec 3, 2015 4:08 pm
Moving around the Glowrod probably a bit more than needed to scan the area Heyop grumbles through clenched teeth, "Lets find this thing and get out of here. GK never did tell me if ghosts were real..." he stated ready to shot things it seemed.
Dec 3, 2015 4:15 pm
*Thing? What thing? What's he talking about?* Kaveri wonders to herself.

Out loud, she says "Remember what Borgath said about illusions and terrible visions, people. Keep talking, and tell what you see - we can confirm as a group whether something's real or not before you run into a deadfall or the jaws of an icewolf..." She continues to peer ahead. "So far, I don't see anything weird..."
Dec 4, 2015 4:15 pm
Dagger proceeds with the group into the caves -- his eyes darting about curiously, but he seems, like Kaveri and Csillag, not as unnerved by the eerie shadows and oppressive nature of the caves as the other two men. The group of you wander -- not quite aimlessly -- through the caves. Drawn on by a hint of the Force. Your senses stretch and strain to get a fix on the holocron -- and this occasionally leaves you open to wisps of other visions or sounds -- or are they just your imagination?

Rolls

Discipline

2 Success, 1 Threat

Total: 2 Success, 1 Threat

Dec 5, 2015 1:00 am
Passing some notes...

falryx sent a note to Friar_Tuk
falryx sent a note to spaceseeker19
falryx sent a note to szemely
Dec 5, 2015 1:07 am
One more note.. :)

falryx sent a note to PhantomNimbus
Dec 5, 2015 1:07 am
Ok. Everyone should have a note.
Dec 5, 2015 1:11 am
As he walked the Mirialan's hand seemed to skimmed the area downward towards his holster several times before shaking his head and blinking... Grinding his teeth he eventually spoke up in a whisper as he scanned the area, "Anyone else picking up on that... visions of the future? Something dark, splotchy and evil?" he began as he looked around, "It's going to get between us and the holicron... Unless... I wonder if this is a residual from using that sword..." he continued looking down to his hand and flexing it palm up while he looked. He steeled himself for what might happen and expected the worse...
Dec 5, 2015 2:09 am
"Fairly specific visions at that." Csillag quietly responds as she continues to look ahead. "Thought I might be the only one..."
Dec 5, 2015 9:48 pm
"Oh well I don't know if that should be comforting or unsettling then..." Heyop admitted and pressed on.

Well as least it's not from Malefax's sword... he thought wondering what happened to the cursed piece of metal for a few second before getting back to scanning the area as they moved onward.
load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.