2.0 - Lure of the Lost

load previous
Jul 10, 2017 12:42 am
You know what we need, man? Some rope. Charlie Bronson's always got a rope. He's always got a lot of rope strapped around him in the movies, and they always end up using it.
Jul 11, 2017 3:04 am
OOC:
I'm going to pick on Mal since he's not here...mostly because it'll mean that if he gets knocked out, I won't have to run him.
Rav Naaran rolls his eyes at Heyop's tirade and shrugs. "So be it. Then die." He quickly steps forward and engages Mal with his lightsaber. Mal's eyes go wide and he proceeds to swing his relatively recently acquired lightsaber almost as if he knows what he's doing with it. Somewhat to the surprise of you all, he holds his own, fending off the brutal assault from the dark jedi.
OOC:
Huh. Your turns!

Rolls

Rav attacks

1 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure, 2 Threat

Jul 11, 2017 8:39 am
So much for Diplomacy. Marc mutters. Since the Dark Jedi is already within reach, Marc lashes out at him in defense of Mal.

Using my free maneuver to Aim and taking 2 strain to use a 2nd maneuver to Aim as well.
OOC:
Interesting. How does the Despair impact things, and how is it even a Despair with a blank side?

Well, that would be 10 damage. Depending on what you do with the Despair, I'd like to use 2 of the 4 advantage to trigger Linked and hit Rav for another 6 damage, then use the remaining 2 advantage to recover 2 strain.
Last edited July 11, 2017 8:44 am

Rolls

4 Success, 5 Advantage, 1 Failure, 1 Threat, 1 Despair

Total: 3 Success, 4 Advantage, 1 Despair

Jul 11, 2017 9:56 am
OOC:
I forget if the graphic wont fit for display but its liw priority for bug fixes, it should be interesting XD
Jul 11, 2017 10:48 am
OOC:
Bring Skullthumper over here and start thumping Rav's skull!!! Or you could just hack the poor guy apart. You know he's had a hard life, he's been locked away for years and years. He might have tried to change, but being locked up that long, it probably drove the poor guy insane. With that said, it's time for you to be like Mike Tyson up in here. Your style is impetuous. Your defense is impregnable. You're just ferocious. You want Rav's heart. You want to eat his children.

Iron Mike was the best :)
Jul 11, 2017 3:27 pm
OOC:
crap. I'm back! glad to see I'm holding my own
Jul 11, 2017 10:48 pm
He tried to kill you Mal! it's only right that you should hit back! End him! End him now! Strike him down and turn to the Dar...! I mean, uphold the Light Side...
Jul 11, 2017 11:18 pm
Lightsaber at the ready, Csillag rushes forward and backhands an attack, hoping to the cyan blade past Rav's defenses.
OOC:
Taking two strain to aim - the setback is for the damaged saber.

EDIT: Pass the advantages on to boosts for the next attacker.
Last edited July 11, 2017 11:18 pm

Rolls

Lightsaber Attack

2 Success, 5 Advantage, 2 Failure, 2 Threat

Total: 3 Advantage

Ignore one purple from above.

1 Threat

Total: 1 Threat

Jul 12, 2017 4:47 am
OOC:
waiting on actions from heyop and mal and will proceed then -- and I'm suspicious I needed to up-power this guy quite a bit more to make him a threat, but we'll see!
Jul 12, 2017 7:38 am
OOC:
I feel quite threatened! Side note, did I do my attack correctly? Attacking him is 1 Purple and 1 Red? If he had a couple melee defense, I doubt I would have hit him at all with the additional 2 setback dice from the melee defense.
Jul 13, 2017 4:24 am
OOC:
Correct on 1 red and 1 purple. He was designed as a hard opponent for relatively in-experienced characters, so no melee defense baked in for him.
Jul 13, 2017 6:49 am
Well, I did my part. Soooo, are Heyop and Mal going to attack him, stay out of the fight, or take his side?
Jul 13, 2017 12:44 pm
OOC:
I was waiting on the resolution of Marc's action after the Despair is taken into account and Csillag's new modfied roll result before I took action so I know what's going on and whqat we're working with. Darth has been pretty busy I figure in life since he's not even moding his own game though. As for the bad guy scaling you're the GM (Rav might have a clone or disciple that takes on his name, shrugs) plus we've been playing for over a year so this guy is stronger than the first Dark Lord we faced but we're much more powerful after a year of playing also we have lightsabers and the skills/talents to use them. I could post but we'll probably still be waiting on Darth unless we're just pushing to resolve, I did have a tactic in mind if I just need to post though.
Last edited July 13, 2017 12:51 pm
Jul 14, 2017 7:06 pm
OOC:
Modified roll gives the same amount of advantage
Jul 18, 2017 4:27 am
The initial attacks by Marc and Csillag close in on Rav and the sabers flash in the flickering light of the Dawn Temple as night falls and the reduced power of the temple is not enough to do much beyond keeping the Dark Jedi away from the holocrons. Rav moves gracefully about the field, relying on the rubble of the temple to provide advantageous footing the keeps Csillag at bay. Marc is less affected, and manages to land a partial hit to the Dark Jedi -- its effects at least partially deflected.

falryx sent a note to falryx
In the ensuing melee however, Marc's weapon takes a hit from Rav's parrying lightsaber -- slightly damaging it.
OOC:
Marc - I'm going to call your damage 'minor' so every attack now adds a setback. I'm also going to use this as a mechanism to prevent the usage of linked attack this round with your advantage.
Jul 18, 2017 12:37 pm
Heyop's eyes dance about the fight as he stays still and watches. He bursts into motion finally attacking Rav when he sees an opening.
OOC:
I believe it's 8 Damage and using both Advantage to Sunder his weapon twice.
Last edited July 18, 2017 12:38 pm

Rolls

Ataru Style Lightsaber attack+Aim

3 Success, 2 Advantage, 1 Failure

Total: 2 Success, 2 Advantage

Jul 19, 2017 5:12 am
OOC:
Copy that.
Jul 27, 2017 5:42 pm
As Marc falls back -- his lightsaber sparkling a little disconcertingly -- Heyop's frenetic burst of action gets in under the dark Jedi's guard. Flashes of light reflect off of the walls and ceiling as Heyop's Ataru style is deflected time and again by the more experienced Jedi's defense -- but in the end, Heyop's persistence pays off and he lands a blow.

Rav uses what skill he has available to deflect it -- dramatically reducing the efficacy of the attack -- but it's not sufficient to prevent Rav from being mortally wounded. His saber retracts as it falls from his grasp and he dramatically sinks to his knees... and then falls face forward leaving the four of you standing about him...
Jul 27, 2017 5:56 pm
Heyop stands on the fallen combatant's weapon and draws his blaster holstering his lightsaber. He stares at the man for a long time and grinds his teeth grudgingly flipping it to stun. "Everyone good?" Heyop asks waiting for the man to twitch so he can empty his blaster pack into the man before reaching for his truncheon and bludgeoning the man for resist... he kind of hope he twitches.
Jul 27, 2017 9:18 pm
Holstering her weapon Csillag responds, "I'm unharmed, but could use a bit of a rest."

Rolls

Strain Recovery [Discipline]

3 Success, 1 Triumph

Total: 3 Success, 1 Triumph

load next

You do not have permission to post in this thread.